Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Whorok

Whorok could feel the earth shifting in mass quantities at the entrance to the Koro, almost as if an entire batallion of Onu-Toa where digging a single tunnel.

Whorok could, however, sense the very alien vibrations the strangers were giving off, and could immeditely deduce that whatever was coming wasn't friendly.

He turned to Tarnok, who was clealry as alarmed as him.

"Our city needs us" Whorok said simply.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:Rahkshi.

Makuta's sons, the most feared creatures on the island save the Master of Shadows himself. One alone was enough to send an entire village running for cover, six enough to draw the attention of every self-proclaimed hero for miles. The insectile monstrosities had struck twice in recent years, once in Po-Koro, and once in Le-Wahi. The village of stone took months to recover, and while the village of air was spared, it was at the cost of so many lives.

One Rahkshi was worth two Toa. This wasn't conjecture or hyperbole, it was the honest truth. Two trained Toa would stand a chance at dealing with one. Anything less, and it simply becomes a matter of how long until they lose. Rahkshi were relentless, vicious, and startling intelligent.

And a force of roughly a hundred strong stood outside the gate. Every known type, every known variety, assembled in one place. They had fanned out, encompassing the village in a wall that simply could not be escaped. Kualsis were useless in the gloom, and as horrified onlookers watched, a single Kakama was torn apart as he made a break for it. A few brave beings, Mata Nui bless them, attacked, hoping to stop them before they could make their move. As the screams tore through the air, the villagers looked away from the scene, blinking back tears. Some simply ran. They did not know where they ran to, all they knew was what they ran from.

A few Ussalrymen broke down at the mere sight, cowering behind any structure they could, naively hoping that if the Rahkshi couldn't see them, they would be safe. The remainder marched to their posts, faces grim, fear bright in their eyes. This was not a war to be waged, this was a slaughter waiting to happen. Onu-Koro had not the manpower necessary to defend themselves, they lacked the fighting strength to hold off this many foes. Cut off from reinforcements, with no way to escape, the village was truly trapped. Never before, not in the time under Kyju, not after Whenua's assassination, not even in the Great Mine bombing had things ever been more bleak. The village had long held out, mining and living where no one else dared, on Makuta's very doorstep. They lived openly, in sheer defiance of the Master of Shadows, but now their time had come. The darkest hour had arrived, and many simply cowered before it.

But even as the world descended into madness around him, one Matoran stayed still. He was flanked on either side by a Matoran of unknown element, and a small Onu-Toa. Even as the world fell apart around them, these three stood strong, stood resolute. Three pillars of determination, in a place consumed by terror.

Tarnok's eyes took in the scene, and he could feel fear growing inside. His heart beat faster, pupils dilated, adrenaline pumping. Every nerve screamed for him to run, for him to get as far away as possible, for him to survive. They screamed that duty wasn't worth it, that he couldn't fulfill his duty if he was a corpse. Almost numbly, he watched as more and more Ussalrymen broke rank, running back, fleeing before this onslaught. The ones that stayed were disorganized, scared. The reports were just hitting Ussalry Headquarters, and no orders had come through.

For a moment, he thought to seek out his squadron. Sulov, Rubigo, Kol, Gavarm, Uyism. His teammates, the ones who always had his back. But they were gone. Sulov exiled, Rubigo missing, Kol dead, Gavarm gone, and Uyism on the brink of death. He had no team, he had no backup, he had no plan. His eyes widened, heart freezing, limbs quaking.

"Believe." A familiar voice chimed in. It wasn't really there, and on a conscious level, he knew that. Uyism was lying in a hospital bed, held from death only by her own stubborn refusal to die. But at the same time, here she was. She had never left. Gavarm, Sulov, Rubigo, Kol, none of them had left. He could almost see them, gathered near him. He could see Kol and Rubigo, staring at the oncoming force, the oncoming storm, daring it to take a step further. He could see Gavarm, grinning as he drew his weapons. And Sulov, ready to lead the charge, nodding.

