Bzprpg - Po-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC: Now who doesn't know their naval history Ghosthands? "Scuttlebutt"=Rumor. The story you just heard was probably told to him by a friend of a friend of a friend who got it from this old guy who may have heard it from someone too drunk to remember his own name. Of course it was going to be wrong! XD 1. MY characters didn't CHARGE RECKLESSLY though the corridor after exiting the sand dune. It's much easier to avoid something like that when you're moving slowly. 2. Luck. Long story short for my guys, Kali goofed, Kalama found another entrance underground, the Marines narrowly evaded Yorlonda's goons and are examining a large door. IC: "Whoa, whoa, whoa? Temple of Wisdom? I thought this was a Toa's Suva." Nuraka said. Tanuka was busy sketching the artwork. "It was THOUGHT to be a Suva. It might still be." She went on to explain. "Years ago in 468, the Red Star revealed a prophecy regarding a temple dedicated to Wisdom. However it was translated out as a BEING of Wisdom. Not the ideal itself. Which was odd. In 493 the phenomena repeated again only this time instead of Wisdom, it was Valor. But still a BEING of Valor. Not the ideal once again. In 875, Turaga Vakama received a vision of the future that supposedly contained the two beings. According to what he saw, there were two Toa. One of Wisdom, one of Valor. They were engaged in battle with some kind of... well... monster on top of the bodies of hundreds of Toa. The monster had slain every single last Toa alive and only these two were left. Then they faded away as if they didn't even exist. After wards the monster was celebrating on top of the bodies of dead Toa, Turaga, and Matoran while a map of Mata-Nui burned in the background signifying that Mata-Nui itself would burn." Tanuka paused to brush some of the dust away from the door before continuing. "It's believed that what Vakama saw were two futures. One in which these last Toa of Valor and Wisdom were the last hope of preventing that monstrosity from continuing on to destroy Mata-Nui, and the other where nether Toa existed and the monster went unchecked. No one is sure which future is fated to come true.If this truly is the Temple of Wisdom and their Suva lies beyond this door... then maybe Wisdom is alive somewhere... but where? More importantly... how do we get this door open?" Tanuka yelped as the door started lifting before her. Tokain grunted as he lifted the door easily, his Pakari glowing as it lended him the extra strength he needed to lift the gate. "Ladies... first... Princess..." he grunted. As the group proceeded into the temple, Tokain maneuvered so that he was inside the room before letting the gate drop. Kalama looked around. "Ah, perfect. This is the maintenance tunnels entrance. This should take us right past the outer chambers into the maw of the Sanctum." Tokain grinned. "Perfect. Right to the fun part." ------- The Matoran's eyes got wide when he processed what Lohkar had said. There were Ga-Koroan Marines here?!?! He cursed. Yorlonda was not going to be happy to learn about this. She was expecting her old rivals to show up and do the work of getting inside the temple for her. The Matoran who'd run off came bounding back and paused next to his cohort muttering something. Nodded the Matoran looked up at Lohkar. "Lady Yorlonda would like to speak with you. Follow me."

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

IC: I'll show you pestilence...! Kohra thought. "And I insist you let me go." she said, keeping her voice level, but pulling back slightly harder on her arm.Her arm was right how it was supposed to be. It gave her powers, abilities she otherwise wouldn't have. It helped her to do the things she needed to do, the right things."As you can see, I am neither mad, nor am I in pain."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Lohkar) Karz right, she would, Lohkar thought. Smiling confidently, he followed the Matoran to the main entrance of the temple, where Yorlonda was waiting for them. "Good evenin', Lady Yorlonda," said Lohkar, flourishing his Arthron in a bow. "I believe I may be of some service to you." OOC:EDIT: I did know what that meant, Kalama, and I wasn't saying you didn't know your history. But the Matoran got the story wrong, and so Lohkar pointed that out. I was hardly going to just accept that as my backstory, and reversing it seemed the best way to play the 'scuttlebutt' to Lohkar's advantage ;)

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC(Delarix): Delarix watched as Lohkar left to meet this "Lady Yorlonda". I guess I'll just look around. He thought. He wandered around to the side of the temple. IC(Agarin): Agarin heard somebody approach. He raised his guitar, ready to strike a chord, and jumped around the corner. Only to be greeted by a familiar face... "Delarix?" he asked. "Agarin?" Delarix replied. Agarin smiled. "It's good to see you!"

Edited by Toa the kid
1302120354_212_FT0__tiger__bunny_.jpg

POW! A Toa of Earth who was serving as Yorlonda's honor guard smashed his fist into Lohkar's face. "You don't speak to Lady Yorlonda until spoken to... Pirate!" He snarled. "Boulder!" The Toa stiffened. "No need to go abusing guests in my presence. Help him up and dust him him off!" "Yes Mi'lady..." Boulder picked up Lohkar putting him back on his feet and handed him his Arthron. Yorlonda smiled at Lokhar as she swayed with each step circling Lohkar. "Well, well, well... Lohkar the pirate. I see those rumors of you taking the sudden plunge into the sudden swell, 10 fathoms deep, on the road to Karzhani floating around were completely, and utterly false." She sighed. "The men should know better than to spread lies though my ranks like that. Don't you think Boulder?" "Of course Mi'lady." "Mi'lady... if I may speak?" "Speak." "This pirate claims he saw Ga-Koroan Marines sneak into a back door into the Temple." Yorlonda stiffened. "Marines." She said coldly. She looked into Lohkar's eyes as if daring him to lie to her. "You. Saw. MARINES?!?!" Boulder moved to crush the pirate. "Wait!" Boulder paused and then backed off. Yorlonda stepped closer until she was inches away from Lokhar. "Marines..." She said slowly. A finger came up and tapped Lokhar on the "nose" daintily with each word. "You. Saw. Marines." She slid her hand down his mask and cupped his chin tenderly lifting it slightly. Her thumb brushing against his lips. "Was one of these Marines... oddly colored? Wasn't completely blue? Male? Wearing a bandana? Was he traveling with a rather large Toa of Stone wearing a very heavy looking sword?"

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

OOC: Can we have a description of Yorlonda, please? And Lohkar's not wearing his mask; like most Lesterin, he prefers to show his handsome face. IC (Lohkar) Lohkar stood a little unsteadily after his sudden flooring and equally sudden dusting-off. Not that that was unusual; Lohkar was often half-drunk anyway. Shaking away the dizziness, he said "Fear not, ma'am, as y'can see I am not currently residin' in Tren Krom's Locker, contrary to certain tales that have been goin' around." Lohkar's eyes crossed slightly each time Yorlonda's finger prodded his nose. Then her movements became a little more...interesting. This didn't faze Lohkar at all, though; he often had that effect on women. "If ya mean Kalama," he replied, "then yes, I believe that's the discoloured little upstart was leadin' the party. Yes, I know o' Kalama - know your enemy, eh? 'E's not exactly a friend ta people in my line o' work. Didn't pay much attention ta the handful o' Toa 'e 'ad with 'im, but I think one o' them matched your description." Lohkar strode over to the main door. He placed one hand on it, feeling the stone. He turned back to Yorlonda. "To me the situation seems thus," he said. "Kalama an' his Marines are now well on their way ta findin' whatever's in there. You've done a sterling job with this door so far, but you won't get through in time ta get it before Kalama does." He walked towards Yorlanda, a cunning smile on his face. "So, what I suggest is this: I will lead my crew into the temple via the backdoor entrance. We'll make our way through an' find Kalama, an' then delay 'im. Meanwhile, you an' your lads will get this door open and, usin' the time I'll buy ya, get the prize an' get back out again. We'll then escape Kalama an' his little band, an' get out the same way you will. Stands ta reason that the main way in'll have less traps than the backdoor entrance, an' so it'll be quicker an' safer." He folded his arms, returning Yorlonda's smile. "Like the idea?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: Toa of Water, Nuva build, taller then average standing on equal height with average male Toa, Sky blue Kanohi Hau, dark blue torso, feet and hands, light grey arms and legs, red Fikou tattoo on left 'collarbone' head pointing up. IC: Yorlonda's smile darkened, it along with the throaty chuckle she made looked and sounded positively sinister causing her renegades to shiver. "So the brat took the bait after all..." she sounded positively gleeful as she tapped her fingers together. "Marveloussssssss." "YOU!" she snapped at a Matoran. "Go tell the archivist to take a break! He'll need it... " "By your will Mi'lady!" Yorlonda then looked at Lohkar up and down, one finger tapping her teeth slowly and deliberately. Finally she tsked and waved her hand dismissively. "Chase them if you want but I doubt you'll truly catch them. If you do manage to live long enough you're welcome to almost anything you find..." at this point she was once again within Lohkar's personal space, hand around his neck. "But the Kanohi... is mine..." she whispered touching her forehead to his. "...and I will destroy you if you touch it..." She wandered off. "Get them out of my sight."

OOC: Okay, time to get on with this thing already... IC Garth - Po-Koro - Destroying debt with Tahuva: The Po Matoran spotted the dark and musty bar not far from the two travelers, "Over there," he said, pointing to the bar, and walking in its direction. Obviously Tahuva followed, and the two entered the dimly lit bar; almost immediately, two guards (or rather thugs) appeared at their sides, questioning them. "What is your business here?" one of them asked. "I wish to speak with the owner of this bar," Garth said, and the thug guards exchanged glances. "Follow us," one of them said, but it was too dim in the bar for Garth to determine which one of the two spoke. Garth and Tahuva were lead through the bar, around tables towards a staircase; one that lead to a basement, or somewhere underground. As the descended the stairs, Garth couldn't help but notice the lack of people as they walked down short hallways and tunnels that lead toward the bar's owner, perhaps the owner had focused his defenses at the first floor of the bar. As Garth wondered why they were lead straight to the owner of the bar, they came upon a door, arched and wooden, with a metal handle. The thug guards then opened the large door, allowing Garth and Tahuva inside. Garth was also wondering why they weren't being searched, if these two thugs obeyed their master, then they should have been stripped of their weapons by now. Garth soon learned why they were not checked, and also why they were lead straight to the owner of the bar. An old Toa sat in a stone chair behind a stone desk, his armor was clearly rusted and downtrodden, worn and used. A large bright green Skakdi stood next to the old Toa, standing over him like a tower, sitting in a chair in front of the stone desk was a Ta-Matoran, who appeared to be getting up from his seat. Garth watched as the Matoran shook hands with the old Toa (he was surprised the Toa was able to do so) and left the desk, staring at Garth as he walked around the two and left the room. Garth turned his attention back to the old Toa, and walked up to the desk, looking at the elderly Toa. "... oh my," the Toa said as he realized just who he was looking at. He looked at Tahuva, and half smirked, "Come with backup, have you? You still owe me 600 widgets, Garth, nothing can change that." The Matoran had different ideas, though. "No, it will change, my family worked to pay you back for years, they made you rich, and you abused our debt to you. I've done the math, and from what it says, you owe me 800 widgets. I don't know what you did to threaten my family, but it was a crime, so I'm here to end this." The old Toa of fire sighed, standing up to his full height from his chair, "You're right, you and your wretched family was my biggest bank, my most faithful provider. I hate debts, I really do, so, to pay you off in full, I'm going to have to be rid of you, poof, no more debt. J'uur, kill them both," he said, and the large bright green Skakdi who stood behind him looked at Tahuva, and suddenly his eyes charged red, signalling a heat vision blast. OOC: Okay, now we start the fight. -Garth

IC (Lohkar) Lohkar's sharp mind was whirring, absorbing all this information, assessing ambiguities, considering truthfulness. Bait...that was interesting. So apparently Kalama's idea (whatever it was) of what was to be found within the temple was erroneous, and there was some kind of Kanohi of rarity and value to be claimed. That was what Yorlonda was after; but she'd implied there was other treasure too, and Lohkar was welcome to it. Sounded good. He strode away from Yorlonda and her men. "Right, lads!" he called to his crew. "We're goin' in. All hands to the secret entrance!" With that he began to walk towards said entrance, and stopped just short of the depression in the ground, waiting for his crew. He was, in truth, quite surprised at how readily she'd accepted Lohkar's plan. But that might mean there was something waiting down there that he didn't know about... Fortunately, though, Captain Lohkar was - well, Captain Lohkar.

