Bzprpg - Po-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC (Lohkar)

Lohkar had found out a great deal already. If you wanted to know what was really going on on Mata Nui, you went to the bars. If you wanted to meet the island's really interesting people, you went to the bars. In short, Lohkar knew Mata Nui's best-kept secret - that having a ridiculous alcohol tolerance was a wonderful thing.

Speaking of which, Floria would probably now be finding herself feeling a little sleepy. The collection of empty bottles on the counter was steadily growing...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Kughii

Hot sands, Cool beaches, and a huge mountain. Not Xia, but after thirty years the island had grown on me. The consistent weather of each region was probably the reason. I never had to carry an umbrella in Po-koro. Okay, well, I did once when a toa of water went off her rocker. Ga-wahi was always tropical. Onu-wahi had the lingering must and dust which lasted for days after leaving its caves, almost as if I were back on guard duty at the lab. Ta-koro was really the place to go for innovation, all its citizens bustling around and tinkering with devices from all across the island. Most of the washed up vortixx moved there, and I don't blame them. Our of all the villages Ta-koro feels closest to home, which is exactly why I stay away. Xia never really was much more than a bad memory. My life filled with drudgery. Here I could do whatever I wanted and go wherever I pleased -- there wouldn't be anyone to stop me. If I wanted snow, there was always Mt. Ihu, made only more pleasurable by the fact it wasn't trying to eat me.

He paused, pencil stalled on the page, shoulder rolling away the stiffness of his posture. Chocolate eyes scanned across the hastily written words, a look of dismay beginning to make its mark. "Too cheeky," the vortixx pronounced, crumbling up yet another sheet and with a mighty chuck lobbed it over the edge, his gaze watching the failed attempt sail towards the sand dunes below, sunlight glinting off the papyrus crumple until the shadows of the ravine swallowed it whole.

OOC: Kughii open for interaction..

WOAH. That felt really weird to say...

IC: Gunner - Infernavika - Talking with Verak and Tellus

"No, he probably won't be pleased at the fact that you managed to let a little girl sneak past you," I snarled, glaring at the two Toa in front of me, my hands curling into fists.

Many unsavoury thoughts flooded my head, mainly centring around the various assortments of poundings I seriously wanted to apply to Tellus and Verak right now, but I forced them down. The rational part of my brain told me that they wanted to find Mimira, and make sure she wasn't hurt, even if their motives for doing so were mainly out of self-preservation. I wouldn't kill them today.

Sweeping up my coat, I slipped it back on over my armour, my eyes not leaving my comrades, "I agree, you guys should probably find her. Good luck."

-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Tellus

Tellus didn't react well to being growled at by someone who had no right to accuse him. Gunner, after all, had been tasked with keeping an eye on Mimira as well.

"I'd advise ye, mate, ta take a moment ta think before accusin' someone of somethin' yer guilty of as well. Tell me, what were ye doin' when she snuck off, huh? Drinkin'? Sleepin'?"

IC-Verak:

"Gunner, you do realize how much of a hypocrite you look like now, don't you?" Verak asked, seeming concerned for the Toa of Air's mental health. "Getting mad at and insulting us, when we were doing honest work on the ship while you slept, and all."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Gunner - Infernavika - Talking to Verak and Tellus

I opened my mouth to throw an insult or a witty one-liner back at them, but found that my heart just wasn't in it. As much as I hated to admit it, they had a point. Lasi had tasked all of us with watching the kid. Which meant, unfortunately, that a third of blame was still on my shoulders.

"Fine, fine, I'm..." I wanted to apologize, but the words couldn't form quite right in my mouth. Now that I thought about it, it was a tad concerning how much trouble I had saying "I'm sorry". Maybe Grochi was right, and there was something wrong with me.

Mata Nui, why did everyone around here have to be right all the time?!

"... I'm going to go look for the kid," I finished, already heading to the edge of the deck, "You guys can come with if you want."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Gunner - Infernavika - Talking to Verak and Tellus

I nodded curtly, a little relieved that Tellus didn't still want to tear me apart, "Well then, let's go, before she gets into too much trouble."

Without another word of reply, I leaped over the railing of the ship, using a well-timed activation of my Miru to slow my descent onto solid land, already heading in the direction of Po-Koro.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Tellus

Tellus followed suit, using his Miru the same way Gunner had used his. As he leapt over the side, he couldn't help but think that he wouldn't have thought of using the mask in that way. As if it could be used for much else.

After pausing to make sure his hat was still firmly in place, the Toa of the Green took off after the other Toa. "So," he called, still catching up, "where do ye think she went?"

OOC: Kughii, interaction for you...

IC:

Po-Wahi.

Hot. Desert. Mountains.

Three words summed up the region of Stone well. Those visiting would mainly remember the heat from the suns, their brilliant light beating down all how lived there. Even the rocks themselves seemed to retreat from the heat. The people here were hard, and normally had enough sense to stay indoors during the afternoon hours. Even the strong Po-Matoran that lived here weren't entirely immune to the harsh conditions.

Because of this, seeing a being out in the desert was strange. The heated air made its form shimmer, as if an illusion, while the being seemed to glide over the sand as if on a cushion of air. Weighless, almost, as if it wasn't quite part of this world. Not somewhere else, just off. A thick cloak covered the being's form, the black fabric making it impossible to tell the figure's species, let alone gender. The form didn't move fast, but it didn't move slow. Instead, choosing a pace that was not rushed, and almost casual. The heat from the suns, as well as the thick cloak, should have made any person passs out from the sheer heat, but the being moved without discomfort. To anyone watching, it would seem like the figure was enjoying a walk along one of the beaches of Ga-Wahi, not under the blistering heat of the Po-Wahi suns.

Eventually, the figure came to a stop on his trip, the low hood that covered its face completely shifting slight, as if the being wearing it were glancing around. Without warning, the figure started again, his pace remaining unchanging as he continued on through the desert.

"It is always the beginning that prevents me from starting," came a voice behind Kughii. A voice that not male or female, deep or high, caring or impassive. Both wise sage and happy youth. The sheer normal tone would unnerve most beings. It was a voice that would be forgotten easily, but one who's words stayed in the mind for years to come. If the Vortixx turned, he would find the cloaked being standing there, as if it had been there for hours. Watching. The hood was pulled even lower over the invisiable face, and the only indication of anything actually alive was the steady rise and fall of cloak itself.

Even mysterious beings had to breath, it seemed.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Mimira - Bazaar -
"Sweet!" Mimira chirped. Mimira went up to Lasinia and gave her a quick hug. "So um, what are we suppose to be doing again? Piratety stuff right?" Mimira hadn't really been paying attention up to this point.
Edited by Snelly Bieber

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Corex

Corex felt a pang of nostalgia at the mention of "piratey." He had never found out what happened to that strange Vortixx or his ship. Not to mention that he had lost Aurel and the others back during that attack on Ko-Koro.

"Piratey things, eh?" Corex couldn't help but interject, "y'know, if blacksmithing is my life's passion, piracy has to be my fallback career. Now, with that, I may be able to offer you some assistance."

With a chuckle, he added, "and I won't try to sell you anything anymore, I promise you that."

67tlbk.png

IC: Voutok Somewhere in the Motara Desert... A lone De-Matoran stumbleded through the windy dunes, clearly lost and just heading in one direction aimlessly. His grunting, moaning, and occasional pressing of his hand against the contraption covering his ears served as a clear indicator that he was both nearing starvation and getting sick of how "noisy" the shifting of his feet in the sand and the wind blowing by his ears was. The De-Matoran eventually tripped on a big rock that sat in the sand. He caught himself with his hands then pushed himself back to his feet. He drew one of his two bladed Kanoka discs and used it as a makeshift cane to keep his balance. For several minutes the wandering continued, until he noticed something in the distance, something too good for him to believe it was real: some kind of walled city made entirely out of desert stone. The gate looked about a mile away. The De-Matoran, partially out of mere instinct, began a sort of "stumbling-sprint" towards the structure. However when he reached about half a mile away, his vision began to blur and what was left of his energy slowly deteriorated. A miniature sandstorm began to pick up around him, blurring his vision further and irritating his hearing more than before, until finally, after what felt to him like hours of forcing his way onward... ...he passed out and landed face-first in the sand. [OOC: The city being Po-Koro, just felt like I should clarify that just in case.]

