Bzprpg - Po-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC Titrunia*Runs system assesment*. "WTK?!""Alright, I think I have a plan. Plan A is to just get the karz out of here. As for Plan B, is this thing capable of space flight? Do we have a hyperdrive?" I rushed over to the movement controls of the ship. That team of toa didn't seem to be letting up. "Plan C, we take this fight to the ground. I culd fire some confusion rhotuka at them."

Edited by Constructman

IC: Vian

On the bridge of the ship, several crewmen had begun to panic. Ziyas, as usually, was calm. That woman never let anything resembling emotion show. The Captain was calm, for the moment. It was hard to say how he would react to this sudden turn of events.

But Vian was far removed from the chaos around him. While others panicked, he chose to be productive. His fingers flew across the controls at his station, checking on every one of the ship's major systems. They were all functioning correctly, with no exceptions. The ship was operating perfectly, the attacks were merely being destroyed or redirected on their way to the ground. Probably a team of Toa, there were no other species that Vian knew of on the island that could do this.

In the distance, he could see massive cylinders, probably of metal, forming. The rate at which they formed seemed to increase with the number of projectiles fired. Said orbs dwindled as they flew toward the ground. Which meant that the mass of the projectiles was most likely being used to fuel the cylinders.

Those cylinders are most likely going to be used to attack us, very soon. If we stop attacking, we will start depriving them of energy, and force them to use their own. That's step one."Gunners. Stop firing. Now!" His voice was calm, but his tone betrayed the urgency with which he spoke. Being a former weapons engineer, he knew something of strategy. His old job required it. And he knew that these Toa were gearing up for a counterstrike.

"Captain, we have less than a ten percent chance of winning this engagement. These defenders were prepared. My suggestion is a tactical retreat, and quickly. If we stay, the ship will most likely suffer serious damage."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Detero simply watched as the Jhianil's plan suddenly went entirely to Karz. He noticed the metal cylinders forming on the ground, however, and quickly zoomed his scans in to take a closer look...

Karz! he thought as he glanced at the displays. According to scans, the metal spheres were of exactly the same alloy used in the Jhianil's own weapons systems.

Only instants later, another crew member - one who Detero vaguely recognized as Vian - reached the same conclusion.

"Gunners," he began. "Stop firing. Now!"

When a stunned silence overcame the panic on the bridge, he continued.

"Captain, we have less than a ten percent chance of winning this engagement. These defenders were prepared. My suggestion is a tactical retreat, and quickly. If we stay, the ship will most likely suffer serious damage."

Before Kauncavich could reply, Detero stepped forward.

"Captain, the metal cylinders on the ground are of the exact same composition as our ammunition," he said, careful to mask his suprise and anger beneath a facade of calm. "There must be Toa of Iron down there. I recommend a temporary retreat, until we can analyze exactly what we're dealing with."

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

OOC: As a test....

IC: Cal

I said nothing. But my body did. My jittering hands flew on the controls, thoughts in my head insane.

Focus! Focus! This is what you trained yourself for. And....Start.

Deactivate auto-fire mechanism. Redirect all controls to manual and give all system access to Calyziria. Check coolant. Reload all ammunition. All systems functioning, power fluctuations minimal.

Magnetic Interference around, so If we were to attack, we'll need to re-adjust, somehow. Heat! I've never seen Toa of Iron absorb heated metal, and enough heat disrupts magnetism, at least a little bit. Perhaps.....

Re-adjust aim-assist to heighten all shots fired by 15 degrees. But the heat will overload the systems...Reactivate extra pistons. Coolant...deactivate. External coolant, activate. Set reload time low, redirect reload power to external pistons. I'll have to manually activate and deactivate the main coolants.

My head span, facing the bridge crew. "A full retreat is possible, but should they attack us before we have enough time, we'll need defenses." I mumbled. I was getting far too nervous. How Vian and Ziyas were so calm, I don't know. But I had to act it. "A Suggestion: Their Lightning shield provides defense from our laser cannons. However, it is mainly used as a defensive technique. We can use our lasers on the metal they seem to plan on using to attack us...but, we, ah, need to keep at least one laser firing on Po-Koro, else the Toa of Lightning can go on the offensive as well. Oh, and there's massive magnetic interference right now. Just saying."