OOC: Wow, two whole pages. IC: Gunner Gunner turned his head up to this Lady Yorlanda, 'I don't like her,' he turned back to Lohkar, 'And I'm too fond of this plan either cap. I certainly hope you've got some sort of double-cross planned Lohkar, otherwise this'll get really bad, really fast.' -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Yasurek: Yasurek was back with the group gathering to go down the secret entrance to the temple. "So, we're going to go down this hole to stall some marines. Sounds incredibly difficult and dangerous," he said to Lohkar. "Who wants to go down first?" "Also," he said, looking around, "Delarix seems to be missing."

Edited by pokemonlover360

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

OOC: O_O this is going to be harder than I thought!IC: Tahuva held up his metal shield and blocked the heat vision, then absorbed the heat through his shield, gaining more energy. He drew his sword. "Stay behind me!" He pointed the sword at the Skakdi and shot a supercharged spiralling pillar of fire.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC (Po-Wahi):Raknar, as always, stood next to Lohkar; no matter their past rivalries, among the Infernavika's crew he was the closest to being Raknar's peer."'Bout time. I was thinkin' we were gonna be screwed, shut up in a room with a lady." He had noticed Yorlonda's... appealing behavior, too, and wasn't sure he liked it. Even a Skakdi alcoholic had his limits, indeed.

IC (Alex, in Syyge's body, Po-Wahi, near the Temple of Wisdom): Alex was fascinated by what he was seeing. Kalama's crew had just entered the temple and naturally, Alex had followed in his spirit form. He was staggered to hear what Kalama and said. There was a treasure in that temple. Perhaps even a weapon... or a powerful Kanohi mask... whatever it was, Alex would find use for it. He was about to return to Syyge's body, when he saw Arzanyos tying the body up. And he was tying him tight. Very tight. With no time to lose, Alex quickly returned to the body and swung his body in order to kick Arzanyos. Then he began wriggling free of the rope. "What is it with people trying to tie me up?" he said. IC (Henkka, in Voi's body, Po-Koro): "Let's go then", Henkka said and lead Naona and Stronin out of the village. "I bet he's not far away"; Henkka said. "He wants to kill me anyway and he's not going to lose me. I'm sure of that."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: Kohra shrugged, her eyes now coldly looking at the Toa. She could hear her guide again. And he was setting the facts straight. He had wanted to show the Matoran the truth. Why they were here, but they had refused to listen. Having them fall ill had been a means to an end. The Vortixx understood that concept very well. But she still had to get this Toa of her back. She could probably use her abilities to break his hold he still had of her arm, maybe even dispose of this ignorant goody-goody. But such a display of her powers would attract unwanted attention, make her face known. No. That wasn't an option. Yet."I've traveled on this Island from the icy heights to the deep forests, from lakes of fire to lakes of azure waters and I my arm was this way all the way. Whatever this plague may or may not be, I do not suffer from it. You are mistaken." she said, a bit of (acted) warmth returning to her expression. She gave the Toa look like one would maybe give a young Matoran who made a mistake out of not knowing any better.

IC: Arzanyos saw the toa squirm and decided to "Calm him down". He contemplated using his mace and chain, then decided to just punch him in the face. Arzanyos then slipped back to Lohkar, whispering "Any orders? The guy's down for the count". OOC: Autohit, but you're tied up. How do you dodge that?

Progenitus Worldsoul

Marquis of making RPG profiles, but never actually posting.

"Strength through honor. Virtue through flames."

IC (Lohkar) "Double-cross?" Lohkar said to Gunner - but with a surreptitious wink. "I'm a man o' my word. Why would I want ta double-cross the good Lady Yorlonda?" He looked to Arzanyos. "Good work," he said. "I don't know what 'is game is, but I'd rather 'ave 'im tied up than up an' about." He turned back to address his whole crew. "Mates, we're goin' in." He pointed to the depression in the sand. "That there is our secret entrance. And we enter it - " he stuck out a leg to stand on it - "like so." He disappeared downwards in a puff of sand.

