What's your favorite Launcher?

Pupwa21

Personally, My favorite Launcher was the Midak Skyblaster. It took the Zamor Launcher and just improved on it a lot. It allowed for better rapid fire, More compact and you didn't need an extra part to have more ammo.

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

I was always somewhat partial to the Thornax. Didn't like the shape of the ammo, but the design was simple and didn't come in some hard-to-work-with shape such as the squid launchers or the Midak. Of course, I've seen some astounding creations utilizing those launchers, but those are the exception rather than the rule.

The Rhotuka were excellent for pure distance, although I can't speak to their accuracy. Great fun as a launcher even if the ammo liked to get lodged in hard-to-reach places.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I always loved Rhotukas (with their insane range), Midak Skyblasters (with their insane pew-pew-pew, but now not as much), and Cordaks - because gatling underwater rocket guns.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Well, the Midak skyblasters are the only launchers from the later years that I really like. The only con is that they're REEEAALLY heavy for the figures. Still, they look cool, have multiple attachment/upgrade points, have a great mechanism, and you don't have to worry about the ammo falling out. They're both attractive and functional!

The ghost blasters, on the other hand... ugh. Those are everything the skyblasters aren't. They're ugly, clunky, they have very little ammo, a silly function, and they just feel really darn cheap.

I never really liked the Thornax launcher much, but I do appreciate how much more simple and efficient they are than the gaudy ghost blasters. I like the new piece introduced in Hero Factory's Breakout! line that makes it feel more like an actual cannon, but I guess that doesn't count.

My favorite of all, though? The disk launchers from 2004... particularly Vakama's. They, along with the streamlined-as-can-be gear functions of the Toa Metru, were the pinnacle of what I like to call "Slizer engineering", and are just another thing that makes 2004 one of my favorite years.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

My favorite is the Thornax Launcher because it small, easy to shoot (just need to use your hand like all the others, so no brainer there) and just puting that out there i don't like the Midak Skyblaster because it too big for the Set and MOCs arms (don't know if i'm the only one who have that) but it's better then the Squid Launcher (don't know why they made that)

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

To be fair to the squid launcher, When I tried to use it shot all the way to the other side of my room. I must be gifted. Also, I used the ghost launcher as a part of my MOC's jetpack, Can't post it here because I'm rebuilding it.

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

My favorite from a building perspective is definitely the Thornax Launcher. It's a compact, no-frills launcher that looks good, is easy to incorporate into a model, and works reasonably well.

As far as functionality is concerned... Hmmm... I like the Zamor Sphere launcher because it's easy to make a construction that holds several rounds. But Thornax might still be my favorite due to the tactile experience.

Probably the Rhotuka launcher. Such fun! I also loved the Zamor sphere launcher for its power, distance, and accuracy; plus, it's a fantastic MOCing piece. I enjoy the Thornax for the same reasons as the Zamor sphere launcher, and I actually loved the fruit.

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

I loved the sheer gimmicky-ness of the Cordak Blasters, though upon retrospect they are quite difficult to use in MOCs.

After those, my favorite would be the Zamor Sphere launchers, and then the Thornax Launchers; the latter feeling a bit overused, but quite practical for MOCing and useful for being able to use my abundant Zamor ammunition.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always liked the zamor launchers and the rhotuka spinners. Both got incredible range and could easily be integrated into creations. While that's also true for the thornax launcher, I found that it just looked too bare when connected to a Glatorian hand with just two axle pieces.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

In terms of coolest-looking, the cordak wins here, as they look like mini gatling guns.

In terms of performance, however, the spinners and the midaks are tied. The spinners have better range, but it bugged me for years that there was no official way to keep them on the launcher. The midak fixed this, but the thing is just too big and heavy to be efficiently used in many of my M.O.C.s.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

If I had a Midak launcher, I imagine I would favor it because it's a multi-shot bazooka of sorts which I gather has some actual force behind the projectile. Zamor Launchers work well, though, and I despite lacking in force I nominate the Kanoka Disk Launcher solely because it rocks. It's a weapon that fires metal frisbees. It's perfect!

I'll just go ahead and rank 'em all B-)

1. Kanoka Disk Launcher

I've always been partial to the Kanoka Disk Launcher, I just think it's a neat concept and for story purposes fun to play around with. Pick a Kanohi, any Kanohi, there's a Kanoka that can do that same thing.

There's a great deal of variety to work with, but it's nowhere near as vague as Rhotuka Spinners or Zamor Spheres. The fact that this weapon is considered unorthodox by Toa absolutely baffles me. Hence why both of my Toa characters in a recently ended Contest RPG (City of Legends), wielded them.

Set-wise, I always felt they had decent range and the like, and I like the relatively simple design.

And, of course, they have an awesome melee spinoff, the Kanoka Blade

2. Midak Skyblaster

The Skyblaster's only real cons were the fact that it didn't give us a new ammo type and it was a bit heavy.

But then again, it was named after my favorite Onu-Matoran ( :P), so it gets big points in the end.

3. Zamor Sphere Launcher

The vagueness of this weapon is in some ways it's greatest appeal. Want explosives? Corrosive Gas? Acid? Power Negation? Dimensional Portals? sure, go ahead and have a ball.

