Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Tarnok

Liacada's path was blocked before she even made it halfway to the door. Tarnok's face was cold, and the look in his eyes as sharp as the knives in his hands. He had no doubt that at that moment, his fellows were already moving to encircle the escaping prisoner.

"You aren't going anywhere."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC-Raxa:

"If you love something, set it free; if it comes back, it's yours, if it doesn't, it never will."

Goodbye, Mirehu. While you think the above passage might be me talking about myself, it's not, really-it's me talking about you. You have better things ahead of you than staying on with me, and while I've loved the time together, I'm really afraid I must be off, and let you find your own path.

-Raxa

Raxa signed the small note with a flourish, having already looked back a couple times to make sure Mirehu was still asleep, that she wouldn't see and follow him, and he was correct: she was out. It seemed that their celebrations earlier had been too much for her, and Raxa's deception allowed him to maintain a cool head. He had always prided himself on his ability to pull a fast one on basically everybody across the island, though the current trick left him with a bit of a sour taste.

Still, it needed to be done, and as such, it would be done.

He reached over, grabbing his tomahawks and his long knives, strapping them to his belt. Reaching to the other side he grabbed his crossbow, still in its special case, and slipped the shoulder strap from it on. Standing, he grabbed his satchel, putting that on the opposite side from his crossbow, with a bag-containing about 2,000 widgets, the amount he had left in this hideout, abode, etc.-and a small quiver filled with various poisoned bolts inside, as well as his cloak. Stepping over to the door, he retrieved his scarf, pulling it on and casually tossing part of it back over his shoulder.

One last look at Mirehu, one final smile before the journey. She was so peaceful when she slept.

And a moment later he was out the door, closing and re-locking it as stealthily as he performed most of his actions. He stepped through the sleeping Koro, avoiding the commotion continuing at the guard HQ, avoiding the Turaga's hut, and continuing past them. No, he was moving back into the catacombs near Onu-Koro, because he had found a side tunnel there, one that lead to the surface, only culminating near the top of Mount Ihu. And Raxa felt that he needed the solitude of Mount Ihu's slopes, at the moment.

With a last glance to make sure there was nobody following him, one last straining of his concentration so that he could be sure there would be no callout of Mirehu's voice, and he slipped into the catacombs, without a lightstone, blending immediately into the darkness. A few steps in and any sounds from the Koro were already deadened, leaving Raxa alone with nothing but his memory of where he had been.

Pass that side tunnel, with the stench of a creature long dead, still pervading. Ignoring the sounds of battle, still echoing...The Blade Burrower, that large, double-jawed Rahi...

"Any limbs you take from them I'll bite right off of you. I haven't have blood in a while, and certainly not from somebody as corrupt as you...I wonder how it will taste...By the way, that isn't a threat, just so you know. In fact, if you wish to take the time, I can make a legally binding contract stating I shall do just as I said."

Heh. Just a couple weeks as a politician and he could already do that. Odd, how the echoes of battle came back to him like that.

Then the sounds of the battle with Onyx-rather, its prelude-came to him. The discussion with Onyx, the offering himself up for a game of chess, completely ready to sacrifice himself for these people he didn't know, at all. And, of course, that thought was declined, leading on to a new battle. How had that ended? Everybody from Onyx's side dead, except for Sinina, and everybody on Hound's side alive...except for, very soon, Hound himself.

That battle had repercussions, certainly. They weren't earth-shattering repercussions, there were no revelations brought that could astound the entire island...but he had learned about himself and all the others there. He still wondered just where Sinina had gotten of to, back in Le-Wahi, a few weeks ago. Perhaps she'd finally gotten herself killed. Ah, well.

A light growling, and he smiled, slightly. Something was still alive. He activated his Pakari, and slid a Tomahawk from its sheathe, and the glow and hiss of metal sliding on leather were enough to stop that creature for a moment, if only in curiosity. A moment later and it yelped in pain, limping off into the darkness. Why? Raxa had lanched a crystalline dart into its eye. Or somewhere around there.

And so he continued. The dank drip of the dark, unlighted tunnels assaulted his hearing, the stench his nose, and his eyes could still not see. A moment later, though, and cool air assaulted him, carrying with it the sound of old battles, long dead. The sound of that fight continued to echo in here, quietly, but still making themselves heard. Letting his curiosity overcome him, he stepped in, to explore the rooms around here.

The first he stepped into carried a scent he was familiar with-blood. Likely Hajia's, judging by the specialized restraints left in there. And Gahuari's, too, for the second table was right off to the side. Various instruments of torture were hung upon the walls, and the blood, upon the floor, hadn't been cleaned. It had dried, holding to the ground like a sickly scab.

Back in the main room, he saw two bodies. One, in the center of the room, was Onyx's. The organic portions of his body had long since melted away, and Raxa resisted the urge to see what lay beneath the armour-he would not disturb the dead in their rest. The other body seemed to be that of Luncora, and Raxa almost grinned. Despite how he had hated the brute of a Toa, he had been able to make Raxa laugh. Culminating his exploration into pre-explored territory, Raxa stepped out-oh, and he had retreived his old warhammer.

A moment later and he activated his Pakari, closing the great doors to the room, and sealing them over with a layer of crystal. It would take a long time for anybody to find this place, and even longer for them to break into it. Now with the warhammer in his hands and being used as a cane, Raxa continued along, the short clack-clack-clack of the haft of his old weapon smacking into the ground the only sound assaulting him, now. And it wasn't long before he came to the tunnel that climbed slowly upwards, with snow leaking down, though thankfully it was still open, as Raxa could see the sun at the high-up opening-had he really been wandering that long? He must have.

Activating his Pakari, Raxa grabbed onto the handholds in the upward-leading wind pipe, and he proceeded to climb up, the air becoming colder as he climbed.

OOC: Raxa to Ko-Wahi.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC. Onu-Koro."Wait! I have something to ask!"The Matoran drew their weapons, circling Liacada."Wait, no, let her thpeak." Komisk said. Most of his fellows had respect for the lisping Matoran, and thus did as he asked.Liacada looked from Komisk to Tarnok, giving merely a glance to the others. "I know I didn't get all these wounds just from one of your dorky little crossbows. I got hit in the head pretty hard...what did I forget?" Komisk whispered something, and when he received his answer looked a bit indignant. Indignation turned to irritation as they argued quietly. "Thhee thould know!" She heard him say. Finally, he seemed to gain permission as he turned back to look at her."Thith is how it went..."----------Flashback sequence beginShe came up behind the elite guard member, delivering two decisive attacks: a kick to the knee to bring him down, and a concussive strike to the back of the head to knock him out. Just as Whenua turned around, she grabbed her stolen blade and jabbed forward...Only to find a crushing feeling in her hand as Whenua grabbed her wrist, twisting until she fell on her knees in pain. Needless to say, she dropped the knife. Everyone else fell back, breathless, as their Turaga rose over his opponent. "Poor, poor foolish girl." In his other hand he clutched his staff, twirling it through the air as he prepared to attack. "There are those with the power to kill a Turaga, and you are not among them." He swept the staff straight into her ear, knocking her from his grasp and drilling (pun intended) her into the ground head-first. The Turaga leapt towards her and swung his staff over his head, hitting her dead-on in the spine. She groaned in pain, pushing herself up and looked in his eyes."Excuse me if I'm inclined to disagree.""I have defeated you without even needed to call upon my powers.""Defeated?" She scoffed, unsheathing a single blade. "I'm feeling a lot of things right now, but one thing I'm not feeling is defeat."Whenua jabbed forward with his staff, but Liacada countered by leaping to the side and slicing down, attempting to pin the weapon. With what seemed like ease, he pushed her weapon away from his, knocking her off balance to stumble back. How in the world was he this strong? She'd fought Skakdi who had less than half the strength of this one old man. Righting her stance, she sheathed her weapon. Obviously, she wouldn't be able to fight him hand-to-hand. She revised her strategy and planned her attack on agility rather than strength or technique. She threw a kick out with as much speed as she could muster, but he simply knocked her away with a strike to the ankle. Frowning, she leapt over to the side, then rolling forwards and finally running behind him. She figured she'd been fast enough, but he was already prepared for her strike. He slammed his knuckles right into her gut. She was blinded with pain as she fell backwards. The realization was painful: she was outmatched. Laying on the ground, she finally opened her eyes. All that was above her was rock. Then he came. The Turaga put one foot on her neck, and she knew it was over. He lifted his fist, and was coming down. It would hit her directly between the eyes, probably going through her skull and killing her. With a snarl, he began his punch. He moved inches every few seconds. What was taking him so long? It kept coming slowly, and she realized his entire body was sluggish. Time was seeming to slow down before her eyes. She had react, or he would permanently rearrange her facial structure. It was all one motion.One hand flew at his wrist while the other formed a fist directly at his jaw. The first hand cupped Whenua's punch and knocked it away. The second connected harshly, pushing the Turaga off of her and onto the ground. She stood above him, the one who was now in a daze. "How quickly things change, am I right?" She said with a smile."Listen to me. If you stop now, you are free to go. You have nothing to prove. There is a life ahead of you if you just stop now. If you continue, I can guarantee you will regret it."Despite his good-natured appeal, she pulled out one of her swords, pointing it directly at his nose. With a flick of the blade, she could end his life. But she wasn't done yet. "Listen, gramps, I hate to tell you this, but I'm not as stupid as all your little munchkins. You can't tell me a story about a great spirit and expect me to live life around three things that lead to nothing but a life of slavery. And not just slavery. Slavery with a good attitude." She spat in his face. With a fraction of power, she set her sword aflame. "Now, enjoy this. It's only going to happen once. Accept your fate. You are going to die."She lifted her blade, ready to deal the killing blow, when something entirely unexpected happened. He leapt up, smirking, and stomped. The ground under her erupted, sending her flying down the street. He had gotten her to let her guard down. She had paid for it. As she flew backwards, she steadied herself. With a thud, she made contact with the dirt. All that was visible in the rising dirt was a blade glowing with fire. And then the fire erupted again. She held the power of a sun in her hand, it looked like. When the dust cleared, everyone was surprised to see her on her feet. Even Whenua did not look as though he had expected it."What part of 'you are going to die' was so difficult to understand?" Above anything, Liacada just looked irritated. She began walking back to Whenua...slowly. She relished this. It was wonderful. She could feel elemental energy rising inside of her, waiting to be released. Whenua was winded, leaning on his staff. Anyone who knew of the Parakuka recognized this as the lack of energy after a high. One Matoran who knew this drew his sword and charged her. Moving only her arm, she sliced at his neck, beheading him in an instant. There were not many people watching, but those who were hid. They could practically feel the power she radiated. Liacada finally made it to Whenua, and stopped. She stood there for at least a minute, eyes locked on the Turaga's. All the while, her sword blazed. "I told you I was going to kill you. Now I am."She stabbed the sword directly into his chest, kicking away his staff to impale him on the blade. Then, in a release of her energy, she sent a blast of white-hot flame from his head to his toe, maintaining it for a few seconds. It covered him, surrounded him, and killed him almost instantly. She felt the heat all over his body, and activated her mask. The flames spread, surrounding them both. Neither was visible in the core of the fire, not even their outlines. Anyone watching would nearly be blinded, especially as it ended. As soon as she felt no weight on her sword, she knew he was dead. The fire disappeared in a flash as bright as a sun, and then nothing was there. Instantly, people gathered around the source of the momentary illumination, but all there was was an exhausted girl and a scorched patch of earth. There was no sign of Whenua. As soon as she let her shield down, she keeled over, unconscious. She wouldn't be using her powers for a while.Flashback sequence over"...and then they moved you to a hothpital, then here." He finished, fresh tears in his eyes.Liacada chuckled. "Yeah, now I remember. Not so bad, am I right?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Malcor (Onu-Koro, Inn)

The Toa of flame nursed his ale as he sat in the inn. As he set his glass down again his eyes flickered to the mark on his hand. Three circles with dots in them. They had been burned into the armor of his hand with a fine laser, they were permanent. A three digit number, that was all he had been to them. He knew their facility had been destroyed, but they were still out there. Searching for their escaped Weapons. So they could enslave them again and turn them back into instruments of death and destruction. Malcor's hand shook as he tried to keep the memories at bay.

He failed.

Malcor stalked through the small village. It was a simple Matoran settlement, a few huts in the middle of the desert nothing more. "You have your orders, we need the toa within the village dead. Kill them all, we can't have any loose ends." said a dark voice over his com-link. Malcor's eyes hardened as he stepped forward. He didn't want to do this. But he had a bomb in his head, he had no other choice. Slowly a Matoran walked over to him, "Toa!" he called out. "Have you come here to help us? Our Toa Guran helps us greatly, but we still need another protector." the Matoran said as he looked up at Malcor expectantly. If only he knew what was about to happen.

"No, I'm not here to help you." was all Malcor said. Their was a blur of motion, faster then the Matoran's slow reflexes could comprehend. Malcor drew both of his longswords from his back. He lashed out with them, removing the Matoran's head in one fell swing. The body crumpled at Malcor's feet as he moved forward, activating his elemental powers as crackling flames danced over the metal of his swords. He ran now, pushing his swords out as they cut into the huts, the flames on the blades catching the huts on fire. Matoran ran screaming out of their huts as they began to burn. Malcor unleashed bursts of flame, catching them as they ran and knocking them to the ground as the flames engulfed them. He saw a figure run out of one of the huts, drawing two blades of his own. It was Guran, Malcor's target.

"Why are you doing this?" the Toa of ice yelled at Malcor. Malcor didn't feel anything. He felt numb, he was trained for this, he was used to such death. "Because I have my orders." he replied. He then launched himself forward, swinging at Guran with the flaming sword.

It hadn't ended well for Guran. In the end Malcor had been victorious while the Toa had laid at his feet in two pieces. The village burned slowly around him, the screams had stopped once all of the villagers had been snuffed out.

