Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image


Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
11522 replies to this topic

#11081 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,819 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 04:11 PM

IC: The Reaper's scythe appeared in his hand, the blade extending from what appeared to be a normal staff. The Fe-Toa sighed as a sardonic grin spread across the his face. "You shouldn't lie to me Keeper. You may have destroyed the others, but you wouldn't have destroyed the failsafe. Try again. Where is it?"
  • 0

brokenmr.jpg

 

"hold me"- Betsy Braddock


#11082 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

  • 1,461 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 04:34 PM

IC- Sovos - Onu-Koro

Sovos pressed his teeth together, upset. It took him a while to formulate a response, so absorbed was he in his surroundings. 

 

"The failsafe is melted to slag. You say it is the only thing that can kill you- I think you are lying." Sovos was sure The Reaper would see right through the first lie, but he did believe the second sentence. Sovos knew that The Reaper was a Toa, and all Toa were mortal. Weren't they?


  • 0

#11083 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 04:37 PM

IC XenonIf the Reaper thought that he would find help in Xenon, he wouldn't find it. Instead, the toa of plasma was staggering towards the hospital, all according to the plan. It was a wonder that the toa could even stand up straight, let alone walk. Crying out in pain-most of it genuine agony, though some cries were exageratted-the assassin slowly limped towards the hospital. "Dem thugs," he groaned, smiling inside at the non-irony of the statement. Normally, most of his kind were either mindless guns or sociopathic freaks. Him, however, was the "Idealistic Monster", a "Heartless Gentleman". But he wasn't looking ver gentleman-like when he crashed into a wall and flopped onto the ground, screaming in pain.

Edited by Constructman, Feb 09 2013 - 04:38 PM.

  • 0

1322709438521.jpg


#11084 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

  • 16,118 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 05:16 PM

IC: [Uyism]

 

"Elaborate."


  • 0

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

 

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146


#11085 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,819 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 09:25 PM

IC: "Oh, I can be killed now. With the object I'm carrying equipped... Not so much." The Reaper grinned. "You think I'd really entrust every item to you?"
  • 0

brokenmr.jpg

 

"hold me"- Betsy Braddock


#11086 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

  • 1,461 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 11:02 PM

IC- Sovos - Onu-Koro

Sovos snarled, upset. It seemed The Reaper had predicted him too well. He couldn't outsmart him- could he even outfight him? 

 

Sovos took a deep breath, and continued to stare down his enemy. He couldn't waste time talking.


  • 0

#11087 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,819 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 11:10 PM

IC: The Reaper frowned, advancing on Sovos slowly. "I ask you again. WHERE IS IT?"


  • 0

brokenmr.jpg

 

"hold me"- Betsy Braddock


#11088 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

  • 1,461 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 01:58 PM

IC- Sovos- Onu-Koro

Sovos noticed the Reaper walking, and absorbed the information he gleaned with his senses. He kept himself open, noticing everything about the situation. The wind pushed by the Reaper's body, the faint body heat, the noise of his footsteps and the distance between them. Sovos took note of how fast he could disappear, where the shadows were, and the speed at which he could throw his knives.

 

Sovos didn't blink as his enemy approached him. He didn't say a word.

 

Instead he took a second, trying to determine the best course of action. What next? Attack? Flee? Talk?

 

He took a step back, ready. Everything depended on The Reaper's next move.


  • 0

#11089 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Takutanuva Formed

  • 7,373 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 03:03 PM

IC:[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);] Leli[/color][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]The Le-Koroan paused, considering the question.  "Um, I may or may not have rigged one of the platforms with a trapdoor that opened up to a makeshift water slide below..." Leli said finally.  From her expression, it was hard to tell if she was kidding or not.  Well, it was Leli, so there was a high chance that she wasn't.[/color][/font]


  • 0

#11090 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

  • 11,345 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 03:11 PM

IC:Tarnok stared for a moment, before a slight grin broke across his face. "Somehow, I am not surprised. Le-Koronans seem to have a fondness for trap doors."


