Pretty Sailor Scout Hahli Husky

dviddy

hh00.jpg

hh01.jpg_thumb.jpg | hh02.jpg_thumb.jpg | hh04.jpg_thumb.jpg | hh05.jpg_thumb.jpg

This is a MOC visualization of my friend Becca.

I didn't intend to go so Sailor Moon on it originally, but as I built I guess it just started to happen. Which is fitting, since she's the biggest Sailor Moon dork I know (<3). Once I settled on that theme, I wanted it to look like Sailor Scout inspired armour (so not like she's in a sailor schoolgirl outfit itself, but armour fashioned to look like it). I hope that came across.

So now she's Pretty Sailor Scout Hahli Husky.

This MOC is amongst my tallest humanoid builds- it stands at 13 inches to the tip of the ears. It's about three inches taller than Janus was (which is ironic since they are married in real life, and he is nearly a foot taller than she).

• Upvote 5

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Wow.. that is rather impressive.. I am surprised how well the yellow blends with the gold. Also nice touch using the swords as a form of hair. Although what exactly is the chain of claws around her waist suppose to be may i ask? Just a fancy belt?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

So at first I thought this was just another normal DeeVee build, but then I looked at the other pictures. I love the detailing on the sides to fill in the gaps with the 1x1 and 1x2 plats with teeth and the 2x2 rounded tile - it just blends so perfectly. And the bow on the back is just perfect. I like the use of the Ninjago spinner piece as well.

While obviously you had to go with the Kau Kau, I'm not sure how much I like the trans-yellow. Part of me wants to say you should have used some more yellow in the MOC to help it blend in, but I also feel like that wouldn't have gone well with the gold. Maybe a blue Kau Kau and then replace some of the black and grey with blue as well (or the white - blue shoes or something) could work.

Overall you continue to impress with your techniques, and I can't wait to see what you make next!

• Upvote 2

The design is very nice and smooth, with good intigration of HF elements. I especially like the "belt" or whatever, although at first I thought it was made out of banana pieces, but it's still awesome. :P However, my one complaint is that the head looks like its positioned too far back on the body. I can't tell if it's just something with the picture angle (since its similiar for your three front facing images) and maybe it looks better IRL. (I guess you'll have to bring it to the next LUG meeting.) But besides that, it looks pretty awesome. Good job!

:music:

I was going to congratulate you on the triumphant return of the shelf chest but I guess this doesn't really count, does it? :P

Once again, another great MOC! I like how you used the HF chestplate to shape the waist and chest in a way I've never seen before! I'm not completely sold on the design of the short skirt, but it's effective, I suppose. All in all there's a lot of great shaping and neat little designs going on here, especially with embellishments such as the bow on the back.

• Upvote 1

wuhdang I am not even remotely let down by the finished piece

I'm kind of at a loss for words here. I could say any number of great thing about all the little details and construction techniques. In particular I'm impressed by the use of red axles to add the perfect touch of color on the staff and the incredibly smart balance of grey and black in the arms and legs, the recurring shapes and techniques to create a consistent visual flow from the frill of the skirt to the tips of the sleeves and boots, the hero factory armour to create primary shapes balanced by the secondary motifs in the gold ninjago highlights and supporting system construction, just holy wow. There's nothing to hate about the stunning shape and visual movement you've got going here.

(oh and I know you swapped out the kaukau because it's yellow and all but I have to say that the translucence really brings attention to the face with a vibe that strongly implies magical girl so intentional or not I really really love it)

(now make me one you nerd)

Wow.. that is rather impressive.. I am surprised how well the yellow blends with the gold. Also nice touch using the swords as a form of hair. Although what exactly is the chain of claws around her waist suppose to be may i ask? Just a fancy belt?

(pretty sure that's a skirt yo)

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Whoa okay so I've told you a bazillion times that I LOVE it but I just realized the skirt makes me think of another woman I absolutely love in her banana skirt:

tumblr_inline_mjxf49fB2J1qz4rgp.jpg

So additional points for you ~

Thank you for not making it a Gali/Hahli clone or overloading on blue. I mean my screen name is a junior high leftover and all. The Ninjago spinner piece on the back made me laugh but it looks really cool, too. Love the staff. Being taller than Janus in at least one AU is fantastic; all we need now is a side-by-side comparison to rub it in.

Ughhhh I'm so excited to be a Sailor Scout ~

Edited by Hahli Husky

This MoC has a certain charm to it that you don't see everyday. I love how well the colors mix. You use some black and gray sparingly, in a way that doesn't completely throw off the color scheme. I also like the little details you added in that makes this MoC what it is; like the glorified skirt or the sword hair (which is good NPU). My only complaint is the waist and how the skirt doesn't completely fill in all the inner workings of it, and it is exposed. Other than that, the MoC is great. Good work!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the color scheme you have here. At least in this picture (and maybe just on my monitor), the yellow mask and gold highlights hardly clash at all. I actually thought the mask was gold for a second.

Solid work! I've always liked your style of MOCs and this one doesn't disappoint at all.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

• 5 weeks later...

You know i have to admit at first i did not know those were bananas.. actually thought those were some kind of Claw pieces from like a hero factory set yet now I can clearly see they were banana pieces which is great. And you know it is truly amazing that you made said banana's into a skirt and that's why I love bananas! Such multi-purpose fruits.

Still a truly amazing moc despite. Though the yellow kaukau blends wonderfully with the secondary gold colors.. I still miss the original bronzy gold.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.