Malcor's hand began to shake as the memory faded away. The glass in his hand suddenly burst into a thousand fragments from how tightly he'd been squeezing it, and his enhanced strength activating. "Sorry about the mess." he said as he nudged a few more widgets towards the bartender. I will never let them turn me into their toy again, never.

IC. Liacada First Person One-Shot.I was back in a cell in less than twenty minutes, and it led me to realize something:Gosh, I hate Onu-Koroan beer.Like, for real, it sucks. It kind of sticks in your throat and doesn't go down until you wash it down, presumably with more beer, which kind of makes the problem worse. If I had a black list, after scratching off Whenua (okay, sorry Onu-Koroans, that was a bit cold) I'd definitely go after the inventor of that cruddy beer.Wait, darnit, that's me.OKAY, LET ME EXPLAIN. Usually I, being the good-natured street rat I am, try not to do things like invent the worst beer in the history of beer ever. Did I say ever twice? No? I should have. This beer really is disgusting.But I suppose I couldn't really expect anything better, given the conditions. They gave me the three drinks I asked for: normal wine, cheap beer, and chocolate milk. I threw them together, mixed them up, and drank it all. Have I told you how much it sucked?Today had been interesting. That downright deformed guard with a lisp came around every day. I would bat my eyelashes, give him a smile, and wave, and he would roll his eyes. It made me laugh.We knew what to do with deformed freaks like that back home. We threw them to Takea. If they had children, we ate them. ......You believed me, didn't you?You racist.So anyways, one time, I did my little routine, and he came up to the bars, sword (shovel, whatever) clanging against it. "You're a monthter. You dithgutht me. How can you live with yourthelf?""We'll, for thtarters-" I began.He cut me off, "Go to Karth." He walked off, but I called after him."Is that a restaurant?"He looked back, a coldness in his eyes, but all I could see was a bitter sadness. And was that...pity?I sat back in my cell. I could make fun of him all day, or throw insults at the entire lot of them., but it wasn't as fun anymore. It didn't give me the satisfaction of knowing I'd made myself laugh. After all, my raspy chuckle was the only one I could hear anymore.For the first time in my life, I realized that no one liked me. Brykon had needed an extra hand, that's the only reason I was alive. Everyone around me radiated hatred hotter than anything I could cook up. Anyone who had loved me had died as part of a job. Not only that, a job done by people who I know aligned myself with. So, in the lonely cell where my spite and- no, that couldn't be guilt -was my only company, I did something I hadn't considered doing in a very long time.I brought my hand to my forehead, and set my hand aflame.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Hajia, Onu-Koro

Soon, Hajia and Gravity were facing the cramped, dimly lit streets of Onu-Koro, having braved the gauntlet of the revolving door. "Left, right, straight ahead..." Hajia said quietly, grinning jovially. "God, all the descisions we have to make."

---

IC: Gravity

"Stop it you," I said, grinning as I poked the Toa of Water. "You're going to make that thing inside my head start hurting, 'cause I'm going to have to start actually using it."

Well, I did know a place we could go, and I didn't even have to think about it. Because I'm good like that. My arm still around Hajia, I steered our path towards the place, happy to see Hajia happy. I was happy when she was happy, but we've already gone over this.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Nightmare Team, Onu Division (:P) from Ko-Wahi

IC (Echelon)

Deep in Onu-Wahi's lesser-known tunnels, three figures swept through the gloom. The first was a Vortixx, staring through the darkness with his orange eyes. He knew Onu-Wahi well; Zadron worked best in the shadows, and in Onu there was no shortage of them.

Behind him strode a black-robed Toa, his staff's jewel glowing with a sickly green light, one arm held out before him, palm forwards. From his hand, invisible and intangible, there extended a magnetic field. The Toa constantly monitored this field, sweeping the tunnel and the rock around it for any sign of metal - metal that might just be the Matoran they were searching for.

At the back of the group walked another Toa, great in stature, a Mark glowing purple on his arm. He walked with eyes fixed straight ahead, with no sign of emotion or interest for his surroundings. Utu was alive, but for all intents and purposes, he may as well have been dead, a puppet of Echelon's necromantic control.

"Still nothing," Echelon remarked. "How much more of these tunnels is there, Zadron? I'm beginning to tire of this wild Dikapi chase..."

"Not far now, Echelon," the Vortixx snapped back. He wasn't exactly enjoying this either; although he supposed he'd take this over the scorching Motara Desert, or indeed the barren surface of Onu-Wahi. Compared to the other groups, they had relatively little to search.

"If this turns up nothing, we still have to search the Mines and the village itself," Echelon warned. "Our work is far from done."