  • 0
gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

#11091 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Takutanuva Formed

  • 7,373 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 03:20 PM

IC: [font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Leli[/color][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]The green-armored Matoran seemed to brighten up a bit, a small smile slowly making it's way across her Kanohi.  "Yeah, one time, Turaga Matau stopped some bat gu-"[/color][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Leli stopped suddenly in the middle of her sentence, at the mention of her Turaga.  There was a sharp intake of breath, and she bit her lip.  She blinked, and tried desparately to think of something other than that.  But no matter what, it always went back to it.  She couldn't not think about it.[/color][/font]


  • 0

#11092 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

  • 11,345 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 03:29 PM

IC:

 

The Onu-Matoran sighed quietly, standing from his chair, and sitting down next to Leli, and pulled her gently into a hug. Distracting her wasn't working, at least not through conversation. "Tell you what. I've been ordered to go to Ko-Wahi, try and track down some escaped prisoners. You want to come along? It would be good for you to get out of the tunnels. Being underground can't be improving your mood."


  • 0
gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

#11093 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Takutanuva Formed

  • 7,373 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 03:44 PM

IC:[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);] Leli[/color][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]"Yeah..." Leli replied quietly, almost clinging to Tarnok.  As amazing as it was here in Onu-Koro, it was still underground.  She hadn't seen the sky for far too long.  It was definitely starting to get to her.[/color][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]"Yeah, I want to go."[/color][/font]


  • 0

#11094 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

  • 11,345 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 04:24 PM

IC: "Alright then. I'll be setting out pretty soon, I'd rather get there before it gets dark out. The wastes at night are hardly safe." Tarnok handed her a mug of tea, the same one that had been steeping on the side table."We'll need to get together some cold weather gear before we go."


  • 0
gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

#11095 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Takutanuva Formed

  • 7,373 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 07:26 PM

IC: [font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Leli[/color][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Leli cupped the mug in both her hands, scooting rather close to Tarnok as he hugged her.  "Hmm," she agreed non-verbally.  Leli didn't actually mind Ko-Wahi, it was even higher up than Le-Koro.  The cold didn't bother her as much as it did other non-Ko-Matoran.  It was better than underground, much better.[/color][/font]


  • 0

#11096 Online Al the Chicken Man

Al the Chicken Man
  • Members
  • Fear Confronted

  • 6,424 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 07:42 PM

IC. Sucogu.Unfortunately for Zadron, Sucogu was one tough son of a kavikinika. He turned back, feeling the wound over a few times without so much as a wince."You should've taken me up on that deal."He threw out a kick- but not at Zadron. It swept through the illusion Demothi had put up. He was surprised, but not overly so. Out of the corner of his eye, a trash bag had morphed. The Toa would've been impossible to see if Sucogu hadn't been looking for him.The entirety of the alleyway lit up with electricity instantly, reducing garbage to nothing and latching on to any lifeforms- namely, Demothi. As soon as this happened, a tendril of lightning thrashed out directly at Zadron.
  • 0

#11097 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,830 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 08:01 PM

[color=#696969;]IC: Demothi[/color]

[color=#696969;]Well this sucked. He should have stayed a trash bag. Oh well, he didn't have to hold up his other illusions now. Still, he wasn't good when backed into a corner. That was some streak of bad luck, getting spotted like that. Seemed someone was angry at him. At least his real sound-dampeners were more resistant to electricity than his doppelganger's. That was always a plus.[/color]

 

[color=#696969;]Straining against the lightning coursing through him, he set up an illusion over himself, almost identical to him- lightning and all- but with the same form as the Toa of Sonics he'd created earlier. With that set up, he started dragging himself backwards as best he could, giving himself the appearance of the ground beneath him. Far from the perfect disguise, but he hoped that in mid-battle, the Toa of Lightning wouldn't notice. He was moving incredibly slowly, but all he needed was to get next to the next house down (two bios, give or take) and he would (hopefully) be able to bluff his way out of there.[/color]

 

[color=#696969;]Always keep a level head and you'll be fine. That was his motto, and it hadn't failed him so far.[/color]


  • 0

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky, 'cause there's footprints on the moon." - Adam Young, The Yacht Club

 

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

 

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!


