Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC

Echelon gave Zadron raised eyebrow. In response, the Vortixx rolled his eyes. Zadron didn't bother to explain to the two Toa that he hadn't exactly meant the backwater tunnels; Onu-Koro was a major trade-hub and the main locations were quite frequented.

"We've swept the tunnels anyway, and found nothing," Echelon told Zenix. "That leaves the mines, and the Koro itself. You remember Kyju, don't you? I think it may be time to check on our friend in Onu-Koro..."

A while later, a pair of beings stood outside Kyju's front door in Onu-Koro. Echelon and Zenix, disguised by the latter's Mahiki, waited patiently for the Akrainid to answer their knock. Zadron and Utu had remained behind, deep in the Wahi's tunnels; Echelon had recommended it so as not to risk detection any more than necessary.

Echelon raised a hand and rapped again on the door.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Leli

The Le-Koroan dropped into the chair, hugging her legs close as she pulled them up. Her chin on her knees, Leli watched Tarnok silently, unable to see what he was doing from her position. His shoulders sagged, and it didn't do much to her current mood to see him like this. Then Uyism spoke, and for a minute, Leli wasn't sure if she had heard the four-armed being right.

Leli glanced over to her with a confused, and slightly embaressed, expression on her face. "Erm... What?

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Things had been dreadfully melancholy since the old geezer went down the tubes in Onu-Koro, cut down by an agent of the Four Peers after just the teensiest public spectacle. The Village of Earth was a far cry from its normal hustle and industrial bustle: all was quiet in the wake of Whenua’s assassination, and somewhere, in an otherwise-empty bar in the middle of an otherwise-empty district, two mercenaries for a certain Gyn Kirsug sat in the rec room playing pool, though it was very clear their hearts weren’t in it.

One, a Skakdi of Ice with attractive features and a grim look on her face, knocked the white ball carefully with the grace of someone who had wielded swords all her life: the pool stick worked like an extension of her arm, sending the ball into several striped pool balls and scoring her one, two, three, four, five points. The other Skakdi groaned, threw up his hands, and then dropped the pool stick against the edge of the table. This on was nowhere near as attractive, but there was still something off about him: he was a Skakdi of Fire, dark, powerful, a red shirt covering up a variety of battle scars earned in the name of Gyn, and the way he casually discarded the pool stick would have been enough to break a Matoran’s back if it had been dropped on him. The utensil, but created no other sound: the Ice Skakdi took a second to glance disparagingly at her companion before going again, this time scoring a measly one point.

The male Skakdi walked over to the bar, poured two more drinks, slid one down the pool table for his partner to sip on. The ale went untouched as the Skakdi lined up another shot and then set the pool stick down reverently, much more so than her partner had; she seemed to recognize the folly of smacking around a couple balls in such an environment with only one person there to watch as the competition unfolded. The male shook his head with a small laugh and then downed his in a lackluster gulp, a motion sorely limited in the energy department.

“Look on the bright side, Aexias.”

“Vat bright side could zerr POSSIBLY be to zis, Rehd Shurrt?”

The Skakdi opened his gaping mouth to answer, but no words ever spilled from the cavernous maw: a shadow blipped out from behind the bar and then came up behind the Skakdi of Fire, sliding a gladius carefully and lovingly through his chest. Red Shirt choked thrice on his own blood, tried to force out a warning to Aexias, before the sword was yanked unceremoniously from his vertebrae, where the tip had been lodged, and the mercenary fell.

In his place stood a woman, just a hair’s shorter than normal and starved looking for a Toa, beautiful, but slightly unhinged looking: though her appearance was neat and matted, there was something in her deep brown eyes, a smoky tendency, that made even gazing past the outer layers of her irises feel dangerous. Aexias felt her spine crawl: it was sudden and sharp, a slow trickle of ice water down the back. It was a reaction she was unaccustomed to, and she went to move before the Toa was on top of her, bending her at the waist so that she was laid down evenly from the small of her back to the tip of her head on the pool table. The Toa grinned, waved slightly, and then released Aexias’ wrists from her cool, smooth grip; though she was no longer bound by the Toa of Plasma, the Skakdi of Ice still could not move, for the Toa had her pinned in such as fashion that even the slightest move would open her up to a variety of positions that would be anything but favorable in close quarters combat. Her assailant hovered over her curiously, like a child holds a present close to his face on his birthday, trying to see through the top of the box and discern what’s inside before ripping the packaging apart.

Check.

“Listen, I want both of us to have fun tonight,” the Toa chirped, her voice far too cheerful when juxtaposed with the blood freshly spilled onto her hands, “but if you so much as try and throw a punch, I’ll turn all 27 of the bones in the offending hand to dust, mmkai?”

Aexias merely nodded in response, eyes mutinous; the Toa grinned.

“You’re Aexias,” the Toa continued, speaking in statements rather than hypothesis; her eyes seemed to fill with more of that mysterious smoke as she talked, lending more enigma to the very air around her. “Skakdi mercenary, one of the best on this podunk little rock. You’re an excellent fencer, you have a penchant for faking your own death, and somehow, you keep finding the time to look absolutely beautiful in between it all. Just, coincidentally, someone who I’d like to have on my side. Believe you me, sweetie, we are gonna have SO. MUCH. FUN. TOGETHER.”

