Bzprpg - Po-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: VoutokThe De-Matoran sighed. Spirit knows...I was asking myself the same question he wanted to say, but he knew better. It would make him look too shady, something he didn't want to look like in front of a matoran offering him travel and medical attention. So he tried something on the fly, the old "lies of omission" technique..."I just got to this region a few hours ago." he began, "I was directed from this area to take care of some important business...I guess we can say I'm a mercenary at the moment, but...well I lost the directions to the place of the task in the sand storm, and the rest you should know. I think it was a con job, anyway. It basically almost got me killed in the desert, after all."

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

IC(Gahree)

(Approaching Po-Koro; talking to Voutok)

"I guess that's the price you pay for living such a dangerous life," states the Ga-Matoran. Gahree wasn't too fond of mercenaries. Beings who practiclly sold their soul to their job; it didn't seem right. Now, a bodyguard or other job like that, Gahree could understand.

"So, are you a fighter?" asks the Matoran casually. Little did Voutok know that Gahree was beginning to give him the full background check to see what he was made of.

A bodyguard isn't that bad of an idea...

-Mef Man

IC Vohkon and Zahkon:

They saw a lone toa walking trough the desert and Vohkon said: "Maybe he has water, lets steal it" The ran to the toa and grabbed eachothers hand increasing their powers and spoke while they pointed their weapons to the toa's face: "Surrender yourself and hand us your water!"

OOC:

You have no water, first part of storyline

I'm back!

IC: Rizik

I slight smile formed on Riziks lips. It had been a long time since he had last slaughtered a Skaldi. And now two at once? Mata Nui was too kind.

"If I did have some water, which I dont. What makes you think I'd give it to you clowns?"

He showed his claw in left hand, the metal blade gleamed in the sun

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

IC Vohkon and Zahkon.

"We are no clows,!" While they said this they created a tornado of magma bigger then any two other skadi could've ever made. " But if you have no water, there is no raison to attack you. Maybe we can work together to survive, are you in?". They said thinking they should kill the toa once found water

I'm back!

The Toa thought for a moment. He hated being alone but he didnt trust these two.

"Do you think Im that stupid you wont kill me once you two lover birds find water? Im not in the mood to be messed around today, and if you cross me those pretty little eyes of yours will be meeting Koltcha"

OOC: Koltcha is what he names his claw.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

OOC:

Are you joining or not I can't find it.

IC Vo&Za

They lowered the vortex and said: "It's getting late, let's search a shelter in those rocks", they said simultanuoesly while Vohkon pointed to a mountain range in the distance.

I'm back!

IC: Voutok--Approaching Po-Koro--talking to GahreeThe De-Matoran simply shrugged again. "I can hold my own in a fight..." he said. ...to the best of my memory. Which is, to say, very little. he added in his mind. "I mean, why else would I walk around with two of these?" he added, pulling out one of the bladed Kanoka discs. As he nonchalantly tossed the disc in the air and caught it repeatedly, he kept his focus on the Ga-Matoran. "So how much farther to Po-Koro?"

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

IC(Gahree)

(Approaching Po-Koro; talking to Voutok)

"Just through this valley," explains Gahree, opening his mouth before the guide could. "Then the village will be right in front of us."

He seems decent enough. A bit on the impatient side, though. But, that's not always a bad thing. Maybe he's just a bit sick from being out in the sun for so long.

"How are you feeling? Need any more water?"

-Mef Man

OOC: NB: The guns are not Cordak arrays. Those could not be approved, and this, the guns shoot large metal spheres. About the size of those yoga balls. Still really damaging. The back shoots an acidic liquid, so that's pretty powerful too.IC. Jhianil.Bogark was admiring a statue of his hero, Hiiiidunkafook. He'd been sitting there almost all day, looking up at the statue. He'd skipped out on his normal duties to just look at the sculptures. He knew no one would catch him out here. So he just sat. And looked. And got up. Moved. Sat again. Kept looking. Off in the distance, he saw a speck. It got bigger. And then bigger. It collided with the head of Hiiiidunkafook, then into him with crushing power.Death to the idle.More metal spheres began to rain down, coming in a staggered line. More statues disentegrated as they were struck by the cannons. The field of sculptures was a field of ruins in minutes. Nearly none stood soon. It was a fate the collection of art didn't deserve. However, it was necessary to Kaun. And his guest. The power of the Jhianil was being proven. Its range and potential were frightening."EVIL SPIRIT OF THE SKY!" A collection of catapults were formed in the field, full of similar ammunition. However, they could barely see the ship, high as it was. The guard stood no chance against an unseen opponent."WE ARE PO-KORO, AND WE SEND THIS MESSAGE TO YOU! WE ARE HERE!""WE ARE WAITING!""PO-KORO!"Many of them died as acidic spheres obliterated their ranks. A final metal sphere destroyed the pitiful attempt to fight back against the the airship. Up inside, most of the crew was laughing, some even drinking in celebration. Kauncavich seemed satisfied. His guest seemed unemotional. Imagine that."Crew," he said gleefully, "prime the cannons to destroy-""No." The scrawny Vortixx said."What?""Do not destroy the city yet. Simply destroy the base of operations from which the guards work from. Destroy its offense. We have no need to tear it down yet."Kauncavich frowned. However, he was working for this client. This paid for expenses on the ship. "You heard him. Destroy the guard buildings and turn this thing around."OOC: Here we go. Jhianil, do your job. Defenders of Po-Koro, do yours.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Rizik rolled his eyes.

"Well" He said, looking at Vohkon. "You are right about one thing. We should walk a bit faster. If the star doesnt kill us then then the desert wildlife definitely will"

He increased his pace. "Just why are you two out here all the way out in the desert?"

IC: Vian

Vian watched the readouts at his station, carefully monitoring the ship's systems. "Everything is functioning as it should, Captain. Energy to the guns is flowing correctly, there are no problems with the guns themselves."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC(Gahree)

(Po-Koro; talking to Voutok)

Gahree was about to ask more questions when, suddenly the sound of hundreds of thunder claps erupted in the Ga-Matoran's ears.

"What was that?" Gahree screams. "It doesn't rain in Po-Wahi. Even if it did, it wouldn't be that-" the rest of the Matoran's voice was drowned out by another barrage from the distant airship. The Matoran turns toward the guide and motions for him to head toward the hospital. "We'll get somewhere safe and wait for whatever this is to stop!" yells Gahree to Voutok.

-Mef Man

OOC: Is there like, a place where we have a crew list? Or something? Oh, and my other Tech Piece got approved. Its for da ship.

IC: Cal

Calyziria's cannon had landed its mark perfectly. He stayed silent from the orders, but felt a bit of a smile. He felt...justified to smash this village into specks.

The Guardhouse was strong, but not invincible, especially against an enemy so far up. The only people who could really attack would be those who could fly. Or accelerate a cannon.

But first, Cal had to give something to the captain. But perhaps, later.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Detero stood silently at his station as the Jhianil obilerated Po-Koro's first line of defense. Instead, he stared at Kauncavich. In all appearances, he was just... waiting. Waiting for his captain's typical rash order, which would now lead to mass destruction - and possible even the defenders getting a chance to strike back.

Keeping my poise is always an irritating task... but with Kauncavich as a captain...

When Kauncavich spoke, Detero prepared to turn around and commence targeting... but to his surprise, the Jhianil's client spoke.

"No."

Detero blinked.

"What?" he heard Kauncavich say.

"Do not destroy the city yet. Simply destroy the base of operations from which the guards work from. Destroy its offense. We have no need to tear it down yet."

A terse moment passed as Kauncavich mulled over his choice, then gave the order.

"You heard him. Destroy the guard buildings and turn this thing around."Detero was surprised - but only for a moment. Though rash, Kauncavich was no fool. He knew where the money was, and knew that the client's desires were part of the job.

Turning around to face his console once more, Detero blinked three times in quick succession. Activating visual scanners mounted on the ship, he quickly gained a ground view of Po-Koro as the ship passed by overhead. The ship automatically picked out landscape features and synchronized them with a mapping system, giving a quick glimpse at notable features nearby.

Now came the tricky part. Loading the infrared scanners, Detero gave a few quick commands before loading the new program on top of the old. The map blinked red for a moment before switching over to thermal detection, sensing the heat radiating off of the desert... and more importantly, out of Po-Koro.

Detero squinted slightly and made a pinching motion with his fingers. The display zoomed in - first on the canyon below, then on Po-Koro itself. Making a few more gestures, Detero moved the display around the village, until...

"Found it."

Detero turned around, addressing Kauncavich. "Largest concentration of heat-emanating bodies - or at least, heat-emating bodies that are upright - is in the second largest hut, towards the bottom-left of the village. Odds that it's a guard station are over eighty percent. Permission to feed information to gun crews?"

OOC: If anyone has the authority to do so/knows better than my random guess, they can say that this isn't a guard hut, and that the Jhianil is targeting civilians right now. I'm not sure who that would fall to other than Nuju or someone, though.

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

IC: Voutok--Po-Koro--"talking" to GahreeThe De-Matoran, upon the first thunder clap noise, thrust his hands to his ears and cringed, pushing against the device that wrapped over the top of his mask and covered his ears. He tried to drown out the noise, but the barrage of fire remained relentless. He could already hear his hearing slightly deteriorate, replaced by an obnoxious ringing that seemed to drown out the noise for him. But he knew better than to let it do so, and despite the slight deafening still made every effort to keep his ears covered and the sounds as suppressed as possible. Better to have half hearing for a week than no hearing for the rest of his life. Due to this, he only heard part of what the Ga-Matoran said."AGH! All I heard from that amiss this Spirit-condemned ruckus and my ears going partially deaf was 'somewhere safe' and 'this is to stop'. That's good enough for me, so all I have to say is get on with it before I lose my hearing any further for a longer lapse of time!"

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

IC

(Gahree)

(Po-Koro; talking to Voutok)

Argh, he's a De-Matoran...

Gahree places his hands on top of Voutok's before leading him out of the cart and into the nearby hospital. The guide would find somewhere safe to hide, but Gahree wasn't about to worry about that at the moment. The two Matoran had to get some shelter. Soon, the two were inside of the building, but noise wasn't over yet. The distant sound of thunder claps had died down, but inside it was replaced by screams of patients and some nurses. Most of nurses and doctors were smart enough (however) to remain calm, however.

"Excuse us," Gahree says simply as he brings Voutok into a nearby room. Shutting the door, the sounds outside were now somewhat blocked out. "Can you hear me?" asks the Matoran of water after taking his hands off of the De-Matoran's.

-Mef Man

IC: Voutok--A hospital in Po-Koro--talking to GahreeThe De-Matoran's ears were still ringing, and anything bellow a raised voice was muffled and anything at or above that had an annoying echo to it. Luckily, the Ga-Matoran was using a slightly raised voice. "Enough to be able to process it all, assuming you remain at that volume" he replied. A muffled blast of thunder was heard from within the room, and the De-Matoran instinctively covered his ears for a few seconds just to make sure the sound didn't get louder. When he took his hands off his ears (or, rather, the device covering them) again, he asked "Does this kind of thing happen all the time here?"

"Wrong."

IC

(Gahree)

(Po-Koro Hospital; talking to Voutok)

"I've only been here for a few days," explains Gahree,"but I know that these things never happen here!" The Matoran was as confused as Voutok. It didn't rain in Po-Koro, but this wasn't an average rain storm. It sounded like objects impacting against each other in the distance, and there was no rain. It was overall a very confusing situation for the Ga-Matoran. "I guess we'll just have to wait it out!" yells Gahree in the same voice that Voutok had requested. "You better keep your ears covered!"

-Mef Man

IC: Voutok--Po-Koro Hospital--talking to Gahree"You won't have to tell me twice!" the De-Matoran replied before immediately covering his ears again. "Hey, since you at least have normal hearing, maybe you can head outside this room and see if anyone else knows what's going on. I'll stay here as a safety precaution so I don't...you know, lose ALL my hearing. Oh, by the way, the name's Voutok."[OOC: Yay now I can just type "Voutok" instead of having to keep using the general term "De-Matoran" =P]

"Wrong."

IC

(Gahree and NPC Doctor)

(Po-Koro Hospital)

"Okay, Voutok!" replies Gahree. Before leaving, the Matoran states,"And, my name is Gahree. Nice meeting you." And, with that, the Matoran was back outside with the doctors and patients.

Outside of the room was a real madhouse. Doctors running around this way and that, patients screaming at the top of their lungs. It was crazy. One of these doctors ran straight into the Ga-Matoran. Gahree turns to face him and asks,"What is going on out there?"

"Not sure, but it seems as if Makuta is bearing down on the entire island!" cries out the panicked doctor. "Make sure to get to cover and if you have any weapons get them out."

Gahree watches the doctor go, a bit confused as to what the doctor meant. The village was under attack? The Matoran of water returns to Voutok and relays the information. "Seems as if there's an attack! You better have your weapons handy just in case!"

-Mef Man

IC: Voutok--Po-Koro Hospital--Talking to Gahree"Way ahead of you." he replied, motioning towards the bladed kanoka discs that he positioned on either side of him against the wall he was leaning on. "Makuta", eh? Voutok thought to himself, Why does that word sound so alien...but yet partially familiar? I probably shouldn't concern myself with it...the last time I did that my brain felt like it folded inside out. Not the best idea to have those kinds of issues on top of trying to drown out whatever the heck is going on outside..."So...guess we just wait here until either the blasts stop or something bursts through that door to try and kill us. I'm hoping for the former, myself, though the latter would at least give us something to deal with while we wait. So if you ask me, it's win-win either way, personal preferences aside. You got a means of defending yourself?"

"Wrong."

IC(Gahree)

(Ga-Koro Hospital)

Gahree motions toward the machete strapped to his right ankle. "I'd rather not have to fight, but I think I can handle myself!" The Matoran continues to yell over the barrage.

I better not die. Who's going to take care of the business when I pass on?

"If only there were a way for us to escape whatever is going on outside! I have alot of important things that need to be finished!"

-Mef Man

OOC: I TOLD you I'd get something up...

IC: Kughii

The words of The Stranger snapped him into old reflexes, his cream-hued torso rapidly bending over, causing him to roll forwards between his legs, hand grabbing the sheath of his nodachi, pulling it through the eye of a needle, rolling to a knee. Before the dust faded back to the plateau's sandy surface Kughii was primed and facing The Stranger.

"Who are you," The words flew from his mouth without thought. (Too cliche. Need to really work on that.) With the flickering of his eyes behind his iden-esque battle mask, The Strangers barest features were revealed: a black cloak. (Well, that's descriptive.) Hand loosening slightly on the hilt of his blade, Kughii asked another question: "How long have you been there?"

OOC: never fear citizens. the Tucky Calvary are here. it would seem some people have crossed the line.

Alright, you said defenders? I'm on the defender's side.

IC

Truly it was an amazing sight.

An object, so high up that it could barely be seen, raining down death and destruction, out of the range of the defenders pitiful attempts to retaliate. It was like nothing anyone had ever seen. It was as though the spirits themselves had arrived and were punishing this city for some awful wrongdoing.

The tide was about to turn.

For among the falling metal, screaming children, panicking and darting people, a small group of hooded individuals walked serenely though the masses. One by one they removed their hoods, and it was revealed to be a team of toa.

Ten of them.

Who they were didn't matter; their identities would forever remain a secret. Why they were here though was obvious: to stop this mindless destruction. They had been watching and observing these madmen construct this terrible machine, but before they could organize a strike it had left, left to begin its rampage on an unsuspecting island.

It would end here and now.

"Bronze team, mitigate the solid projectiles! Blue team I need some shields up now! Grey and Purple, get in position for a counterattack!"

The one speaking clearly was in charge, and he took command of the situation like one who had fought a thousand battles. As he spoke the toa fanned out, charging up their elemental powers and taking up positions around the Koro. The change was immediate and drastic.

The metal shot that rained down seemed to slow as it descended, apparently defying the laws of gravity. Upon closer observation however they weren't slowing as they were shrinking, by the time they reached the Koro below having all but vanished. At the same time this was happening at certain locations around the Koro massive cylindrical objects were beginning to form, growing and forming up towards the sky, as if being fed by the falling spheres. The acid within some of the projectiles were doing damage, but almost instantly this threat was neutralized.

Meanwhile, the energy bolts that streaked across the sky were having a similar problem reaching the ground. Blue and white domes of lightning rose from the city streets, protecting vast swaths of the city from the energy damage. Some got through, yes, but the light show was something to be seen as a rainbow of colors streaked as sizzled against blue walls of light.

The battle had turned in practically and instant. Yes, some initial damage had been done, but compared to what COULD have happened had those waves of hate actually reached the surface. The Koro was intact. Over eighty percent of the Po-Koro Guard buildings and material were intact. The only major loss thus far were the sculptures, and those could be replaced; lives could not. The commander smiled grimly. His Fe-Toa were busy neutralizing the physical assault, while the Vo-Toa were busy keeping the energy attacks at bay. As for his Ba- and Ma-Toa, well...

They were already messing with that object in the sky, proved by the erratic and now less-accurate shots that were being fired via massive electromagnetic interference. But that was just the start; they hadn't even begun the counterattack.

He pulled out a spyglass to take a better look at the behemoth that floated above him.

That thing would die today.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Calyziria

Ship might have a person specifically focusing on sensors, but he did have his own thermal imaging. He managed to catch a glimpse of 8 organized spots, before a sudden dome of heat registered.

Then the camera fell. Which could only mean one thing. "Counterattack! Magnetic Interference! And they have a shield, all our attacks aren't hitting!" He shouted. Sure enough, most of the cannons he fired were now...not even hitting. And then he saw the source.

"Why are they attacking us?"

What a stupid question.

OOC: Who broke the rules?

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Aurum

Aurum had been running on the road to Po-Koro by the time he saw what was happening. To kill 2 birds with one stone, as they say. Eliminate a possible threat, and serve Makuta's will.

Soon, he reached the lightning energy shield. Making a small tunnel for himself to pass through, he closed the metal behind him. He could see what the Jhianil had done at first; Rows of buildings and statues were now dust, specks of stone returning to its original place of the desert.

Aurum soon caught sight of 8 Toa wearing robes, who were obviously the ones defending the village. He started to run over. If nothing else, he could at least help in the defense. Makuta needed followers, and he needed to do his job.

OOC: Tuck, can I interact?

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC Zahkon and Vohkon

They arrived at the mountains and found a cave, and when the stars fully appreared, they were inside. The two skadi sat down and created a small pool of magma to warm themselves. They said to the lone toa: "We were on our way th ko-koro when we were attacked ba a rahi during the time the star was visible, and the rahi forced us to abandon our stuff, so here we are. And you little toa, why are you here?"

I'm back!