#11098 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

  • 11,345 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 08:10 PM

IC:"Actually, wait here. I need to get Helios, and gather a few things. Enjoy your tea, and be ready to go in a little bit. Alright?"


  • 0
gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

#11099 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Takutanuva Formed

  • 7,373 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 08:33 PM

IC: [font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Leli[/color][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]The green-armored Matoran nodded slowly.  She took a sip of the tea.  She hadn't brought anything more than what she was carrying now to Onu-Koro, so she didn't exactly have to gather anything.  A moment before Tarnok got up to leave, Leli glanced up at him.  "Tarnok, thank you."[/color][/font]


  • 0

#11100 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

  • 11,345 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 09:17 PM

IC:"What are friends for?"The Onu-Matoran replied, turning, and stepping out of the room. His first stop wasn't far away, just a few steps down the hall. He turned the doorknob to him room, and the door swung open silently. He crossed the room to the small closet, grabbing his bulky gray coat. He'd purchased it on one of his few trips to Ko-Wahi. It was perfectly layered to help guar against the cold. The next item was a small blanket, and a first aid kit. Both went into the saddlebags in the corner, and moments after that, under his arm.It took him only five minutes to walk to the Ussalry stables, his arrival heralded by an excited chattering coming from one of the stalls. Helios looked at him eagerly, with bright eyes. A mere three minutes was all that was needed to prep the Ussal for departure, and feed him his breakfast. The longest portion, unsurprisingly, was the paperwork. Information on his quarry, not that he needed it, he was the one that locked them up for Mata Nui's sake, a quick debriefing with one of the Ussalry officials, et cetera, et cetera. It bored him to tears, as usual.

 

And so it was, that almost half an hour later, he returned to the library, coat over one arm."So. Ready to go?"


  • 0
gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

#11101 Online Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge & BZPRPG Staff

  • 9,201 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 02:02 AM

"I hardly had anything," Jin grumbled. "I'm fine." 

 

Byrkon gave her a curious glance from the top of his eyes as he bit into a morsel of the pancakes. Not any later than that her stomach growled in protest against her words and the toa paused to smirk in satisfaction.

 

Jin rolled her eyes and leaned forward to take the offered portion. "Thanks, Bry," she said grudgingly before taking long sips of the strong black coffee in between bites.

 

Brykon let the silence linger while they ate and rejuvenated themselves. The Fe-Toa was acutely aware of the recent arrival of someone and he hoped it was Aurelia, though from the characteristic sharp knocks of the arrived's heels on the marble floors that he could hear even in here it was all but assured that he was right. But when she came in he would have to have things ready. Dorian Shaddix was her darling and the news of his departure wouldn't sit well with her, so a brevet appointment was in order to assuage doubts.

 

"With Dorian gone I need you to take over as leftenant," he announced to Jin. laid his fork down across the center of the plate and picked up the cup of china as he settled back into the posh seating, looking more like some deranged aristocrat than a brutal bard. "Even if it's the worst mistake I can make, I want to trust you." It wasn't a plead or request, it was an order, an issue. It carried weight.

 

Suddenly the doors swung open and the electress entered, flanked by a pair of lancers who then took places opposite each other at the door. Her adornments seemed bright as ever and her gemstones sparkled of yellow light reflected from the illumination fixtures about the drawing room. No robes were worn, though a purple silk sash did stretch across her chest. "Well hello hello," she droned, seeming vivacious but not particularly happy at her guests. "What brings you to my pretentious abode?" she asked. Her eyes drifted from Brykon to Jin and drilled into the Vortixx's pupils.


  • 0

|| @YOLO_Chojo ||

 

|| BZPRPG Profiles || BZPRPG Rules and Index || Pictures Topic || NM Q&A ||

 

This is the story of Ambages, the little architect that could.

 

(he thinks he can he thinks he can he thinks he can)


#11102 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

  • 2,640 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 07:20 AM

IC: Whorok

 

"Elaborate"

 

"What, what's there to elaborate on? I'm just saying I've seen you with Tarnok before" Whorok explained


  • 0

#11103 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,819 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 11:41 AM

IC: The Reaper sighed and waved his hand, iron raising up behind his enemy and blocking his escape. "Last chance."


  • 0

brokenmr.jpg

 

"hold me"- Betsy Braddock


#11104 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

  • 16,118 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 04:02 PM

IC: [Uyism]

 

"I see."


  • 0

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

 

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146


#11105 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

  • 1,461 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 06:07 PM

IC- Sovos - Onu-Koro

 

Before the Reaper finished his words, Sovos was in action, not waiting for his enemy to set up more iron walls or become more prepared for the inevitable fight. The Reaper had the upper hand both strategically and physically. Sovos' plan had been ruined before it even came into action, and now he was facing probably one of the most powerful Toa on the island. Sovos couldn't give anytime to think- reacting, moving, and action were his only friends.

 

Sovos leapt forwards off the roof he was crouched on, jumping over the Reaper. He threw both his knifes, from two different angles, the black objects near invisible in the darkness as they sped towards their target. Sovos didn't stop to see if they hit- the second he foot touched the roof across the street he transitioned into a roll that brought him down the sloping curve of the hut and onto the rocky earth. With a hut between him and The Reaper, Sovos had the option to run or circle back around. He never paused to consider it- his adrenaline was rushing, and his fighting reflexes had taken control of him. He was going to kill hit target or go down himself. He didn't have a choice. For Sovos, there was now no turning back.

 

He sped away from the lightstones that lit the alley without pause, vanishing into the darkness where no matoran really looked- that space between houses, or near the edges of the cave. Little corners of the Koro that had never seen the light of day. The Onu-Matoran darted from one patch of darkness to the next, never stopping, but near invisible int he masking blackness. Any Onu-Matoran that spotted him took the blur for a trick of the light, a shadow cast by some small fly or other unknown source.

 

Sovos took a convoluted route that took him back around atop the hut he was before, this time behind the metal walls his enemy had set up to prevent his movement. He poked an eye out from behind his new cover to take stock of the new situation. 


  • 0

#11106 Offline Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

  • 3,675 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 08:25 PM

IC (Jin)

 

I swallowed my last bite, managing to hold on to my neutral expression and not choke. Me, Bry's lieutenant? Now, don't get me wrong: of course I'm the best girl for the job. Tough as nails, sharp as steel, etc etc. But I'd just joined Bad Company what? a month ago, if that. And here Bry was offering to make me his second-in-command.

 

Wait, scratch that. He wasn't asking. Bry never asks. He tells you what you're going to do, and you do it, because that was the choice you were gonna make anyway. He has the weirdest way of getting inside your head.

 

That, and I'd seen what he did to Dorian. I knew what the Bard was capable of.

 

I set down my fork, nodded. Kept my business face on. Wasn't hard- I was all about business these days.

 

"You're not making a mistake."

 

I could've said more, but that was when Aurelia came in. The doors flew open as she strutted in like a peacock, not a feather out of place. She was on her home turf, and, unfortunately, didn't look particularly happy to see us.

 

I say unfortunately not because I really cared whether or not Aurelia liked me or not, but simply because those Aurelia didn't like tended to die. Here we were, sitting in her comfy chairs, eating her food, and we were gonna tell her that hey, her scheme hadn't gone down exactly as planned, and we were gonna go rescue the wrench in the works.

 

"Well hello hello," she droned. "What brings you to my pretentious abode?"