As the last four words eked out of her mouth, her hands balled suddenly into fists, fingers becoming slick with Rehd Shurrt’s blood, and banged on the pool table on either side of Aexias’ pretty face. The grin never changed, nor did the eyes; Aexias felt a sudden chill of fear examining that face, beautiful, yet somehow contorted in a fickle sort of madness that almost seemed to come and go, as if it were a beast on a leash, a wolf with a half-working muzzle. A sudden snap: the wood underneath the green felt of the pool table gave out, and the woman’s hands ripped through the top of the table as though it were paper, leaving gaping holes on either size of the Skakdi’s head.

“This is so weird. I just had one of those moments where you feel like you’ve dreamed this exact moment in time before,” the Toa whispered, as if she were sharing her crush on the schoolyard. “You ever get that, Aexias?”

“And who are you, again?” the Skakdi asked, her voice finally returned, now with a somewhat spiteful tone. The Toa didn’t seem to notice; on the contrary, she seemed almost flattered that Aexias cared enough to ask. As the Toa pushed away from her, Aexias’ eyes flicked towards the glass of ale and for a second, she looked like she would’ve almost considered drinking it just to soothe her nerves, but the Pa-Toa shook her head and withdrew a small vial of rat poison from her pocket, grabbed her collar, stuck her tongue out and made a choking sound. Aexias’ eyes slowly made their way to the back of the pool table, to Rehd Shurrt’s glass, knocked to the floor beside his lifeless body, and the ale sliding off the bottom of the glass, blending with his hot blood. In front of her, the Toa giggled. Another shiver of fear down Aexias’ normally-collected spine.

And mate.

“Again,” she repeated, “who are you, and vhat business do you have vith me?”

“Oh, wow, I’m sorry, I must seem terribly rude,” the Toa of Plasma replied, sitting down on the other pool table and casually snapping the pool stick with a giggle: both sharp edges were twirled around like batons, almost for fun, it would appear, for a minute or so before being jammed into the ground like gladiator’s swords in the middle of a coliseum. When she seemed satisfied that they wouldn’t budge anytime soon, she stood again and reached out her hand for a shake, barely restraining a small, excited giggle.

“My name’s Anyanka. Now, how about you and me try some girl talk on for size?”

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Echelon)

"Kyju," said Echelon. The Akrainid would not recognise the Necromancer's disguised appearance - but, especially with his acute hearing, the Toa of Magnetism's voice was familiar enough. "Might we step inside? There are a few matters I wish to discuss..."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC. Kyju's Home.Kyju lowered his voice. What was Echelon doing here, disguised? If the mask didn't disguise his voice, it was likely a Toa 'mask of illusion' which meant there was a possibility his friend was Zenix."Come in, of course." He opened the door wider, letting the two in. "What is it you would like to discuss?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC (Echelon)

Once the door was safely shut behind them, Echelon gave Zenix a nod, and the Toa of Blackfire dropped the illusion, revealing the true forms of Kyju's visitors.

"Well," Echelon said, "firstly, I wanted to check up on how your plans are progressing. How has it gone so far, my friend?"

IC. Kyju's Home.Kyju closed the door and locked it. There were no windows in his house, so observation was impossible."Wonderfully. My plans have extended beyond success. I am shifting back into the shadows where I am most effective. I am secretly establishing connections with criminal guilds, making my grip more universal. Even if the Matoran break down my control on the government, I still have a grip on the economy."He lit a candle, illuminating the dim room just a bit more."Now, you wouldn't be here if your plans didn't require it. How go your escapades, Echelon?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC (Echelon)

Echelon nodded.

"Excellent work," he said. "Our Master will be most pleased. The Matoran are too trusting; they welcome in their enemies with uncanny naivete."

Kyju lit a candle, and the small flame jumped into glimmering life, a small and defiant tongue of flame. Despite its brightness and vigour, it could be all too easily snuffed out. A fitting analogy for the Matoran's spirit...

"Now, you wouldn't be here if your plans didn't require it. How go your escapades, Echelon?"

"Escapades?" Echelon replied, an look of amusement on his mask. "You make me sound like a Matoran adventurer. But you are correct; I am on a mission of the greatest importance, and it is for that reason that I seek your help. I, and a handful of other elite Servants, am hunting a group of Matoran. They seek certain artifacts, powerful items stolen long ago from Makuta himself. The must not be allowed to find them."

Echelon tapped one finger against his staff, the clink of metal against metal accentuating the urgency of his task.

"They were last seen in Ko-Wahi," he continued. "Ronkshou believes they have gone either to Po-Wahi, or here. I and my companions have swept the tunnels; we found nothing. That leaves the Great Mine, and the Koro itself.

"Which is why your influence here is invaluable. You have access to customs records, border reports, surveillance. If they've been in or out of this village in the last two days, I need to know."