None of them had ever really left. Seventh Squadron was here, as it had been all along. Even divided, even separated by the boundaries of the world itself, not even the divide between the living and the dead could keep them from this place, this time. Their devotion transcended mortal limits, it was greater than that. Every single one of them, somewhere, somehow was fighting the good fight. Uyism, straining to hang on, refusing to give in to her own darkness. Kol, eternally frozen in his final struggle, protecting his squadmates, prepared to fight again, even now. Rubigo, no doubt preparing for his own struggle. Gavarm, back at Headquarters, doing everything in his power to keep this village steady. Arkom, behind his desk, working to create a plan even as the reports flooded in. And Sulov... Somehow, the Onu-Matoran knew he was closer than ever, fighting his own battle. The commander had never forsaken his village, even when his village forsook him.

They were all here. In spirit, in determination, in all but physical form.

His breathing slowed, his eyes narrowed. He was not alone, he was never alone. This entire village, from the lowest Matoran to the mightiest, was counting on the Ussalry. Was counting on him. There were no Toa to save them, there never had been. There were no Toa to save the Great Mine, there were none to save Tarnok's mining team, all those years ago. But they had never needed them. They had never needed Toa before, and today, they would rise or fall on their own merits.

With a newfound calm, the Onu-Matoran drew his saperka, resting the tip of it against the ground. The fire in his eyes had become an inferno, a raging blaze that refused to be put out. His stoic demeanor had fallen away for the first time in years, that same fire enveloping his entire form. Every muscle was consumed by it, filled with a righteous determination that was almost infectious.

"The Makuta has tried to break our spirit."

"For decades he has been trying to break us, to make us submit. He has been trying to crush our will, he has been trying to make us give up. He has sent his minions forth, and each time, we have sent them back in shambles. Finally, he has sent his own Sons against us."

"I care not if it is one, one hundred, or one thousand. It all means the same to me; one more enemy to break through on our way to victory." The head of his weapon suddenly came up, the shaft resting on his shoulder. "Even if there's a million of them, we'll show them why Makuta hasn't won, and why he never will."

"This is Onu-Koro. Dependable as the earth in which it is built, with a will of iron. This is our home. And he will not take it from us." Green eyes snapped sharply to a young Ussalmatoran, one marching steadfastly towards the front lines. "You.""Go to headquarters. Tell Arkom from me that it's time to take a stand. His village is in danger, and it needs its heroes. Tell him to get his hide out here, or I'll do it for him." The Matoran scampered off to do as he ordered, even as Tarnok himself looked to his left, and to his right. Leli and Whorok, and beyond them, his squadmates, fighting with him in spirit.

"This is Onu-Koro's darkest hour. And our actions here will dictate whether we come through alive, or not at all. Get me every Matoran, every Skakdi, every Vortixx with a working arm, and the will to fight. It is always darkest before the dawn, and I say to all who can hear me now,""We. Will. Not. Lose."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Voxumo

Voxumo released thentyle from his grip and laughed loudly the sound reverbrating off the walls.

"Now you can fight with me or worry about the matoran. Your choic...."

He trailed off as he heard a familiar voice

Ahh i remember that voice.

With that he walked towards the small gathering and approached the one in command Tarnok and grinned wildly as he simply shook his head

"Remember me?" He asked rather loudly and sarcasticly

OOC: Long time no see

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"That's the Tarnok I remember" Whorok approved before he darted off through the city streets, shouting out a call to arms for anyone to hear.

As the hunchback saw people rile up all around him, his mind drifted to his little Matoran friend, Aar, who had so recently joined the Ussalry. There was little he could do now but hope for the Great Spirit's help.

Whorok barged into his hut, quickly opening a chest that contained his tools. His tools had rarely seen battle, and never any of this magnitude, but they were all he had: a flail and a large claw.

OK, so maybe they weren't that unsuited after all.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: ThentyleThentyle felt the dilemma at first. He did not wish to see any more innocents die. But then he heard the Onu-Matoran's speech outside, coupled with the cheers of many who were listening. Thentyle couldn't help but smile. After all, he was right; there were no other options now. He wanted to somehow save everyone, and while he had felt rather affronted by Voxumo's coldness, the courage that everyone was showing somehow strengthened his resolve. His drill drawn, he was ready to take on any he needed.The claw-like appendages on his knees tightened in excitement. There wasn't enough time for even a hundred Onu-Matoran to tunnel their way out of the Koro. There wasn't some superhero that would jump in and save them. It was do or die.

"...and I have no intention of dying." He said bravely.

Is that so?

Thentyle blinked for a moment, trying to work out where the voice had come from. He realised then that it was his own voice, but it sounded strange. He dismissed it, as the voice did not return. Now wasn't the time to let some kind of madness take him. Though the voice remained silent, its thoughts could still be felt in the back of his mind

Madness...that's familiar...

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

IC:Tarnok paused.

Even as a few disparate Ussalmatoran gathered around him, drawn to the location by Whorok's cries, he stared at the Ko-Toa. He remembered him, he remembered what he had done. This... Piraka was the reason that Uyism was in the hospital. Anger and righteous fury blurred together, both screaming at him to attack, to avenge.

But he stayed still.

"Yes, I do. You're the one who put my friend, my comrade, in the hospital. And on any other day, you would already be on the ground. But today I have bigger problems to deal with. You're a washed up punk who gets off on pretending to be important."

"Do the world a favor. Get out of my sight. And if you're so eager to die, you can feel free to come see me again when this is all over."

The Onu-Matoran looked away dismissively. Voxumo was no longer acknowledged, no, worse. He no longer existed to the Matoran. Looking at Thentyle, he nodded. "Then get ready."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: ThentyleHe shook. He'd just heard something that was utterly shocking. Voxumo, the first friend he had made...was responsible for hospitalising a Matoran? He couldn't believe it. he didn't want to believe it. And for now, at least, he tried to push the thought out of his mind to keep him strong for the upcoming attack.

"I'm as ready as I can be." he said to the Onu-Matoran that had just dismissed Voxumo. "I'm--"

How can you take a Matoran's word for it?

The voice had returned, but Thentyle refused to listen. Pushing it away more and more, he was completely unaware that his mask was now made of more rust than Kanohi. And yet as it corroded more, the voice was becoming more present, more attuned to him. As though they were one in the same. "No! I must protect this village!" He shouted to himself, shutting up this strange insanity that was washing over him.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

IC: Leli

A single Matoran stood next to Tarnok, seemingly small compared to the muscled Usssalmatoran. Her armor was green, though her element was unknown, her eyes were bright and defiant, though they held within them a fear. Not for herself, not in any way herself. Perhaps it was brought on only because of the Rahkshis' terrible screams, though whatever the reason, she was afraid.

Afraid for her village, which she had left so long ago. Afraid for her friends back home. Afraid for friends present here.

Though not for herself. Never for herself.

With a slowness uncharacteristic of her, Leli reached behind her, her hand closing around a staff of Le-Koroan origin. She brought it before her, two blades sliding out from the weapon on each end as she did so.

This wasn't her village, but she would defend it all the same.

IC: Onuzek

There weren't any further questions asked or speeches given, and the strange duo's journey progressed in relative silence as they made their way to the Wahi of sand and sun.

OOC: Onuzek and Feongulf to Po-Wahi.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Voxumo looked directly at Tarnok now and his next words were chose very precisely " Perhaps i should pay your friend a visit. I'm sure she would love to see me." he grinned madly as he payed close attention to Tarnok reaction. With his free hand he grabbed the edge of his cloak and cast it off, revealing his missing left arm and the gaping hole through his lower abdomen along with the chunk of shoulder armor missing. As he drew his weapon with ice already forming along the edges of it he smiled wickedly while adding in a small voice "which is more important your friend in the hospital or your village?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC XenonFrom the roof of a hut, the toa of plasma waatched the proceedings that unfolded.He had planned to return to Dark's base and to continue the hunt, but a few errands had tied him up, and now this. Lizard-mechas prowled outside the gates of Onu-Koro, which for some reason had sent the populace into panic. Even as Onu-Koro prepared for war, Xenon watched and observed. "This should be interesting," he thought. "I've never seen machines like those before, and yet, somehow I instinctively know that they're not friendly. An attack seems imminent. This will be quite the spectacle indeed..." Flying over to a hut closer to the gate, he silently stared at the host of mechanical monstrosities, ready to unleash a wave of killer plasma at a moment's notice.

IC: Aar

For the first time in his life, the prospective soldier froze. He'd faced dozens of individual Rahi in the tunnels before, alongside others, but with this... countless Rahkshi on all sides... There was nothing he could do. Absolutely nothing at all. He'd had no training, and wasn't even officially part of the Ussalry yet. He couldn't contribute to this fight, or even hope to defend a single Matoran.

And that battle cry... the red Rahkshi... it terrified him, filled him with a sense of dread the likes of which he had never felt before. But he remembered a quote he'd heard once. That courage wasn't lack of fear, it was the will to face it. And now was his best opportunity for that.

He didn't fight, though. He threw himself on top of a tall box and shouted at the crowds below, "Miners of Onu-Koro, go to the Great mines and dig upwards! Get as many Matoran as you can away from the village and to safety!"

Drill in one hand, and pickaxe in the other, he sprinted for the Great Mine. He didn't know how many people would follow him, but whoever did, let them. Whoever didn't, let them. If they had better ideas, he wished them luck with it. He repeated his 'orders' as he dashed, calling into branches of mining tunnels, until he made it to the flooded Great Mine. Immediately, he set to work, climbing to a higher level and, setting his drill on, winding his way upwards. Already, three miners, two of which he had worked with before, were helping him, with a small group following them from behind.

IC: Demothi

The greatest profanity known on Mata Nui went through the illusionist's mind. Tuning his sound dampeners to listen to the commotion outside, he had a good idea of what was happening. He tossed a quick explanation back to the two Matoran and threw the door open. A few more outlaws were making their way back. Demothi idly wondered where Zadros was as he climbed on top of the warehouse. He was glad it was near the outskirts. That would make this easier.

Drawing on the power of his Mahiki, he created a huge illusion of an immense stone column to hide the existence of the warehouse. Keeping his sonics at the ready, he sat down. If anyone/thing unwanted came too close, he'd set up a field of silence to keep them from being found.

As for the rest of the Koro? He didn't care. Why should he care for the fate of the living? He was watching out for himself alone. Well, and any of the thieves who hid within his illusion. He didn't care much for them, though, they were just along for the ride.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Thentyle

It eased the orange-and-black Onu-Toa's mind to hear the Onu-Matoran that weren't fighting were going to make a break for it. He decided then and there that no matter what, he could not let the Rahkshi reach the Great Mine, and that if they got close, he might take desperate measures. He thought about his strategy for a moment; his Toa Tool was nothing but an oversized drill, not very effective against such a threat. However, his elemental power would be his saving grace if he used it appropriately. He breathed slowly, trying to calm down while still locking out the voice in his head of the Madness, now becoming accelerated by the presence of the Makuta's Sons.Creating Earth...Absorbing Earth...Controlling Earth...

His thoughts were clear as crystallised protodermis. He recited slowly the three key elements to his powers. He had to use the most efficient means of using it. On one hand, the absorbing power would speed up the evacuation digging at the mine, but it would also mean he would have to release the excess energy periodically. In combat, he would be surrounded by his own element which he ould most likely absorb to replenish his elemental energy if he began falling low, although he knew fatigue was a far worse enemy against such a threat. He knew most of the Rahkshi powers thanks to the information his old friends had given him back home, but that only made him more nervous. In the army of reptiles he could see Rahkshi of disintegration, fear, anger, elasticity...each more fearsome than the last. For a single Toa to take on even one Rahkshi alone was risky, but he knew that even if he fought one-on-one he still had a field advantage that could save his life.

IC:"Your services would be greatly appreciated. But before that, I require you for a slightly different purpose." Without ever taking his eyes off of Voxumo, he spoke quietly enough that the Ko-Toa was unable to hear.

"Bind him and remove his mask and weapons, if you would."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Dendron:

With a nod, Dendron caused a few lightvines, a few of which grew around, to pop out to bind Voxumo's arms and legs, another shooting up to grasp and remove his mask. A moment's concentration and the Lightvines were coated in an iron-hard bark, holding Voxumo like a statue.

"By the authority of the Onu-Koran Ussalry, you are under arrest, my friend. I'll leave it to Ussalmatoran Tarnok, current leader of the Ussalry's forward defense, to give you what rights you have."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Whorok had returned to where Tarnok was giving orders left and right, his weapons currently strapped to his hip and mounted on his back respectively. He walked over to the Ussalmatoran, who was dwarfed in size even by him.

Size, however, was not the issue. Tarnok had been one of the few to step up when the shadows had been cast upon their city. And Whorok no longer harbored any discontent for him, just respect.

"At your service, sir" he said.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: i'm sorry i am going to call one shot wonder or auto hitting for you allowed no reaction time on that. Not gonna happen that easily.

Voxumo could feel the vines wrapping around. In one solid motion he concentrated and let spikes of ice shoot out from his body cutting through the majority of the vines. One was still wrapped around his ankle and with his sword he cut through the vine.

He looked at the Toa of plantlife and Tarnok and laughed.

"Nice trick."

Was all he managed to say before his mask glowed for the briefest of seconds and the toa of plantlife's gravity began to increase which would eventually bring him face down in the dirt.

OOC: See now i gave you plenty of chances to react

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:But unfortunately for Voxumo, the Onu-Matoran had not been idle.

Ice takes time to form, even if it is quick. And in a battle of elements, things are never decided so quickly. By the time his vision cleared, and his regained his mobility, it was too late. Cold steel pressed against his chest, not enough to draw blood, but enough to keep his attention focused.

Tarnok stood before him, a dagger in each hand, one of which was poised just above Voxumo's heart. "I am going to let you in on a little secret."

"I can push this knife into your chest in the time it takes for you to blink. I can skewer you before you can strike me down, and even if you try to use your mask, I can still stick you like a Rahi before I fall."

"And don't think I won't. I have every reason, and no reason not to. Sometimes, taking the moral high ground requires stepping over a few bodies. And I am more than willing to kill you to keep my village, my friends, safe."

"Whorok, Dendron. Cocoon him."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Voxumo simply looked down at Tarnok and laughed

"Oh my dear silly little matoran. Soon you will have more than me to deal with. I know a certain toa who will soon succumb to makuta's will. He is near right now and does not even realize that he is being taken by the madness."

With that he brought his own arm to grasp the dagger in tarnok's hand and thrusted the dagger into his chest. As blood started to flow from it he laughed loudly for the whole gathered group to hear

"Soon one among you will belong to the enemy. At that point you all will be doomed."

He managed to turn his head to look at Thentyle and in a soft voice he managed to say.

"Remember what i have told you 'Do not look into the shadows for evil, For true evil lies in those that say they fight for good.'"

With that Voxumo used his leg to kick tarnok which in turn caused the dagger to be thrusted out of Voxumo's chest. As Voxumo fell to the ground he laughed one last time and his eyes flicked for the for the briefest of seconds as a small razor-sharp ice dagger shot out of his hand and went directly into Tarnok's neck, a potentially fatal wound.

With a final smirk his head fell to the ground causing his mask to shatter from the impact. His heart light flickered before all signs of life left Voxumo's body. His only hand pointing in the direction of Thentyle and his maskless facing Thentyle as his dead expressionless eyes seemed to look into Thentyle's eyes

OOC: Voxumo is dead. No argument

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

Calmly, smoothly, the ice projectile was intercepted midway to its target. With a quiet crack, it shattered as it connected with solid metal, dissipating into harmless shards that pinged off of his armor. Silently, he took a look at the knife in his right hand, and the droplets of red smeared across its length.

His eyes moved toward the body, and he tugged the Ko-Toa's mask off of his corpse. It was a symbol, and if he lived through this day, he would leave it in Uyism's room. She needed to know that her target had been caught, that he'd been brought to justice. Eyes hard, the Onu-Matoran turned away from the corpse.

OOC: Voxumo, while killing your character is your choice, autohitting is still not allowed. You yourself railed against it above, so if you need a reason why, there it is. The way in which the move was deflected is well within Tarnok's abilities, and was set up a post prior.If you have any objections, PM me.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Bad wordage, sorry about that. Didn't pay much attention to my writing at that moment.

IC-Dendron:

"...Now that we're done with that," Dendron said, ignoring the body below, "I trust we can get on to the matter at hand?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:"Yes, there is." The Onu-Matoran said, sheathing both of his knives. "And if Arkom would get his hide out here, I'd actually have enough authority to start getting things done."

The Onu-Matoran glanced toward HQ, as if the target of his impatience would be arriving any moment.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Do tell," A familiar voice snarked behind Tarnok. He turned.

Before his eyes came a small column of Ussalmatoran. At its head rode Gyn and Arkom, side by side; Gyn smiled affably and Arkom nodded to the last of 7th standing. Behind the pair came Gavarm, grinning slightly as he broke off from the group to trot next to Tarnok. And then rode the common fighters. The light cavalry of Regiments 1 and 2 walked along under the shade of their bright caps, followed by Regiment 8 in gleaming plate. Weapons glinted in the light of phosphorescent fungi.

"After all, it's not as though I haven't been getting things done," Arkom said with a smirk. "Regiment 2 is currently building fortifications. I had to use Regiment Commander powers to authorize the materialization of polybolos...As for you?"

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:The Onu-Matoran's right hand calm up in a crisp salute, before he replied. "I don't believe that I said you weren't doing anything, Commander. In fact, I've already noted three squadrons redeployed to strategic areas that would otherwise have been in reserve."

"But whilst you have been working the technicalities, I've been trying to ensure that those already present do not dissolve into panic. Seeing as Turahk have already sent a solid squadron's worth cowering, it's not exactly easy. There is a distinct lack of communication between the squadrons already present. In other words, I've been trying to keep this place from falling apart at the seams.""And I must add, it is good to see you in the field, sir."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: So this seems like a nice time to make a bit of a return.IC: Xerov (Onu-Koro, locked up someplace)My heart is thumping. My breaths are deep, I'm trying to calm myself down, but it's useless; there's no forgetting what I just experienced.At first I thought it was one of my own screams, the kind that went on until my mouth was dry and my throat destroyed. But it didn't take me long to figure out that it was something else altogether, as my insides curled up and begged for death and my mind filled with memories of every fear I've ever felt, and I realised that there was only one person -- no, one being -- who could have done it: Makuta. He was here, and there was no escaping his wrath. I'll admit it: I cried. I cried and I screamed and I writhed in the straight-jacket and chains I'd been left in, begging to be let out, to escape, to run. Because when it comes to Makuta, that's the only thing you can do.I remember the moment Echelon was pulled under the Kini-Nui, and the fear that gripped my very soul, and I know that that was only a taste of the fear I just felt, of the fear yet to come. And I know that there's no hiding from my memories to escape this. The only way to escape is to get out of here, although I'm not sure how. But I will be. The people in charge will still think I'm insane. All I have to do is act and scheme until I'm ready to initiate my plan.I am Xerov; murderer, ex-follower of Makuta.And I'm breaking out.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: (Tarcvor/Near Tarnok & Co/Onu-Koro)

Tarcvor was a young Toa, with little over a year under his belt. And in his mind, it just might be his only year. Sitting in a lonely corner, he was fighting to stave off the relentless bullets of despair. Here he was, trapped hundreds of feet beneath the ground, around people he didn't know and facing an end to what seemed to be a short life ended upon the blade of a Rahkshi staff. He was on the verge of breaking down and crying like an infant. Then a thought, long suppressed by the all encompasing sense of doom and dread, popped up in his head.

You have a duty, Tarcvor. Would Pohatu go into a corner, and weep like an infant?

Very true, he figured. His idol wouldn't just lay in a metaphorical ditch and die, no, Pohatu would fight, even though the odds were stacked against him. With a will to go out fighting, he got up. No, crawled, up to his feet. He then uttered a quick, almost automatic prayer to Mata Nui for forgiveness. Summarily, he made himself look somewhat puffed up, somewhat haughty, mostly confident. The way Toa should look. And in small, but confident steps, he walked on over to the Matoran in charge of this whole defense. To Tarnok, he said:

"I am Toa Tarcvor, sir, I will do everything in my power to defend this village. What do you need me to do?"

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Xerov (Locked up in Onu-Koro)

I want to find whoever made this jacket and strangle them.

I think they screwed up in that my arms are in front of me, but with these chains keeping me attached to the chair (which is itself nailed down to the floor) I don't see myself getting anywhere. The plan, as it stands, is to find a way out of the chains, then bring my arms up and undo these straps with my teeth. The best option would be to get a knife, take it in my mouth and cut through, but I don't see myself getting a knife any time soon.

"Morning, murderer." Oh. It seems I stand corrected.