Echelon didn't mention it, but his reserves of Elemental Energy were beginning to run low. Sustaining that relatively powerful field for hours on end was taking its toll, especially since he hadn't had much time to recuperate after the Pala-Koro battle...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Mirehu

Light streamed in from an open window, painting yellow patterns over armor as black as onyx, the bright hues blooming over the dark metal in warped patterns. The light was artificial, created by nothing other than a glowing crystal, there was no sunlight here. No beams of warmth and hope to wake and fill one's soul. Nothing but hard, cold, unforgiving light made by a rock. Mirehu felt it quite depressing as she slowly opened her eyes, the ice-blue orbs blinking away sleep. In fact, this entire village was quite depressing. It felt as though all of the earth above her was pressing down onto her back, forcing her to the ground.

Maybe she was just claustrophobic.

The Toa of Crystal yawned, the light chasing away the last remains of her dreams as she glanced around. A glass of water sat on a table nearby, the crystalline cup refracting the lightstone's light into a colorful starburst. The sounds of Onu-Koro spilled in from the window, but seemed quite different from the other day. Mirehu payed it no mind. Rolling over on the bed, she wasn't all that surprised not to see Raxa there. Probably went out to do something. His new position in Onu-Koro taking up a lot more of his time than Mirehu liked. Well, he always spent some time just with her, which more than made up for it.

She got up out of the bed, stretching slightly to rid of some of the tension from troubling dreams. Yes, she preferred Le-Koro much more than this. There was so much more space in the village of Air, the entire village open to sky, suns, and stars. It was a lot more lively there as well, the Onu-Koroans here being so... boring. Mirehu stood looking out the window, palms rotated outward with her fingers pointed away from each other as she rested her hands on the windowsill. It was nice, and Mirehu nonetheless tried to find a slate-gray Pakari within the crowd. No such luck. He'd be back soon enough.

The rest of her day progressed fairly normally, but still no Raxa. Not for the first time, Mirehu sighed, and made her way over to a self. On it sat numerous books, the bound volumes covering a variety of topics and ranging in different sizes. The Toa of Crystal had acquired for herself as many books as she could find. Running her finger alone the spines of the books, Mirehu scanned the various titles like a hawk does the ground below it. Eventually, she found one that caught her interest, which was also the one she was currently working to finish reading. Figures. Mirehu pulled the book out from its companions, and flipped through the pages. A loose page fell out as she did so, the paper fluttering to the floor. Mirehu folded the book over one of her fingers, saving the page, before reaching down to the piece of parchment.

It was folded slightly. She opened it, looking to see what page it was. Maybe she could fit it bac-

Mirehu froze. It wasn't from the book. It was hand-written. Raxa's handwriting. A sinking feeling started to create a small pit in her stomach, growing steadily larger as she read the note.

"If you love something, set it free; if it comes back, it's yours, if it doesn't, it never will."

Goodbye, Mirehu. While you think the above passage might be me talking about myself, it's not, really-it's me talking about you. You have better things ahead of you than staying on with me, and while I've loved the time together, I'm really afraid I must be off, and let you find your own path.

-Raxa

No.

No, no, no, no, NO!

And suddenly, Mirehu's world seemed to collapse. The world that seemed like it was beginning to actually work for her. The one where she really believed she could finally be happy. The one she had held dear. The one that she only dreamed of.

Gone.

In an instant.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Arkom soon ordered the assembled Ussalmatoran dismissed. He gave special attention to Tarnok and Komisk, telling them to see to it that they were healed before ordering the group to meet on the morrow.

Kultos smiled pleasantly at the De-Toa across the table. The CEO's hands folded across the table with an affable flair. "Hello, Mussiki. I trust you already know my name?"

Aexias opened the door to the cell. She stepped inside with eyes downcast and a gentle kiss to Mussiki's forehead. "Farewell," She whispered. He did not respond.

One of her hands drew a small sword and stabbed it into his side. As quickly as the blow had been struck, she retrieved it and drew a handkerchief for cleaning. But the color on the blade gave her pause.

His blood wasn't red. It was translucent green.

She stabbed the chest. A hinged cover clattered open, revealing a note pinned to her blade beneath. The merc daintily took the script and wiped away its green coating before reading.

Hi. I didn't actually want you to kill me, but thanks for making my escape possible. xoxo

-Dendron

Aexias was chuckling before she realized it and stopped herself. She pocketed the note and walked off cleaning her sword, humming all the way.

Today was a good day.

