Bzprpg - Po-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: [Ril]

"Seeing as this doesn't really concern me that much," said Ril with a yawn, the Toa of Fire pulling himself to his feet. "I'm just going to leave you all to your discussions while I go fulfil the boss' orders."

He looked to the port, his mask activating for a few seconds before he quickly disappeared, reappearing on the docks instead.

IC: Dehkaz

The door closed with a soft, but almost symbolic noise. His cabin was exactly how he left it, meticulously organized and kept spotless. Light filtered in from windows along the side, basking the room with a yellow glow. The Toa of Magnetism paused at the doorway for a moment, the suns' light painting his dark gunmetal and orange armor with a golden hue. He closed his eyes, calming his flaring emotions. Once he opened them, the violet orbs were cold and icy once again, the fires previously burning behind their depths frozen solid.

With a single breath, captain Dehkaz; Major in the Po-Koro Guard, former Bounty Hunter, former mercenary, and one-time Sanctum Guard Sargeant; made his way over to the single chair pushed up against the wall. He dropped into the simple piece of furniture heavily, as if the weight of his entire world had decided to come crashing down on his shoulders at that very moment. And it had. Never before had he felt so raw, so exposed, so vulnerable. No.

That was a lie, he had been before, he didn't want to think about that. It was the entire reason he had joined the Guard a second time, wasn't it? A fresh start. A new beginning, free of everything that had happened. Life didn't give second chances out like this, and only the fatally stupid didn't make the most of a second chance. Dehkaz had no desire to ever screw his up.

He rested his elbows on the desk before him, the ends of his gauntlets pushing aside various maps and papers spread across the polished surface. His face fell into his hands, his fingers running along his Kanohi's ridges. Karz. Dehkaz closed his eyes, wishing the world away, if only for a few seconds. He could see them now, their faces in his mind's eye. They lingered for only moments, fading back into memory. Why did it have to be pirates? Pirates.

The entire term was like a blow to the gut. A painful reminder of what had happened. He knew that these weren't the same pirates, but one couldn't simply forget. No mater how bad they wanted to. How badly he wanted to.

The Toa of Magnetism had few things to keep him going as of now, his iron will wearing away as time grew on. The Turaga, Le-Koro, Po-Koro, the whole Karz hole of an island. He wasn't expecting to be blindsided from this. Old wounds he thought healed and forgotten were ripped open without warning.

Dehkaz let out a breath that held more in it than just air, and slowly opened his eyes to the world around him.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Kuhrin

The desert winds created not only a mist-like breeze of sand, but a low humming like the sound of a didgeridoo being played at half its usual speed. Such unique weather was both bizarre and awe-inspiring, even to a servant of pure evil like Kuhrin. Although he didn't show it, he was blown away by the island's beauty everywhere he went. But to keep up his intimidating image, he tended to pretend not to notice or feel anything. He had, in fact, done this long before his turn to the darker side of life, even if he wouldn't admit it. A lot of his present qualities had been part of him for longer than he would admit.

There was no time for thoughts like that at a time like this. Echelon was never the only one pulling strings outside of his orders, and certainly not the only one in pursuit of power of his own. Kuhrin's interference in the business of others was more to make someone else suffer, to punish them, instead of to glorify himself (whether it was in the image of his true master or not). This, he assumed, was why the Dark Lord allowed him to continue his business instead of ending it on the spot: because traitors could not go unpunished.

This traitor could have gotten away with it in any other case. None of the other Followers of Makuta seemed to notice when he had deserted them, which made Kuhrin worry a little for their structure as a group. Perhaps they had assumed him to be Kuhrin's responsibility and not their own, perhaps they thought he had been sent away for some reason, but whatever the case, it wasn't how Kuhrin saw it. Deserting was traitorous, and traitors never go unpunished. Especially one with a history. Not just with betrayal, but a personal history.

Kuhrin and Krell's personal history, specifically.

The Toa of sonics knew roughly where to find them - if all had gone to plan, they should have left Onu-Wahi by now. A bit of sonar and patience would lead him to them, and he could finally introduce himself to whatever pretty little friends Krell had picked up along his trip. And, of course, her. Zuriana. Just the thought of her name flashed Kuhrin back to his days as a Matoran, when everything was so much simpler. Then as he got older, it just had a way of making itself more scarring and traumatic, more complicated and confusing, and worst of all, so full of mixed emotions. Kuhrin really hated those. It was exactly the kind of thing Noka used to induce in him.

Used to.

A knock at the door. Gotta hide the sword, gotta hide it, over here maybe, no no it's gotta look inconspicuous what do I do they're hammering at the door it could be him what if it's him oh mata nui no no ive gotta hide i cant deal with this im gonna break down-

No. Do what you do best, Noka. Act. Act like everything's okay, pretend there's nothing wrong with you. Put on a smile and laugh and be happy. Answer the door. It can't be him.

After a quick wipe of the blade, I place the sword in its place mounted on the wall like a decoration, and cross the hut to the door. Upon opening it, I smile kindly at the Matoran there who-

Is him. Karzahni. My heart skips a beat. What do I do.

"Hi, Kuhrin," I smile warmly and invitingly. Residents of Ta-Koro are used to the heat, but the sand is a different story. So, I invite him in and offer him tea. He doesn't want any. We goof around for a bit. It's the most fun I've had in so long. But he doesn't seem to feel the same way. He keeps stopping and staring into space sadly. Him being sad makes me feel sad, and we all know what happens when I feel sad. Bad things. "Are you alright?" I ask, my disgusting fake smile fading as he stops laughing and pushes me away when I try to tickle him.

"Fine, just... I dunno," he replies, looking into space. "I feel... Wrong."

I look at him expectantly, and when he doesn't respond, "Explain."

"I dunno, it's like I'm homesick, but I don't know why. I'm a member of the Guard, I should be used to being in other places. But I feel so out of place here, it's strange. I almost feel like I don't know you anymore."

Okay, that's bad. That's very bad.

"There's this line in my head. On the one side is the times we used to have, the fun conversations we used to have, messing around, like we are today. On the other is the conversations you keep pulling me away to have with you, about your problems and all the people who supposedly hate you and about- about the... Cutting."

The word sends a shiver up my spine, and he sees it. He's visibly distressed.

"I mean, what am I supposed to do? I try to get you to stop and you stubbornly refuse, saying you're fine. When I say you're fine, you say you aren't. I just don't understand you anymore. It's like you're just looking for my pity."

Now that's where I draw the line. Too far. "Looking for your pity?! You think I want this? You think I can help being like this? If I could change, for you, I would. I would have done it long ago. I would be anything you want me to be, if I could. But I'm stuck like this, a messed up psycho covered in scars and, and, and-"

He can't hold it in any longer. He gets to his feet and his voice is raised, not able to be contained in the tiny room. "Don't go on. Don't go on if all you're going to do is slander yourself. I wasn't take a stab at you, I was taking a stab at the sun, the sky, the very earth itself. I don't feel like I belong here, Ta-Koro, anywhere, this mortal plane just isn't my home. You're not the only person who's drifting away from me at the moment. I haven't spoken to Krell since the forest outside Ta-Koro was burnt to little more than petrified ash and charcoal. I miss the days when I could ride down winding slides into the heart of a volcano without a care in the world and do little more than farm lava, rather than fight a war I have no place in. I miss the days when I didn't have to worry. I miss the days when life was simple. When it wasn't so complicated. When I wasn't such a failure."

I'm calm. His volume isn't reflected in my quiet reply. "Life is complicated. Life is horrible, and harsh, and completely unfair. But every now and then something will happen that makes it all worthwhile: someone you love laughs; you see a proposal; you see a tiny baby, with its two parents, looking happier than ever; or you get someone who comes along, and makes everything okay. You're not a failure, at all. You're amazing. You're funny, and witty, and adorable, and insanely clever. I'm expecting things from you that I shouldn't, and that's my fault."

Ta-Koronans have never been renowned for their skill at holding in tears. Kuhrin's never been an exception. He begins to sob like a little child who's lost their mother. Perhaps that's the best thing to describe him. The last little boy left out in the cold to fend for himself. Perhaps that's what he feels, but he's too broken for the words to come.

If were to look to the shaded horizon now, he would see the little lonely hut in the middle of nowhere that she used to live in. He didn't look. He wanted to spare himself the pain of remembering the rest. Forcing the daydream back inside the vault at the back of his mind, he went on his way.

The winds were dying down now. It wouldn't be long before he found Krell and his band of merry men. It wouldn't be long before they had a nice little chat down memory lane and had a lovely old fight to the death. Great times were truly in store.

Three beings, not far from his location. A Matoran and two Toa. Only one other? That was a surprise and a half, to say the least. Naming Day had come early for Kuhrin. He fingered the handle of his blade. The sword itched to be removed from its prison, it itched to be the tool of vengeance and justice, and Kuhrin would gladly wield it, if only for the sheer joy of cold steel cutting through warm flesh.