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

OOC: Here you go, Voutok:

IC(Gahree and NPC Po-Matoran guide)

(Po-Wahi, Motari Desert)

Gahree wipes a bead of sweat from his forehead with a small, white rag. The rag was soaked, having been placed to forehead plenty of times and because of it's place in the Matoran of water's chest pocket. Gahree was trying not to succumb to the heat, but he wasn't acustom to such hot temperatures. The Matoran had spent the past five years or so in Ko-Koro. The deserts of Po-Wahi were the exact opposite of Ko-Wahi's tundras and deserts of snow.

But, the reason he was out here was important: landscaping. His business was growing bigger by the day and he needed to make a new warehouse out in Po-Wahi. And, the best place seemed to be the deserts of Po-Wahi. His workers could refiine the sand into crystals and make their sculptures from the mass amount of sand. If Gahree could find a good place to build a factory, then he would be ahead of his competitor by a landslide.

"This spot here is a real beauty, Mister Gahree."

The Po-Matoran guide was serving Gahree's purposes. He was showing him great spots to make a factory, but every spot seemed to prove to have some difficulty to it.

"A beauty?" the Po-Matoran huffs, a small grin on his face. "Billions of grains of sand paints a beautiful sight for you?"

"Yes, sir, MIster Gahree, sir!"

The Ga-Matoran shakes his head, a small chuckle escaping his lungs. The Matoran reaches for his canteen of water and takes another, long sip. The jug was already almost empty, but they had plenty of other canteens inside their Ussul cart.

"Mister Gahree!" cries out the guide. The Matoran of water leans forward and looks at what the excited guide was pointing at.

"Come on, is sand really that-" But, Gahree soon stopped short. His guide was pointing at something alright, but it wasn't sand.

It was a dead De-Matoran.

"Dear, Mata-Nui," swears Gahree, silently. He jumps out of the Ussul cart and runs toward the Matoran. Skidding to a halt in the sand (and hurting his knees in the process). Gahree turns the Matoran over and looks at his face and body. The De-Matoran was still breathing, but by the looks of his tan skin and body, he would say that the Matoran had been wandering the sands for some time.

Quickly, the Matoran of water splashes some water from his canteen in the Matoran's face while yelling,"Hey, wake up!"

-Mef Man

IC: VoutokThe De-Matoran's eyes twitched as the first splash of water made contact with his face through the eyes of his mask. In his subconscious, his mind shifted to a distorted image. He heard the sounds of panicked movement simultaneously with a girl's giggle. In his mind shifted between seeing a searing hot desert to a shady grassland. A flickering image of some kind of matoran-sized female materialized and even spoke. "Let's go, sleepy head!" she said, reaching to tug on the De-Matoran's arm. However, as soon as she made contact the vision of the grassland immediately flashed to a dark burning plains from within a trench. The girl's voice seemed to make two voices at once, the same giggly voice from before and a deeper, masculine, frightened one. Both voices said the same thing at once in their own style: "We gotta go!(!!) They're over there!".The De-Matoran blinked in his dream, and when he opened his eyes it was the peaceful grasslands again, with the girl from before with a smirk on her face as the De-Matoran's eyes began to fall again. "Now don't be going back to sleep again!". Then the De-Matoran felt a strange sensation. His eyes seemed to close and open slowly at the same time as a blast of cold seemed to spread across his face. The girl spoke, however this time again with two voices, the second one being a concerned male of some sorts. "Hey, wake up!"The word "up" seemed to echo around him as he jolted awake, gasping for breath and feeling his face being covered in water (or perhaps sweat? There was no way for him to tell). He looked up to see a peculiar matoran of water staring at him, with a Po-Matoran standing nearby. Out of pure instinct the De-Matoran rolled to the right and to his feet, whipping out one of his bladed Kanoka disks."Who are you and what do you want with me?" he said frantically, "You a slaver?! Soldier?! Marauder?! What?!" He had a brief double-take after saying that, wondering what he was even talking about for a moment before shaking himself back into focus.Better safe than sorry, if you ask me... he thought to himself as he awaited the matoran's reply.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

IC: Gunner - Outside Cave System - Tracking Mimira

I bent down, giving the ground a swift check, before rising back up to my full-height, "Mim's still a little kid, and little kids usually stick with people they know. I'd bet a fortune I'll never have that's she's in Po-Koro, right now."