Edited by Jerry Renault

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC: Nightmare Team, Onu Division ( :P) from Ko-Wahi

IC (Echelon)

_ _ _

IC, Zenix: As soon as the group rounded a corner, Echelon's magnetic field got something. There was a light up ahead. However, the light wasn't getting father- it was getting closer. The light got closer and closer until the recognizable outline of Zenix holding up a dim lightstone lantern came into view. Zenix's red eyes squinted a littlea s he tried to make out who else was there. "Greetings Echelon... and friends," the Toa of Blackfire said. "What brings you down to these bowels of shadows?"

OOC: Interaction request for Ghosthands. Sorry for potentially interrupting, Ghosty, I just couldn't resist having Zenix find Echelon down here. :P This is Zenix's home turf, after all.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

IC: Leli

Finally Tarnok walked out of the room. The first thing Leli did, quite predictably, was hug him. Seeing as what just happened, the green-armored Matoran thought it was the best course of action for him not to do anything stupid.

With that out of the way, she finally asked, "Are you okay?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"A few burns, bruises. Overall unharmed." Tarnok replied almost mechanically, unsurprised at the sudden collision when Leli hugged him, wincing slightly at the contact with the burns on his chest.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

The Le-Koroan pulled away after a moment, looking Tarnok up and down as she did so. "No... You're not okay," she concluded, seemingly ignoring what the Onu-Matoran had said as she answered her own question. "And we're going to get those looked at right now," she continued, her eyes narrowing slightly in seemingly dissatisfaction that he didn't do so before.

Leli didn't give him much time to protest, as she grabbed his arm in a vice-like grip, and began her search for a doctor. Besides, if it came to it, she could always paralyze him, and then take him to get fixed up.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Tarnok followed without protest, though whether it was because he agreed or he simply was too tired to argue was up for debate. "A right turn might be more effective. This hallways goes to the jail."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Echelon)

Echelon smiled to see the familiar Toa of Blackfire.

"Zenix!" he hailed him. "I might've known I'd find you in these depths. I come on a mission of the utmost importance. I do not know whether I am at liberty to reveal...details...but I can tell you that we seek a group of Matoran - of multiple elements. They are in search of something the Dark Lord doesn't want found. I don't suppose you've seen any such Matoran?"

Zadron gave the Necromancer a semi-incredulous glance.

"Matoran wandering Onu-Wahi is hardly unusual, Echelon," the Vortixx said. "Zenix has probably seen many Matoran that would fit your description."

"This is true, Zadron," the Dark Toa replied. "But let us not look a gift-ussal in the mandibles, eh?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Leli glanced back for a moment, an impish grin on her Huna. "And who's to say I'm taking you there, huh?" she said, but nontheless took that right turn. Gosh, even the buildings here were built like tunnels. This whole place was filled with tunnels. Dark, stuffy tunnels. It needed more sunlight and open air. Eventually, Leli broke the silence with a fairly simple question.

"What happened?" she asked, glancing back again, a more concerned expression on her face, "I mean, I heard about it, but..."

Leli wanted to hear it from Tarnok.

"But it's okay if you don't want to," she added quickly, glancing ahead, and realizing that he might not want to talk about it.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC, Zenix: Matoran? What could it be that the Master does not want to be found by them? thought Zenix. He threw those thoughts out of his head. He would ask when the time was right. The Toa shook his head. "Unfortunately no, I haven't seen any such Matoran. Onu-Wahi is not a very traveled place, and a group of Matoran with multiple elements being down here would be unusual. Besides, I would've seen them if they were here. If you wish, I will accompany you and aid you in your search. My mask will hide us if need be."

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

For a long moment, the Onu-Matoran was silent.

When he finally spoke, his voice was flat, almost robotic, any emotion within it purposely removed. "A Ta-Toa came to assassinate Whenua. She attacked rather extravagantly with her element, allowing time for a response. One of my fellows, a Ba-Toa, stepped up to protect the Turaga."

"I heard the fighting, and rushed to the scene just as my comrade was about to fall. I fired an arrow, distracting her, before challenging her to single combat. She accepted, and the Ba-Toa hurried off with the Turaga." He stared straight ahead, his eyes empty. "It was an even fight, at first. Fire blasts were attempted and avoided. Several times she closed to melee range, eventually knocking one of my blades from my hand. I was forced on the defensive, and backed against a wall. When she attempted to bring her sword to my throat, I blocked it and the accompanying blow. She backed up, and fired a massive fire based attack.""I threw a knife through the fire and dodged to the side, being burned in the process. She ran, and I followed, firing with my crossbow. She reached Whenua's hut, defeated the guard, and killed Whenua with the knife she had taken from me.""I arrived a few moments too late."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Leli listened quietly the entire time Tarnok spoke. She didn't immeadiately reply after he finished. One of the Turaga... dead was hard for her to take in. What if... what if it happened to Matau? Leli didn't want to ever think about that. "I'm much-sorry," Leli said quitely, her normally loud, bubbly, cheerful demeanor almost non-existant. It really wasn't like her. And tree-speak was slipping in, it probably effected her a lot more than she let on.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Don't say that!" the green-armored Matoran said, angry that Tarnok would say something like that, blame himself for what happened. She wasn't angry at him, though, but at whoever had killed Whenua. The fact that Tarnok was now blaming himself because of it only served to make her even more angry at the murderer. Leli came to a sudden stop, and spun completely around to glare directly into the Onu-Matoran's eyes.