Scaling a small hill of beige, the Toa of sonics looked over the landscape, and spotted his quarry. Perfect. Kuhrin switched off the sonar and decided to take the rest of the way through the heat with his impeccable senses to guide him. Not long now, he told himself, and the serrated snake hanging from his waist. Not long.

Within minutes of striding through wavy air and grainy yellow (which was a real sore on the eyes in such bright sunlight), Kuhrin could hear voices. Voices that weren't the ones constantly rabbling inside his head, at least.

"Come on, kid, wake up," said a stranger.

A pause, then, "Here, I'll handle this." Oh, I bet you will, Zuriana.

A splash, then some spluttering, then, "I saw you."

There he was. Krell the Traitor. Krell the Deserter. Krell the... Friend...? No, shut up, Kuhrin, and get to work.

Before Zuria could respond to Krell's shocking statement, the entire area the three of them were in shook and vibrated with a mighty boom! Sand was spiralled into the air, she felt like her head was being split open and it looked like the other two were having a similar (but not quite so severe) reaction. Whatever was making this sound was not natural.

Then the storm came to an end, and a figure stood above them, sword in hand. He was thin, clothed in dark colours like blood and glared into her with blazing eyes from behind a rusted black Hau. She knew the name, but she didn't know he belonged to it.

Kuhrin. The Fallen.

Krell's reckoning had come.

IC: Ferron

Before Ferron could muster a reaction to Krell's statement, his ears were assaulted by a conundrum of noises that felt like a blade of pain splitting his skull, kanohi and all

He staggered back as he desperately tried to cover his ears, his eyes blurred by the sand.

Slowly, the pain subsided, and Ferron could see again. It seemed like Krell and Zuriana had suffered the same unexplainable urge of pain as him.

But Ferron could see something more; a spindly, armed figure with eyes like fire burning through the eyeholes of the rusted Hau he was wielding... rusted like the rest of his armor.

"Wait... rusted armor" Ferron pondered as he threw a glance at Krell, as if to remind himself of what he'd just realized.

"Figures someone would have a score to settle with the kid" Ferron stated.

He turned to look back at the stranger, who he guessed was the cause of the noise from earlier.

"Listen, if you just lay down your weapon now, we won't have to hurt you, but if you as much as breathe in a way I don't like, things are going to get loud. And if you are what I think you are, you won't like that anymore than us"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Casterly Rock

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The loud rapping of an impatient Toa of Iron echoed throughout the empty house that was Casterly Rock. The knocking only continued to increase in loudness and number of times knocked. Eventually the sound reached one of the rooms in the house where the owner of the castle lay in bed. His bed was truly befitting of a king. Seemingly crafted from gold and large enough to fit twelve fully grown men on it, the bed seemed a bit ridiculous for one man to sleep on. That was the nature of Destro, though. Overindulgence and frivolous spending that would make most men jealous, that was Destro Malkai. Tucked away underneath the sheets, the Toa of Stone snoozed away, dreams of conquest and the burning of villages occupying his mind. It was the perfect world and he might’ve never woken up from this sleep if not for the incessant knocking on his front door. Cold blue eyes snapped open, alert and quickly scanning the room for any signs of intruders. When it was clear that he was not about to be assassinating, he quickly rose from his bed and grabbed the cup of water on his nightstand, gulping down its contents and then tossing it to the side.

He hurried down the long winding stairs that led to his front door. He had installed a spiral staircase in the house and he now regrets it, for it went on and on until he finally got to the bottom of the steps where his butler, the Matoran he had dispatched earlier to send out the letters stood there. The day started early for him, for he had to prepare the master’s meals and make sure all of his arrangements were met. A beleaguered expression was on his face as Destro came down the stairs. Destro did not care if he was tired or if he had just waken up. So had he. “Who is it?” He snarled. Depending on whoever it was at the door, he was going to either decapitate them or toss them off the cliff’s end. The man had a fickle temper and he did not like being disturbed.

“It is Miss Aria, I believe, the assassin you invited to dinner.” He told the Laird calmly.

