Set Review: 70807 Metalbeard's Duel

Yaaaar

Ahoy, LEGO fans! It be time for another set review from the high seas! The LEGO Group has provided some LEGO Movie sets, and today scallywag reporter ChocolateFrogs reviews MetalBeard's Duel. This sea-faring captain is now a landlubber in a robot body fighting for justice against Lord Business (I can only assume), and he looks menacing doing it. Is this set all it seems to be, or is it another blank fired from a loose canon? Read, and watch, on to find out.

View the full article

Between my affinity for Mecha and vaguely Steampunk-themed sets, this is a must-have; thank you for the review!

I'm glad that most of the LEGO movie sets have a good piece-to-USD ratio, this one included; it shall make it all the more easy to indulge my plastic vice with this kit.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

I like the Mech-ness of it, but I feel there's too much going on with Metalbeard's walker.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I am pretty surprised to see that the classic shark makes up the shark arm. I thought that they retired that piece in favor for the sharks that can fit minifigs inside its mouth.

It's actually NOT the classic shark, but rather a new one that fits on studs better. The old one only had a two-by-one footprint, meaning that to fix it to a baseplate or similar part you had to use a 1x2 plate to lift the shark off the surface, whereas this one fits cleanly onto most surfaces without needing to "hover". The new one also has gills, unlike the old one.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother