Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Tarnok "He's a bit strange." Tarnok said to Lojak bluntly. "Always has been.""Now if you'd please get off of my doorstep. I'm off.duty. And trying to bandage some burns.""If you need an inn, head that way. It's normally rather loud, but most people will be grieving at home."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Aar

Unfortunately for the Matoran, his shift had only just begun.

"Looks like we're accomplices now," he whispered with a grin. "I was thinking, we should have a symbol to represent our opposition to the snake. Something that doesn't mean anything out of context." He stopped walking and, with the point of his pickaxe, drew three lines that intersected to create a triangle where the lines didn't intersect at the tip. "Something like this."

OOC: Totally got that idea from the Ichthys.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Malcor, Jaceren, Ashala (Inn Onu-Koro)

"Yeah it is, but I'd take my chances." he grinned.

"We need somewhere to go, have any ideas?" he said turning to the Skakdi.

"Wherever we go we need to distance ourselves from this bar." she said as she began to stride away from the burning bar. "We don't need the locals thinking we are responsible either."

ooc: I meant I referenced your chars in my post, hoping for interaction

:kaukau: OOC: Alright. I'm not entirely sure if you're still with Tarnok or not, but make a move for interaction again and I'll be glad to open up.

IC: (Jloudo, Onu-Koro)

Jloudo went to the bridge that arched over the small stream going through the middle of Onu-Koro, pacing back and forth and mumbling to himself. That Tarnok was weird, yes indeedly how he was. Now he had a new problem, which was going off to find Duku without the help of the captain of the Ussalry. There was no logical course of action for him now, save of course from undergoing a surgery that transformed him into a Matoran, finding a Toa stone, and attaining a Kanohi Elda, but he had neither the resources nor the understanding of physics to pull that off, and he was really too nervous right now to put his mind straight to be the genius he could be anyway.

IC (Echelon)

Echelon accepted the book and immediately his thin fingers began to leaf through the pages, his eyes scouring every page for any mention of a group of Matoran that contained Pa, Ta and Ko-Matoran. But not a single entry matched the description. Not a single group of the correct size and elemental diversity had passed in or out of the Koro in the last two days. Echelon even flicked back a couple of days - still nothing.

He snapped the book closed, eyes narrowed.

"Nothing," he said. "There's no mention of them whatsoever. Wherever they are, they aren't here."

He gave Kyju a piercing look that the Onu-Matoran civil servant, looking the other way, couldn't see.

"I must go now," he said. "They must be found. Rest assured, once it is done, we will seek you out."

Echelon's words were sufficiently vague that they would probably not raise suspicion in the Matoran, while still conveying his message adequately.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Whorok

"Exactly; it's simple, yet practical and reliable, the perfect symbol of Onu-Matoran, or at least what they used to be" Whorok said, not bothering to lower his voice at this point, since him talking about the symbolism of mining tools was not unheard of.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC. Onu-Koroan Customs."Yes. Find the criminals and bring them to justice," he said, destroying any hint of suspicion. With that, he and the others parted ways, Kyju back to his home, Echelon and Zenix to their company.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

The Matoran nodded thoughtfully and drew another symbol in the dirt, a curved line intersected through the middle by the tip of a second, straight line. A simply likeness of a pickaxe.

He nodded, "Perfect." And with that, he started walking again, expecting his new friend to do the same. "I'm Aar, by the way. I don't think we've ever been formally introduced, though you're well-known enough for me to know your name."

BZPRPG Profiles

"Whorok" he responded with a nod "yes, you've probably heard of me, I think I've saved every miner in here at least once"

"My shift's done, but I often hang around anyway, so I can wait for your shift to be over, then we'll go find Tarnok"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I've only just started mine. I should be done in a bit under an hour. You don't have to feel obligated to wait for me. Maybe you could go find him, tell him my name, and come back to let me know what's new?"

He thought for a moment, "Or do you have the authority to excuse me from my shift early? That could work too."

