LEGO Officially Reveals 71006 The Simpsons House

71006_Simpsons_House_teaser.jpg

You might have seen the leaked photos earlier this week, but LEGO has decided to officially take the wraps off of 71006 The Simpson House, a set that will commemorate the 25th anniversary of the TV show. It's an impressive milestone that deserves an impressive set, and I think LEGO has certainly delivered here. Packed with details, this set is a must-buy for any Simpsons fan. The set will be on display at the Grand Opening of the LEGO Store in Disneyland Paris on January 14th, but you can see the pictures, watch the designer video, and read the full press release right now if you read on!

View the full article

I was cynical about this line when it was announced, but it's hard not to be impressed by this set. The scale and accuracy is remarkable; they really haven't missed anything or cut any corners with it. It looks like one of the most realistic sets ever created.

I'm a little dismayed by the price, however.

*Simpsons geekmode kicks in.*

The interior isn't as good a likeness as I would have hoped. Its missing several rooms: the dining room, the second sitting room with a fireplace, the basement (Guess I didn't expect them to have that). Also the famous opening sequence where Homer runs through the door in the back of the Garage wouldn't work. No door.

I guess the exterior looks are more important, and they're done pretty well. Its missing the exterior basement doors, and I would've liked to see the treehouse with it.

I'm not quite sure who this is directed at. It strikes me as a fun toy for children who watch the simpsons, but with its high price tag, that doesn't seem right.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I'm a little dismayed by the price, however.

2500+ pieces for $200 is a pretty good deal, especially with all those new minifig molds. It's a lot of money, but it actually seems like a pretty decent value.

I realise it's consistent with the model's size, but a high price is a high price all the same. And with so many other sets priced far lower I can't see this selling very well.

I'm not quite sure who this is directed at. It strikes me as a fun toy for children who watch the simpsons, but with its high price tag, that doesn't seem right.

From what I can tell, it seems primarily aimed at adult fans. We don't normally get sets of this kind of quality in other themes aimed mostly at kids (I would pay this kind of money for a Spongebob set of this quality and level of detail, for instance, but I don't think the market's there). That said, there's likely going to be a lot of parents buying this for their kids. Perhaps the sales of sets like last year's Tower of Orthanc and Ewok Village helped to prove to Lego that there's enough of a market for sets of this size among adult fans and kids alike.

Keep in mind, too, that this is going to be the only option for Simpsons fans apart from the Minifigures series, which could boost its sales significantly compared to if there were a full product line accompanying it.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

No way I'm going to be able to resist buying this

The interior isn't as good a likeness as I would have hoped. Its missing several rooms: the dining room, the second sitting room with a fireplace, the basement (Guess I didn't expect them to have that). Also the famous opening sequence where Homer runs through the door in the back of the Garage wouldn't work. No door.

I guess the exterior looks are more important, and they're done pretty well. Its missing the exterior basement doors, and I would've liked to see the treehouse with it.

Doesn't the design of the house change over time anyway? In the first seasons anyway I'm pretty sure I've seen rooms next to each other become separated and what not. I'm guessing once the series gained popularity they came up with a more consistent design to appease fans? :P

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

No way I'm going to be able to resist buying this

Doesn't the design of the house change over time anyway? In the first seasons anyway I'm pretty sure I've seen rooms next to each other become separated and what not. I'm guessing once the series gained popularity they came up with a more consistent design to appease fans? :P

In any case, this set is already pushing it in terms of price point. Throw in a dining room and a couple more living rooms and bathrooms and suddenly it is a perfect set that no one can afford to buy.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...