"Don't you even think that for a minute. You know you did everything you could, do not lie to yourself," she commanded, not going to let him go anywhere untill she got a satisfactory answer. "Got it?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Tarnok's expression didn't change, remaining empty, almost blank. "I am aware that I did everything I could. I've looked, to see if there was something else I could have done. There wasn't. But that's irrelevant. My best wasn't good enough."

He glanced toward Uyism, shaking his head. "You followed the terms I laid out. While combat was in effect, there was to be no interference. And by the time she ran, and those terms no longer applied, you wouldn't have been able to follow. You don't know the streets well enough."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Lux from Po-Wahi.

IC: Lux Saran - Onu-Koro

It was a somber evening in Onu-Koro, a scene completely alien for the young Lux. Whenever he had arrived in the village of earth, there had been always been a sort... electricity in the air. Everyone here liked to be busy, and had to be doing something. Maybe that was why this was one of the most prosperous villages on Mata-Nui.

But not tonight. Everyone was so... melancholic. Grief-stricken. An entire village, caught in such sadness. How was that even possible?

Under the cloud of grief, Lux found himself ducking his head down slightly, as if he might provoke the wrath of the populace by being ever-so-slightly more chipper than them. Hoping to get out of the streets before anything happened, the Po-Matoran ducked into the nearest building he could find - a small, out-of-the-way inn.

He really had to stop ending up in these places.

As his eyes adjusted to the light inside, I noticed that there was another being here; a Toa, probably of fire. He was broad-shouldered, muscular, with a strange black thatch of material on top of his head. He was exactly the sort of person that most people would go out of their way to avoid. But, of course, Lux was not 'most people', and thus, wandered right up to the being (whose name was actually Malcor, but he didn't know that yet), grabbing the stool next to him.

"So," he asked the stranger, in a distressing parched voice, "Are you a local here?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Moving from Ko-Wahi...

IC: Vidar – Ground level of Onu-Wahi

The Rahkshi-Toa made effort to match his pace with that of his comrades (though to him, this speed felt very slow). Soon enough, the time had come to the group to split. After Echelon, Utu, and Zadron descended into the dark tunnels, Vidar continued his search across the barren surface. Around the hunter stood walls of grayish-brown rock, making the line against the horizon appear jagged. After scanning the sight before him, Vidar took out his compass to get a handle on the direction he was heading. He had already determined a route that was molded by the rocky landscape, and it would allow him to best cover all the ground. Vidar put the compass back in his satchel. As the hunter walked, only the most rugged and persevering greenery could be seen. It was funny how something appeared so lifeless on the surface, and yet underneath, there was an entire world. In this part of the landscape, there weren’t even any tunnels, so a newcomer would not even be able to realize that there was a village underneath his feet.

Vidar’s face, obscured by a helmet shaped like a Rahkshi’s head, darkened as his feet slogged over this particular stretch of the rough landscape. He had been here before. While he was not an expert on this region, it was difficult for him to forget the last time he was here. He was searching with Ronkshou for the man who changed his life. The man who Vidar hated, but he had to thank.

Had it not been for this man, who knows what Vidar would have become?

Images of slaughter and pain then assaulted the Dark Toa’s mind, and he staggered for a bit, surprised by such an alien feeling of disgust. Vidar then felt his eyes water, and he feverishly shook his head to dry them out.

Saokiri and Sessile, thoughts that had not occupied Vidar’s psyche in years returned to him uninvited, banging on and eventually breaking down the door into his mind and heart.

Yes, Vidar had a heart, though like his good conscience, it had not been used in decades.

Progress was slow, and Vidar was disappointed to find that no signs were around that even indicated that the Matoran had crossed this barren land. The sun was starting to set, but the darkness had never been a hindrance for the servant of shadow. He still had a pool of energy to use even after all the time he had spent criss-crossing Onu-Wahi. However, Vidar knew that the pool would inevitably run dry; the Parakuka was taking more and more of Vidar’s precious energy by the week. The Dark Toa soon found himself up against a rock wall, and he ferociously began to scale it. Rock-climbing was a dire skill that Vidar mastered early in his training in the art of hunting and killing. Once Vidar reached the top, the flat surface made him realize that he was standing upon a plateau. After walking several more yards, Vidar sat down, satisfied with this resting spot.