Destro’s eyes widened as he reached the bottom of the stairs and heard the voice of a girl, a woman outside. “Well it’s not dinner. It’s breakfast.” He replied angrily. The butler simply nodded, pretending to agree with his master on this matter. Destro then started to pace as he did when irritated. The assassin was part of his plans, but she had arrived much earlier then he had anticipated. His messages did not include a date, for he figured that everyone ought to arrive at the same predicted time due to the amount of distance. Then he remembered the assassin’s abilities. Oh yes, a mask of quick travel, he thought to himself. That was why you wanted her in the first place. Her ability to teleport is useful for sabotage. Calming himself, he got her nerves under control slowly and then he started to get himself composed, walking slowly towards the front door. It opened and there she stood, quite lovely he might add. The legends of her skill had not told him of her appearance. For a second, Destro’s hungry eyes wavered over her, considering how easy it might be to make her his. Like everything on this island soon would be. Then he smiled warmly and reminded himself. Best not mix business with pleasure.

“Ah, Miss Aria, I presume. You are a bit earlier, but it doesn’t matter. Come in, make yourself comfortable.” He told her, beckoning her forward. “It is there that we will discuss my job for you and the price…”

character_37075_f.jpg

IC: Aria

Aria saw the look. The look that most of her male employers...and, admittedly, some of her female employers...gave her. That look that so often led to distraction, which in turn led to death. Those that spoke of her said her best weapon was her power, or her mask, but in truth it was her body, her ability to bring men to their knees with just a single look.

On that note, this one had a great deal of restraint. He looked her over, then smiled politely and led her inside. Ignoring her surroundings, she got straight to business.

"Of course, my fee. My base fee is 5,000 widgets, success or not, add to that another 5,000 when the job is done. And of course, there are varying degrees of danger. The higher the chances of failure, the more I charge when I'm finished. And then there's the target, of course. A simple Matoran, that's cheap, but more important figures are a different matter altogether. People notice when important figures suddenly die, or go missing, since I rarely leave a body. It's not an easy thing to explain away. I'll need an alibi, preferrably one without any holes, and evidence that proves I was not the one doing the killing. By the way, unusual species are extra. Oh, and one more thing. Your bat broke my window. I expect it will be fixed. Free of charge." she smiled. "You sure you can afford me, big boy?" she said, sipping from a cup the Matoran butler had brought for her.

Edited by Ace of Skulls

OOC: And another part of a troubled past for those interested. Didn't get the time to get to a (worthy) Krell post tonight.

still working on that puroruk post, EW, imma getting that done.

dun worry <3

IC: Dehkaz

Are you insane?”

He had been hearing that a lot lately. And it wasn't getting any less annoying. He merely gave the being seated across from him a cold, unamused stare. The chair was rough, and stuck into his back, as if made of chiseled stone rather than wood. His muscular arms were folded across his chest, unwilling to set them on the table, which hadn't been cleaned in ages, before him. The bar was quiet, the few beings within the establishment conversing in low voices, eyes glazed over and focused on the drinks before them. The Toa of Magnetism hadn't touched his. The glasses were cloudier than the drinks they held. An oppressive atmosphere of grim reality and crushing defeat floated out from the down-on-their-luck beings that occupied the dreary place. The smoking lighting from the The alcohol here was terrible, and the service even worse, but he came here often. It was one of the few places he could go without half the village's guard forces busting down the door immediately.

Unfazed by his lack of reply, or movement, for that matter, the bronze-armored Skakdi continued, with considerably more energy than the rest of the bar's occupant's combined. His permanent grin was morphed into a intent expression, his jaw moving in rhythmic motions as he chewed a root of some type while speaking quietly. The level of his voice still held within it the urgency that his expression conveyed. “Ya know what 'ill happen if the' sudden'y decide tha' u're better off on the otha' side,” The Skadki insisted, his drink sloshing around in his glass as he spoke.

Karzit, list'n to me!” The Skakdi continued, voice still quiet, but with a much more intense tone. The gunmetal-armored Toa stiffened slightly.

I know what I am doing, and I am not going to deny a chance such as this,” he replied finally, speaking carefully to the Skakdi. The burly, bronze-armored being gave him a weary look, leaning back into the wooden chair that creaked under his bulk. He spit the mashed root out with impressive accuracy into a bowl placed on the table. The area range with the sound. The Skakdi drew a breath.

Watch yourself,” the Skakdi said finally, standing up from the table, scarred hand placing a fistfull of widgets on the tabletop, despite not having really touched his drink. With that, he turned, sliding a serrated sword into its scabbard strapped to his thigh, and ambled out of the bar without a backward glance.

Dehkaz let out a breath, staring at the glass positioned in front of him. He would have to get the Fowadi underway soon. Onewa captured by pirates wasn't something that he believe the guard would wait long for.

Was this really a good idea?

Yes.

Dehkaz removed his hands from his face, slowly looking up from his desk.

Pirates.

Why did it have to be pirates?

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Lohkar)

Lohkar grinned.

"I may live ta regret this," he said, "but count me in, love. If there's goin' ta be a hunt for the Piraka who destroyed the Kumus, I need ta be part of it. People died there, good people."

There was a surprising hint of earnestness in the Lesterin's voice.

"Better people than me."

Lohkar clapped his hands, back to his full roguish demeanour.

"An' how can I refuse a good bit of adventure, eh?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: (Valria)

IC: LoJak

The Toa of Fire noticed one member of the group, the female Toa named Valria, seemingly lost in thought as they all headed towards the mountains in search of the pass to Ko-Wahi. He wondered if perhaps she, like himself, had joined this group after deciding to become a better person.

It seemed so. LoJak saw the scarring on her mask, a sick feeling filling his stomach at the sight.

I guess some of us bear the burdens of our past more heavily than others.

She was quite beautiful otherwise, the grey cloak she was wearing doing little to hide her thin body. Her eyes though, they were... magnificent. Like glinting emeralds, they were accentuated by the dark black and purple armor she wore.

Still, her eyes had a look to them that LoJak couldn't read. Perhaps they spoke of sadness, or maybe determination?

LoJak moved over next to Valria, matching her pace.

"Is everything all right?" he asked.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Mimira - Infernavika -

Mimira had tried her best to be patient, but she couldn't wait any longer, she wanted to ask now. "Hey Miss Naona!" she hollered from the pirate ship. "Do you know what my brother has been up to? Or where he is?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

My eyes shifted to the Toa in black armor, LoJak, the new guy. He was very pleasant and to be honest like the rest of the group seemed to be good company. More than that, I knew that in this group I would be around people I cared about, I trusted. When he approached me, his voice colored with concern.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yes, I am well, my friend. Are you?" I replied in a friendly tone. Concern, that was something I got a lot, something that became downright frustrating for me back with Agni and that group. I was for all intents, their damsel in distress and it really made me feel like I was just deadweight they were dragging along. I didn't want to be that Toa in this group. I was still reeling from even the slightest memories of my time under Telric and the tragedy that preceded that. I could smile, but my eyes that had seen, they had the searing imprint of all those terrible days. Worst of all I remembered what I lost and what I got as satisfaction.

It's not something I could really talk to anyone here about, because the amazing noble souls they seemed to be, they wouldn't understand why I had gone so far, even for revenge what I did was extreme. Toa, Toa were better than that, but I apparently wasn't. I looked over at him to get a good look, he had black armor. Similar to the shade of the sparse armor I wore over my purple skin.

"Ko-Wahi...I wish I had something warm to wear for that place." I spoke aloud, mainly to myself, but it was likely loud enough for LoJak and the rest of the group to hear.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC (Kaiapo)

The sun had barely begun its downward descent when the group found themselves in the foothills of Mount Ihu. The path they walked wound up through the hills, leading to the cold heights of Ko-Wahi and Ko-Koro.

Kaiapo looked back at the team he had gathered thus far. Sur, Valria, Quada, and now LoJak. Despite what many people thought, there really wasn't a shortage of "good" Toa on the island. The Toa of Earth had heard countless hopeless comments over the years how Mata Nui was degenerating into an island of criminals and villains. But the problem was, he realized, that so many Toa didn't know how to properly apply their skills and powers to do the good they wanted to do.

Maybe if people took action instead of simply living their lives, they would see greater results. One didn't make change by merely hoping for it. He hoped that this would be the opportunity the Toa behind him needed to realize how easy it could be to benefit the island.

The black-armoured Toa smiled to himself, then turned back to the path, and began to lead the team up to their icy destination.

OOC Kaiapo to Ko-Wahi.

IC: [Quada]

It was funny how things turned out for the rookie Toa - mere hours before he had been sitting around in Ga-koro, making no real effort to do anything of importance, but now, he was travelling through regions he had not been to for a long, long time, or at least, never, and would soon be actually doing his duty as a Toa and help with the restoration of Ko-koro.

He liked it that way; it made him happy when he helped others.

Although ...

"I should have brought some warmer armour," he said cheerfully as he trekked up after his companions.

OOC: Quada to Ko-wahi.

IC: Gunner - Infernavika

"I'd have to agree with you there, Tellus," I said, walking up next to the Toa of Plantlife, "The Po-Koro Guard aren't exactly lacking when it comes to criminals like this, trust me. These guys don't stand a chance."