Edited by Marius Pontmercy

BZPRPG Profiles

"I'm just a sentinel, not a captain, sorry" Whorok replied, though he did decide that maybe he should just leave and find Tarnok.

"I'll be going then, meet you at the tunnel entrance in an hour?"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: I've retconned the end of Vidar’s last post, once I realized what he’s supposed to do if he found something…

IC: Vidar – Onu-Wahi tunnel towards Onu-Koro

Vidar spent the past four minutes briskly searching the tunnels for Echelon and his crew, covering an amazing amount of ground in such little time. Once he saw the lights of civilization up ahead, the Parakuka-activated Toa skid to a halt. He obviously couldn’t enter the village, and he hadn’t expected Echelon’s team to be able to enter either.

Vidar deactivated his Parakuka and leaned against the dripping cave wall, discretely peering ahead into the underground village. Guards were stationed at the entrance as usual, watching people as they entered the dwelling. Vidar considered alternate possibilities, and slowly turned around and began to walk away from the village, in search of another tunnel that Echelon, Utu, and Zadron might have walked through.

OOC: GH, Snipe it's time to move. :sly:

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC (Cael)

The Toa of Water looked around, taking in the vast cavern that housed Onu-Koro, her eyes shining with the light of the countless lightstones that sparkled from the rock ceiling and walls like stars.

The village itself wouldn't have been much to write home about, if it weren't for the glowing crystals. The simple earth huts were plain and, for the most part, unadorned. A river ran through the Koro, and an austere bridge curved over it, bare of any railings or decoration. Lightstones were the sole source of illumination, whether jutting out of the roof of the cavern or set in brackets on walls, and they gave the village the appearance of being sprinkled with fallen constellations.

The four Toa walked through the village slowly but steadily, their pace torn between a desire for haste and the inclination to simply appreciate the uncomplicated, down-to-earth splendour of the underground city.

Cael hadn't been to Onu-Koro for decades, perhaps even for more than a century. She certainly hadn't visited since becoming a Toa. The village, even though it was buried in the earth, reminded her of Ga-Koro in a way: it was quiet, peaceful, and beautiful. While Ta-Koro and Ko-Koro had been blisteringly hot and cold, respectively, and Le-Koro had been bristling with noise and movement, Onu-Koro was silent and still, like an undisturbed pool of water.

Despite it probably having been some time since Joske had visited Taipu, the Ta-Toa had no difficult in finding his way straight to the Onu-Matoran's hut. It was as simple as any other hut in the village, but Joske seemed to recognize it instantly, and he wasted no time in rapping on the door.

IC

[Taipu's hut, Onu-Koro; afternoon]

*poundpoundpound*

"Taipu! It's Joske! Open up!"

I stepped back, snorting slightly. I knew he was home; he had to be home. Being the fastest toa on Mata-Nui did not lend itself well to patience that often, and it took everything I had not to pace in front of the door. I raised my hand to knock once more, and that's when the door opened.

"Joske... "

"Taipu!" I bent down to one knee to look him in the eye. "My old opponent. How are you?"

"I've... been better." he said slowly. The fact that something was bothering him registered, but my mind was working to fast to acknowledge the fact at this particular moment. I pulled out a charm, lifting it in front of his mask.

"Look, I need a favor. I'm looking for charms, similar to this one. Happen to have seen one?"

There was a moment of uncertainty, then sudden surprise as if he remembered something. Sticking his head out the door he glanced about, as if making sure he wasn't being watched. He stared at my companions for a moment, as if judging them, and then simply nodded.

"Come inside. I have something for you."

He rushed inside, and we curiously followed, careful to shut the door behind us. His hut was of standard design, and the various tools and furniture found within was typical of the standard Miner.... somewhat. Taipu workes hard and does his best, as do all Onu-Matoran, nothing unusual. He can, however, be a bit gullible and playful, and his greatest wish I found out after one particular game is to travel and see wonderful sights, hearing that he likes to talk excitedly often about places he has never been... and his taste in decoration showed it. His hut could almost be mistaken for a souvenir stand, he had so many trinkets and odd items from around Mata-Nui. I wondered how he acquired so many odds and ends, seeing him dig through a pile of merchandise-

"Aha!"