Let's just hope she found the others, I thought sadly.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: I also wanted to point out that people on the island can't have memories of their lives before the island (not saying your character is having these, though).

(Po-Wahi, Motari Desert; talking to Voutok)

The guide soon had a small blade out; ready to fight. But, Gahree motions for the Matoran to stand down. The Ga-Matoran rises to a standing position, holding his hands out in front of him. As the guide mimicks the movement (sheathing his weapon), Gahree says,"It's okay, don't be afraid. You were passed out in the sand...or maybe you weren't," the Matoran adds as he looks over the being standing in front of him. The De-Matoran was now standing up, but he still appeared a bit tired. Maybe he was in the first stages of heat stroke...

"Come on, get in my cart and we'll take you back to Po-Koro. I also have cool water in the cart. You better take some before you come down with heat stroke."

-Mef Man

[OOC: Yeah, he's not going to ever have complete recollection of these things aside from a bunch of allusions to the full backstory his character derives from that basically only I will get =P]IC: Voutok--in Motara Desert--talking to GahreePo...Koro? the De-Matoran thought to himself. Must be that stone city I saw...hm...it seems this fellow assumes I'm a resident from there...maybe. And what was that? Something about a heat stroke? Huh. Guess I didn't think it was that bad...perhaps I should take him up on his offer. Seems like the easiest way for me to get to shelter and supplies...and so far I see no reason to attack him aside from waking me up, so...The De-Matoran slowly nodded. "Yeah, good idea. I need to get back to the city before the heat gets to me any more. I got caught in a sandstorm and as a result lost my way which, well, you saw what happened, I assume by the fact that you snapped me back into reality..."He stumbled towards the cart, looking cautiously within it then back to the two matoran before spotting a canteen of water in the cart. His instinct motivated him enough to climb in the cart, grab a canteen and all but chug it all down to state a portion of his thirst. Ugh...I can't wait until I get my strength back so I can stop being so easily manipulated by base instincts and reactions he thought, But first I need to figure out just where the heck I am. Maybe then I can figure out how and why I showed up here, and what I'm supposed to be doing...

"Wrong."

(Po-Wahi, Motari Desert; talking to Voutok)

"Make sure to take slow sips," Gahree says while holding out one of the canteens toward Voutok. Gahree steps into the canvas covered Ussul cart taking a sip from his own canteen before talking,"Don't worry, we'll get you back to the hospital for a full examination." The Ga-Matoran motions for the guide to head toward Po-Koro. The guide acknowledges and soon the cart was heading toward the village of stone.

-Mef Man

IC: Voutok--Motara Desert--Talking to Gahree"Oh yeah, of course..." the De-Matoran replied as he took the offered canteen and began taking slower, more deliberate gulps. His strength partially returning and his thinking patterns clearing, he realizes the matoran is a Ga-Matoran. "So...what brings a matoran of water all the way out to the middle of a desert?" he asks the Ga-Matoran. "You some kind of traveling merchant or something?"

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

IC(Gahree)

(Approaching Po-Koro; talking to Voutok)

"No, more like...island-wide billionare," Gahree explains simply. The Matoran pushes his glasses back a bit closer toward his eyes before looking the De-Matoran in the eye. "I'm scouting the area for a new factory I plan on building. It should revolutionize my industry and put me ahead of my rivals. What about you?" the Matoran asks, his voice a bit low. The shy Matoran's attitude was still showing, but it had lightened up a bit since the last time he talked to a stranger.

-Mef Man