Is anyone sick of Alpha 1 Team

Alright so we have seen the Alpha 1 Team from the 1.0 to now (that is the 2014 IFB), so i like to know if anyone is sick of seeing that team over and over again and do you want to see a different Hero Team like Zed 4 because with BIONICLE, they used different Toa team like the Metru and Inika (not just for story) and with story it can add something new to there story and add a lot more things to make some new things. so do you want to see a different Hero Team and why.

For me i don't mind seeing a different Hero Team because it is good to see LEGO using one Team but it'll be great to see something different and have a different Team that we can get to know about that team story and for set it be good to have different Color, Weapons and Helmets.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Well, in a way yes, its nice to see something new. But IMO, HF reuses the same characters as it can spur people to 'collect' their favourite hero(s). I mean, if you already have for example the first 2 renditions of Furno, wouldn't that be a motivating factor for you to want to get the third one?

From another angle, younger kids get to 'root' for their favourite hero. Using the same characters actually makes the story (or whatever semblance of one) easier to follow.

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

Honestly, no, I'm not. I don't think there's anything wrong with sticking with one team for the long term, especially when each year's story tends to be only a fraction of the length of many BIONICLE story years.

Furthermore, I feel like switching to focus on another completely unfamiliar team would be a tremendous waste of the character development the heroes of Alpha 1 Team have managed to obtain over the years. It's taken four years to get to know these characters as well as we have, and I feel like the story would be far less engaging if it switched to new characters we'd barely heard of.

Even BIONICLE, to its credit, didn't force us to deal with an entirely new cast of characters in any year prior to 2009. The main protagonists for each previous year (Toa Nuva, Toa Metru, Toa Hordika, Toa Inika, Toa Mahri) were invariably characters who had been established in 2001 or 2002 who were now being fleshed out and put through new challenges. The radical change in setting and cast with no immediately obvious connection to what had come before is, from what I've seen, one of the most heavily criticized aspects of the 2009 BIONICLE storyline, at least among long-time fans.

Establishing the new team of heroes in terms of personality could also be a challenging thing. The existing Alpha 1 Team heroes already cover a diverse range of personalities. Establishing a brand-new team would mean having to create characters who feel brand new in spite of inevitable comparisons to the ones who had come before them. Just look at how many Avatar: The Last Airbender fans have accused the characters of The Legend of Korra of being inferior clones of the A:TLA cast in terms of personality. It would be that much more challenging to create a team that stands apart from the previous team in a simple, toy-based theme like Hero Factory where story media isn't even produced in enough quantity to yield that same depth of characterization.

Now, there is one advantage that could come about by switching to a new team of heroes, that being greater diversity. It would be great if constraction themes could have better gender ratios — BIONICLE's tendency to have just one female hero in any team of six was bad enough, but having just one female hero in a team of nine is downright pitiful. But at the same time, I am not certain bringing in a whole new team would be the best way to deal with this. And I certainly don't think that the LEGO Group is itching for an opportunity to incorporate more female characters in the theme. Even if we did get a new team, I imagine that for sales and marketing reasons the LEGO Group would establish and maintain the same imbalanced gender ratios.

I don't mind it. HF gets a reasonable amount of new characters, and it has so many that it can't feature all of its characters in sets at any given time. I would rather see the neglected of the Alpha One, people not named Furno and Stormer and Rocka *cough* get a chance to be in the sets and go on a mission.

I don't mind it. HF gets a reasonable amount of new characters, and it has so many that it can't feature all of its characters in sets at any given time. I would rather see the neglected of the Alpha One, people not named Furno and Stormer and Rocka *cough* get a chance to be in the sets and go on a mission.

As of 2014, that also includes characters not named Evo. :P

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

-Gata signoff.png

It does not, however, include such fine characters such as Breez, Surge, Stringer, and Nex. :)

-Gata signoff.png

It does not, however, include such fine characters such as Breez, Surge, Stringer, and Nex. :)

Hey guys what about... uummmmm... who was that new guy again, I think the guy name was "They Didn't Gave Me A Name Bob"

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I think, if done right, a character change would be very welcome to me. I've found myself collecting many of the Breez figures just to get more feminine masks to use on other MOCs, and it would be great to see a team with a few more females in a few more colors. Even if they released a team that had all the same helmets, but with different colors, I would be just fine. The problem is making the change well. I envision incorporating a few more characters, phasing out some of the ones we haven't seen for a while, and then having these new characters form their own team, perhaps with Nex and Evo. The new Invasion from Below storyline would be a great time to introduce them, as we have opportunities to have many characters in a few sets, teaming them up like Splitterbeast vs. Evo and Furno. If the sets ever go back to a figure-based theme, rather than mechs, we could have a new team fairly easily, and it could incorporate some of the new design introduced in the new animations. Hopefully we can get some new pieces, new helmets, and then end up with a new team we still know fairly well, and many people would be happy. We could still give Alpha I an appearance in a few of the episodes as well.

I feel like 2011 handled new characters properly. Nex, Evo, and Rocka were interesting new characters, but we still got to see our old favorites. That being said, Nex and Evo weren't explored near as much as Rocka was.

A new team would, I think, be too much. Perhaps there would be a line where the first half of the year is half-Alpha 1 and half-another team, and the second half releases the other halves, like BIONICLE in 2008, but maybe it would be too convoluted. I see no flaw with rotating out the Alpha 1 characters.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!