OOC: No problem with the autohit, but I really don't see how that would be enough to render Alex unconscious. IC (Alex, in Syyge's body, Po-Wahi, near the Temple of Wisdom): Alex saw stars, both in his head and in the sky. The punch had temporarily knocked him out. Alex quickly regained his senses and looked at the rope tied around him. The rope hadn't been knotted. With a few shrugs, Alex got free. He quickly ran further from the site of the conflict. He hid himself behind another dune and watched out carefully for Arzanyos or Lohkar.

OOC: No problem with the autohit, but I really don't see how that would be enough to render Alex unconscious. IC (Alex, in Syyge's body, Po-Wahi, near the Temple of Wisdom): Alex saw stars, both in his head and in the sky. The punch had temporarily knocked him out. Alex quickly regained his senses and looked at the rope tied around him. The rope hadn't been knotted. With a few shrugs, Alex got free. He quickly ran further from the site of the conflict. He hid himself behind another dune and watched out carefully for Arzanyos or Lohkar.

OOC: Erm, excuse me? When you "TIE SOMEONE UP" you generally knot the rope!

IC (Po-Wahi, outside temple):Raknar stepped onto the patch of sand----and fell, sand momentarily muffling his mouth and eyes, before he came to an unceremonious halt on the floor.Spitting sand out between muttered invectives, he picked himself up and grasped his axe tightly. Surely the marines down the tunnel had heard his entrance; that meant the time to strike was now, no matter what Brakas Lohkar fed him about staying still."C'mon -- the longer we wait, the longer they have to prepare." Raknar activated his x-ray vision and began jogging forward.OOC: Just to clarify the situation, Kalama, even if Lohkar stops Raknar again:1. Because Raknar has x-ray vision, he can see a trap before he springs it.2. By extension, you can't autohit Raknar with traps because he can see them.3. Luck should have nothing to do with this. If the Matoran didn't trigger any traps, it's highly doubtful Raknar will trigger any, himself.

OOC: They wouldn't have heard - there's a lot of corridor and a thick stone door between us and them. IC (Lohkar) Lohkar had landed softly on his feet, the agility that Water Lesterin were born with proving its worth. "Well, you're right about one thing, Raknar," he said, striding a step behind Raknar and trusting the rest of the crew to follow. "We need ta hurry. But we're not goin' ta attack 'em. 'Leastways, not unless I tell ya. But we've got ta find 'em fast." A dart shot out of the wall, passing inches from Lohkar's face. "Right, Raknar," he said. "If you would be so kind as ta use that vision o' yours ta find any traps ahead. I'll use my Arthron too, so we should be able to avoid 'em quickly." They had arrived at a long staircase. Lohkar couldn't see it, but every few steps there was one that, when depressed, would cause a poisoned dart to be fired from the mouths of carved faces set into the wall. Fortunately, Raknar's x-ray vision would allow him to detect this mechanism and thus avoid the trick steps.

OOC: Booby-trapped stairwell? Where'd that come from? IC (Po-Wahi, inside Temple of Wisdom): Snap-HISS went the hidden dart mechanism; a whish of air behind Raknar's head and just in front of Lohkar's. The Skakdi turned, his smile somehow savage and apologetic at the same time. "Sorry," he grunted, before turning to the stairwell before them. It stretched out before them into the shadows, curving ever-so-slighty to the left. Raknar's x-ray vision caught small gears, levers, and pneumatics underneath the third stair down; they led to the wall, where another series of gears would transmit the motions to recessed dart blowers. The third stair after that was rigged the same way, and the third stair after that, and so on. How the people who had built this temple got such technology, Raknar couldn't understand; but the traps were there, and that was all that mattered. "Every third step's rigged," he said to the others, and began jogging down, his long strides carrying him easily over the booby-trapped steps.