 

Her eyes lit on Bry first, but then turned to me surprisingly quickly, drilling into mine with all the ferocity I expected from a pampered mastermind who liked to call herself a queen.

 

Obviously, she had been expecting to see Dorian sitting next to Bry. Instead of a dreamy Fe-Toa, though, she got me, and I guess she felt threatened by my beauty or something cause her eyes narrowed and she seemed to bristle a bit. Poor chicky-boo.

 

All these thoughts were nothing more than that, of course. I kept a straight face, as usual, and dipped my head respectfully at the merchant's entrance.

 

"Sorry for the disturbance, ma'am," I said, vividly remembering for a moment the first time I'd met her, under Xa, and said almost the same thing. "The Captain and I are on some business here. He can tell you more about it."


  • 0

2013

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<3


#11107 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Takutanuva Formed

  • 7,373 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 16 2013 - 09:30 PM

IC: [font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Leli[/color][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]The green-armored Matoran had stayed seated in her chair, the cup of tea, now long cold, still held in on hand.  Having time alone with her thoughts didn't seem to be the best of things, but she didn't look any worse than before.  Slight improvement, but she wasn't "better" in any regard.  She glanced up at Tarnok as he returned, and gave a small smile.  "Ready," she confirmed, setting the mug down on the table and standing up from the chair.[/color][/font]


  • 0

#11108 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

  • 11,345 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 16 2013 - 09:58 PM

IC:"Alright then. We'd best get going." The Onu-Matoran replied, leading her outside and locking the house door behind them. He climbed onto Helios' back, and held out a hand to help her up. Non-Ussalry members tended to have a difficult time climbing onto the crabs.


  • 0
gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

#11109 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Takutanuva Formed

  • 7,373 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 16 2013 - 10:13 PM

IC: [font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Leli[/color][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]Leli accepted the hand, even though she wouldn't really have trouble getting up herself, and climbed up onto the ussal crab's wide shell with Tarnok's help.  She sat down next to the Onu-Matoran, and shifted to get comfortable on the saddle strapped to Helios' smooth shell.  It wasn't much different than riding a Gukko bird, or one of the few tame Rama that the Force had, besides the fact that it was... On the ground...[/color][/font]

 

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,128,0);]And didn't fly.[/color][/font]


  • 0

#11110 Offline Nuju Metru

Nuju Metru
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Assistants
  • Senior BZPRPG Staff

  • 12,080 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 03:31 PM

[color=#696969;]IC:[/color]

[color=#696969;]Nuparu emerged from the broad round tunnel and into the Great Mine. The whirring of its machinery and the echoing clicks of chisel after chisel resonated throughout the huge space. Lightstones hung from countless crags, metal hooks and lines, but for all their numbers couldn't banish the darkness from the vast shaft; no Onu-Matoran minded that very much. Carts of ore pulled by sturdy Ussal crabs scrabbled in and out, up and down the corkscrew ramps of the mineshaft, and elevators rose and fell like the pendulums of a great clock. Nuparu liked thinking about things in terms of machines, and comparing the Great Mine to a clock was an especially pleasing analogy.[/color]

 

[color=#696969;]He took a nearby elevator down to a lower level of the shaft, emerging on a yellow-lit landing occupied with a half-dozen Onu-Matoran wearing goggles and wielding screwdrivers and wrenches. They were huddled around a large machine shaped a little bit like a mushroom held aloft by four bamboo-wrapped legs. Pneumatic tubes and wires flowed away from it, and the base of its "stalk" a metal ball was held in place by an immense rope so that its edge barely touched the ground. There was a small interactive screen showing a developing graph, with slight, but sharp, ups and downs. The mushroom machine was a seismograph, and the sphere at its base measured movements in the earth so that rock collapses and earthquakes could be safely avoided. Nuparu noticed the activity on the screen; it was small, but persistent.[/color]

 

[color=#696969;]"What's going on?" he asked, prodding one of the engineer Matoran away from his work. The Matoran pulled his tinkering hands away from one of the machine's sensors and turned, lifting up his goggles. It was a Matoran, small by more than Onu-Koronan standards, with a purple mask and clever hands named Wiremu. Nuparu had always respected Wiremu, who was a quiet, somewhat antisocial Matoran with a history of solving technological problems around the island; Nuparu had been happy to see him return from his long voyage recently. Wiremu extracted himself from the rest of the engineers so that he and Nuparu had a little space to talk. [/color]

 

[color=#696969;]"The seismograph is malfunctioning," Wiremu informed him. "It's been displaying consistent activity at slightly, but markedly, above the normal background noise for a few hours. We had runners do thorough investigations of the rock around, and there's no instability anywhere. No signs of approaching quakes from the other seismographs, either... we can only conclude that this one's sensors are a little bit off, and we're trying to find the problem. So far no luck."[/color]

 

[color=#696969;]Nuparu looked at the machine, watched for a moment the hunched-over engineers opening panel after panel, examining line after line, to try and find a problem with the device. These were highly competent engineers, and if there was a problem, they should have found it by now. That meant that there probably wasn't a problem. Nuparu pursed his lips. "Leave the seismograph alone... I think it may be giving us the right information." The engineers caught these words and looked up with a little bemusement. Nuparu watched the activity on the screen stay at its higher-than-background level. If there was no earthquake, then there had to be some kind of disturbance in the rock, probably far away based on the slightness of the graph's amplitude... Perhaps there was an undiscovered cave about to collapse, or a shifting in sand pockets above. [/color]

 

[color=#696969;]Or maybe someone else was digging a tunnel.[/color]


  • 0

.abettor_2.jpg


#11111 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,830 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 04:33 PM

OOC: Okay, I'm tired of waiting on Zadron and Sucogu. Like, really tired. So I'm just gonna...

 

[color=#696969;]IC: Demothi[/color]

[color=#696969;]Suddenly coming up with an idea, Demothi raised his arm and fired a crossbow bolt at his assailant. He wasn't totally sure how - it was an uneducated guess - but it managed to destabilize the electricity coursing through him. Leaving his doppelganger stuck in an illusory web of electricity, and silencing his movements behind a basic static illusion paired with Sonic Powers, Demothi bolted. When he was far enough, he released his illusions and changed his appearance to that of an attractive female Toa of Iron before moving to a more crowded area to blend in. Just to be sure, he ducked into a bar, sat down, and changed to a female Toa of Crystal when nobody was looking, before slipping back outside. Nobody could have traced him after that.[/color]


  • 0

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky, 'cause there's footprints on the moon." - Adam Young, The Yacht Club

 

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

 

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!


#11112 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,830 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2013 - 08:45 PM

OOC: Invoking the 12-hour rule because absolutely nothing is happening. IC: AarThe Onu-Matoran folded his arms and looked around, "Welp, we lost him. Now what?"IC: DemothiDeciding he had enough money to get by anyways, the Toa of Sonics, still disguised, sat down on a bench and watched the goings on of the town. Buying and selling, digging and mining. What was the point to it? Life? Okay, what was the point of life then?Demothi had thought these same thoughts countless times in the past. He'd extinguish life indiscriminately, if it wouldn't have such drastic repercussions. A distasteful grimace touched his illusionary female features. Well, it looked like the guard was stepping up its standards. They'd figured out he wore a Mahiki. He would never be able to go as himself in public now. Not that he ever did. His smile returned. Fun was a good thing to live for, and he had loads of it not existing. Nobody had seen his true form since he'd arrived on the island. Unless they somehow snuck into his home. And that was priceless for the Toa of Sonics. Male, female, androgynous, earth, gravity, water, he'd done them all. He even went as a Skakdi a few times. Vortixx were too tall for the illusion to work properly. Yes, Demothi didn't enjoy life, because technically, he didn't have one. Following that train of thought, he wondered what alias he ought to use this day. Cycling through a list he'd made a long time before, he settled with Lore. He'd been a female Toa of Ice with a Ruru the last time he'd used that one, a month or so back. He enjoyed a private laugh as the joy of not living filled him.
  • 0

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky, 'cause there's footprints on the moon." - Adam Young, The Yacht Club

 

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

 

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!


#11113 Offline Geisthande

Geisthande
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,554 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 04:49 AM

OOC: Apologies for the delay, Draezeth.

 

IC (Zadron)

 

The moment Sucogu attacked the illusion, Zadron did the logical thing, namely to regain one of the few advantages he had over Toa: stealth.  Disappearing into the shadows like a great bat, he vanished from sight and moments later, Sucogu's lightning thrashed at thin air.

 

The shadows on a nearby rooftop were suddenly occupied.  Zadron, as though one with the darkness, crouched, watching the spectacle as he considered his next move.  Demothi appeared to be stuck, in the process of being electroshocked by a web of lightning; but from his vantage point, the assassin could see the real Demothi making a break for it.  Sucogu's line of sight was blocked by buildings; for all the Toa knew, his quarry was currently right in front of him, taking several thousand volts.

 

Zadron had to admit, this thief was good.  He was even silencing his own footsteps as he went, darting in and out of cover and shade to make himself almost untrackable.

 

But there are some beings in this world who are born hunters, and Zadron was one of them.  He had made a living - no, a killing (ha ha) - out of tracing the most elusive, surprising the most vigilant, and removing the most resilient.  Hunting, killing - all in a day's work.

 

And so, it wasn't even a surprise to him when Demothi shimmered, replaced by a female Fe-Toa.  As the streets became more crowded, Zadron had a harder time keeping track of the thief; but the assassin's eagle-eyes kept their grip on the back of his head.  Dropping down into an alleyway, he melded smoothly into the crowd as Demothi approached a bar.  Weaving, almost snake-like, through the crowd, he was soon only a couple of metres behind the Mahiki-user as he passed through the door.  Zadron disappeared down a back-alley, before scaling the bar's wall to peer through one of its windows.  Invisible in the jet-black shadows, he watched patiently as his quarry moved to a table, sat down, and changed form once more.

 

Now.

 

***

 

A couple of seconds later, a cloaked-and-hooded Vortixx entered the bar.  Nobody gave him a second glance; Vortixx were relatively common in Onu-Koro, what with their technological skill.  Demothi was too enthralled in his own thoughts to notice until the newcomer sat down opposite him on the table's other seat.  Orange eyes glinted beneath the hood.

 

"Evening," he said quietly.  "Isn't this a nice little date."

 

There was an edge to Zadron's voice, as always; a sarcastic emphasis on the last word reminiscent of the last twist of a dagger.

 

The Vortixx leaned forwards, his eyes boring into the Toa's.

 

"Your escape there was impressive," he said.  "But they're catching up on you.  One of these days, your illusions won't be enough."


Edited by Illusive Ghosthands, Feb 21 2013 - 04:51 AM.

  • 0

gallifrey_banner.jpg

 

BZPRPG Characters

 

Merror ~ Korero ~ EchelonLohkar ~ Zadron ~ Stralix ~ Kilanya ~ Tazera ~ Enali ~ Gotsoko ~ Dakte ~ Lesterin Species


#11114 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

  • 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 05:43 AM

IC: Voxumo

 

As voxumo walked into the main village of Onu-koro he immediatly began walking towards the matoran's hut, Grumbling as he walked. 

He pushed open the door to the matoran's hut and sighed a bit before placing the crystal he had collected harshly infront of the matoran.

"Here is your Crystal. Now i want my share. 100 widgets right now."

"Ah well honestly did not think you would survive but fine here you go." 