He pulled out a rather large box, a box that would have toppled a normal matoran. But Taipu was not your normal matoran; no, he is Whenua's left hand and the strongest Onu-Matoran, if not one of the strongest matoran in general. I would not be surprised if he could beat out your standard toa in an arm-wrestling contest. Setting it down on the table he looked at me, then nodded to the box.

"For you."

I blinked a few times. What, for me? "Surely there must be some mistake Taipu - the charms I seek are barely a fraction of the size of this- "

There was a slapping sound, and two charms appeared on the box. Taipu's face was distant. "No, I have the charms. I was instructed to give them directly to you and only you when you arrived, along with this package."

I looked quizzically at him, then at the charms, to the box, then back to him. "When... did this package arrive?"

"This morning. From Ta-Koro."

I took a sharp intake of breath. I was not expecting a package from anyone. "Did the messenger say who sent it?"

"Yes, it was one of the couriers of the Guard, orders directly from Captain Jaller."

My heartlight skipped. "So... Jaller sent me this package?" Sometimes getting information out of him can be a challenge; he is not, perhaps, the brightest lightstone on Onu-Koro, but his strength is equaled by his heart. What he said next however put my curiosity over the edge.

"No! It was... Turaga Vakama."

The way he said it... dark, sorrowful, brooding. I was slightly taken aback, and he seemed to notice.

"You.. haven't heard?"

"Heard... what?"

There was a long pause. "You... will learn soon enough. Go ahead! Open it up! I want to see what's inside!" His demeanor changed almost instantly, the mysterious contents of the package completely consuming his thoughts. "Maybe another souvenir?!"

"Alright, alright, I'll open it!" I said quietly, a smile on my face. Taipu had always been an excited, energetic matoran, and I wasn't about to deny him the experience. With a swift yank I pulled the packaging away.

OOC: kay guys, I am trying to stave off the knowledge of the turaga's death for our team until we arrive in Ga-Koro, which will be our next/last stop after this temple. I don't know how well that will work, but that is my goal. try to make it happen :P

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Malcor, Jaceren, Ashala (Inn Onu-Koro)

Malcor followed behind Kutukan. "Is this place safe?" he asked.

"Doesn't matter if its safe, as long as its away from here."

"I'm surprised the fire hasn't drawn more attention," Ashala said. "Perhaps this is common in Onu-Koro, or an even bigger disaster will take place."

Whorok nodded to Aar, before he quickly retreated to the main tunnels of Onu-Koro.

As he walked, the black behemoth could see around him an underground city that on the surface seemed perfectly normal, but the atmosphere couldn't be any more different; everyone was either scared, confused or hopeless. Except for him.

Whorok was neither of those things; he knew what he had to do, he knew it was worth fighting for, and he was willing to see it through, no matter the cost.

He arrived at Tarnok's hut and knocked on the door.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Cael)

The door opened to a surprised Taipu; Cael had never met him, but recognized him from the Kolhii games she had seen played in Ga-Koro. He invited them in, and produced exactly what they needed: the charms... as well as a mysterious parcel from Turaga Vakama, addressed to Joske.

Turaga Vakama... Cael had never met him either, but his name reminded her of the leader of her own village, Turaga Nokama, whom she hadn't seen or even thought of for a while.

When the healer had left, Nokama had been gone, safe with the other Turaga in Pala-Koro. Though Hahli and the Marines and a team of heroic Toa had stepped up to protect and lead the village in her absence, no one could replace Nokama. Her wisdom and selflessness had endeared her to the Ga-Korans over the long years of the Makuta's oppression; she was always ready and willing to listen and to give advice.

From what Cael knew of the Turaga, the other village leaders were much the same. Standing wise and strong in the face of the darkness, they were more responsible than any other for thwarting Makuta thus far. Without them, the island would have fallen long ago.

And it was that knowledge that made Cael so sure that this package meant something. A dozen new heroes appeared every day, and few of them accomplished anything of worth. The Turaga had seen countless Toa rise and fall, and no doubt had become as wary now as any of people who claimed it was their “destiny” to defeat Makuta once and for all. Mata Nui knew how many people had promised that and failed. Even the First Toa -Cael's heart twisted at the thought- had not been the heroes that had been foretold.

But there was something different about Joske, and the Turaga of Fire knew it.

The Toa of Water knew that Joske wanted to deny it. She didn't know what Tuara had shown him in Ta-Koro, but that had been the catalyst for an amazing change in the Toa of Fire. She had learned some of it in the tree by Lake Pala, but she had learned most of what was going on in Joske's head in Ko-Koro, after Tuara's exit.

“I am not the one who should have been picked for this. The fate of Mata-Nui should not be placed in the hands of one such as myself.”

The fiery Toa had learned something over these past weeks, something that Cael and Agni had failed to teach him; he had learned it mostly by himself. With Tuara's help, he had realized that he wasn't the most important person in the world. He wasn't the best at everything, and he didn't have to be arrogant about the things he was good at. He had realized that he wasn't always the easiest person to get along with.

But he'd taken that too far.

“The fate of the island does not rest in my hands; no, that was never my mission. The defeat of the Makuta is that of the Wanderer's Company, not mine.”

He was trying to shift the responsibility off of his shoulders, not because he was irresponsible, but because he felt unworthy. He felt like he wasn't the hero Mata Nui needed or deserved.

“By definition I may be a hero, but that is a stretch; I do not consider myself a role model, let alone a real hero.”

But that wasn't true.

Cael knew it; Agni knew it; even Turaga Vakama knew it: Joske was a hero. Like it or not, the fate of the island did partly rest on his shoulders, unworthy or not. Whether he felt like a true hero or not, he was.

It was like what the healer had said to Lekori: “Mata Nui does not create unqualified Toa. There are only those who fail... and those who choose to redeem themselves.”

Failing didn't mean you were a failure. It meant you lost one battle, and it was time to struggle back up and keep fighting. If anyone knew the meaning of that, it was Joske. He wouldn't let anything keep him down; Cael had watched dozens of training sessions with Agni where everything in her was screaming at him to just stay down and give up the fight for a day, but instead the Ta-Toa had gritted his teeth and gotten back up, even though that meant he was probably going to get walloped again.

He had the physical side down pat; now he needed to learn the other half of it. Just because he wasn't the perfect hero didn't mean he wasn't a hero at all. It meant he had things to learn, like all of them, and he had to keep getting back to his feet and moving on, walking the path Mata Nui had put before him.

The Toa of Water burned to tell him this, to shake him and make him realize that he was one of the heroes they had been waiting for. While he had been playing Kolhii, Cael had been treating villagers grievously and mortally wounded in the constant battle against Makuta. She, like all of Mata Nui, had been waiting years for a hero to appear, for someone to rise up and finally fulfil the prophecy that even the First Toa couldn't, watching and waiting and feeling the hope in her chest slowly wither like a cooling ember.

Whether Joske believed it or not... he was a hero. He was someone they had been waiting for.

What had he said that night in Ko-Koro?

“When I go under Kini-Nui with the Company, when I go to fight him... promise me you will not follow.”

Who else would say that but a hero? Someone who cared enough about someone else to make sure they were out of harm's way? Whether Joske accepted his role or not, Cael knew better: he had revealed his true nature that night.

"I... I can't risk that. Risk you in that way. You're... too important. Promise me you won't."

