• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Posting location problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ahi

Ahi
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14-March 13
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2014 - 04:48 PM

Hello Bzpower staff, I have a quick (and probably stupid) question about where something goes, because I don't want to post it in the wrong spot and get in trouble.

I own a Bionicle themed Minecraft server that I want to post here on the forums, but I am not sure what Topic I should post it in. There were a couple that looked like good candidates, but I don't want to do it in the wrong one. 

Hope to get some resolution to this dilemma. Thanks for your time! ^^

#2 Offline Dragon.star

Dragon.star
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 16-February 13
  • 2,455 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2014 - 04:54 PM

The Fan created media would be your best choice, as there are some Minecraft topics there already.

#3 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Literally Kagome

• 05-February 03
  • 6,503 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 13 2014 - 05:01 PM

The Fan created media would be your best choice, as there are some Minecraft topics there already.

Mm, it seems Ahi's looking for a place to post server information. That wouldn't go in Fan-Created Media.

I recommend posting the info in the Official Minecraft Topic and in your signature.

If you are, however, looking to post any modifications or texture packs, then -

Does that help?

#4 Offline Underscore

Underscore
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 14-March 13
  • 677 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 13 2014 - 05:02 PM

Or in the Official Minecraft Topic. :)

[edit: Ha! Windy posting right when I was making this post. You can just ignore this post]

Edited by Oryx, Jan 13 2014 - 05:03 PM.

2xu8Ptu.png

#5 Offline Ahi

Ahi
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14-March 13
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2014 - 06:29 PM

Mm, it seems Ahi's looking for a place to post server information. That wouldn't go in Fan-Created Media.

I recommend posting the info in the Official Minecraft Topic and in your signature.

If you are, however, looking to post any modifications or texture packs, then -

Does that help?

A little ^^

I thought about posting it there, but considering it is in the off Topic forum, and my Server is sort of on topic, I was hoping it didn't have to get buried in there.

We are making a Massive Mata Nui map, and a texture pack with it. I could post it in Fan-Created Media and have the texture pack and map pictures posted in the thread as-well, if that doesn't break any posting rules.

#6 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Literally Kagome

• 05-February 03
  • 6,503 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 13 2014 - 06:33 PM

A little ^^

I thought about posting it there, but considering it is in the off Topic forum, and my Server is sort of on topic, I was hoping it didn't have to get buried in there.

We are making a Massive Mata Nui map, and a texture pack with it. I could post it in Fan-Created Media and have the texture pack and map pictures posted in the thread as-well, if that doesn't break any posting rules.

That's fair. To go that route, I'd recommend General Art, especially for texture packs. To post in Fan-Created Media, you'd need to have a download available - not just pictures.

It would be fine to include server details in your topic.

Edited by -Windrider-, Jan 13 2014 - 06:36 PM.

#7 Offline Ahi

Ahi
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14-March 13
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2014 - 12:16 AM

I spoke to Black Six, he told me General Discussion was a good spot for it, So I guess it will be going there. Thank you for your help guys, make sure to lookout for it! 

#8 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Literally Kagome

• 05-February 03
  • 6,503 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 14 2014 - 12:24 AM

All right. Since Black Six has spoken -

Topic closed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum