BZPower Flickr Contest Kicks Off

Did you know that BZPower has a <a href='http://www.flickr.com/groups/bzpower' target='offsite'>Flickr group</a>? Well we do! To start things off, we're running <a href='http://www.flickr.com/groups/bzpower/discuss/72157639497629416/' target='offsite'>a contest</a> to find an image for our header, offering up a copy of 8923 Hydraxon to make it worthwhile. There's no theme - it just has to be a creation you haven't posted on BZPower. Pretty simple if you ask me. You've got until January 21st to enter, so head on over there to check out the rules and enter!

View the full article

I have so many great ideas that would be perfect for this contest, but I'm in the middle of a "Builder's Block," and haven't been able to put things together for weeks! I hope it passes and I can enter! Sounds like a great idea for a contest.

Say whaaaaaat? That sounds like a really creative idea for a contest. Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be able to enter. I've had an infuriating enough time coming up with a header image for my OWN Flickr page. The way header images on Flickr behave is obnoxious and frustrating. There are only certain kinds of subject matter that seem to work well as Flickr headers, and I never did manage to come up with anything that really characterizes me as a LEGO fan and still works appropriately with that asinine layout. Coming up with a header that characterizes a whole site full of LEGO fans with diverse interests is a whole different ball game!

Say whaaaaaat? That sounds like a really creative idea for a contest. Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be able to enter. I've had an infuriating enough time coming up with a header image for my OWN Flickr page. The way header images on Flickr behave is obnoxious and frustrating. There are only certain kinds of subject matter that seem to work well as Flickr headers, and I never did manage to come up with anything that really characterizes me as a LEGO fan and still works appropriately with that asinine layout. Coming up with a header that characterizes a whole site full of LEGO fans with diverse interests is a whole different ball game!

Don't think about it too much - we're just looking for an awesome MOC. You can probably expect to see more of these contests in the future, so I don't expect our background image to stay the same for too long.

Super glad I have an MoC ready to go that hasn't been posted yet! Love how many contests and challenges we're having as of late, really sparked the creativity again for me.

Edit: If I read this right, we have to click "Join Group", then be invited into the group, then post a picture, then put the entry post on the Flickr page? Not here on BZP (obviously a topic would make sense here for general viewing)? Never worked with Flickr before but this looks like a good time to learn. :P

Edited by Torran

Yeah, I definitely read that as 'BZPower Flickfire Contest.' Which also sounds like it could be cool.

Anyway, I have absolutely nothing to enter, but I'm looking forward to seeing what other people throw out. And looking forward to seeing what sort of pictures get used for the Flickr

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Super glad I have an MoC ready to go that hasn't been posted yet! Love how many contests and challenges we're having as of late, really sparked the creativity again for me.

Edit: If I read this right, we have to click "Join Group", then be invited into the group, then post a picture, then put the entry post on the Flickr page? Not here on BZP (obviously a topic would make sense here for general viewing)? Never worked with Flickr before but this looks like a good time to learn. :P

You do have to join the group, yes. But there's no approval process, you can get in automatically. Then you have to add a picture of your MOC to the group, and then post a link to it in the Flickr discussion that I linked to in the news story. Pretty straightforward I think!

Fantastic idea! I'll see if I can find something to enter. The Flickr group is also a great idea. While I'm pretty sure you had already mentioned it at some point, I totally forgot about it. :P Let's see if we can get some activity in there. ^_^

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^