It's a Bird, it's a Plane, it's...

Torran

...Well it's more or less a plane, yeah.

Presenting the Protoh T1!

(Having a bit of trouble resizing photos at the moment so we're stuck with links)

Ta-da

This ship was sent to BrickFair Alabama 2014 (just this past week!) for display. It's a sort of prototype to the Karda Nui battle vehicles (hence the name). Fits Pohatu Mata. Armed with a single blaster, located at the nose of the ship.

Brickshelf - Flickr

Happy building!

Edit: This MoC is an entry of the BZP Flickr Contest!

Edited by Torran

I was a little hesitant when I clicked on the page, but when I did, I was completely baffled how great this MoC looks! It fits the style of the other jet-sets that came out in 2008, but the overall look is so much better. My favorite part is definitely the seat. I would have never thought of it, and is so creative. I also love the little details you included; the handle to hold it, the fan at the bottom, but most of all the engine in the front. Brilliant MoC!

I was a little hesitant when I clicked on the page, but when I did, I was completely baffled how great this MoC looks! It fits the style of the other jet-sets that came out in 2008, but the overall look is so much better. My favorite part is definitely the seat. I would have never thought of it, and is so creative. I also love the little details you included; the handle to hold it, the fan at the bottom, but most of all the engine in the front. Brilliant MoC!

Thank you, I definitely didn't think it was better than the 2008 sets, but I appreciate that. What made you hesitant?

Lots of people really liked it at the event! It was really cool to hold and definitely captured the feel of the 2008 vehicles. What it really needs is a rider - you should get on that!

I tried to build a rider that would look comfortable, but faced a few challenges that couldn't be overcome in time for the convention. I'll see what cooks up in the next few weeks, though!

Edited by Torran

Without an actual rider, its hard to tell, but I personally think the seat looks a little out of place. It seems to upright for something that looks like it should be pretty fast. Only Jetrax had a proper seat on the real sets, and that only worked because there was a full cockpit. I think this MOC would work better with a bike type riding position, like on Rockoh and Axalara. Other than that point, this thing looks very good. I like the turbine pieces underneath, makes it look like it has vertical take off. It actually looks like you've thought about how its technical workings should relate to its appearance, because you've got the engine at the front, and then those pipes leading down to the back.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't