Edited by Legolover-361

OOC: These are the stairs Nala fell down earlier. We're doing down them, not up them. IC (Lohkar) Carefully avoiding stepping on the rigged steps, Lohkar descended, right behind Raknar. The next room they found themselves in contained a large door, which appeared to be blocking their path, and several dead Matoran. Lohkar ignored the corpses and walked over to the heavy door. "Hmm," he said, looking at the fresh scrape-marks on the wall, where the door had recently been heaved open. "Raknar, this is gonna take Skakdi strength. Mind gettin' us through here?"

IC: Kohra's eyes narrowed a little, drawing in a sharp breath. Suddenly, she relaxed and said: "Very well." If he hadn't attacked her by now, she realized, he probably would not try it unless she gave him a reason. So playing along seemed like a good alternative.Clo'on looked relaxed a bit, which was what the Vortixx had hoped for. She pulled her arm back again and finally got it out of the Toa's grasp."I hope this is not the way you treat every female you think needs help." she said, rubbing her wrist.

OOC: Okay, I edited my post. IC (Po-Wahi, Temple of Wisdom): "Skakdi strength," Lohkar had said. Course; leave the hard work to the Skakdi. But Raknar only grunted in reply, squatting partially to lower his center of gravity and partially to dig his fingers into the tiny space between door and ground. His hands had never seemed fat before, but now? He finally dug his hands far enough into the gap to grip the other side of the door -- Karzahni, it was thick. Thick, stone, and old: the makings of a very hard-to-open door. He gritted his teeth hard enough to feel pressue in his lower jaw, ignored Lohkar's expectant gaze, and threw all his weight upward and backward. Without too much effort, the door swung open. Caught unawares, Raknar abruptly found himself on the ground three meters from the door. The back of his head was throbbing. "S'open," he muttered, picking himself up.

Edited by Legolover-361

OOC: Sorry again, should've made that clearer; the door opens upwards. IC (Lohkar) Lohkar looked at the heavy door, which looked like it was about to fall back down again. Thinking quickly, he grabbed a large femur from a nearby Vortixx skeleton and wedged the door open. "There," he said. "I think I can hear the Marines up ahead - we're gettin' close. Remember, we are not attackin'!"

OOC: Ah but the Akaku would be rather worthless against arcane puzzles now wouldn't it? IC:TEMPLE OF WISDOM CHAMBERTEMPLE OF WISDOMPO-WAHI, 2322 HRS "Hmmmmm..." Kalama stared at the platforms on the floor. A central one was raised above three others arranged in a triangle around it. The three were colored red, yellow and blue. They were also covered in body parts and dried blood. "Even the correct path can be booby trapped." Kalama had said a few chambers earlier while examining a wall that blocked their path, only to narrowly avoid getting his eye gouged out as he found the correct switch to open the wall and a long spike suddenly slid forward coming within millimeters of braining him before it retracted and the door opened. "Case in point." Only Tokain found the pun amusing. Before them was one of the arcane in nature puzzles Kalama had said they would find. Yuni had come close to finding out just how lethal it was. Tokain had snatched her from the blue colored platform just as a stone column crashed down attempting to crush the Marine. They were milling about nervously in the room eying everything with suspicion. Only Tokain and Kalama seemed relaxed. "Lesse... there's no blood on the central dais so it's obviously safe. The amount of gore seems to increase from least to greatest in yellow, blue, red. Several people were close to cracking this thing..." Kalama stepped onto the central platform. The three platforms suddenly glowed, each one emitting a musical note all at the same time. They pulsed slightly as if waiting for something. "Ah, okay so Yellow..." He hopped onto the yellow platform which emitted a low note and glowed when he came in contact with it. "Blue..." He leaped over the central dais landing on the blue platform. This note was slightly higher pitched as if increasing in tone. "Re-waaaait a minute... " He eyed the red platform suspiciously. "Something's off. If it's that easy then it's TOO easy..." He stared at the red platform for a minute, then at the yellow. It was then that something caught his eye. Glancing over at the door he noticed for the first time the fire braziers on ether side of the door. "Well Mata-Nui strike me down! Ingenious!" Kalama rapidly hopped over each color platform. Each time the tone would get higher pitched. Once he hit the eighth note he jumped back onto the central dais. The yellow, then blue, then red platforms lit up in succession as if celebrating. Finally they all sounded once. The gate opened. "Brilliant work Professor." Tokain grinned as he lumbered into the next room. The gate closed and locked after everyone had entered into the next room. This one was a rather large and open room. Tokain paused. "Ya hear that?" He reached back grabbing his sword blade. Kalama paused, "Yeah." The Marines and Tanuka tensed. Kalama looked across the large room to the exit on the other side. "Sounds like you're up Tokain." "It's about time." The Stone Toa grinned as he advanced into the room. Slowly he turned as he reached the center of the room walking backwards. He paused, feeling the guardian of this room watching him. Suddenly a giant shadow dropped from the ceiling. It was spider-like in nature. The ends of it's eight legs tapered with a long sharp claw. It's ten eyes all moving independent of each other locked onto Tokain as he turned to face the creature and narrowed as if glaring at the Toa. Two tentacle like appendages snaked out from somewhere on it's second body segment. It's mandibles opened up and it's mouth seemed to extend outward with long sharp teeth dripping with saliva. The shriek it emitted was enough to drown out Tanuka's terrified scream. Tokain waved his hand in front of his face. "Phew... ugly AND with mornin' breath..." Yanking the large blade from his back he swung it over his head and it landed with a crash causing a small crater where the tip had hit the ground. "Guess I'll have to put you out of your misery then..." OOC: You didn't serious think traps were the only thing down here did ya?

