Lego Simpsons

Adventurer

Sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere (didn't see any news story on this?) but what do we know about the Lego Simpsons set images that have surfaced recently? How legitimate are they? If so is anyone else's childhood merchandising dream coming true? :P I must admit the criticisms of the minifigures looking a bit awkward is justified but as I've heard explained before that always tends to happen when translating the Simpsons' characters into 3D. Either way I'm excited. :)

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

Sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere (didn't see any news story on this?) but what do we know about the Lego Simpsons set images that have surfaced recently? How legitimate are they? If so is anyone else's childhood merchandising dream coming true? :P I must admit the criticisms of the minifigures looking a bit awkward is justified but as I've heard explained before that always tends to happen when translating the Simpsons' characters into 3D. Either way I'm excited. :)

They look perfectly legitimate, albeit clearly leaked (by the same prolific leaker who shared MetalBeard's Sea Cow last week). I'm not a fan of the Simpsons, so I'm unlikely to get the set. But even so, it looks fantastic, setting a new standard for fully-furnished Lego houses.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

From what I've heard, Lego Simpsons will be a normal licensed 2014 line, yeah... some people have said that it's going to be minifigures-only, some have said there'll be sets. I personally don't care much for the Simpsons, but it's interesting, I guess.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

From what I've heard, Lego Simpsons will be a normal licensed 2014 line, yeah... some people have said that it's going to be minifigures-only, some have said there'll be sets. I personally don't care much for the Simpsons, but it's interesting, I guess.

According to the original press release, there's going to be one minifigure series and one set (the house) in the initial release, and that's it. But there's room for expansion if those are successful.

When you say minifugre series is that as in packets of minifugres you can collect? I suspect they will be pretty popular and some more playsets will come around. At last I hope so anyway. :P

That is correct. A full set of sixteen minifigures will be released later this year (which is probably why many figs in this set generally have "sleepy" eyes, and why some features like Lisa's saxophone are missing; the "definitive" versions of these figs may well be exclusive to the minifigures series.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

While I'm not personally a fan of the Simpsons, I am still very impressed with the set. The size of the house and the detail in all the rooms blew me away. My only worry at this point would be the cost. I feel as though size wise it may be comparable to a modular kit, however I don't know if that price range is a good fit for a simpsons kit.

• 4 weeks later...

While I'm not personally a fan of the Simpsons, I am still very impressed with the set. The size of the house and the detail in all the rooms blew me away. My only worry at this point would be the cost. I feel as though size wise it may be comparable to a modular kit, however I don't know if that price range is a good fit for a simpsons kit.

Yeah I think since it has so much collectible value and that it's the only set they can get away with it, for example I was put off getting many of the Lord of the Rings sets not so much by the prices but by the fact there was so many of them. I think a single expensive set is better for a collector such as myself than a lot of cheaper ones. :P

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^