A wry smile found its way onto my face, "And then, of course, there's the captain to deal with..."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Tellus

"Aye." He paused for a moment, thinking. "Is it just me, or is the Cap'n actin' a bit.... different lately? Since Xa-Koro? I mean, it's probably not a bad thing, but...." He trailed off, not knowing exactly what to say, or what to think.

Like he'd said, Tellus figured that the difference (which was, he acknowledged, barely noticeable) was probably nothing- the Cap'n grieving, maybe? Maybe Gunner would know.

I shrugged, trying to appear casual, "Xa-Koro, that was tough for him, I think. I mean, losing your home, that's not something that just goes away. It lives with you, forever."

I let my hands sink into my pockets as I continued, "He's got some emotions he's gotta deal with, and how he's gonna do that...who knows? All we can do is hope for the best possible outcome."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

After leaving the Fowadi, Ril had instantly made a beeline to Hewkii's hut - he wanted to get his job over and done with without too much fuss, and talking to the leader of the guards in the village would provide him with information on how the Turaga died, what possibilities there were for his death, and really, everything to do with Onewa's death and who killed him, because all six of their elders dying at the same time could not be a coincidence.

"Uh, Hewkii sir?" said the guardsman, knocking on the door. "I need to speak with you."

The Toa of Fire waited for an answer.

IC: [Casterly Rock – Destro]

Destro simply nodded, listening to Aria and her price. He truly wasn’t listening, no his mind started to wander off, back to his dreams of conquest and destruction. When she finished her little rapport, his eyes flickered back over to the beautiful assassin. He caught her last sentence and in response, he laughed. It was a deep and resounding laugh, echoing through the mostly empty manor. Once he was finished with his magnificent evil laugh (which he practiced often in his spare time), Destro simply grinned at her, “That was funny,” He stated. “I do love a woman with a sense of humor. Follow me.” He told her, more like commanded since when he looked into her eyes, he made it very clear that she should probably do what he asked. It would be beneficial to both of them.

Aria reluctantly followed after Destro and after a few turns, they entered another room. This one was entirely empty. There were no beds, materials, or anything of importance. Besides the giant metal vault that was built into the wall. He gestured towards it and says, “This vault cost me a fortune. Within it contains my personal assets. Normally I don’t show it off, but since you seem to be in question of my wealth… I’ll let you take a peek.” Blocking the view of the combination lock, Destro quickly inputs the code in. He then opened the vault, swinging it loosely to the side. Destro then took a step in and waited for Aria to enter.

When she did, she was hit by a majestic sight. Any thought of widgets vanished when she saw the contents of the vault. Gold seemed to outline every inch of the wall and the cold marble floor was no longer visible. Beautiful hills of golden coin had formed, looking like skyscrapers to the assassin. Amongst the gold were diamonds, rubies, and numerous priceless gems. Seeing that he now had her full attention, Destro’s grin grew broader. He loved to show off. “All of this can be yours… as long as you agree to work for me until my plans for you are complete.”

character_37075_f.jpg

“Ah, yes the job.” Destro said, seemingly having forgotten about it. He led Aria out of the vault and the assassin seemed reluctant to leave the gold. It appeared right now that gold was the only way to win her heart. The two Toa entered another room (the place never seeming to run out of them) and Destro sat down on a couch made out of red leather. He allowed Aria to take a seat as well and then he beckoned towards the Matoran butler who brought the two of them two glasses of red wine that were placed on the table in front of them. “I need an old enemy killed. If I’m impressed, you’ll keep getting jobs and keep getting paid. If I’m not impressed, then you will most likely be dead. Understood?”

character_37075_f.jpg

IC: (Hari)

"Thank you Captain." Hari replied, with a slight nod of respect. He might have been a criminal, scratch that, he was a criminal, but in these dark times your allies were scarce, the Po-Koro Guard, and the island for that matter needed all the help it could get. Hari didn't exactly like the idea of twiddling her fingers back in Po-Koro. The light green Toa, with yellow armor sighed, she knew it would be giving the people a sense of security. Security that had been shattered with the assassinations of the Turaga. Security that had been shattered with the Kumu Islets sinking into the sea. They were beset by enemies on all sides and so far there was nothing the people could really believe in.

That's why Hari wasn't sure that she wanted to go back to Po-Koro. Those who dealt the blow to the Kumu Islets, those who attacked Le-Koro. They were still out there and her she was, not doing anything but make those among her feel better. She wasn't doing enough...but even if she chased off those ships, she would still leave people behind. Her friends, Rynekk, Naona, everyone in the Po-Koro Guard. They needed to remain united, they needed to be there. Was it glamorous? Hardly. Sometimes though you couldn't take the road you wanted, but rather the road you knew you had to take. So Hari bit down her question and turned to Krayn and the rest of the group.

"So where do we go from here?" She asked.

IC:

"Something to wear? Why would you need warm clothing when you have a Toa of Fire by your side?" LoJak replied.

He and the other Toa had already made it to the mountainous, northern region of Po-Wahi. In a few more minutes they would cross the border into Ko-Wahi, the cold region of the Island. Although Ta-Toa and Matoran had no liking for the frigid weather associated with Ko-Wahi, Ta-Toa were nearly as well suited to deal with it as its native villagers. They could use their abilities to make a fire and stay warm, even on the coldest of nights.

Kaiapo and Quada were ahead of the pack, LoJak just being able to make out their figures in the distance. They seemed to be surrounded by white, obviously the snow covered mountains. Wind blew into LoJak's and the other's faces, biting at their skin. They all shuddered. The wind was a harbinger of what was to come, an example of the mildest weather conditions they would have to face. And it was freezing.

LoJak moved his hand towards Valria. She recoiled for a moment, surprised.

"It's fine" he said reassuringly.

He advanced again, and this time Valria stood her ground. LoJak placed his hand on her shoulder and accessed the abilities granted to him as a Toa. Summoning warmth found deep within himself, he had the heat flow quickly through his arm and into the purple Toa standing beside him. It would keep her nice and toasty for the next little while.

"When it wears off, just tell me." LoJak said smiling.

A few moments later LoJak found himself staring into Valria's exquisite green eyes.

"We'd better hurry" he said quickly, and continued following Kaiapo on the mountain path.

ooc: LoJak to Ko.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Aria

Aria was getting impatient. This Destro was straying from the point far to easily, and she had had enough. Taking the glass the Matoran butler had handed her, she smashed it on the ground, spreading wine and glass across the floor.

"Okay, enough of this "I'm a mysterious rich guy" crock. I came here to do a job, and you still have yet to tell me what I'm doing. All I want is a target, and I can take care of the rest." she demanded. "Otherwise I'm leaving. And trust me, you won't find anybody this good again." she added.

Those first few minutes were absolutely horrid and when LoJak went to place his hand I flinched initially, if only because he hadn't told me what he was doing. When I finally let our newest ally get closer I felt an arm on my shoulder and a warmth spreading throughout my very being. I felt warm, comfortable, reassured. I smiled slightly and I noticed that he had spent quite a few minutes looking into my eyes, before moving up the mountain path. As he turned away, I could feel my lavender Huna getting a little more hot around the cheeks.

"Uh...thanks!" I managed to spit out, and then tried to brush off what I was feeling. It was hardly the time or the place for that. Soon we would have to brave the blizzards of Ko-Wahi and I needed to focus and not get distracted. Maybe I could start training in Ko-Wahi, I sorely needed to relearn everything I had previously lost during those awful years with Telric. Now I had a purpose, to help Ko-Koro and then help the other villages as well. It would be where we started. A good place considering all that I heard had happened there.

OOC: Valria to Ko-Wahi.

The noise of the breaking glass was loud enough that the butler sprang into motion and ran into the room. “Master!” He shouted out but his cries were stifled when Destro simply raised a hand and coolly drank from his glass. He eyed the red stain on his carpet with annoyance like he did with most dirty things.

“Save your cries for something more important. Now will you clean that up?” He commanded and the Matoran simply nodded, pulling out his rag from his pocket. He quickly got on his knees and started to wipe up the mess that the assassin had made. Destro’s eyes then went over to the assassin and he stared at her, not moving a single muscle, but making it clear on what he wanted to do. Yes, he was indeed paying her, but she was also trying his patience. The laird had learned the value of waiting though and with one deep breath, he managed to control himself. An unsettling smile then formed on his face, mainly because it was mostly forced.

“Oh, to the contraire. You see, the true reason why the murder business is fading is because the competition has only increased. With this island suddenly becoming a beacon for people of all breeds, there are now more assassins on this island then you can count. Finding someone to replace you wouldn’t exactly be hard or tiring.” He told her, stroking his magnificent chin as he did so. “But with my current time constraints, I do need you. You see, I’m afraid that if I don’t act now the person I want you to find will manage to disappear again. He’s a very hard man to find and I finally tracked him down. He’s currently located in Ta-Koro and he goes by the name of Zeno. Toa of Sonics, a nasty sort, murdered an entire criminal organization singlehandedly I heard. We’ve crossed several times, but I’d prefer to stay out of his path which is why I’m having you do it.”

Destro tapped his fingers on the table and then he reaches in his pocket to pull out an envelope handing it to Aria. “This note contains an address detailing his current location. It’s a warehouse, on the shady side of town as he prefers it. There is also a second address on it. Another warehouse, not far from the one in which Zeno currently lives. Within it is a Toa of Fire named Ira who has attracted my attention. He is not to be killed, only brought back to this manor. Is that understood?”

character_37075_f.jpg

IC: Hewkii

The Matoran Kolhii champion looked up to see the Toa of Fire address him. The Po-Matoran gave the visitor his undivided attention.

"Yes? I'm listening," Hewkii said.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

My smile grows a little less painful, and a light chuckle escapes my lips, "Perhaps, Tellus, perhaps..."

Revenge. What a horrid, yet common goal to exist. Either terrible or wonderful, depending on your point of view. The subject has always troubled me, if only because I've seen so much of it in my life. My brother fed on it, drank it in, lived on it, and it drove him into the very depths of depravity to achieve it.

I'd say it destroyed him, but there simply wasn't enough humanity in him to destroy.

Shaking these morbid thoughts from my head, I look back at Tellus, "Tellus, what are your thoughts on allying ourselves with the Guard? Truthfully, do you think it's a good choice?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Tellus

Tellus paused for a moment, staring across at the other ship. "I think it'll work out, at least fer the time bein'," he said. "After all, we want ta avenge our 'ome, and they want ta remove a threat much larger than us. There'll probably be a problem or two, but we'll put up with 'em."

He smiled grimly. "O' course, things'll get interestin' after we fight whoever destroyed Xa-Koro, assumin' we don't die and win, or find them at all. The 'Vika is a pretty temptin' target, and it may be that the Guard'll decide to try and bring justice to us ruthless pirates." He chuckled, smiling. "But o' course, we won't 'ave ta worry about that for a while. For now, it should be smooth sailin'."

IC: Hewkii

The Matoran Kolhii champion looked up to see the Toa of Fire address him. The Po-Matoran gave the visitor his undivided attention.

"Yes? I'm listening," Hewkii said.

"You see," began the guardsman, "I'm a member of ILF, and the boss told me to come over here and investigate the scene of Onewa's death, just to see how he died and who possibly could have killed him or something like that."

Ril paused for a moment.

"All six of the Turaga dying cannot be a coincidence, and we're going to find out who did it."

IC: Hewkii – Hewkii’s Hut

“Of course not,” Hewkii said, “It was a coordinated attack, a low, dark move most likely by the Makuta himself”

Hewkii rose from his stone chair and paced about his room that lay adorned with copper masks, medals, old Kolhii balls, and a Macku plushie. In just a couple of days, Hewkii would be relocated to Onewa’s grand hut, where he would officially serve as the leader for the distant future.

“I want justice just as badly as you do… but in the Turaga’s case,” Hewkii said, exasperated by the news he was about to share, “I’m not sure there is justice to be had”

Hewkii stopped before the Toa and began to elaborate, “As you probably know, all of the Turaga were cursed with having the lesser spawns of the Makuta, called Parakuka, attached to their spines, slowly draining their life force while sometimes granting them great strength, dexterity, and speed. Onewa’s body was taking to the medical facility for an autopsy, and I just received the reports: no wounds of any kind”

Hewkii’s visage grew dark, “I have the feeling that the Parakuka is the one who killed our Turaga… by draining his life energy and then seeking a new host, which he sadly did… an unfortunate Ta-Matoran guard now bears the slug on his back”

The truth still hurt Hewkii, and he fought to keep his calm composure. “However…”

Ril’s eared perked up, and Hewkii continued.

“We did find a knife that looked like it may have been held by the Turaga before he died. I know for a fact he owned no knives... there were assassins sent to kill him; they were just late on the draw. While they technically didn’t commit the murder, there is no doubt that they are connected to the other murders,” Hewkii said, a dense, rocky slab of conviction forming within him, “If we can find them, we have the authority to keep them, and force them to reveal the others who were involved in this plot. The only problem is that our trail has run dry. The assassins escaped the village before we were able to see it. Combine that with the fact that we have no record of their features… we have absolutely no leads”

Hewkii sighed at this predicament, “That’s pretty much where we’re at right now. Knife-wielding assassins… bless the Spirit for giving us such a narrow list of suspects.”

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]