Edited by Kalama and Ta Rahkshi

IC Yasurek: Yasurek had slipped down the hole in the sand without much trouble and followed Raknar and Lohkar down the stairs of the temple. Raknar had opened the door which was now propped open. "There," Lohkar said. "I think I can hear the Marines up ahead - we're gettin' close. Remember, we are not attackin'!" "Yes sir," Yasurek said. "No fighting; only watching. sounds easy enough. You and Raknar should probably continue leading the way since you both have the trap and people sensing abilities."

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

IC (Lohkar) Unnoticed by Kalama and his gang, Lohkar had been quietly watching from the doorway. When Kalama looked at the braziers, he ducked back out of sight just in time. So when they entered the chamber with the coloured platforms, Lohkar was ready. "Here goes," he said to his crew, grinning, as he jumped on the blue platform. Nothing happened. Lohkar frowned. "Hang on," he said, "wasn't it - " Suddenly his eyes shot upwards, as a huge stone column plummeted towards him. In a movement which was mostly down to instinct, reflexes and luck, he drew his Zamor launcher and fired a metal sphere at the column, point blank, milliseconds before it would have crushed him. It shattered into several shards and a fair bit of stone dust. The jagged stump that remained retracted back into the ceiling. "...Oops. Clumsy me!" he said roguishly. The second time he completed the puzzle quickly and without incident. The door slid open, and they hurried through to the next room. The sight that greeted their eyes was...unusual. The Marines and Toa were now confronting a spiderish monstrosity. "Ya want ta fight somethin', Raknar?" Lohkar roared. "FIGHT THAT!" With that, he drew both his launcher and his long cutlass, and leapt into the fray.

Kalama watched amused as the pirate crew ran to join in the fray with Tokain. "Well... that was unexpected. Come on ladies. Let's go figure out how to open the other door while Tokain and our new guests play Whack-a-Guardian." With that he herded his Marines to the other side of the chamber. "Does he need help?" "Tokain is perfectly capable of handling himself. In fact I think our new guests may have evened the odds for that creature since Tokain has flattened bigger easily. He likes a challenge."

OOC: Kalama, don't get me wrong, I love RPing with you, but you have a habit of making any character you control somehow...superhuman, as it were. You always say how they've "handled much bigger", "sailed far worse storms" etc etc, even when the thing in question is definitely on the high end of the scale. It's not a huge criticism, but it does make you seem a little...overconfident, shall we say. IC (Lohkar) A long tendril snaked out, curling around Lohkar's ankle and yanking him into the air. It lifted him, with him flailing his cutlass wildly, swinging over the heads of the others. Suddenly, steel met tentacle. Steel won. Lohkar dropped to the ground, as did a long, slimy appendage. He quickly picked himself up, finding himself next to Tokain. He squared up to the spider, looking sideways at the Toa. "Evenin', mate," he said. "Hope I'm not interruptin'?"

