Paladin of Light

So, this guy was uploaded towards the end of August/beginning of September. Got erased due to the downtime. I've been wanting to re-upload the MOC because I feel it's one of my few tangible accomplishments when it comes to MOCing. He's also my Self-MOC.

Moving on....

Remember him?

9636831500_4a04b46276.jpg

MOCpages

Brief backstory:

"All Lumi must die. When a Lumi has fulfilled his purpose in this Universe, his Vessel form is taken to the birthplace of his Ancestors, where he is given enough energy and time to carve out his own burial chamber. No-one else is there to grieve his death, and he passes on, unlamented.

Our tragic hero, after being "killed" in Phantom Terror's The Adventures of Sandstorm, is taken to his Home Planet, where he witnesses the deserted ruins of his Predecessors, marvelling at the sights of the enormous structures they had constructed in the peak of their civilization.

He journeys on to his House's burial grounds. He sees his Wall, the wall he must tear down to bring his weakened body to eternal rest. He picks up the Hammer, the sacred artifact that the Lumi use to destroy the wall, which is rebuilt as soon as the Lumi is in his chamber, and has closed his eyes one last time. However, the Hammer disappears in a blinding flash of light. A light that even a Being of the Light cannot bear to witness.

He is transported to a massive, dark, dome-shaped chamber, with only a pillar of light in its center, shining at a statue that bears significant resemblance to our hero. Much larger in size, and with mysterious-looking armor of crimson and gold.

A thunderous voice breaks the deafening silence.

"You have not yet fulfilled your purpose, Sevla. Now, don the Paladin's Armor, and rise to your Destiny."

Baffled, Sevla looks around frantically to try and locate the source of this sound.

Another flash of blinding light takes him by surprise. Suddenly, Sevla is Reanimated. In his hand, a glorious Claymore is held. It has the word Belligerence engraved upon its blade. Sevla now knows what he must do to finally fulfill his purpose, and save the remaining Lumi from the fate that awaits them."

This is a little different from the previous back story, but I feel that this one is written in a slightly more mature style.

Now, onto the MOC. I really love what I've done with it. There are many techniques I've used here unlike anything else I've ever done. This is thanks to a Bricklink order that I've made at the start of last summer. I now have plenty of pearl gold, as opposed to none at all previously :P

The proportions kind of remind me of Optimus Prime for some reason. Don't ask me why I said that. Just in case someone says something about the freakishly long legs (Which I actually happen to like on this guy.)

I was very pleased with how he ended up looking, but I still think there's room for improvement. Perhaps stronger joints and a bit more streamlining will do him great. I'm eager to know what you guys think, so C&C as always!

Stay tuned for more MOC's till the end of January, including a PBZP and an apology MOC (Chro will know what I'm talking about) :P

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei
  • Upvote 8

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Definitely one of your best! The sword is epic and the torso construction is incredible. I can't stop thinking that the golden spot at the top of his head is an eye for some reason. :/

including a PBZP

Mine? :P

No. It's Voxumo's. But wait. Am I making one for you? Oh wait...

I made one which was horrible and I never had the guts to post it. Would you still like me to make another one?

As for the MOC, thanks! And NO! That thing on his helmet is not an eye, and it will never be! :P

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible. I love that head, that face. Definitely my favourite part of the MOC. Great colour scheme, too, though the gold from the Knights Kingdom is a shade off. I love the body, arms, and legs, though I must say they are rather long, which makes it look a little odd, but not bad.

I just can't stop staring into those glowing white eyes... :drool:

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

Incredible. I love that head, that face. Definitely my favourite part of the MOC. Great colour scheme, too, though the gold from the Knights Kingdom is a shade off. I love the body, arms, and legs, though I must say they are rather long, which makes it look a little odd, but not bad.

I just can't stop staring into those glowing white eyes... :drool:

=)

Glad you like it! I know what you mean about the Knights Kingdom copper gold. It's what I could manage, though. Also, I don't think they exist in Pearl Gold anyway; wish I'd known when I got them from BrickLink :/

Thanks for your comment :D

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying to remain true to Sevla's original proportions; he had a considerably short torso. It's kind of an intended design feature, so that's why it's like that now.

Thanks anyways!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, this is amazing.

The head design is great as are the arms, legs, torso, there's almost nothing not love.

While, at first, I too was a bit turned off by the unusual long legs (when compared to the arms) I don't see why

he can't have those proportions.

intriguing use of pieces like the Golden Armor on the feet, and Rocka head on the sword.

Great work man, hope to see more of them in the future.

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Just when I thought no-one would post on my topics :P

Although the length of the legs feels a little off, this is one incredible build. The color scheme looks great, and I absolutely love the design of the head. The sword is also pretty awesome, too.

I realised that a lot of people would kind of stand against the longish legs, but they've been designed to remain as true as possible to the original version's proportions. I kinda like the legs a bit longer than normal on my MOC's in general; it helps give them a distinguished feel I believe.

Thank you ever so much for your feedback!

Oh man, this is amazing.

The head design is great as are the arms, legs, torso, there's almost nothing not love.

While, at first, I too was a bit turned off by the unusual long legs (when compared to the arms) I don't see why

he can't have those proportions.

intriguing use of pieces like the Golden Armor on the feet, and Rocka head on the sword.

Great work man, hope to see more of them in the future.

About the legs, you're also one of the stark majority who doesn't like them. Maybe I could do something about them in future versions. Thanks a lot! If you click the pic of the chimera on my sig, you'll be directed to my most recent MOC. Have a look at it! And expect more to come! Thanks again :D

• 3 weeks later...

An excellent build! It looks incredible, and I'm most certainly imprssed by the whole thing. I like how you used the tooth pieces for the eyes, if I'm seeing them correctly - though I'll agree with some of these other folks that the legs seem a little wonky to me.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

An excellent build! It looks incredible, and I'm most certainly imprssed by the whole thing. I like how you used the tooth pieces for the eyes, if I'm seeing them correctly - though I'll agree with some of these other folks that the legs seem a little wonky to me.

Thank you. The legs are a design choice, as said in some of the above choice, and they're actually not as wonky as they seem. I happen to quite like the aesthetics of them to be honest, because they use some really clever techniques for armor. As for the face, I think you would like to know that I came up with this design out of absolute necessity, because I had a handful of sets to work with at the time. Never realized it'd be such a hit haha!

• 3 weeks later...

I like this MOC. I would not have put the gold stud on the Inika thigh armor on the forehead, as it draws my attention more than the tooth pieces, causing me to view it as the eye. I don't really notice the copper/pearl discrepancy unless I'm looking for it, though. I also must disagree with everyone else about the long legs. I actually like them. I like the giant sword and his cape. Good work!

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

I like this MOC. I would not have put the gold stud on the Inika thigh armor on the forehead, as it draws my attention more than the tooth pieces, causing me to view it as the eye. I don't really notice the copper/pearl discrepancy unless I'm looking for it, though. I also must disagree with everyone else about the long legs. I actually like them. I like the giant sword and his cape. Good work!

Thanks! It means a lot to me that the proportions still retain some appeal :D