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: Unless I'm wrong, there's no reason to panic. Tuck isn't smiting us. He's giving Po-Koro the fight it deserves. You guys should be thankful.Nevermind.IC. Jhianil.Kauncavich inhaled slowly. The strategy came to his head mid-breath."Ziyas, Sayiz, direct more energy to the forward cannons. Gunners, try to overload their capabilities. Vian, get us a little bit lower. Maybe with less range they won't be able to stop them so quickly."He exhaled. Somewhere out of his left ear, he heard Vian. Less than ten percent. The crew was panicking. The attacks were no longer affecting the city."Scratch previous orders. Full power to the engines and stabilizers. I want us out of here now."As the order rang out, the ship sped away, turning and immediately hurrying in the opposite direction. Soon, it would out sight and range.

Edited by Relapse

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Cal

I was nearly going to fire a heated metal ball, when the captain belay'd his order. Quickly, I reactivated the coolants, deactivated extra pistons, and redirected power towards the main engine. "Aye aye captain!" I shouted, before realizing how high pitched my voice had been. Now that we seemed to be safe, I closed my eyes for a moment.

My heart was beating insanely.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Voutok--Po-Koro Hospital--Talking to GahreeAlmost as suddenly as they seemed to begin, the thunder ceased. Shortly afterward, Voutok could barely (despite his near-deafness) hear the hum of electric energy coming from outside the Hospital. He cautiously removed the device covering his ears to hear it better. "Say...do you hear that?" he asked, "The thunder or whatever it was stopped, and there's this...humming noise. Sounds like it's coming from outside." Voutok placed the device over his ears again. "Think it's safe enough to go out and see what's happening?"

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

IC: Krell

I stepped out from the tunnel, shielding my eyes from the suns' light with my upraised arm. It had taken a while to get from Onu-Koro, but we eventually made it. The path was familar, I had definately traveled this way before. I know I had. Unfortunately, it wasn't for good reasons, or, reasons that I thought were good now.

Regardless, we made it. I glanced around, the desert featureless for the most part. Po-Koro was Northeast, if I remembered correctly, but I didn't need to go to Po-Koro. No, the canyons. That is where it was, that is where I needed to go.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Vian

"I could go into all of the reasons why that is a horrible suggestion," The Vortixx commented, shooting Titrunia a look, accompanied by a skeptically raised eyebrow. "But there isn't exactly the time. Needless to say, that trying to escape through the atmosphere would be detrimental to our health. The damage to the ship would be great, and our own odds of survival would be somewhere in the ballpark of 3%."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC(Gahree)

(Po-Koro Hospital)

Noticing that the ear muffs were off, Gahree speaks in a near whisper, saying,"I guess we should." He rises to a standing position before walking outside and into the hallway. The hospital had turned eerily quiet (only a few patients were still upset). Gahree walks past a few stunned doctors and slowly opens the door to look outside. "Looks like something is flying away," notes the Ga-Matoran. "I wonder what that is..."

-Mef Man

IC

So they think they can run away...

With a dramatic flair the commander closed his spyglass, raising a lazy hand towards the fleeing vessel.

"Purple Team, would you please?"

Out of their hidden position the two Ba-Toa that had not been accounted for stepped forward, raising their hands in practiced synchronization, calling upon their powers like some mage of old. Local gravity shifted slightly at these two worked in perfect harmony, reaching out for their target: the airship.

The ship began to slow, causing the Captain and crew to divert more power into thrusters. For a moment it began to gain speed once again, but it was short-lived as the gravitational pull strengthened on the vessel. A tug-of-war ensued, the gravity powers of two toa verses the impressive engines of the ship. After a few moments it became a draw, neither side able to gain an advantage. But only for a moment.

Slowly, but surely, the vessel was drawn back towards the city, engines and hull screaming in protest. A few of the minor engines gave away, overcome by heat and the tax on its systems, but the main thrusters continued heroically despite the certain eventuality. When they were close enough the commander nodded.

"Bronze, Blue, I happen to hunger for a shard of cheese. Got anything?"

There was a brief moment of silence as the Ba-Toa released their grip; the dramatic silence silence was a heavy as a winter quilt. Then the thunder came.

Those cannons that had been steadily created by the Toa of Iron opened up, shooting back the very shot that was used in the attempt the level the Koro. The rounds moved too fast to be seen, as all the energy that had been devoted to raising, holding, and absorbing the electrical shields and energy were diverted into the metal, creating a very large, cumbersome, inefficient, yet still practical electromagnetic weapon. This was further enhanced by the Toa of Magnatism, more than gleefully adding his own power to the mix... though he still hated the Lightning Toa for treading on his domain.