IC (Po-Wahi, Temple of Wisdom):Those first moments of battle were nothing short of hellish.The... thing, for that was all Raknar could call it, had already engaged the Ga-Koro marines and a Toa. But even as Lohkar charged into the fray, the marines backed away and around the monstrosity. They were cowards, running away to grab the treasure while the pirates were trapped. Heck, they were even leaving their own Toa behind."Little Brakas," growled Raknar.He lifted his axe and ran forward. A long, tentacle-like appendage (The thing has tentacles!? passed momentarily through Raknar's mind) wrapped around Lohkar's leg and flipped him upside-down, where he dangled in the air.There was a flash of silver in the chamber's gloom.Lohkar fell back down next to the other Toa; a cleanly-sliced portion of the tentacle fell with him.The Captain was out of danger. Raknar had no obligations to help him now, and so he took his turn to charge.There was nothing but him and his axe now -- he swung hard, but the spider-creature pulled its leg away. "I'll go to Karzahni an' take you with me!" cried the Skakdi of Stone, leaping and grabbing the retreating limb.As expected, the thing drew its leg up faster upon Raknar's grasp closing around it. Raknar reached awkwardly across his body as the leg pulled against its body--The leg's momentum drove Raknar's axe blade into its body.It let out a high-pitched squeal, barely within hearing range for a Skakdi, and pulled up and away hard enough for Raknar to lose his grip. Determined not to knock his head again, Raknar spun to face the ground.He landed on his legs; stumbled; pitched forward, rolling. His head served as an unintended brake to his motion, and he found himself lying on the ground.Karzahni, did his head hurt.

IC: Arzanyos watched carefully as Raknar and Lohkar fought the spider, looking for a weakness. He knew his usual fighting styles were designed for combat against toa, not giant rahi. Then he realized the best option was probably his old fallback: Blast it with lightning. Grinning, he fired a bolt of electricity at the beast from his spear.

Progenitus Worldsoul

Marquis of making RPG profiles, but never actually posting.

"Strength through honor. Virtue through flames."

IC Yasurek: That is a really big... spider-thing, Yasurek thought. Fun times? He ran forward, following Lohkar and Raknar into battle. He slid under a claw swiping towards him and pole-vaulted on his spears to launch himself over the next clawed limb. He made a stab for the body. The spear bounced off with a rather pathetic *tink* sound. Yasurek was not amused. The creature had stopped trying to attack him because it didn't see him as a threat. This annoyed Yasurek. He ran unopposed under the creature and started stabbing at the belly of the beast. It still didn't penetrate the skin. He ran over to a leg and tried stabbing it. The leg held firm. He leaped on top of the creature and stabbed down at the top of his jump. Nothing. Yasurek stood there for a second, standing on top of the creature pondering his next move. He jumped down in front of the creature and made a stab for the face. Spear tip met squishy facial tissue and the creature reared back screeching. It then swung a leg at Yasurek who deflected the blow but was pushed back away from the creature. He got back up and dusted himself off. Definitely fun times, he thought.

Edited by pokemonlover360

IC(Agarin): Agarin least expected to meet his old friend HERE of all places. The two immediately began an exchange and caught each other up on their adventures. Agarin was just telling Delarix about a recent concert when he felt some fuzzy vibrations in the sand. He ceased talking and immediately stuck his hand in deep to detect the vibrations at a better quality. It seemed like Tanuka was screaming her head off. He stood back up and looked at Delarix. "I'd say we should go down." he said. IC(Delarix): Delarix nodded and followed Agarin down the pit of sand. Working togethor they made their way through the traps. The duo had soon caught up with the others, who were facing some kind of spider-creature. Delarix took a deep breath and hurled a fireball at the beast. OOC: Please no complaining about this whole traps deal, guys. I really just DID NOT want to go through all the extra writing and doing several posts to catch up. I just wanted to catch up and get back in the action. PLEASE don't bug me about this.

1302120354_212_FT0__tiger__bunny_.jpg