Edited by Illusive Ghosthands

IC. Kyju's Home."Hmm..." Kyju leaned against one of the walls of his home. So Echelon had taken up a mission with other members of the Fist of Makuta? Interesting... "I will definitely allow you access to the records, on the condition that you will lead me to the rest of your party. I am in need of contact with our faction."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Pae - Onu-KoroPae stood quietly in the shadows, watching Kyju's home carefully. He scanned the street from his place in the darkness before turning around again, flashing to another interval in the alleyway with has Kakama, in order to check for any possible followers. He crouched in the darkness, checking in all directions carefully. Pae was never one to put himself in a position where he wouldn't know if others were trailing him.It wasn't the first time he saited outside of Kyju's home. After initially doing so out of mistrust, Pae eventually started out of protective reasons. Kyju knew he was there after a while, and upon making this known, Pae simply stepped out of the shadows to give a curt nod.Now Pae stood by, always awaiting a possible intruder. Kyju was too important to leave on his own. At least without some sort of protection from the Fist of Makuta. Pae of course, took it upon himself to provide said protection.He stood back up again, briskly walk-gliding back to his initial place at the end of the alley.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: Delta from Le-Wahi.

IC: Delta Stratos - Onu-Wahi Tunnels

In the cold darkness of Onu-Wahi, Delta always felt a light grow brighter in her soul.

Few beings found this place very hospitable, with its labyrinthian mines, its constant aura of shadow and the eternal alteration between frigid cold and sweltering heat. But to her, it was home. She had been born in the darkness (metaphorically speaking), and the darkness had raised her, like all other Onu-Matoran from Mata-Nui. From an early age, they learned how to walk, talk and breathe in the shadows of the underworld.

It often wasn't for years that they would venture out into the lands above, and even then, there were few who stayed for long periods of time. Not unless there was a very good reason to, which there often wasn't. Villagers of the earth liked it down here, closed off from the dangers that the world of sun brought.

But then, there are some Onu-Matoran who thrive above ground, the "black sheep", if you were, of Onu-Koro. Those like Midak who have developed livelihoods up there without a care in the world.

Had you asked Delta three years ago which category she fell into, she probably would've answered the adventurous type. She had been cooped up in Onu-Koro since birth, and, like most beings her age who have never experienced something, wanted desperately to see the sun and feel the breeze.

That had been about the time that he had shown up. Lux Saran, the wannabe hero, professional nomad. The insufferably optimistic Matoran with the awkward smile and the determination to make everyone happy. Particularly her.

They set out for the world, spending the next year travelling from one end of the island to the other, fighting bad guys, going on adventures and generally having a good time. For the first 364 days, everything was great.

But, by the 365th day of that year, something changed. This narrator believes that the scientific term for the phenomenon is "Delta-got-homesick" -itus. So, the duo parted ways, Lux towards his life of wandering, and Delta, back to her village, back to her family and friends and career.

Of course, that didn't permanently stick, since somehow she ended up on an expedition into Le-Koro, but the point still stood. Onu-Koro was her home, and she needed little time there right now.

-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Kutukan

Kutukan deposited himself on a barstool and asked for something strong, then passed the bartender a few widgets. In moments, a glass filled with some sort of transparent red liquid was deposited in front of him. It didn't look particularly appetizing, but then again, he wasn't here for the taste. He knocked back the entire glass in one sip, then let out a sigh. Well, the drink was strong, he would give the bartender that much...

It burned. Oh, Mata-Nui, did it burn. He felt the needles piercing his flesh and entering his veins. He felt the liquid seeping into him, like tar in his bloodstream. He couldn't do anything about it, the medicine they gave him saw to that, but he could still feel it. That piraka of a doctor...if Kutukan ever got the chance, he would tear that doctor limb from limb.

Then, all at once, he felt his arm expanding, swelling, bursting at the seams. He felt his bones being torn apart at the ligaments, displacing his armor and tearing the fragile organic protodermis beneath. The last thing he saw before he blacked out was that insane doctor lifting a syringe and bringing it down, down down, aiming straight for his forehead--

The sound of breaking glass interrupted Kutukan's thoughts. It was a shame; that memory had been a new one. He looked down at his arm, still as large and riddled with implants as it had been the last time he had checked, and cast a glance over at the source of the shattering.

No. It had been so long since he had last seen...

"Malcor!" he called, the alcohol distorting his voice somewhat, "it's been too long, friend."

67tlbk.png

OOC: Joske from Ko-Wahi

IC [Onu-Koro Highway; early afternoon] Old and abandoned weren't the words I'd describe it. Try creepy. The Onu-Koro Highway had seen better days. Fallen debris and piles of rock and dirt littered the edges of the tunnel, wild and strange-glowing plants growing in the outcrops, possible remains of something every so often. One would think this road would have been better-kept, but apparently there weren't enough people using this regularly enough to warrant upkeep. I didn't like it. None of us did. It reminded me too much of the Makuta's darkness, and those of his followers. Still, we pressed on, the four of us walking slowly, lightstones raised to get an much light down the tunnel as possible. At regular intervals I could see divots in the walls, roughly the right size for a lightstone - at one point this road must have been well-lit, but time and looters must have made them disappear. That, or the need for already-processed light sources. Every once in a while I saw an intact crystal, but they were brown and inert, the lightstones having long ago shone its last. We had been traveling all morning, and despite our slow progress we had made good time. The crude map Rhanus gave us showed that we were near Onu-Koro; maybe another hour, tops. Still, we were hungry (or at least Angelus and myself were) so having found a small cave off tot he side we broke for lunch, digging into our well-prepared sacks. As I pulled out a biscuit and some fruit I looked around at our group, noting there were still only four. "Think... Tuara will find us?" I commented between bites.