They also have a relatively solid design in my opinion, and that's a definite plus

4. Rhotuka Spinner

Where the Zamor Launcher had an all-around solid design and fairly well defined attributes, the Rhotuka has a too simplistic design, and the vagueness of its effects start to go into no-no territory for me.

But even then, you can't argue with its awesome range, and it is kinda fun to imagine what kind of Rhotuka power fits your character's personality.

5. Nynrah Ghostblaster

I actually quite liked the Ghostblasters in concept, especially the ones the Toa Nuva used (It's basically a gun with the powers of Green Lantern, how is that not awesome?). Set-wise they could've been much better.

6. Cordak Blaster

A straightforward concept, not bad but not very interesting either, very unimpressive set-wise.

7. Squid Launcher

Although the concept is more interesting than the Cordak, the set execution was absolutely horrid, never speak of this weapon in my presence.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the easiness of MOCing with Zamor and Thornax launchers. The others are either not as good, or too bulky. The Cordak, for example, had that annoying ball joint stick out. Though, as others have pointed out, the Rhotuka can be fun.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

• 2 weeks later...

-Zamor shoots easiest and has some of the best results, and looks great on any character its on.

-Thornax probably looks the "best" objectively, and the little spikeballs are rad.

-Skyblaster has that bulk, and power. Feels like a cannon.

-Nynrah and Squids...the firing mechanisms weren't too great.

-Rhotuka really fit for the time but don't really fit anywhere else.

-Cordak were bulky to an extreme, but the firing was cool when it worked 6 in a row.

Zamor still my favorite.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm gonna go with Kanoka, 'cause the Zamors and Midak were just loud enough to bother my parents, and the Rhotuka were fun outside but unpredictable and dangerous indoors :P The Cordak were a pain in the butt to shoot and aim, the Squid were just too cumbersome, and the Mistika launchers didn't have enough oomph. The Thornax were great but they didn't really go as far, and also bounced around and bounced around, but they weren't thaaat bad. The Kanoka were fun to collect, glowed in the dark, and would shoot as far as you wanted them to and were easy to aim and play with. They were pretty hard to lose too, 'cause they were easy to keep track off and did not bounce or roll away.

The Exo-Toa rockets were really awesome too, though, and are definitely the best, but I dont think anyone counts them as a "launcher", at least not as the first thing to come to mind.

I dunno if I missed any, I hope I didn't.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I liked the Thornax for the parts, but the one that worked the best will always be the Zamor Launcher

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The Cordak blaster's didn't work very well, nor did they look particularly good, so I didn't like them much.

The squid launchers, er, didn't work at all.

I've never had an Inika so I can't comment on the Zamor Launchers of the inika; the Piraka zamor launchers were ok.

I liked the Thornax launchers, and I liked the discs from 2001-2004. The Metru Nui launchers, especially during WoS on the Visorak, all worked exceedingly well, and looked cool.

The spheres the Phantoka dropped were exceedingly meh.

Kanoka/Bamboo disc launching (I do so love the Matoran/Throwbot launching system, but the Kanoka system is a nice bit more accurate) and the Rhotuka. I bought a pack or two of Kanoka once, and I had a Vahki. I only had one Rhotuka set, it was a Suukorak. After that I couldn't get any more sets, and I stopped paying attention after Inika.

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the Cordak blasters and the Midiak Skyblasters.

Cordak because they were literally Lego gatling guns (Kongu Dual-Wield!)

Midiak because they looked cool, the spheres were pretty nice, they could hold four and they were pretty powerful for Bionicle blasters.

That's all just my opinion though.

*INSERT WITTY COMMENT HERE* chimoru2015spinnie.gif

(Credit to Click for the Bionicle 2015 spinnie!)

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Can't believe I haven't posted on this yet.

I'd have to say that the Rhotuka Launcher was my favorite, and Midak Skyblaster my second favorite. One has insane range and an awesome noise when launched, and the other is a cannon-like rapid fire sphere blaster. Of course, I think the squid lancher is horrid. The squids look nothing like squids and I consider them a disgrace to all cephalopods.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

The Zamor launchers because you can attach a ton of ammo clips and shoot off a lot. Also the mechanism is easier to build into a MOC to fire multiple spheres at once, unlike the Midaks, which pretty much require your finger on the trigger.

aouROFb.png

I would say the Zarmour launchers. They were pretty nifty in design and could be added-on to with so many different parts to build it into the body.

The Thornax is handy for its size, but I dislike the actual ammo and it can't hold spheres too well, so I usually use its parts elsewhere.

My least favourite were the squid launchers. I have never got those to work.

EDIT:
Now that I think about it, I take it back. Rhotukas were the best. I actually loved showing those off.

Edited by Belzarael

Am I the only one who disliked Rhotukas? You can't aim them and they go off in a totally unpredictable direction, the disk falls off the launcher with the slightest tap or tilt, the launcher was made of ugly parts with no other possible use, it's really hard to find a place to put them in most cases, and you need a huge and unwieldy extra part that normally doesn't fit on the model to launch them. Even the squid launcher fired how you wanted it to once in a blue moon, attached easily and looked okay.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins