Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC. Various.Reik was nodding to himself. Why? He wasn't sure. It was a small nod. It could be coming from any number of things. Maybe the band playing in the nearby music hall. Maybe a vibration had sent the shake through his body and hos muscles had liked the feeling, unconsciously repeating. Maybe he was assuring himself of his abilities. That his relationship with Ema was strong enough to not have dissipated in the time he'd been gone. Maybe, just maybe, Agzinel hadn't done anything crazy in his absence. He looked down at the ring in his pocket and wondered if he himself was crazy. No, he didn't think so. Driven was a better word. Purposeful. Like Ema. Emarosa...the most stubborn person he knew. Emarosa who never gave up. The determined.He was no longer nodding. He was looking at his feet. He studied his shoes. The shoes of a rich scientist. The shoes of a nice guy. The shoes of a bore. He was a bore. Nothing interesting shined through his responsible visage. His shoes hurt his feet. He would have walking problems at some point. That was be bad for his martial arts training. That he...planned to take? At some point? He didn't know. He didn't know. Why torture himself with things like that? He was wealthy. He didn't need to fight to be attractive. Right? Ema liked him for him, right? She liked who he was, he was sure. Was he? In his soul, he didn't know. Did he have a soul? Or was he running out of soul, like the mindless drones he worked with? Was he turning into one of them? Or had he turned into a hater?Had trying to act like Emarosa, the fun-loving bartender, loved him, turned him into a hater? He had tried to stop hating others. Others had stopped hating him, for the most part. But was that truly what mattered to him? Was Emarosa not the only person whose opinion mattered? He certainly didn't hate her. He leaned forward, resting his chin on his fists. They were cold. His skin was cold. He was cold. That thought itself seemed bizarrely cruel, even in context. He felt the wrist of his jacket brush against his chin. The jacket wasn't comfortable. It didn't keep him from the cold. It hardly even stopped the wind. Why did he wear it? The same reason he wore the shoes he did. He didn't want to, he was expected to. Expected to by those who profiled him as an ignorant rich moron. By the people who respected him in the business that had taken him away from his life. The miracle plant had been popular. He'd earned lots of money. Yay.He had taken his seat on a bench away from other people. He tried to avoid eye contact. That opened the door for conversation, and it wasn't like he wanted that. The closest thing he'd come to talking to anyone other than other scientists had been something about finding the nearest restroom. He felt so different. He missed her so much it hurt. He wanted to go home. He picked up a pen, and a post-it note. He scribbled a face on it, but it nearly brought tears to his eyes. Is this what he'd become? He was a hater, he didn't have a soul, he was a rich moron? That was more than a little jacked up. He was miffed at this whole mess. What'd he done to deserve that? He stood up abruptly. He kicked his shoes off. His tore off his jacket. He knocked his hat off and threw his glasses onto the ground.And he ran.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Ic: Stannis leaned on the side of the boat, still breathing deeply to catch up on his lack of oxygen. Each inhale was held before exhaling and drawing another calculated and deliberate inhale. But as he bent and willed the oxygen back into his blood, he smiled, a rare action for the usually stern Wanderer to do. Finally, he slumped to the deck and looked at a couple of the members, Leah and Reordin, as he chuckled. He knew. There was no explanation to his remark save his seemingly cryptic ability to understand what was invisible, but as his grey eyes looked into the two soldiers he simply castigated, "You of little faith."Silence overtook the team as they looked about, thinking over their prophet's words... and actions. Sulov simply slipped the trio of stones into his backpack with little care about the silence on the boat, but it served to sput Leah to speak. Stannis intercepted her lips and held up his hand to silence her before she could say anything. Instead, he looked to the distant horizon, the peaks of Ko-Wahi loomed to their south east. "Oreius, take us to Ko-Wahi. There is a village on the east coast we can use for the night, and we will go find Kopaka's stone next."

IC.He sighed."I'm sorry. Have a nice day."He began to turn, his hand subconsciously reaching into his jacket to hold the ring- His jacket. His eyes widened. His jacket was gone.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC (Oreius)The Ta-Matoran looked quizzically at Stannis. “No offense, Stannis, but I thought we agreed to try to stay out of populated areas. All it'll take is one set of eyes that belongs to Makuta, and, well...”He let the sentence hang, but everyone understood what he meant. The villages and towns of the island were closed to them as long as they carried out this Quest. Even flirting with the outskirts of Xa-Koro had been a risky move, albeit necessary.Oreius held a hand out to Reordin, who still carried Takua's bag. “Reordin, could you hand me the map?”The Ko-Matoran complied, and the Ta-Matoran spread the crisp paper flat on one of the boat's benches. Sulov unveiled a lightstone that allowed the map to be seen.“So, here we are,” Oreius began, pointing to the :g: marked in the midst of the reef. “And here are the other three... rocks.He quickly tapped the three remaining letters on the map.“If we go for this one first,” he continued, pointing to the :k:. “We'll have to do some backtracking to get the other two. Not to mention, if we put off in Ko, we'll have to find somewhere populated to stay: it's too cold to just make camp.“On the other hand, if we anchor here,” he said, pointing to the Po-Wahi coast. “We can make camp in a cave or someplace similar, avoiding anyone who might be looking for us, and then in the morning we head south. Then it's as easy as one, two, three.”He looked up at the members of the Company huddled around the map, their faces cast in harsh shadows from the light of the stone Sulov held over them all. His eyes flickered from companion to companion, then came to rest on Stannis' face.“But don't let me decide,” he said quietly, a little awestruck by the speech he'd just given. “You know better than I, Wanderer. I'll go where you say.”