Would the old Joske have said that to her? Would the old Joske have been able to tear his attention off of himself long enough to think about what might happen to someone else when the deciding moment came? When all the chips were down, when the time came to overthrow Makuta once and for all... would the old Joske have been able to forget about playing the hero long enough to actually care about someone else?

The irony was that, the moment Joske had decided he was not a hero, he had revealed that he truly was.

And as the Toa of Fire stood there, package in hand, the weight of the island on his shoulders even though he pretended to be unworthy, Cael felt a stirring in her heart that she hadn't felt for a long time.

It was hope.

She smiled. Nobody noticed; all attention was on the parcel as Joske began to open it. But she smiled anyway: at long last, Mata Nui had sent them a hero. Someone worth believing in; someone who was more concerned with the people who followed him than his own image. And he hadn't just popped into being: he had forged himself -was still forging himself- into a better person, into the hero he said he wasn't.

That was the kind of hero the Toa of Water had waited a hundred long years for.

IC: Tarnok

The door opened, but the doorway was blocked by one very irate Onu-Matoran. "What do you want now? I'm trying to bandage these Mata Nui forsaken burns! Is a single five minutes where I am not required to fix someone's problem too much to ask?"

"What is it, Whorok?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"It's about the current head of the Koro" Whorok replied "he's driving our people in the wrong direction and I think we should do something about that"

"I know we've had our disagreements, but I also know that you're one of the few people in this city that I can trust still has an ounce of honor left in you"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Leli

"Tarnok~"

"If you don't sit still and let me take a look at those burns, I'll sedate you~"

IC: Onuzek

The entire thing had been a flop. The timing couldn't have been worse. Matatu's death was very much welcome, but also inconvenient. It delayed his plans considerably, thankfully not destroying them completely. They could still be salvaged at a later date, and things would fall into place again. The Toa of Gravity had left Le-Koro soon after the Turaga's death, returning to Ga-Koro to retrieve his origninal body. From there, and with some not-too-subtle hints from his Kanohi, he made his way to Onu-Koro. He needed to find someone, someone important. It was probably best that his Infected Kanohi had been painted over, masking his alignment. Here, none bothered him as he walked past, despite his massive frame.

There, just up ahead. The titan's eyes narrowed. Not much had changed. The lizard-like being was still as tall as ever, but his normally serpentine movements held a keen edge to them. He had obtained power, and it showed. Oh yes, won't this be nice.

Smiling internally, Onuzek began to lumber in Kyju's direction, making no attempt to conceal his presence. Any being with half a brain cell would be able to notice the hulking Toa, and even more now. Not speaking, even as he came closer to the Akrainid, the Infected Toa's eyes fixed themselves directly to the back of Kyju's head.

Oh just turn around my friend...

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC. Streets.Kyju heard the steps long before the large Toa got close. When the gap between them was closed, he turned, stopping them both. "What do you want?" Something was very different. His mask was akin to Echelon's- infected. He wasn't absolutely sure how to react to that.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC

[Taipu's hut, Onu-Koro; evening]

As the packaging fell away, all heads leaned in to see what was inside. Taipu was the first to speak everyone's thoughts, but in a very confused and slightly let-down way.

"A disk launcher?"

"Well, he is a Kohlii player," Agni quipped, "and a decent shot I last checked. Still, an odd gift from a Turaga at a time such as thi-"

As I pulled it out, all voices fell silent.

The first thing that struck everyone was the craftsmanship. The size, design, and attention to detail put into it was astonishing, not to mention beautiful. The head could clearly hold a disk of any size, miniature hydraulic clamps allowing for the versatility and apparently power. The body was long and sleek, an indent perfectly shaped for an arm to slide into. But what drew the most attention were the pair of nozzles on almost wing-like appendages attached to the hydraulic clamps. Why would a disk launcher require nozzles?

"What's this?"

Cael, who had been standing off the side until now, picked up a piece of parchment that had unbeknownst to us fallen from the package as I had removed the weapon. With signature grace she held it between two fingers, reading it aloud.

"Dear Joske, Turaga Valama had me dig this out for you. He said something about this being an old relic that he had refurbished by a Vortixx some time ago. It's a Toa Tool that he thinks you will find most useful, considering your skill set. All I can say is this: good luck and happy flying. You're going to need it." She looked at me quizzically. "'Happy flying'?"

I held it out in front of me, head leaning to one side. A sudden image popped in my head.

"Happy flying... "

Agni must have been reading my mind, for after a slight shocked (or was it panicked?) look he took a half-step towards me.

"Oh no, Joske, you can't be- "

He didn't get to finish as my lips twitched.

One step I was moving for the exit. Second step I had placed the disk launcher on my back like I did my Kohlii stick, the sensation of magnetic adherence filtering down my spine. Third step I was at the door, hearing the slight sliding of metallic expansion. I jumped slightly, fourth step both my feet landed together, hearing the whine of something powering up behind me. Fifth effort I pushed upwards, a mere thought later I felt my elemental energy begin to rush out of me and into my launcher, which had shifted into jetpack mode. With an explosion of fire and heat I was launched into the air, a trail of flame tailing behind me as I, for the first time in my life, experienced controlled flight. Like a comet, or better yet, the Red Star I sailed high over Onu-Koro, a red streak painted against the dark and lightstone-riddled cavern. Below I could hear the astonished shouts of my companions.

"He can fly!"

"He can FLY?"

"HE CAN FLY!?"

All on just a happy little thought...

Truly though there was only one thing I could say as I shot through the heavens:

"YEEEAAAAAAHHHHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAOOOWWWWOOOOOOOO!!!"

Somewhere between five to fifteen minutes later I coasted back down to earth, not only having had my initial fill but also having mastered the basics of manned flight. Apparently I needed to not only adjust the trajectory of the nozzles, but using my arms and feet helped stabilize my flight as well; it was only by the grace of the Great Beings themselves that I did not hit anything, though there were few close scrapes. As flame shot out of my jetpack I hovered in front of Taipu's door for a moment, smiling like a child with a new toy at my companions below. With a thought I cut the power and fell to the earth, gracefully landing on my two feet and going to one knee before standing again. The hiss and discharge of heat filled my ears for a moment as it cooled off, the clicking indicating that it was retracting slightly for travel. With a new back ornament I strutted up to my friends, poking a finger into Agni's heartlight, my face clearly triumphant.

"TOLD you I'd learn how to fly."

I turned towards Cael, arms outstretched, turning slowly around once for her to take a good look at me, acting like a child looking for a parent's approval of his choice of clothing.

"Well? What do you think?"

I had that boyish, playful grin plastered all over my face.

OOC: movie reference gets a cookie

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

IC (Cael)

“I- I don't believe it.”

The Toa of Water, along with Agni, Angelus, and Taipu, openly gaped at Joske's display of flight. Her eyes were wide; she shook her head slowly.

“How... I mean... Joske- you could have killed yourself!”

The Toa of Fire could tell she didn't really mean it: her stern tone was halfhearted. She couldn't hide the amazement in her voice as approached Joske and carefully examined the contraption on his back. The polished metal gleamed in the glow of the yellow lightstones, perfectly crafted and free of any blemish. Elegant, metallic flames were carved into the launcher: it was beautiful as well as useful.

The exhaust nozzles still smoked and steamed, hissing softly as they released the heat from the flames that had only seconds before been blasting out like the trail of a shooting star. Even from a foot away, Cael could feel the heat radiating out as though from a furnace. The launcher was apparently immune to Joske's flames, however: the metal didn't show any reaction to the heat, remaining a cool silver.

The healer looked up, still stunned from seeing Joske soar through the glittering cavern on wings of fire.

"Well? What do you think?"

“I- I didn't think it was possible, either.” Cael laughed, her surprised expression finally breaking into a wide smile. “But you've gotten into the habit of proving us wrong- I guess we should've learned by now to expect anything from you.”

IC: Tarnok

"I'm already working on it." Tarnok replied bluntly. "It is a matter that is best resolved in the poliitcal field, rather than the field of battle. Revolution is the last option to be taken, not the first."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Aw, don't worry about it, Flex, hardly the first time it's happened. :)

IC: Delta - Outside Tarnok's Hut

Whorok would suddenly find a firm grip on his shoulder, not strong enough to hurt, but just so much that he would realize that resistance was futile.

"C'mon buddy, give the poor guy a second," a burly feminine voice stated, "I think it may be time for you to go."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

IC: Lux - Onu-Koro

"Hello there, sir!" a cheerful voice chirped from a feet away from Jloudo, coming from the tall Po-Matoran who had happened to be walking towards the bridge on his way back to the tunnels.

"Is there something the matter?" Lux added, noting how worried the Skakdi seemed to be.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Whorok temporarily ignored the grip on his shoulder as he looked into Tarnok's eyes, he could see the Onu-Matoran was being sincere.

"You're probably right" Whorok conceded, before he let his new companion guide him away from the door

"I'll be in touch." he said before he left.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Onuzek

Yes, having this body back had its advantages, no one came to ask questions. The poor lighting was also a plus, only those with the best sight could see his Kanohi's Infection under the paint. All in all, it was an optimal situation. The Akrainid before him was still taller, but not to the point where the Toa of Gravity looked up to him. Folding his massive arms across his broad chest, Onuzek smiled. A smile devoid of warmth and carefree happiness that most grew to expect on his face. Instead, it was cold, intelligent, but very much pleased.

"Your help, put simply."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Delta - Outside Tarnok's Hut

Delta's demeanour softened, suddenly and unexpectedly, "Sorry 'bout that, mate, I didn't mean to interrupt your conversation. If you've actually got something meaningful add to the world, might as well say it."

The Onu-Matoran let go of Whorok, "What I mean is, sorry for stopping you from talking with the chief. If you wanna go back..."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"If you need an inn, head that way. It's normally rather loud, but most people will be grieving at home."

LoJak thanked the Matoran and left, although he had no intention of going to an inn. He had come to Onu-Koro accidentally, and had tried to find some business to do here. He hadn't, and so he thought it best to return to his original goal, to head back to his home in Ta-Wahi.

Hoping his sense of direction was a little better now that it had been a few hours before, he took a tunnel heading in the general direction of the volcanic province of Mata-Nui.

ooc: LoJak to Po.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC

[Taipu's hut, Onu-Koro; afternoon]

“I- I didn't think it was possible, either.”

I watched as Cael laughed, her surprised expression finally breaking into a wide smile. She, like the others, was usually a very serious individual, concerned with the physical and mental health of our group, healing and mending what wounds she could, both visible and unseen. But it was a very different type of seriousness. The type of that was caring and supportive, a working relationship that was on a far more personal level than Agni's or Tuara's fight training and rugged discipline. Not to say that kind of relationship wasn't important or had its uses, but after a lifetime of shallow pursuits and always striving to make myself better, what Cael provided was something different. Unique. Personal. And to see her smile and laugh like that, like the cool murmuring of a babbling brook...

Despite her initial shock, previous reprimand, her stern tone, it was all done in playful half-hearted fashion.

I found myself stunned as I looked into her eyes, the deep gold color the same as the hundred of lightstones around us, sparkling like the stars on a clear night. To see her like this, so lighthearted and relieved, was very different from her usual demeanor, and I was entranced by it. I had finally found myself, survived and encounter with possibly the most dangerous toa on the island, and right now had so much adrenaline pumping through my veins from being able to fly that the world could have ended I would not have known it, let alone been saddened by it. And now Cael...

In that moment something happened to me. Something wonderful.

"But you've gotten into the habit of proving us wrong- I guess we should've learned by now to expect anything from you."

Throwing off all inhibitions I seized that moment.