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Malcor (Onu-Koro, pub)

Malcor had been about to return to his morbid thoughts when suddenly someone shouted out his name. His crimson eyes flickered over to the Skakdi of magnetism. He tried to act like he didn't recognize him. "I'm sorry I think you have the wrong Toa." he said. He then silently got up and headed towards one of the back-rooms, and looked back over his shoulder as if telling Kutukan to follow in a few minutes.

Once in the room Malcor began to pace. No... how did he find me? Is he working for them? Has he been sent to kill me? He thought. He hadn't seen the Skakdi since before the breakout, when they'd both been weapons, simple pawns in Dark's insidious game of chess. Now they were both free, and survivors of a soul destroying experience. Where did that leave them? If Kutukan tried anything Malcor would kill him. Then he'd run and he'd vanish, like he'd always had. Dark was hunting him now, and his friends, it was only a matter of time before they found him.

IC: Angelus (Onu-Wahi)

A couple seconds of silence; this could be chalked up simply to him taking bites of food, but the lack of reply was deeper, more rooted in something about Angelus and Tuara's that was slightly visible on the surface to anyone observant enough to look but otherwise was kept buried. Something in his big blue eyes, still somewhat naive even despite all they'd been through, something in those eyes sang of a deeper kind of hurt than physical: hurt in the soul.

"I dunno, man," he finally sighed, propping his elbows up on his knees and clasping his hands. "Maybe, if she wants to. She's been...hard to predict lately."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: AarDone with his first shift of the day, the Komau-wearing Onu Matoran leaned against a rock near the edge of the town, resting his tired muscles. His trusty pickaxe sat next to him. His eyes were hard as he gazed at the ground, anger and resentment towards fate shining in the dark green orbs. Aar was miffed. He always was these days, but the death of the Turaga, Kyju's promises, and everyone else's blind belief in him was making it worse. OOC: Aar open for interaction.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

ooc: LoJak from Po-Wahi

IC:

I'm lost.

At least, LoJak was quite sure he was. He'd departed Po-Wahi with the hopes of reaching Ta-Koro, his home village, but it seemed fate had had other ideas. LoJak had come across a group of travellers who had sworn that a nearby tunnel would cut the travel time in half, a shortcut unknown to most Matoran, and, more importantly, Makuta. They had told which turns to take underground, but it seemed LoJak had gotten the directions mixed up, resulting in his current situation.

He was determined not to become angry though, or curse. He had to control his emotions and actions, even when no one else was present. To be a proper role model, LoJak had to maintain a certain level of dignity at all times. Temperance was about more than just abstinance from drinks - it was the virtue of self-restraint against all vices, great and small. Not that it was always easy, especially when one was lost.

Keeping a ball of fire floating ten feet behind him for light, LoJak continued through the tunnel. He began to notice niches in the wall, some containing inert lightstones.

Well, it seems I've gotten sufficently lost that I've found civilization. Or at it's tomb.

LoJak froze. He heard voices up ahead. There were at least one, no two people talking. He had to be cautious. The last time he had heard voices in tunnel there had been an ambush, injuring and killing several of his comrades.

LoJak extinguished the fire and moved forward slowly. Keeping the fire reasonably far from himself had prevented his eyes from becoming too aclimated to the light, allowing him to quickly adapt to the darkness.

There seemed to be an opening in the wall , likely leading to a cavern based on the acoustics. Light emanated from within, and LoJak decided to peer inside. There were four beings, at least two Ta-Toa.

Perhaps Fate is kinder than I thought. Toa are the ones I seek; the ones I hope to inspire if they are in need of it, or those whom I hope to recruit to my cause if not.

ooc: Joske and gang?

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC

[Onu-Koro Highway; early afternoon]

"I dunno, man," Angelus finally sighed, watching him prop his elbows up on his knees and clasping his hands. "Maybe, if she wants to. She's been...hard to predict lately- "

He froze mid-sentence, his whole body arching slightly as his eyes darted around, as if looking for something. My own instincts kicked in, but a few heartbeats later; it would seem as though living in the wild jungle had honed his sense to danger much sharper than my own, and I considered my pretty sharp, considering how much traveling alone I had done.

The sound of quiet footsteps, approaching slowly. And they were NOT Tuara's.

We were not alone down here.

Moving only my eyes I glanced at Agni, who nodded and moved slightly closer to Cael, protecting her if need be and in position to support us if required. Glancing at Angelus we nodded together, and moving my mouth I began a silent count.

One... two... three...

Activating my Kakama I bolted for the cave entrance just as a head poked around the corner. He tried to react as I made a grab for him, his attempt to slide out of my grasp a futile effort. I wore a Kakama; I was faster than him. Period.

Too bad he wasn't a smidge faster.

He tried to whirl around, but I moved quicker than him, grabbing an arm and twisting his body, his chest and head making slight contact with the wall. He would have made a move to retaliate, except for the fact that he got hit from behind - Angelus had finally caught up, giving him a good one across the back, yanking him in the process. When the dust settled our new friend was laying on the ground in the cavern, staring up at three hard faces, all of them Ta-Toa, with a Ga-Toa slightly behind. I leaned in a bit to get a better look: tall, lean, usual red color scheme for a Ta-Toa but he interestingly wore black armor. Wore an Iden. Had a long scar running down his left arm. I didn't let down my guard, but I sensed that he wasn't a threat. I smirked slightly.

"Listen, friend, it's not wise to sneak up on a group of toa; not all are friendly in these parts."

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC:

"A fact which I am well aware of, and a problem which I am trying to rectify."

LoJak took a moment to inspect the Ta-Toa that had first attacked him and now spoke to him. He seemed physically fit, if a little small. He didn't seem to have any weapons, which LoJak thought indicated the Toa was not particularly evil. Makuta's forces seemed overly concerned with collecting tools of destruction, as much to inflict damage as to to assuage fears of attack. Although he couldn't be sure, he was determined to give him and the others the benefit of the doubt - it was the right thing to do.

Also, there were three of them and only one of him.

"So I wonder if you actually are the friend you say you are."

ooc: Just changed Masks to an Iden the other day, forgot to edit my profile. Sorry about that, will do so right away.

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC (Echelon)

Echelon nodded.

"Naturally," he said. "I will help you get in touch with any member you wish - but unfortunately I cannot do so until our current mission is fulfilled. Not only is time of the essence in our task, but we split up to cover more ground. I assume it is Vidar and Ronkshou you wish to speak with, and they are many kio away by now."

He tapped his staff again, the only sign of his impatience.

"Now, as long as these terms are acceptable to you, I would appreciate your showing me those records..."

IC: Tarnok

Tarnok shot Uyism a tired, but annoyed, glare. "No, Uyism. There are so many things I could say to that, but no."

The Onu-Matoran pulled two items from the cupboard, a box of medical supplies, and a bottle. The bottle was dusty and old, filled with a dark purple liquid.

"Le-Koran. Stoppered before the Mata came along. Never had a good enough reason to drink it. I think the qualifies." His voice was sad, quietly so, but the emotion was there nonetheless.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

The green-armored Matoran looked at the dusty bottle, then back at Tarnok. "You sure?" Leli asked, her gaze questioning. "Yeah, okay then..."

She hated to see Tarnok like this, or anyone, for that matter. He seemed so... Broken. Defeated. Powerless. In both spirit and body. Leli couldn't exactly say anything different for her. Whenua -any of the Turaga, for that matter- were an immovable part of the island. It was almost as if someone had suddenly removed the jungle of Le-Wahi.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"It's the end of an era." Tarnok said quietly, pulling down three glasses. With only a moment's hesitation, he pulled the cork from the bottle, and poured an even amount into the three glasses. "Might as well end it with the respect it deserves."

He picked up one glass himself, looking at it with a rather detached air. Tough those present were not aware of it, lack of occasion wasn't the only reason he had never opened the bottle. The Onu-Matoran had not drinken anything containing alcohol in years, aside from certain social functions, wherein it was inevitable. Alcohol clouded the judgement, and a protector must remain clear headed.

But, he supposed, there were exceptions.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Leli unwrapped her arms from around her legs, and set them down. Leaning forward slightly she rested her head onher knuckles with her elbows on her knees. Leli didn't pick up one of the glasses, she was never big on drinking alcohol to begin with, and mere sat there. Her bright green eyes, normally alight with a mischievous glint, were sad and concerned as they watched Tarnok carefully. She didn't know what to say, a definite first, or do to just make him feel better.

Eventually, though, as to not be rude, Leli picked up one of the glasses. She didn't drink it, and just continued to watch the Onu-Matoran.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Vidar – Papa Nihu Reef – Onu-Wahi

Vidar awoke early on the next morning, the sun not even breaching the horizon. Vidar quickly reached into his weathered rucksack and pulled out some stale bread and preserved meat for breakfast. After eating his food quickly, the Dark Toa packed up his things and moved down from the plateau.

The Papa Nihu reef was Vidar’s final spot to search, but it was definitely the hardest. There were so many tiny islets and outcroppings, and Vidar would have to search each one, as well as underwater.

In fact, Vidar thought, the water would be the best place to hide such a thing, the darkness would make the rock easier to hide.

However, this thought made the Toa cringe. While he no longer had access to his Air elemental powers, he still had the sensibilities of a Toa of Air, and he hated being in the water. Air, simply, could not last in the water; not unless there was a container to hold it.

The Dark Toa grunted as he continued his westward trudge. This wilderness could be rather harsh sometimes, but that never stopped Vidar from finding the things he needed.

Young Vidar was a shy Le-Matoran, having been born in the woods with just his parents, and not at all used to copious amounts of social interaction. This would lead to a situation as unfortunate as the death of his parents: where would he go now that they were gone?

The terrified young Le-Matoran dashed into the wilderness, and found a canopy to hide in – fearful that the monster that slay his mother and father was still out there, hunting him. The child shivered and cried until he drifted off to sleep.

Eventually, hunger and thirst threatened to take Vidar. He would do the bravest thing he had ever done, and hunt for food.

He had been taught how to live out here by his father, how to choose the right fruits and berries, and the process for catching game. However, little Vidar would not catch wild animals today, berries and fresh water would do for now – he would at least last until the next day.

Vidar silently laughed at his younger self, amazed at how much things changed. It was true that everyone had to start somewhere, and Vidar’s recent work had made him forget that.

Perhaps it was the Parakuka that was reminding him? Ronkshou often chided the Toa for his supposed “arrogance”. He hoped that this slug wasn’t working on his behalf.

[Late Afternoon]

Seeking to rest his legs, the Dark Toa sat down on the edge of a rock, overlooking the calm waters. He had finished searching the surface of every last rock, legitimate islet, and barnacle-covered outcropping that the Papa Nihu Reef had to offer. He knew by the position of the sun that the day was more than half over, and now the sun was seeking to fade back down below the horizon and leave Vidar once again in the darkness.

Vidar cringed once again. He knew that the search in the watery depths would be much worse after the sun went down than before. He had to take advantage of this opportunity.

Vidar then winced and tightened up, a pain shooting up his spine. His slimy companion felt similar, and it was not at all afraid to explore the waters.

A second prick to the spine got Vidar climbing to his feet with much effort.

For the Master, Vidar thought begrudgingly. He acquiesced with the pleas of his Parakuka and took in a huge gulp of air. He then ran and dived into the cool, wet depths.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC. Kyju's Home."Ah...come with me in your disguise. We must go to the customs office. Quickly- we would not wish to look suspicious under current circumstances." He waited for the mask of illusion to reactivate, and led the two out the door. As he stepped out, he nodded to Pae. With a simple mouthing of the word "follow" he knew the First Inquisitor would stalk along unseen.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

:kaukau: IC: (Jloudo)

The runt Skakdi skuddled through the tunnels, looking for his lost Ussal. "Duku," he chirped. "Dukuuuuuuuu. Duuuuuuuuuuuku." And there was no reply. Well, if this wasn't gosh darn inconvenient. He really just wanted his Ussal, and not much else. Such a small request, and the entire universe seemed to be working against him on it. It's not like he owed the universe anything. Those silly Matoran. Some old person died and nobody showed up to work. Jloudo wasn't sure why they were sad. If anything, Jloudo thought it made sense to be afraid, and Duku would have been his comfort. But no, someone went and let his precious Duku out on the loose, somewhere in the strange and dark depths of the hallways, far beyond his reach. Now he would have to search every last corner until his precious lamb was found.

"Duku!I"

Jloudo was almost becoming erratic. Really, now, these here were dangerous parts. He was seriously traveling them without any protection. He looked into what he thought was a dark corner, although he couldn't be sure. He saw in thermal imaging, not according to the traditional color spectrum. So he thought that there was no light in the hallway, by virtue of there being no glowing red spots that indicated heat output.

And now he was lost. How conveniently inconvenient this was, now wasn't it? He would not, no never would not ever, leave his poor Duku again. That fwubby little tubber was everything to him, and whoever let the Ussalry gate open would pay.

He continued down the path, now completely lost and running his tiny right hand along the wall. It was the safe bet and the only way out of such situations. If he saw the heat of some being however, and if it didn't chirp in the way that only Duku did, he would run away in sheer terror. He wasn't sure if any of that was really a plan...

Then he saw something on the ground that was glowing red, but it wasn't in the shape of an Ussal, so he did indeed run, yes indeedly. O yes how indeedly he did run, and while he was indeedly running he ran into a wall, and what a thin wall it was, for he also ran through it. Yes, through it, like there wasn't much to it. The next thing he knew he was falling down from a height in what must have been a much bigger tunnel, bigger in the sense that a full-grown Skakdi could have done jumping-jacks in there. He tumbled down the arch of the tunnel wall until he rolled onto the middle of the floor.

Brrrrr. He shook his head and looked up. That red glow was still up there, somewhere above his head where a hole in the wall he had made. Upon consideration of how terribly not good that was, he squeeled and began running as fast as he could down this new, bigger hallway that was meant for bigger people than a runt such as himself. He didn't like these bigger hallways, because bigger monsters could lurk therein. O terrible! O Dreadful! How very not nice!

He ran and scurried, even as he was thoroughly out of breath, as he was carried on by adrenalin, because that was what happened when people got very scared. He wasn't going to stop until he felt safe and sound.

And then something that bore a reasonable similitude with the concept of safety entered his vision, and his sense of panick was relieved, for the figures he saw were like Toa, and by his reckoning they were either plasma or fire Toa, because there body heat was very high. Yes, very high. How biologically intriguing. He hoped they were not Dark Toa, because that would not be good because it was very bad, and one could not be good good when already being good at bad, because the two qualities were mutually exclusive by definition.

He continued running, and the rush continued to take away all ense of rational thought out of his brain, which wasn't saying much. He never subscribed to common notions of rational thought in the first place. But that wasn't the point the be made, because there was clearly some other point that was going to be made, but what was it? Ah, yes, the point was that he was going haywire, even for himself, which meant that the synapses of his brain were incapable of rendering the simple concept of stopping or slowing down or even acknowledging that there was something in front of him that he would run, which he therefore did because of said failure to process such information on his surroundings. One moment, he was like a little cockroach, his senses were strapped a foot above the ground while rocketed along by a fusion-powered Ussal, and the next that world of senses was united by the greatest common denominator how how shocking it was to have his face planted in the shin of a fire Toa.

He bounced off of said shin, and the Ta-Toa looked down at him. Jloudo scurried figure eights around on the floor before the Ta-Toa like a little beetle, too high-flung on his senses to really think, but somewhat aware that he was in the presence of a Toa. He was hyperventilating, because he had seen some sort of small creature down in that other hallway, but he was safe now, or presumably safe because probability suggested that these Toa would have nothing to gain from killing him. Unless they wanted his kidney. Oh, Great Lord of Korkhubliaan, pray that they did not want his kidneys! Because most probably not wanting to hurt him was not the same as most definitely not wanting to hurt him.

He continued to hypeventilate, and then he looked up at the Toa, and then he squeeled, "Uh, hello! Uh - uh - uh - uh - uh -ummmm. Have you seen my Ussal, Duku? And please don't take my kidneys - I worked hard for those!"

And then he fainted.

This was the way of the Jloudo.

OOC: I imagine that the person he ran into was Agni. I hope you didn't mind, Tuck. I just desperately needed a first post for him.

Ignoring Uyism's comment, Tarnok stared at his drink. Quietly, he muttered to himself, "To Turaga Whenua. You'll be missed."

In one swift move, he downed the glass, and sat heavily in his chair, staring at the space in front of him. Silently, tears started to leak from the edges of his eyes, quiet testament to the Onu-Matoran's grief.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: For reference, these two posts also include Vidar's backstory.

IC: Vidar – Papa Nihu Reef – Onu-Wahi

A young Le-Matoran, dressed in rags and cloths made from the fruitful leaves of the jungle, crept with bated breath under the canopy. A wall of light welcomed the Le-Matoran with open arms, and he picked up his pace every slow lightly, careful not to jostle his bag of javelins too much.

Finally, Vidar arrived at an open field. He had been scanning and circling his area for decades, analyzing what type of wild game scurried through these lands. The Le-Matoran soon learned that there was some sort of rabbit habitat nearby, and Vidar was eager to test the quickness of his hand.

Vidar slowed his pace back to creep, and gingerly pulled a long, sharpened bamboo stick from his container. He took ten paces through the soft grass, and then stopped. He learned to calculate time not with a stop watch, but to his heartbeat. He decided that about twenty-five heartbeats would be sufficient before he began pacing again.

He waited the allotted time, only to see and hear nothing. He took ten more paces…

Vidar spent the next hour alternating between being above and below the surface of the water. He powered his legs as best as he could through the ocean, pushing far enough to reach the ocean floor. He kept in mind that a Matoran could only go so deep underwater given the common Matoran armor (and their ability to retain air in their lungs) as opposed to a Toa, which meant that Vidar had less to search than he initially feared. Every time, the Dark Toa would dip into the ocean and keep himself down there until he searched the area that he mapped out in his mind. Then, patiently, he would rise up to the surface and regain his breath, resting on a nearby rock. After his breathing stabilized, Vidar would venture into the water again, this time searching a different area that Vidar mapped out in his mind.

It was hunting, but instead of a small, lighting-fast wild game, it was a clue – a clue that would be stationary.

The young Le-Matoran felt himself getting impatient. It had been ten minutes with no sign if wild game. At this point, he had heard them, but now Vidar was afraid that the rabbits might have all fled – that something about how Vidar was moving was alerting them.

Vidar then shook his head. He couldn’t distract himself. Only when he was out of the area could be go back and analyze. Right now, he was still hunting.

Then, Vidar saw a four-legged blur sneak from the left edge of his peripheral vision. His body acted before his mind could process it, and before he knew it, Vidar had hurled a javelin at the point where the small animal was going to run through.

It was a perfect shot, the stick passing clean through the middle of the rabbit’s body.

Vidar stifled a ‘woo-hoo’ as he excitedly walked to see this catch. Indeed, Vidar would be having the best dinner he’s had since his parents’ death.

The sinkhole presented itself seemingly out of nowhere, and Vidar nearly gasped at the obviousness of it.

A perfect hiding place.

Vidar had no idea if one of the stones was actually down here or if one of the Matoran was down here. Still, the hunted swam forward, descending deeper into the darkness.

The sinkhole was not that large, so it did not take Vidar long to search it.

Vidar scanned the sandy sea floor, his air reserves in good shape for the time being. He then saw a group of seaweed that had some sleek stones at the bottom. Vidar quickly swam to the site and looked over the rocks, observing how they roughly resembled Toa stones. The hunter gingerly felt a couple of the rocks, and noted the missing pieces of barnacle and scum, as if someone had picked over these already. That was good, but having the actual Toa Stone be hidden here would have been better. After being disappointed, he kicked the sand to move himself to another edge of the pit.

That when he saw it – some sort of light source!

Vidar propelled to the cave where the light was coming from, a look of determination in his eyes. He then reached to his back and took out his Claw Staff, ready for anything.

When the Dark Toa approached the cave, he saw but two things: a lightstone and a cephalopod that held quickly snatched it back up, seemingly protective of its allure.

Protecting the light from the Makuta. Funny how that always ended in only one way.

The octopus squirted a massive glob of shadowy ink at the serpentine Toa. The skilled hunter and practical ethologist, ducked to the side, and adroitly rammed the sharp end of his staff into the creature’s right eye. The lightstone fell from the cephalopod’s tentacle, it’s powerful suckers momentarily ceasing to function in response to the mind-breaking jolt of pain. Vidar deftly retracted the blade and whirled his staff around, grabbing the lightstone with its clawed end. While the lightstone wasn’t surely needed, Vidar considered that it might be useful.

The Dark Toa smiled darkly at this interesting parallel, and he abandoned the half-blind Rahi in darkness.

Vidar inhaled deeply and loudly when he broke the surface of the water, that trek having took longer than the other deep see searches. He found that he was completely exhausted from energy, but his Parakuka beckoned him to keep moving.

He had clearly found evidence that someone was down there, and considering the stones he also noticed…

The Matoran had been here already, and one of the stones must have been hidden there! That meant that they were either in Po-Wahi or maybe even Ga-Wahi, where their quest would end according to Vidar and Ronkshou’s theory that the Matoran moved clockwise around the island.

However, Vidar knew that he was tired, and after all the time he spent searching in those deep, high-pressure currents, there was only one way he could rise once more to his feet.

Within seconds, Vidar grew in size and in fearsomeness. After hastily jamming the stone into his rucksack, Vidar’s hunched form galloped across the islets, hopping across channels with ease. He decided to head to the tunnels and use his advanced speed and senses to find Echelon and his crew quickly.

Once again, Vidar proved that even the shadowy can be patient, and such a virtue has been the oft reason for their victories.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Leli couldn't stand it any longer, he looked horrible. Setting the glass down on the small table, she pushed herself up from the chair she had claimed, before slipping in next to Tarnok. Leli scooted close, and wordlessly wrapped her arms around the Onu-Matoran. She didn't know what so say, so decided to just be there.

It wasn't clear if she heard Uyism or not.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Malcor (Onu-Koro Inn)

The Toa of flame pulled open the door. As Kutukan stepped inside he closed it. “What were you thinking?!” he demanded, flames sparking on his hands for a moment. “You could have gotten me killed, Dark has spies and assassins everywhere.” he said. “They are back, and they’re coming for us.” He said.

IC: Kutukan

Kutukan squinted, then let out a dull grunt. It was clear that he wasn't entirely coherent.

"You're..." he said, "you're right. Sorry, uh...I just didn't expect to see you, well, here of all places."

He sighed and looked down at his arm once more.

"Then again, I guess you're not the only one who likes to drown his sorrow in alcohol."

He looked back up at Malcor.

"So what's this about them returning? I thought their base...y'know...exploded."

67tlbk.png

OOC: Oh mai god I just realized I missed a post by Void for Malcor, really sorry man ;(.

IC: Malcor, Ashala, Jacen (Onu-Koro Inn)

“Inns are not bad places to hide in, if you never stay at one for long. Much better then staying in a base, or trying to survive in the streets or wilderness of any of the Wahi,” he said.

“I want to forget what we did… but I can’t,” he said. “I know, but some of them survived somehow… I know because I met one; one of the other Weapons. His name was Jarokan I think, he was half dead, mumbling about Dark, how they’d hunted him down like an animal, killed the family he’d made here, and when he refused to join them they mortally wounded him.” Malcor said. “Then he died.” He said his fist closing.

“I know they are back, and Ashala does too,” He said. “That’s right, I’m traveling with Ashala and Jacen if you remember them from the facility.”

At that moment the door opened and two figures stepped into the room. One was a beautiful female Toa of ice with bright saphire eyes and strangely bright scarlet hair. She also had a pair of crystaline wings coming out of her shoulder-blades. Gifts from Dark's twisted experiments. Her eyes grew hard as she saw the Skakdi but then they lightened again. "Kutukan..." Ashala said.

The other figure was a muscular Toa of iron. His jagged black hair fell close to his blue eyes as he surveyed the Skakdi. There was a strange slicing sound and three proto-steel claws popped out of each knuckle on his hands. "We can't trust him, he could be working for them. We should kill him." he growled.