What lies below the surface

Taka Nuvia

nokama_tjpg.jpg

^ clickable thumbnail (184 kB)

larger image ( 415 kB)

Out of all Toa Metru, Nokama has always been my favourite. Possibly due to her design, particularly the mask, which has always had something... alien about it. To me, at least.

Apart from that... yay for more Bionicle art? :3

Edit: almost forgot to point out that I really recommend looking at the larger version, as it looks a bit better that way. =3

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

WOW that is gorgeous shading. I really enjoy the down-shot perspective, since it gives the illusion of the water's reflections. Although the legs underwater feel a bit awkward, I think they caught the bending light path just fine, or am I completely missing the point and it's a front-shot perspective and she's swimming underwater with the light streaming from above?

Your monochromatic artwork always amuses me Taka! I have no idea how long has it been since I seen your artwork, but I can see a lot of improvements compared to the last time I seen it. I have to say you really portrayed the view point really well from the top. I can see now why you say you take as much time with your artwork now hahaha! Have you considered having a whole portfolio of your works or actually study illustration before? :P

-Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

WOW that is gorgeous shading. I really enjoy the down-shot perspective, since it gives the illusion of the water's reflections. Although the legs underwater feel a bit awkward, I think they caught the bending light path just fine, or am I completely missing the point and it's a front-shot perspective and she's swimming underwater with the light streaming from above?

Thanks a lot! =D Yeah, the perspective on the legs, I messed that up a bit ^^" They probably should be shorter, and generaly shaped differently, but oh well, it was my first try at that sort of thing, anyway.

And no, you're right, it's supposed to be viewed from above :)

Your monochromatic artwork always amuses me Taka! I have no idea how long has it been since I seen your artwork, but I can see a lot of improvements compared to the last time I seen it. I have to say you really portrayed the view point really well from the top. I can see now why you say you take as much time with your artwork now hahaha! Have you considered having a whole portfolio of your works or actually study illustration before? :P

-Lehvorak

Amuse? xD How so?

It's probably been ages, since I also post stuff only rarely these days (which really ought to change ASAP :/ ), but thanks a lot! I'm glad to hear that. Yeah, it takes longer now that back when I started.

... actually yes, but I never got around doing so ^^"

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

That looks fantastic. The shading is incredible, and you made it really look underwater - I like how you just used 'whited out' areas for some of the outlines in the darker areas, it really makes it look fluid. Great work as always!

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

WHAT? A new topic from you and I MISSED IT?
I like it, I really like the shape of her body and how her legs fade in the dark. Very underwater-ish :)
And, as usual, great shading.
I received Nokama for my 10th birthday, I thought the same thing about her! (Well, I didn't know yet all blue characters were female, so I thought it was a 'him'...)
Also, it's great to see something from you! Society should feel bad for preventing you from making art...

hidron_nuva_idea.png