One hand went to her waist, pulling her close to me with a gentle tug as my other hand wrapped around the back of her head, lifting it up slightly as I leaned in, pausing for a dramatic moment, and then kissed her.

It lasted for only a few seconds, but in that moment I hit the sky and didn't slow down, fiery passion in my soul burning as bright as the sun. It was as if every fiber of my being exploded with heat and fireworks as my emotions went into overdrive. It was only here and now that I realized just how long I had wanted and waited for this moment, but was either too arrogant or shy to understand. What I said the other night in Ko-Koro was not just because I cared for her as an individual... it was because my feelings went deeper than that. Deeper than just seeing to it that a non-combatant was out of harm's way. More than just a doctor, a consultant, a friend.

I found that I was falling in love with her.

As I pulled away, I felt like a bandit who had gotten away with the heist of the century. In one way I had: I just stole a kiss from Cael... in front of everybody. As I stepped back there was a distinct bounce in my step, my head bobbing back and forth in giddy energy. I cleared my throat, trying to slow down my heart rate as I worked to regain my composure. Tearing myself away from her I turned to Taipu, who stood there like someone struck dumb.

Which he was.

"So, Taipu, would happen to know any information regarding the Temple of Prosperity?"

To be fair, he had just been swarmed by a team of Toa, seen a strange artifact, observed a Ta-Toa fly, and bore witness to an awkward moment. Somehow though he managed to raise an arm and point.

"Great Mine. Flooded shaft. Maybe."

I patted his head. "Thank you, little one. Your help has been most appreciated." With that I turned and walked out in front of my companions, a slight air of authority surrounding me for the first time since we've started. Gone were my previous inhibitions, doubts, and fears, finally able to develop and become the person I needed and wanted to be. With a confident smile I turned back.

"Alright gang, you heard the matoran: to the Great Mine!"

I began moving to the Marn Tunnels.

IC (Cael)

Typical Joske, making her eat her words. Not a second after saying something to the effect that she should've learnt to never be surprised by anything he did, the Toa of Fire drew her close and kissed her.

To say it was a surprise would be an understatement.

Cael felt his lips press against hers, which was an interesting change of perspective seeing as her only previous interaction with the Ta-Toa's lips had been to examine them for a blue or purplish hue while he was unconscious to make sure his body was getting enough oxygen because lips that lost their reddish colour pointed to oxygen deprivation as the blood wasn't getting enough oxygen-rich blood to the lips for them to retain their healthy colour and another sign of oxygen deprivation was light-headedness was she getting enough oxygen because she felt slightly dizzy and she couldn't think quite straight and she wasn't sure if the kiss had lasted a second or an hour but she was quite sure that she had forgotten to breathe since it started so if it had lasted any longer than five minutes than it was quite likely that she was suffering from a lack of air and would need to breathe if she didn't want to pass out and-

The healer's brain babbled a string of scientific jargon that meant absolutely nothing, obviously cross-circuited. She was vaguely aware of Joske pulling away, the warmth that his body exuded fading as he turned to Taipu and said something that she should have understood but couldn't quite put together.

The lightstones spun overheard like a whirlwind of constellations as her thoughts finally managed to coordinate themselves in time to hear Joske say

"Alright gang, you heard the Matoran: to the Great Mine!"

Did he and the miner have a conversation while she was floating somewhere around the stalactites? Time seemed to ripple and bend for a moment, and then everything snapped back into place, the earthen huts surrounding her, gravity anchoring her feet to the ground.

Angelus stood a few feet away, waiting for her while Joske began moving towards the Great Mine, always on the move. The Toa of Fire grinned.

"Between the two of us, you fared better than I did when Tuara pulled that on me."

Cael felt her cheeks reddening, but she laughed it away, and pushed the Ta-Toa aside. The two of them hurried to catch up to Joske, leaving the village of earth as silent and thoughtful as it had been before their arrival, the ripples of their presence fading away, leaving the quiet pond as still as it had been before.