• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Matoran are aliens?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 5,382 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 05:24 AM

I was browsing through a wiki I discovered, Alien Species wiki, when I stumbled upon this page.

I found it funny to find Bionicle mentioned on a wiki completely unrelated to Lego. Would you classify Matoran as an alien species? It does make sense in some ways, but I guess I'm not used to that line of thinking. What do you think?

What I think everytime I see this promo picture

pohatu_is_a_wuss.gif

My BZPRPG profiles - Kirgan, Viima, Jarkale, Tuli, Hile, Lai LaiSurina, Khervos, Teede

#2 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,045 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 05:51 AM

Moving to LEGO Discussion...

#3 Offline nocturn701

nocturn701
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tohunga

• 37 posts

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 07:23 AM

Actually Matoran being aliens would make sense because in Bionicle Mask of Light (the movie) at the start Turaga Vakama was telling the tale of the Matoran; In the time before time on the mysterious island of Mata Nui, the Great Spirit descended carrying we called the Matoran we were seperate without purpose, so the great spirit illuminated us with the three virtues:  unity, duty, destiny. And in gratitude named our island home Mata Nui after the Great Spirit himself. But our happiness was not to last, for Mata Nui's brother the Makuta was jealous of these honors and betrayed him, casting Mata Nui into a deep slumber. The Makuta was free to unleash his shadows and unleash them... he did. 

Woe, got a little off topic there, but you get the idea...and if you don't than I will tell you. The idea was that the great spirit descended, from where, another planet such as Bara Magna which has a similar species type?!

#4 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,699 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 07:23 AM

Well yes, to us they would be aliens if we existed in the same reality, but even though we don't I think it's safe to say that they can be considered alien life.
Alien Species Wiki, though? Really? :P I think I've been there once before... don't they have a bunch of errors on the Toa page or something? :lol:

Chro: Dream Killer

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

Hitman VIII: Codebreaker

Baruka: Native Son

#5 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,605 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 08:25 AM

By the definition of "not human" of course they are. I'm a bit confused, though. The front page of that site does say: "Alien Species Wiki is a website containing information on any alien creature ever imagined by mankind", but then says: "However, we do not allow fanon here, but instead we encourage users to add their fanon to one of our our sister projects, Extraterrestrial Fanon Wiki, Alien Fanon Wiki or Multiverses wiki (more discriminating), which are specialized in dealing with it." Bold in original but kept for emphasis. So that might imply aliens from other fictional dimensions, rather than fictional planets in our own, aren't supposed to go on that wiki.

But that's for them to decide (also kind of sounds like only "fanon" or fanfic aliens would go on the other site, but Matoran would be allowed because they're from LEGO). Simple answer is still yes, Matoran are (artificial) aliens. :) Artificial life made by aliens, specifically.

Edited by bonesiii, Jan 06 2014 - 08:26 AM.

#6 Offline Krane

Krane
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 333 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 09:49 AM

They are an artificial alien species created by a toy company called LEGO xD

But still, I'll have to agree to bonesii on this one.

~Kranan 

~BZPRPG Profiles

Dual Matrix: Sup?

CeeCee    :  Dual, you spammer

Kranan      : Wut wut wut 

AutomationKranan plz stop

#7 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 838 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 12:03 PM

I'm really feeling the need to totally rewrite that wiki page... :P But anyway, to humans, any species not from this planet would be considered an alien species, even though Matoran are technically an artificial species. 

Edited by XONAR, Jan 06 2014 - 12:03 PM.

-XONARsig.png

mnolg_dvd_bzp_banner_2.jpg

Feel free to add this banner to your sig!

#8 Offline Princess Anna of Arendelle

Princess Anna of Arendelle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,676 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 02:40 PM

You have to wonder why Bohrok are in there, considering that they're entirely machines. I suppose the krana could be considered alien but the Bohrok themselves are really just pieces of technology. '

Then again, Av-matoran turn into Bohrok when they die...(which still is one of the most bizarre things ever)

Edited by Yoko Littner, Jan 06 2014 - 02:41 PM.

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Novan | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

d8jd4ms7xgv9wdefg.jpg?size_id=5

#9 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 02:49 PM

They are alien to our universe.  Therefore they belong.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#10 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 946 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 02:50 PM

If somehow Matoran got to earth, then yes, they would be aliens.

I suppose they could also be considered aliens to those on Bara Magna?

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

#11 Offline LordofBionicles

LordofBionicles
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 526 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 02:56 PM

I think if we classify alines as oranic beings form another planet then the Matoran wouldn't count because they´re biomechanical and not entirely organic, but what about Agori?

Edited by LordofBionicles, Jan 06 2014 - 02:56 PM.

brb_title_finished_1.png

#12 Offline Sykreos the Challenger

Sykreos the Challenger
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,702 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 03:31 PM

Honestly, they sound like aliens to me. After reading the wiki page, they seemed like an alien species. Besides, they're from a planet different from ours. Greg Farshtey himself said that BIONICLE doesn't take place on planet Earth.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#13 Offline ~ShadowBolt~

~ShadowBolt~
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,008 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 03:57 PM

I guess you could see it that way.

Posted Image
Thanks to Argetlam for the Banner

#14 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,605 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 06 2014 - 10:50 PM

I think if we classify alines as oranic beings form another planet then the Matoran wouldn't count because they´re biomechanical and not entirely organic, but what about Agori?

Yes -- because Agori are entirely organic by nature but are given implants. Like, a non-evil version of the Borg. :P (They do have naturally metallic bones but not "mechanical" bones; they just grow that way.)

I would personally still count Matoran, though, because "alien" is supposed to mean "different from us." But it's semantics, and ultimately up to whoever runs that wiki to decide.

#15 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 5,382 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2014 - 12:21 AM

I guess I just find it confusing because Matoran don't actually exist in the same universe as Earth, meaning that it's not possible at all to have any encounters or such between the two in story.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva, Jan 07 2014 - 12:21 AM.

What I think everytime I see this promo picture

pohatu_is_a_wuss.gif

My BZPRPG profiles - Kirgan, Viima, Jarkale, Tuli, Hile, Lai LaiSurina, Khervos, Teede

#16 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,771 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 07 2014 - 02:07 PM

I guess I just find it confusing because Matoran don't actually exist in the same universe as Earth, meaning that it's not possible at all to have any encounters or such between the two in story.

We haven't encountered any real aliens in real life; it seems that the wiki is logging fictional aliens. I'm not sure it's possible to encounter any fictional aliens in real life. 

#17 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,605 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 07 2014 - 02:16 PM

This really is irrelevant to the fact that Matoran are not humans. :)

#18 Offline You just lost the game

You just lost the game
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,336 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2014 - 12:45 PM

From mankind's perspective, the Matoran would be considered aliens.

ron_burgundy.jpg?w=500                

#19 Offline MechaAshura20

MechaAshura20
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 8 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2014 - 10:56 PM

That's funny; I just found bios about Mudokons on that wiki.

#20 Offline Kayru

Kayru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 754 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2014 - 04:42 PM

Nonhuman species that exist on a planet other than Earth. Sounds like the most basic definition of aliens to me.

signature.png

Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 Offline Collector1

Collector1
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 279 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 21 2014 - 05:37 PM

I would say no, but they are aliens in a sense to the newly formed Spherus Magna.

Edited by Heehvan, Jan 21 2014 - 05:38 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users