The matoran hands voxumo the widgets. As voxumo takes the widgets he simply turns around and leaves the hut slamming the door behind him

 

several minutes later 

 

Voxumo stood in a shadowed corner near the main tunnel entrance

 

OOC: well i am completely open for rp so if anybody want to get me involved in there rp feel free to


  • 0

aQ85UI0.png

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Celis-Draeverian 'DJ'-Chivinix-Darvin

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."


#11115 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,830 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 11:08 AM

IC: DemothiThe disguised Toa of Sonics smiled, eyebrows raised in surprise as he recognized the voice from the rooftop. "Well," he said in a feminine voice, "even though I wasn't trying to escape you, I commend you for finding me. My protector, I presume?" He doubted the Vortixx's warning- he had the utmost confidence in his illusions- but was nonetheless intrigued.

Edited by Draezeth, Feb 21 2013 - 11:10 AM.

  • 0

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky, 'cause there's footprints on the moon." - Adam Young, The Yacht Club

 

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

 

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!


#11116 Offline Geisthande

Geisthande
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,554 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 12:36 PM

IC (Zadron)

 

The Vortixx's mouth parted into a steely smile.

 

"I suppose that's one way of putting it," the assassin replied.  "I didn't want someone as potentially useful as you put to waste."

 

Zadron tapped one of his sharp fingers on the wooden table, scoring a shallow line into the surface.

 

"You have some impressive skills," he said.  "But you're wasting them.  What are you doing with your talents?  Petty theft.  Breaking into derelict houses.  Barely keeping yourself fed.  Now, if you want to continue that way and never make anything of yourself, well, that's your choice and I won't waste any more of my time.  But on the other hand, if you'd like to be a part of something BIG..."


  • 0

gallifrey_banner.jpg

 

BZPRPG Characters

 

Merror ~ Korero ~ EchelonLohkar ~ Zadron ~ Stralix ~ Kilanya ~ Tazera ~ Enali ~ Gotsoko ~ Dakte ~ Lesterin Species


#11117 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,830 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 01:48 PM

IC: Demothi"I'm not interested in 'big'," said the Toa, morphing suddenly into an androgynous grey Toa wearing a plain mask unrelated in shape to any known mask of power. This was his favorite form, embodying his very essence: ambiguity. "What I am interested in, however," he said in an equally androgynous voice, "Is fun. I'm not the type to bother with purpose or Destiny. I live in the moment, and if I can enjoy that moment- which I make a point of always doing- then I'm happy." He put an elbow on the table and held his chin in his hand, "Tell me more."
  • 0

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky, 'cause there's footprints on the moon." - Adam Young, The Yacht Club

 

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

 

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!


#11118 Offline Geisthande

Geisthande
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,554 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 01:58 PM

IC (Zadron)

 

Zadron's knife-sharp smile widened.

 

"Then I think this is just for you," he said.  "I can't discuss the details here, but...how'd you like to help spread a little chaos?"


  • 0

gallifrey_banner.jpg

 

BZPRPG Characters

 

Merror ~ Korero ~ EchelonLohkar ~ Zadron ~ Stralix ~ Kilanya ~ Tazera ~ Enali ~ Gotsoko ~ Dakte ~ Lesterin Species


#11119 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,830 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 02:05 PM

IC: Demothi"Chaos," said the illusionary Toa, thoroughly enjoying the conversation, "And here I thought nobody would be able to guess my middle name."
  • 0

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky, 'cause there's footprints on the moon." - Adam Young, The Yacht Club

 

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

 

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!


#11120 Offline Geisthande

Geisthande
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,554 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 03:10 PM

IC (Zadron)

 

"Good," said Zadron succinctly.  "Meet me in the old Katu Company warehouse tonight.  I'll explain there."

 

The assassin rose to his feet, and with a rustle of his black cloak, he was gone.


  • 0

gallifrey_banner.jpg

 

BZPRPG Characters

 

Merror ~ Korero ~ EchelonLohkar ~ Zadron ~ Stralix ~ Kilanya ~ Tazera ~ Enali ~ Gotsoko ~ Dakte ~ Lesterin Species





0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users