Ic: "I understand your qualm, Oreius, but the village is not much more than a few shacks and Ko-Matoran are usually"-- he tilted his head at Reordin -- "far less interested in goings ons and talking. Especially there. If we go to Ko-Wahi, our safety in that austere place is guaranteed, and..." his voice trailed off as his thoughts remained encapsulated within his venerable head, unable to be spoken, in part due to his inability to voice the primal concern he felt as he looked at the map. He picked up elsewhere. "By spending the night here" -- he pointed at a fjord on the map -- "we can go to :k: and then move to :m_p: . A boat from there can take us to Le-Wahi, and then we can take :l: ."A few members gave him puzzled looks, but Stannis remained resolved. He searched for words, thinking of sentences to say, but they were all too long or too uncharacteristic. "This feels right. Have faith and trust." It was all he could say to the others. How else could he say that he sensed the coming of terrible things just around the corner, or that the best way to fight those things was in the turf the team knew best instead of the arid wastelands of Po-Wahi? The path was erratic, yes, but wandering rarely took the straightest paths.And perhaps, just perhaps, while in that village in the fjord, he could pay his respects to someone very dear to him. But that, like the other things tugging at him, could not be spoken. He looked at Oreius in the eyes. "Pilot the boat to Ko-Wahi... Oreius."

IC (Oreius)Oreius nodded, "As you wish, Stannis."The Ta-Matoran rolled up the map and handed it back to Reordin before taking the helm again, the familiar weight of the Essence Stone in his bag bumping his hip at every step. He took the controls in his hands, and pulled the motor into first gear.As the boat began to purr out of the reef, Oreius, though on guard, was not doubtful. He had realized by now that the Wannerer's feelings and urges, which he would have dismissed only short weeks ago as wishful thinking, were not to be trifled with. Destiny's plan was always in motion, and though he still didn't quite see eye-to-eye with Stannis on the whole idea of wandering, he knew better now than to doubt.To be sure, it was difficult for the soldier to accept the notion of supernatural guidance. It had been from the very beginning; his difficulty was what had sent him from Turaga Vakama's hut to begin his journey, all those months ago. But even his hard-headedness had played right into the hands of destiny, and here he was, a wiser man because of it.He didn't have to understand how it worked; he didn't have to enjoy walking into the unknown, with nothing but trust and faith to guide them. But Stannis had not let them down yet, and, until he did, Oreius would follow him to Karzahni and back, as he had sworn he would the day they had met.OOC: Wanderer's Company to Ko-Wahi.

IC: [Ziyas]Ziyas leaned against a wall, listening to the screams of pain coming from the alley next to her. The thugs had decided to attack her and her brother, which was a rather stupid prospect, so she had ordered her twin to deliver punishment on said thugs in a dark alley, so the local lawn enforcement did not learn of their activities.

IC: SayizIn a flash the thugs had been dealt with, leaving behind merely a lone Vortixx, who was wiping down his blade with a cloth. After finishing the cleansing of his blade, Sayiz knelt down besides the carnage, and bowed his head in respect. He was praying for the dead, for who else would pray for these man. Apologies, I do not mean to shed such blood, but my sister demands it, and so I shall.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: [Ziyas]Ziyas turned around to face her brother, watching the other Vortixx pray for the souls of the dead thugs. Such a thing was meaningless to her; prayers for the dead were complete waste of time, especially when one could do other things instead of praying. However, she did not interfere with her brother's prayers - there was no need to after all.

IC: Kokkinos (Onu-Koro)I walked into Onu-Koro, my eyes darting around. It was uncomfortable for me to enter such a busy place; I was much more inclined to stay in my cave all day. But I was running out of food, and these villages were the only place you could get it, so I did what I had to do. First, I would find a restaurant. Second, I would go buy a month's worth of food. Third, I would obtain better scientific supplies. That magnifier-enlarger-thingamajig (microscope) had broke again, so I needed replacement parts, among other things. "Maybe it's time I actually got out of that cave and started working on that plan of mine," I thought. "The time is ripe; this island is open for taking. With the followers of Mata Nui and Makuta duking it out, they'll never know what hit them." I continued to walk through the streets, my eyes darting around.OOC: Cue the Reaper.