Thus was the power when seven Toa work in tandem. The airship was not ready for this kind of assault, shredded as it floated in the sky by the very weapons it had used just minutes ago. Indeed, when the assault had finished it resembled a flying shard of swiss cheese, the only reason it still hung mid-air was the mechanical brilliance of the builders and the indomitable will of the crew.

But the second shoe hadn't dropped. The commander gave his final grim order.

"See to it that no-one can ever use that abomination again."

The two Ba-Toa stepped up for the final act. Together they summoned the might of their abilities, pouring their very souls into this single event. The air was unearthly still as they shook, then wavered... then collapsed unconscious. They had given their all for what looked like nothing.

Unless you were standing on the bridge.

For not a few bios away from the captain a tiny speck appeared. Blue on the outside, followed by a purple ring, then blackness. It was infinitely small, had no measurement, yet had the weight of a galaxy.

It was a singularity.

The effect was immediate. The ship groaned, cracked, then began to whine and implode as the gravitation singularity pulled in all light and matter within it. The ship, it's tool, it's weapons, even the debris that had began falling were now flying back upwards, towards this event. It was unnaturally unstable and would quickly vanish, as in fact it's two creators were no longer conscious and thus able to control it, but it would last long enough to suck in every piece of equipment and tech this ship was carrying.

And the crew. Unless they moved NOW.

They had only precious seconds to abandon ship, the gravitational force exerted on their bodies significantly and curiously less than the rest of the ship. Even in their power these Toa had followed their Code to the letter, giving the crew every chance to escape unharmed... but only with their lives.

And only if they moved now.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

OOC: Good job, Tuck!

IC(Gahree)

(Outside of Po-Koro Hospital)

And, just like that, the airship was destroyed. In a loud, near deafening sound of shrieking metal and exploding parts, the object was destroyed and was spiraling toward a gravitational field of some sort.Gahree had enough of all of this craziness, though. Turning to Voutok, he asks,"Are you ready to go? Let's head toward Onu-Koro. I think I've seen enough of Po-Koro to last me for a few weeks."

-Mef Man

IC Zahkon and Vohkon

They arrived at the mountains and found a cave, and when the stars fully appreared, they were inside. The two skadi sat down and created a small pool of magma to warm themselves. They said to the lone toa: "We were on our way th ko-koro when we were attacked ba a rahi during the time the star was visible, and the rahi forced us to abandon our stuff, so here we are. And you little toa, why are you here?"

IC: Rizik.

Rizik shook off the belittling tone the Skadi spoke to him in.

"Im on the run from... a few Wahi's"

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

IC: Auron:

Before the waiter had come back, Auron had heard the first boom of the cannons above the town, and hurried outside to look at the massive airship. Then, suddenly, the Toa Team appeared, and he watched as they used their powers to cripple the ship. As he watched this, he realized, that's what he wanted to do someday. A team. A team of Toa (or any other species) that defended those who can't defeat threats like this.

Someday.

IC: Voutok--Po-Koro Hospital--Talking to Gahree"Well, I guess a post-near-apocalypse city in the middle of a desert isn't the best place to try to wander through...let alone the most quiet". Voutok's ears, though the ringing was gradually subsiding, still annoyed him and were impeding his sensitive hearing to an extent. He straightened the device over his ears as a safety precaution. "Plus, it's not like I have anywhere else to go. Lead the way."As Voutok began following Gahree, he asked "So, any idea as to what exactly happened here?"

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

IC(Gahree)

(Outside of Po-Koro Hospital)

"Maybe it has something to do with that," Gahree explains as he points toward the almost destroyed object in the sky. "Let's just get out of here and read about it later. I don't want to stick around with that thing hovering over me," explains the Matoran as he begins to jog toward the nearby stable. Inside was the guide still at the cart. Gahree jumps into the cart. As he waits for Voutok to get in, he says to the guide,"Onu-Koro. And, get us there fast."

-Mef Man

IC: Voutok--Po-Koro Stables--Talking to GahreeVoutok climbed into the back of the cart as the guide set off. He briefly checked to make sure his bladed Kanoka discs were still there, which they were. "So," he began, "I can't say I went through an 'Onu-Koro' on my way here. How far is it and what kind of business goes around there?"

"Wrong."

IC

(Gahree)

(Po-Koro Stables)

"It should take us about six hours," Gahree explains as the cart rockets off and onto the road. "We'll hit the Onu-Koro highway soon then travel underground. As you probably know, Onu-Koro is an underground village. Mining, diving, and probably even some fungus collecting are some of the things that go on in Onu-Wahi. I have a business set up that mines crystals, but I'm about to set up a botanist in Onu-Wahi who will look for certain types of fungus that can be made into medicine and other products," explains Gahree. The Matoran was all about business and his arm stretched out over the entire island. Onu-Wahi wasn't an exception.

-Mef Man

IC Vohkon He started running in circles and shouted "It's the star, it's coming for us!"IC Zahkon"Be calm"he said, " this isn't the star" he fired an arrow into the sands outside and a sand tarakeve jumped out narrowly eveding the arrow. He readied himself for another shot grabbing the hand of Vohkon

I'm back!

IC: Voutok--Nearing Entrance To/Exit From Po-Koro--Talking to Gahree"Hmph." Voutok replied, somewhat uninterested by Gahree's talk of business dealerships and whatnot. "Well, I should be able to find something to do there, I suppose."...An underground city, eh? he thought to himself. How peculiar. Can't say I've heard of such a thing. Well, I guess there's a first time for everything. Here's hoping they don't suddenly get attacked shortly after we arrive. Now that I remember what true noise is like, it makes me appreciate the silence a bit more..."So...you say it'll be six hours or so? I think I'll just rest for a bit." he said, already beginning to straighten the device over his ears and lay down in the back of the cart. "You know, help get my strength up and pass time in a quiet, reflective way, assuming you have no more questions, queries, thoughts, concerns, etc etc." Of course, Voutok had no intention of going to sleep, knowing what happened the LAST time he attempted such an action. Instead he turned his head so that his eyes could not be seen by Gahree, and kept them open."Wake me if you have any sudden questions or we arrive at Onu-Koro. Whichever comes first." he said, waving his right arm upward before setting it back down when he finished.

"Wrong."

IC

(Gahree)

(Leaving Po-Koro)

Gahree replies with a simple,"Okay," before leaning back in his own seat. It was nice having a top over the cart; the sun didn't hit his eyes as much as it should. The Matoran could sit back, relax, and try to enjoy the ride back. But that strange object in the sky was always on his mind and was even still in sight for another hour before disappearing out of sight.

OOC: Voutok and Gahree to Onu-Wahi.

-Mef Man

IC: Rizik

"Darn it" Rizik spat.

If he ran now, the creature would feed upon the two and he could make his escape. He would live, but they would die. That hadnt mattered to him in a long, long time, but now something was different. He saw them for what they were: Two lives. Maybe they weren't the most worthy creatures being Skadi, but that didn't matter. All the experiences, good or bad that they could give would cease to happen and for some reason, that made Rizik feel empty inside.

He jumped off the creature back, confusing it, then drove his claw through the soft part of its back. It screamed but it was not out yet. It shook him off violently and started beating him with its powerful forearms. Maybe now it was the Skadis turn to return the favour.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

IC Vohkan saw the toa coming back and regained hope he pushed the toa aside and the tarakeva started hitting him. He could protect himself using his shield but felt he couldn't hold that for long. When he almost ran out of power the skadi felt a surge of energy flowing back into his body, his friend had awakend. He grabben his friends arm and used his new power to keep the rahi in place: "finish it toa, now" he shouted

I'm back!

IC: Aelynn

"What?" the Fe-Toa asked, looking up in the sky. Whatever was going on, Aeylnn wanted to get far away from it.

IC:

The cloaked being regarded the Vortixx silently, the black fabric hiding its form rippling slightly. The hood moved slightly, as if the being inside tilted its head slightly. This was the being's only reaction to Kughii's sudden movement, and it seemed like one could get more movement out of a potted plant.

"Who I am is irrelevant, and if you knew, then neither you or I would be here," the being stated in the same, featureless voice. However, beneath the flat exterior, one might be able to find a hint of amusement contained within. After a moment's pause, the being continued again. "For the second... not long, if it worries you," came the voice again, the amusement still present.

"And put the sword down, it won't do you any good in a conversation."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Kughii

"I'm always open to a good conversation," Kughii replied, his face-mask given his tone a gravel texture, as if the words were ground between a flour mill before being smoothed again to preserve comprehension. Using the butt of the scabbard, he rose to a standing posture and relaxed against the stony ledge, eyes staring outwards from the plateau to the flatlands far below. "I have to admit, finding another being so far from society seemed, predetermined." Un crossing his arms, he held out his right hand in greeting.

"I am Kughii, writer and wandering sword."