Bzprpg - Po-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Kughii

Kughii blinked. He could clearly see some of the more defining features, having forcefully been stopped in his frantic attempt to keep Cloaker alive. “Oh dear,” he said quite bluntly, “Maybe I should have left you dead...” In a brief glance Kughii surveyed the mixed emotions swirling across the toa’s face. Looking around, he quickly found his mask, slipped the strap around his neck to let it dangle freely against his chest, grabbed his blade and sheathed it, the clasp screeching with a sandy crunch. Standing up form his kneeled position, Kughii rolled his shoulders, then squatted, his arms sliding under the damaged toa like twin forks. “Up we go.”

IC: Liikyra

The Toa glared at Kughii for a second longer with the burning yellow eyes, as if to say "You think?". With the look on her face, it was amazing that the Vortixx didn't instantly burst into flames from the glare. She didn't say anything, as speaking was much too painful to be wasted on death threats. However, she allowed herself to be lifted up by the Vortixx, gritting her teath and wincing slightly as Kughii moved her. Broken ribs sucked. Tarakava sucked. Vortixx sucked. Being in a position where one was unable to do anything about it sucked as well.

The Toa just lay there, trying to ignore the pain, and staring straight ahead. Eventually though, the grey-armored Toa mumbled something sounding similar to "Thanks". But that had to be highly unlikely.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

“Pshh,” the air escaped from Kughii’s lips as he lowered the silvery toa to the ground of the cave, having tracked more sand across the entrance in the process. The fire still crackled despite the brief disturbance of the fight. How long was it, really? Two minutes? Three? Using what light he had, the vortixx quickly shredded Cloaker’s black cloak from the hem across, creating long strips of fabric despite the faint protestations and death glares he was given. “Oh, hush up Cloaker,” He growled back when he was halfway done, “If you’d stayed out of my way none of this woulda’ happened.”

A small container was removed from his traveling pack, and when the lid was unscrewed, Kughii dipped in a cleaned finger, removing a strange paste, causing Cloaker to visibly shudder. The smell was so noxious, so horribly unique, so rotten -- it screamed Ta-koro Hospital of The Guard. “Last of its kind,” Kughii remarked sourly, his lips puckered in displeasure. “Burns like a nui-jaga sting, but does it ever disinfect.” With a fast motion he slapped the pasty salve onto his open wounds, wincing and cursing as the medicine took effect. Grabbing the strips of clothe Kughii moved quickly to tightly bind his wounds, wrapping the shredded cloak around his leg as one would a long bandage. Tying the final knot, he glanced back over towards the toa, a look of disappointment on his face.

“I’d take care of your ribs, but honestly, I’m not that skilled of a healer, Cloaker. For now, I suggest you don’t move. I have to think about where I’m gonna take you.”

Edited by Riaril

"Oh, thanks," the Toa replied, the voice a fair bit more sarcastic than before. A lot more sarcastic. She glanced down at the now ruined cloak, her expression falling momentarily. With a groan, she pulled the remaining fabric off herself, her injuries protesting from the movement. Gah, looks like getting a new cloak was on her list of things to do. After killing that Vortixx.

"And my name isn't "Cloaker"," she added, more then a bit irritated from the name Kughii had given her. She wasn't one to go giving out her name to people, but if it meant he would shut up about the "Cloaker" stuff, then it was worth it. After a moment's pause, she added quitely, "Its Liikyra."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Auron:

Auron was going to complain that she started ahead of him, but he didn't have time to complain, he had a contest to win!

He quickly grabbed the first drink, and struggled to swallow it. Mata Nui, this stuff tasted awful. What did they put in it? Mahi dung?

Edited by AuRon the champion

If it were possible for her to do so, the Toa would have got up and walked away at that. Unfortunately, she couldn't, and so had to live with just rolling her eyes at the Vortixx. So much less annoying when I had my cloak, she thought, fixing her eyes on something other than the Vortixx. Which so happened to be the fire.

Liikyra sight, and winced as it brought another stab of pain. Great, not only what she stuck here for the time being, but her blades were still out in the desert by three bloodied Tarakava. Oh things were going so well.

IC: Aelynn

The Toa of Iron was currently on her second, but she was beginning to feel the effects of the first. Namely, a small giggle escaped her, quite unlike her to do. And, it was quite obvious now that she'd done something like this before.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Kughii

"If you're wondering about your weapons like any warrior would, I can get them," Kughii said, his statement gentle after the rough appraisal of his previous words. "I was planning on going out for the hides in the morning. Tarakava scales can make a good set of armor." He paused, suddenly in deep contemplation, a single finger resting on his lips as his eyes looked towards the ceiling. "Or, a good back-scrubber. Oh come on Llove, they sell at a good price in Ga-koro. Don't look at me like that. I could just as easily get up and leave you here to die." Kughii's last words were a snap at the expression Liikyra made, the truth of his statement sending her back to a state of submissive, though angered, repose. Rising, Kughii grabbed his blade and shuffled off into the night, leaving the toa alone in the cave to listen to the sounds produced while he removed the scaly hide from three robotic reptiles.

The deal with toa is this: they have too much pride. Every time you ask a toa NOT to do something, they go right ahead and pitch your request into the bin of good ideas, which is taken out to the street for pickup on a daily basis. I've tried reverse psychology too. The only thing that seems to work is ditching the dratted elemental upstarts while you can. Kughii paused, hands holding the bloodied peelings of his prize. So why don't I ditch this one? He glanced towards the orange glow in the mountains knowing if he left now she'd die. "Gaaah, I'm becoming an ussal belly I am," Kughii berated before turning back to his work. Where can I take her for medical care? Ga-koro seems logical, what with all the healer matoran... Pesky little runts.

Edited by Riaril

The Toa's frown deepened, but she held her tongue. The worst part was that he was right. He really was the only way she'd get to any medical attention in this state. Walking through the desert, at night, in this condition, was not something Liikyra wanted try. She hated being so helpless, having rely on someone else. Should have left him to the Tarakava, the Toa through bitterly, adjusting herself to a slightly more comfortable position on the hard cave floor. But no matter what, she couldn't bring herself to fully believe that statement.

She was a Toa, and whether she liked it or not, she couldn't have just let Kughii die by the rahi. Sighing, and then wincing at the pain that followed, at the impossible situation she was in, Liikyra closed her eyes and atleast tried to get some rest. He Kanohi allowed her to track, or at least judge the general position, of the Vortixx from the sound and the slight vibrations in the ground he was creating.

A grin crossed the Toa of Iron's face, and she half-heartedly tried to push Auron over, giggling. Hey, if they were doing last-one-standing, than all she had to do was stay standing at make sure he wasn't. Right?

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Gentle bunnying here, hope you don't mind, JL.

IC (Lohkar)

Lohkar had now spoken with most of the people in the bar. However, as he spoke to one of the most recent arrivals, something changed. Nobody could see it, but under his mask, the smile was draining from his face.

Floria had, according to Lohkar's plan, now fallen asleep thanks to the quantities of rum he'd kept buying her. The pirate felt bad leaving her, all the same, and tucked a few widgets into her hand. Lohkar didn't even think about how such random acts of kindness set him apart from most of his brethren; his thoughts were grim.

Tossing a handful of widgets onto the bar, he left, not even bothering to try to steal any of the barman's money. Such was the sobering effect of what he'd heard.

A blue hand clapped onto Lasinia's shoulder.

"Time ta go," Lohkar muttered. "I'm done here."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Mimira - Bazaar -

Mimira looked up at Lohkar as he clapped onto Lasinia's shoulder. "Does this mean we get to go look for buried treasure or something?" She was hoping for some excitement.

Edited by Snelly Bieber

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Sunshine flickered tentatively across the wispy smoke from the dying fire, white coals slowly relinquishing their natural heat. The smoke rising from what remained of the night’s illumination fluttered gayly in the rising dawn. Morning had broken to reveal Liikyra strapped to a makeshift drag-cart. Upon her questioning, Kughii replied with a insomniac’s drone; “I built it last night. Had to give up a couple of ribs for scrub brushes to make the skids. The rest is made from vertebrae and arm bones.” The fascination Kughii exhibited for creating something out of a dead rahi turned Liikyra’s stomach, but what choice did she have? Her weapons were lain sheathed next to her under a pile of scaly hides, their smell slowly beginning to mature as the two set out, Kughii pulling the load by a rope hoisted over his shoulder. Kughii’s bandages had disappeared, exposing three silvery scabs in his persimmon proto-shell where the claws had raked the exterior of his right leg.

“Where are we headed? Po-koro?”

“Nope,” Kughii replied, a smile creeping across his once again masked face. “Ga-koro.”Sunshine flickered tentatively across the wispy smoke from the dying fire, white coals slowly relinquishing their natural heat. The smoke rising from what remained of the night’s illumination fluttered gayly in the rising dawn. Morning had broken to reveal Liikyra strapped to a makeshift drag-cart. Upon her questioning, Kughii replied with a insomniac’s drone; “I built it last night. Had to give up a couple of ribs for scrub brushes to make the skids. The rest is made from vertebrae and arm bones.” The fascination Kughii exhibited for creating something out of a dead rahi turned Liikyra’s stomach, but what choice did she have? Her weapons were lain sheathed next to her under a pile of scaly hides, their smell slowly beginning to mature as the two set out, Kughii pulling the load by a rope hoisted over his shoulder. Kughii’s bandages had disappeared, exposing three silvery scabs in his persimmon proto-shell where the claws had raked the exterior of his right leg.

“Where are we headed? Po-koro?”

“Nope,” Kughii replied, a smile creeping across his once again masked face. “Ga-koro.”

IC: Eumirax

"Follow me." Eumirax could barely control his voice. He knew he was acting badly; Like a child waiting for their present, or a matoran on Naming Day. But it nearly didn't matter to him. Nearly. 04 is done.

My destiny is so close. Just a bit more.

He trudged off into the desert, leading Tera on the route to Ga-Koro. He was still weaponless, but any wild rahi that attacked would still suffer. And if they dared attack after the event, they would learn fear.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Cal - Eumirax

Cal picked himself up and out of the ground. He turned to thank Titrunia, only to find him already scuffling away. Calyziria didn't need to be a genius - which he was - to know that the other Vortixx was mad. He followed.

OOC: Cal to Ga-Wahi.

===

Soon reaching the border, Eumirax crossed into Ga-Wahi. And then they traversed more. And then they reached their location.

OOC: Eumirax to Ga-Wahi. (OOC: I'll address Tera's memory wipe along with the others.)

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC Yasurek, Nen, Thama, and Sashina:

Yasurek had taken some time to go off on his own from Lasinia and Mimira. He was sure that Mimi would be adequately protected, and he didn't want to be around for any possible scenes that might have erupted. Making his way elsewhere into the bazaar, he constantly surveyed the people around him, always looking for potential informants or threats. Alas, it was a bazaar, and there were no such individuals present.

Just as he was about to return to the group, a group of toa at a particular stand caught his eye. The stand had a sign on it reading "Crystal Emporium: we sell crystal". The trio of toa shopping at the stand were mulling over various weapons made out of crystal. The first toa had a black volitak, with a cloak covering the rest of his body, though Yasurek could see the occasional glimpse of shiny silver beneath it. He was examining a green crystal longsword, one that looked like it could be wielded with one or both hands. It was glimmering in the daylight as the toa shifted it back and forth, his eyes expressing nothing less than wonder and fascination. Yasurek was rather confused by the toa's enthusiasm, but walked closer.

The second toa was a toa of water, based on her coloring. Unlike what he expected a water toa to be carrying, she was holding a very large crystal axe. The fact that she could hold it up amazed Yasurek. The gleam from the axe seemed much more wicked than the first toa's sword, but there was still a benevolence to it's red material. Her kakama had a big grin all over it as she took a practice swing, the axe ringing from the speed and ferocity of the swing. Satisfied, she turned to the third toa.

his one was different than the others. She wore a cloak, but it didn't conceal her slate grey body. In her hands was a blue crystal bow, one that looked sturdy and reliable, but she did not appear as enthusiastic as the other two. Rather, she was poring over the bow with a concentrated glance, checking it for any flaws or errors. After her thorough examination, she smiled and turned to the shopkeeper.

"I think we'll take them," she told the matoran, handing him a good pile of widgets. The matoran gratefully accepted them and wished her and her companions a nice day. "Nen, Sashina, let's head back. There's plenty of planning to do for our trip." She turned to leave, catching the eye of a hooded Ko-matoran. His blue cloak was distinctive in the crowded bazaar, and his eyes betrayed that he had been watching the trio. Thama's eyes narrowed. He could be a spy, an agent of her foes come to finally find her. She had been trying to hide for a while now, keeping low with Nen and Sashina while doing the occasional odd job to get some income, but she had always known that some day she'd be found again. She held up a hand as quickly as she had started to leave, halting her companions.

"Ko-matoran, blue cloak. He was watching us," she whispered.

Her toa of earth companion leaned close to her. "I don't think he's an enemy," he observed. "Looks pretty harmless. Probably just a nice guy."

"Nen, I keep telling you, they could be anywhere," Thama replied, a bit of annoyance in her voice. She liked Nen, she really did, but he was too carefree all the time. It was hard to tell when he was serious about something.

Yasurek, for his part, was turning to leave when a blue blur whooshed in front of him. He felt eyes on the back of his head and turned his head slightly to get a glimpse of who it was. The axe-wielding water toa was right behind him, and she did not look happy. Well, this is a great situation, he thought to himself.

"Could you please come join me and my friends for a bit, mister?" she asked, her tone friendly, but with a distinct hint of no-nonsense.

Yasurek nodded and was led back to the other two. The quartet then walked a few stalls down, coming to a stop in an alley between two huts. Yasurek was starting to feel a distinct sense of worry coming on.

"Alright matoran," Thama began, "Who are you and why were you watching us?"

"My name is Yasurek. I'm a midshipman for a vessel docked outside the koro and I'm here to gather information on recent happenings on the island."

"Well, I'm sold," said Nen. "I mean, he looks perfectly fine to me, and he didn't seem to be lying."

"Only one way to find out," said Sashina. She pulled out her metal axe and pointed it at the matoran. "Are you lying, Yasurek?" she asked, the axe getting closer.

Well, these guys seem odd. Seriously, asking me if I'm lying? "No, I'm not lying," was what he said.

"And you haven't ever heard of a toa named Harynthia or a malicious team of five toa either?"

"Nope. Can't say I have."

"Fair enough." Thama visibly relaxed. Whatever this matoran was, it wasn't a threat to her or her friends. "Sorry for dragging you here. I'm Thama, this is Nen, and this is Sashinalabafocasanowa. You can call her Sashina."

"And together, we are the SemDysFunc do-gooders brigade!" Nen added. At Yasurek's incredulous look, he added "We help people in trouble. Then they can give us money if they want. It's a good lifestyle. We're currently camped out here because Thama has this evil old team of toa that's out to get her under orders from Makuta. That's why we were rude to you."

"Sorry about the whole axe thing," Sashina apologized. "I'm really quite nice. To things that I'm not currently chopping in half."

"Good to know," was all that the now very confused Yasurek could say.

"If you're looking for current events, we could just give you a copy of the mata nui daily," Thama offered. "Or we could just tell you. The main event of the day is that Xa-koro was apparently destroyed and has sunk into the sea. Nobody knows why."

Good thing I wasn't there when it sank then, Yasurek thought. Those poor people... It's not like I could have done anything anyway.

"Other than that, you can check the paper yourself. We're planning an adventure!"

"Really now? How long have you been planning this adventure?"

"Several months. It's been great laying low all this time."

"Why haven't you done anything else? Why wait?"

"It's dangerous out there. There are dangerous people out there," Thama commented. "The unknown is unknown because those who go to explore it never return to tell us about it. Either they're killed... or lost." A flicker of darkness seem to wash over her previously bright face before returning to normal. "It's not really a situation many people would understand."

"What I understand is you three sitting around letting things constrain you. Be free! Take charge and go forth! Do something!"

"Why don't you?" Sashina replied after a pause.

"I'm sorry?"

"Why don't you do something? Look at you, you have spears poking out of you everywhere, you clearly have agility, and your eyes convey a determination that doesn't come along often. Go use it."

"I can't. The universe won't let me."

"So get over it. If the world's going to try to knock you down, you just need to stay up. Once you know how to do that, you'll be free to do whatever. Just find a way to succeed."

"It's not that easy."

"Neither is facing the unknown. Just go out and do it, and we'll do the same. Sounds fair."

Thama looked at Yasurek. She could see darkness in him, a need to be free, but there was also plenty of honest good in him. There was a desire to fix past mistakes, to help. Guess I'm not the only one, she thought to herself. "Looks like they have us both beat," she said to him. "Might as well get on with our plans.

"Very well. Until next time." He left them in the alley, hearing a few "byes" from them. A bit of searching later and he had obtained a copy of the Daily. He flipped through it, getting back to Lasinia and Mimi just as Lohkar returned. He did not look happy. "Did you hear anything, Captain Lohkar Sir?" he asked. Hopefully Lohkar was alright.

As Yasurek hurried away, Thama and the rest of the trio made their way out of the city. At one point she was almost certain she had seen the toa of iron who had tried to kidnap Hafu all those months ago, but she paid it no heed. After all, he wasn't that dangerous, and she had more things to worry about. She and the pair were heading to Ga-koro so Sashina could check in with her courrier company and catch up on late work. They reached the desert in good time.

She turned to her friends. "This time, let's follow the road so we don't get lost."

"Excellent plan. Follow me." Sashina grabbed Nen and blurred away, dragging him with her. They were soon gone past the horizon.

"Thama watched them go and turned, looking around. It was only a matter of time...

She turned and warped after them, making a series of far jumps across the landscape. They'd be there soon.

OOC: Nen, Thama, and Sashina to Ga-wahi

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

The Fe-Toa frowned. "Well that's not fair!" She stated with about as much seriousness as she could manage at the moment. It wasn't that much.

The Toa let out a small groan, one that came for multiple reasons. The sudden movement as Kughii started off did little to help her state, but she did her best to ignore the sharp stab of pain. The second was that Ga-Koro wasn't exactly a short walk away, especially considering they were near the wastern side of the Wahi. Walking wasn't the problem for her, seeing she was being dragged on a-

Yeah. It was best not to think about it too much.

"Lovely."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: [Treize]

Through the judicious use of the great narrative power known as the time-skip, Treize lead her companion into the Po-Koro Guard Headquarters, while carrying a large writhing sack.The guards paid her no heed, for she was wearing the identification of a member of the Ga-Koro Navy.

"Here we are."

IC (Lohkar)

"I did," Lohkar replied grimly as he marched his crewmembers back to Po-Koro's gate. "By Artakha, I did..."

The Lesterin's usual carefree demeanour was gone, replaced by a mixture of sadness, anger and grief. He turned to his shipmates.

"Xa-Koro's gone," he said. "The whole spirit-damm Islets are gone. The only place on Mata Nui that would ever accept us. Gone."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Lohkar)

Lohkar turned and marched in silence until they were well out of the Koro and a fair distance into the desert.

"They say the islands were swallowed by the sea," he said finally. "So many people...good people. People like us."

Few on Mata Nui had ever seen Lohkar in such a state of emotion. It betrayed the person Lohkar really was, deep down. He wasn't like the other rogues who sailed Mata Nui's seas; somewhere, beneath all the wildness, the swashbuckling, the deceitfulness, the unpredictability, lay the heart of someone who could have been a hero.

IC: [Treize]

The duo were let into the guard headquarters, were they weren't actually delivering anyone to. Although it was slightly brighter than the cargo hold of the slave ship, the inside of the building would probably be fine for the Mystix. Opening up the sack, Treize peeked inside.

"This okay for you?"

OOC: So, kicked out of the Infernavika, huh?

Lets have some fun.

IC: Floria - Eumirax

Her eyes snapped open as someone tried to pry open her hand for the several widgets. The drunkard who tried was then met with an invisible foot smashing into his stomach. The shouts that came were loud: But barely louder than the talk about Xa-Koro.

At first, the Toa of Air had been confused - and a bit mad- at the ditching that Lohkar had given. But now the confusion and anger was redirected, and the drunkenness she had been left with, disappeared.

What the #$%&??

Floria ran out of the tavern, and was instantly surrounded by the bustling of people, exactly the same way she was feeling, emotions swirling in a frenzy, going different directions, and she was stuck in the middle, not knowing where the swarm would take her, only knowing that one way or another, there would be a way to get through. Her past didn't work like that, though. Ever since she was little, Xa-Koro had been the only place that had accepted rascals like her, to always pick what she wanted to do, to be free.

But the price of Freedom was always high. And the Toa approaching her would give her the power to pay back the debt.....

And perhaps, just a little bit more. An approval. Not much...but enough to satisfy her and another.

---

As Lohkar and the crew began their trek towards the Infernavika, the unconscious Floria was brought the the gate on the opposite side of the village, her electric blue eyes now closed, and her emotions now entering the state of a calm......before the storm.

OOC: I challenge someone to find something else that you can't see here.

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC Vohkon

He fell and he fell, right into the center of the canyon. He tought he was dead when he hit the ground, but the opposite was true. He fell into a pool of water, he climbed out and drank. He then took some water with him climbed out of the canyon and followed the trail of his friend to the edge of ko-wahi there he saw some fresh trails heading to onu-wahi and decided to follow them in the hope to find his friends.

OOC:

Vohkon to onu-wahi

I'm back!

IC: Eumirax

Done.

Now for 06. Another specified test subject, Derictorius had wanted to see what happened when a Toa who was exclusively more mechanical, far more so than the average, would react to the power. Twisting around, he started his trek across the island towards Le-Koro.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013