Thirty minutes later, Vidar had set up camp, and was fanning the small fire that would keep him warm through the night. He knew that his Parakuka would warn him of any danger, and so Vidar decided that tonight, he could relax.

Unfortunately, Vidar couldn’t relax. Gut-wrenching memories continued to assault Vidar’s psyche, and the names ‘Saokiri’ and ‘Sessile’ swirled around Vidar’s mind.

Vidar didn’t understand why the memories of his parents’ slaughter, the memories of roaming the jungle with no home and a deranged outlook on life, or the ravenous feeling when he discovered who did it, were visiting him at this time.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

She gave a frustrated sound of defeat, one that held in it a lot more than just Tarnok's inability not to blame himself. Not saying a word, Leli grabbed the Onu-Matoran's arm in the vice-like grip once again, and started down the hallway. Not once did she look back at him, eye fixed straight ahead.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

For a moment, Tarnok remained silent. He had easily noted the extra baggage in the sigh, and had pondered how best to acknowledge it, or whether to.

"Are you alright, Leli?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

The Le-Koroan's reply didn't come instantly. "I'm fine," she replied quietly after a pause long enough for Tarnok to wonder if she had heard at all. Leli was most obviously not fine, but she would never openly admit it, ever. She continued to look straight ahead, but the grip on Tarnok's arm loosened somwhat.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Everyone has a certain series of tells, Leli. Little movements made when people are nervous or not quite being truthful. Part of guard training, as you know, is learning to read them.""You're lying. What's wrong?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

"All of it is wrong!" Leli suddenly said, much louder than before. "All of it! Whenua's dead, no one was able to stop the killer, everyone blaming themselves!"

At this, the Le-Koroan looked back at Tarnok, with an expression the clearly showed she wasn't angry, but very upset. "Don't you see? Everyone here is playing into it. Kill the Turaga, and what happens? You stun an entire village and make Mata Nui's most wanted list within five seconds. You stop everyone in their tracks because they're too busy blaming themselves or denying that it ever happened."

There was a sharp intake of breath, and Leli quickly looked straight ahead again. It wasn't even her Turaga that was dead.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"That's why we won't stop moving." Tarnok replied simply, a slight crack in his voice. "Because that's what they want. Ussalry Seventh, at least, won't stop."

"Because it's our duty. Our duty, first and foremost, is to ensure the safety of this village. To ensure that its people are safe, and their will remains strong. Whenua is gone, and it's beyond saddening. But in death, he will strengthen his village. For as many who give up, the killer made him a martyr, and made just as many all the more determined."

"We won't give up. For as long as this village remains, we will do our duty. Duty to our village. Anything else comes second. We have to stay strong, for the sake of the village."

"When we are alone, when no one else is watching, only then will we allow ourselves our grief."

The Onu-Matoran fell silent, as if aware that he had spoken more than he intended. Which he had. He had poured out his feelings on the matter, instead of keeping them guarded.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Leli nodded. They couldn't, and wouldn't give up. As long as Makuta was still rotting under the Kini-Nui, there'd always be alteast one person resisting him. What Tarnok said wouldbe best for the village, but what about him? Holding it in couldn't be healthy. Distancing themselves from emotion was helpful, but when did it become too much? Leli's grip became less directive and more supporting. After a moment, she turned again, and promply hugged Tarnok.

Although, it almost seemed that she needed it more than he did at the moment.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Tarnok hugged her back, once more unsurprised at the sudden hug. He patted her on the back gently, comfortingly. "Come on. Let's head back to my hut. You look like you need to relax."

"Besides. I can take care of my burns myself."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Tarnok wrapped a soothing arm around her shoulder, squeezing gently. "Come on."

The Onu-Matoran began walking toward his hut, ignoring the strange looks given toward him. It wasn't surprising. When a known, and well liked, Ussalry officer walks through the streets with a burned torso covered only by the tattered remains of a button up shirt, people tended to take notice.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Leli leaned up against Tarnok, greatful for the hug. She wasn't rewally focused on where they were going, and let him lead her to his hut. Everyone that wasn't giving them a strange look seemed like the weight of the earth above them suddenly came crashing down on them. Whenua's death effected everyone here, whether the wanted it to or not.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

With his free hand, Tarnok opened the door to his home, and carefully led Leli through the door and toward the library. It was the least empty room of the house, and easily the most comfortable.

He gestured toward the armchair. "Have a seat. It's one of the better chairs in the place."He turned slightly, opening a cabinet. His shoulders sagged slightly, his posture loosening. Now that he no longer had to force himself to seem strong, he seemed small, weakened.

fK5oqYf.jpg