Matoran are aliens?

Toatapio Nuva

I was browsing through a wiki I discovered, Alien Species wiki, when I stumbled upon this page.

I found it funny to find Bionicle mentioned on a wiki completely unrelated to Lego. Would you classify Matoran as an alien species? It does make sense in some ways, but I guess I'm not used to that line of thinking. What do you think?

Actually Matoran being aliens would make sense because in Bionicle Mask of Light (the movie) at the start Turaga Vakama was telling the tale of the Matoran; In the time before time on the mysterious island of Mata Nui, the Great Spirit descended carrying we called the Matoran we were seperate without purpose, so the great spirit illuminated us with the three virtues: unity, duty, destiny. And in gratitude named our island home Mata Nui after the Great Spirit himself. But our happiness was not to last, for Mata Nui's brother the Makuta was jealous of these honors and betrayed him, casting Mata Nui into a deep slumber. The Makuta was free to unleash his shadows and unleash them... he did.

Woe, got a little off topic there, but you get the idea...and if you don't than I will tell you. The idea was that the great spirit descended, from where, another planet such as Bara Magna which has a similar species type?!

Well yes, to us they would be aliens if we existed in the same reality, but even though we don't I think it's safe to say that they can be considered alien life.

Alien Species Wiki, though? Really? :P I think I've been there once before... don't they have a bunch of errors on the Toa page or something? :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

By the definition of "not human" of course they are. I'm a bit confused, though. The front page of that site does say: "Alien Species Wiki is a website containing information on any alien creature ever imagined by mankind", but then says: "However, we do not allow fanon here, but instead we encourage users to add their fanon to one of our our sister projects, Extraterrestrial Fanon Wiki, Alien Fanon Wiki or Multiverses wiki (more discriminating), which are specialized in dealing with it." Bold in original but kept for emphasis. So that might imply aliens from other fictional dimensions, rather than fictional planets in our own, aren't supposed to go on that wiki.

But that's for them to decide (also kind of sounds like only "fanon" or fanfic aliens would go on the other site, but Matoran would be allowed because they're from LEGO). Simple answer is still yes, Matoran are (artificial) aliens. :) Artificial life made by aliens, specifically.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

You have to wonder why Bohrok are in there, considering that they're entirely machines. I suppose the krana could be considered alien but the Bohrok themselves are really just pieces of technology. '

Then again, Av-matoran turn into Bohrok when they die...(which still is one of the most bizarre things ever)

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Honestly, they sound like aliens to me. After reading the wiki page, they seemed like an alien species. Besides, they're from a planet different from ours. Greg Farshtey himself said that BIONICLE doesn't take place on planet Earth.

mindeth the cobwebs

I think if we classify alines as oranic beings form another planet then the Matoran wouldn't count because they´re biomechanical and not entirely organic, but what about Agori?

Yes -- because Agori are entirely organic by nature but are given implants. Like, a non-evil version of the Borg. :P (They do have naturally metallic bones but not "mechanical" bones; they just grow that way.)

I would personally still count Matoran, though, because "alien" is supposed to mean "different from us." But it's semantics, and ultimately up to whoever runs that wiki to decide.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I guess I just find it confusing because Matoran don't actually exist in the same universe as Earth, meaning that it's not possible at all to have any encounters or such between the two in story.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

I guess I just find it confusing because Matoran don't actually exist in the same universe as Earth, meaning that it's not possible at all to have any encounters or such between the two in story.

We haven't encountered any real aliens in real life; it seems that the wiki is logging fictional aliens. I'm not sure it's possible to encounter any fictional aliens in real life.

This really is irrelevant to the fact that Matoran are not humans. :)