The Onu-Matoran who has come to greet me is one I'm somewhat familiar with. I don't think he's particularly good at his job, and I know he hates me. I fake a look of complete confusion. "Who are you?"

"Your worst nightmare," he grins. Oh, the poor soul. He doesn't even know how overused that line is. "I'm just in here to say goodbye. I'm supposed to be bringing you food, but I don't feel like spoon-feeding a killer. See, there's an army of Rahkshi on Onu-Koro's doorstep, and every Ussalrymatoran available is being rounded up to go. Most are gone already, but I reckon I can get out of here to join them."

With that, he begins walking out the door. I have a lot of questions, but none of them are necessary -- he's told me everything I need to know. If most of the Ussalry is gone, then there won't be many guarding this place, and those that are will be the weakest and most useless. The good ones are needed to defend Onu-Koro from the Rahkshi.

The Onu-Matoran has a knife on him. If I can just get close enough...

"You know what? I'm glad I killed them," I hiss darkly. Silence. Then the Onu-Matoran turns around, slowly, his face angry. "Look at me. I should be dead, my neck in a noose, but I'm here, where no one can hurt me."

Slowly, the anger fades, replaced by a malicious glee. If this goes wrong... "You're wrong. I can hurt you. In fact... I can kill you."

"What gives you the right?"

"You're a murderer and a fiend. You deserve nothing less than death," he growls, inching closer, his hand on the knife held against his thigh. Come on... just a little closer...

"And how do you plan to kill me, hm?" I smirk. "You'll be fired in an instant. I'm helpless, chained and in a straitjacket."

He stops. Please, move. Come on, don't be even stupider than I already think you are... or worse, smarter. "I can say you tried to escape. Got out of your chains, attacked me and made a break for freedom."

"And how would I do that?"

"The chains were too loose. See, if I kill you know, it'll be too messy. Blood all over the chair and chains. It'll be obvious that I killed you without a reason. But with that jacket on, you can't hurt me, even if I undo your chains. Which is exactly what I'm going to do. There's only one or two other guards in the building, and they're out with the stable criminals in proper cells." Mata Nui, this guy really is something. Thank you for that extra little detail, mate.

He moves over to me, and takes out a key, unlocking the chains. He must've been keeping it in his armour. He's been planning this for a while... hopefully I can still pull it off. He picks me up, throws me against the wall, and takes out his knife. "This is for the girls you killed."

"Heads up," I grin, bringing my arms up and smashing them into his chin, sending him reeling backwards, his knife clattering to the floor. He's dazed, lying against a wall. I crouch down, picking up the knife in my mouth, then sit up and start sawing. This fabric isn't too thick, so it cuts through quickly enough, but I do get a scratch on my armour. Not great. My arms freed, I undo the other straps on the jacket and throw it to the ground, before letting the knife drop and picking it up in my right hand. I walk over to the guard, then crouch down in front of him, looking into his eyes, then put the knife against his throat. He's too egotistical to give himself up to let me die -- he didn't even want to give up his job, why would he let his life go? "Now, you're going to tell me the quickest way out that'll avoid guards."

"I'll never talk," he spits defiantly. All it takes is a little more pressure with the knife to leave him a whimpering wreck. This guy... "There's a backdoor, not far from here. Follow the corridor we're in now to the left, then straight ahead and then take the right at the end of it and you'll be right at it."

"Good. Now tell me where I can find my jacket and gun."

"The jacket might have been binned, I haven't heard anything about it. I don't know about the gun."

"I liked that jacket. I like that gun," I growl.

"It's probably in a vault somewhere or something, I don't know."

He seems to be telling the truth. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna have to buy a new jacket. But I will be back for the gun. "I will be back for that gun."

With that, I take the pressure off, and he leans forward, taking a deep breath in. I quickly bring the butt of the knife down on the back of his head, making him collapse. Time to leave.

There it is, a backdoor. The place is all but unguarded. I breathe a sigh of relief, then begin walking towards it. Then I hear shouting, somewhere behind me, a fair distance off. They've found the guard. They know I'm missing. There's no time to waste.

I throw the door open, then close it quietly behind me and start running. Oh, I missed running. Actually, I didn't, but still.

Time to get a new jacket.

Edited by Indigo Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

OOC: Reviving a few more characters to help defend Onu-koro. A bit of BZ-Time as well.

IC (Banua): Banua returned to Onu-koro on ussalback, trying to bring his thoughts under control so he could think straight. It had been a long time since he had left his home village with that trading convoy to Po-wahi. He had meant it to be a way for him to regain his confidence and become a toa-hero again, but things hadn't worked out that way. It turned out that he wasn't much of a defender of Matoran, and after that debacle with the pirates and that mad, mad Vortixx (he shook his head at the very thought), he couldn't even fail right. He'd tried rejecting destiny, not caring about anyone else, and doing whatever because nothing mattered, and found out that he was no good at that either. He'd found that he cared even then - he didn't want the pirates to go around stealing and threatening Matoran. He didn't let the ship's captain push him around (though standing up to him didn't often produce good results) and eventually, when he couldn't stand the chaos and insanity that surrounded the ship like a dark cloud, he'd quit. He'd told Shrike exactly what he thought of him, his gun and his hat, and walked out (which again, didn't exactly go well, unless you like getting electric shocks). Still he'd done it. He still didn't know what it was he wanted, but he didn know it wasn't that.

Which, in the end, had lead him back here, to Onu-koro. Whenever Banua needed to set his thoughts straight or just forget them all for a time, he would go back to bashing rock. Whether it was mining, digging tunnels, or breaking up boulders into building materials, the work had a way of focussing him. So here he was.

After dropping his rented ussal off at the stables, Banua headed towards his own hut, and found it much as he had left it weeks ago. Letting himself in, he dropped his travelling pack onto the floor and set down his toa tools in favour of a pair of pickaxes. He took one last look around the place before heading out the door for Mining HQ. It was then that the earth began shaking, and not in the way it sometimes did when miners let off explosives in caverns underneath the village. This was an entirely different sort of subterranean rumble, and Banua knew it couldn't be good news. Then Rahkshi. Lots of Rahkshi. Many, many more Rahkshi than had been in Po-koro. Banua remebered back to what that attack had been like, with only six. Dead Matoran, crushed rock, the smell of blood, the sound of those screams and the feeling of hopelessness after they left.

And then they just... stood there, doing nothing. Those unstoppable monsters just... stopped. Banua didn't think at all. It was like he'd been bashing rocks for hours - he just reacted, moved. His body knew what to do even if his mind was in turmoil. He had grabbed his toa tools and was sprining for the boundaries of the village where the ussalry was gathering.

"I am Toa Tarcvor, sir, I will do everything in my power to defend this village. What do you need me to do?" he heard another toa say.

"Toa Banua, also at your service" he added. It was the first time in years that he had used that title to refer to himself.

IC (Pukena): When Pukena saw the Rahkshi, she immediately dissolved into sand and dropped to the ground. Those creatures were bad news in any situation. She stayed still, hopingn that as the army swept over the koro sowing death and destruction, she might remain unnoticed and later escape. This was Onu-koro, after all. It was dark, and her grains blended nicely with the loose earth that formed the floor of Onu-koro's main cave. Maybe she would be able to wait this out.

Surprisingly, the Rahkshi army did not sweep forward, killing everything in site. They stood still and looked at the village, occasionally letting of one of their high-pitched shreiks. Wondering what was going on, Pukena decided it was safe(ish) to stand up again. Reforming her body from its separate grains of sand, she saw that, yes, the Rahkshi still weren't moving. Encouraged that death wasn't as imminent as she had thought, she moved slowly towards the edge of the village for a better look.

OOC: I don't have time to do Hatann now, so he'll come later.

ppg2.png

Evacuation, panic. Perfect. This was absolutely the perfect time to pilfer some goods. Houses vacated, everyone in only two places. Why was he hiding the warehouse when he could take advantage of this brief moment of safety? Leaping from the roof, he set out without explaining to any of the other thieves. To Karzahni with them. They all had to die sooner or later.

But not him, because he never had been alive.

He shifted appearances to a female Toa of Earth. Her dark armor made the perfect camouflage. Not that she couldn't just throw up an illusion to hide. She immediately set to work, slipping into the first house she saw. It seemed most of their valuables had already been taken. The fools. That would only slow them down. Demothi quickly bagged a nice-looking silver picture frame. No widgets. They would be of no use if everyone died, after all. With that, she moved on to the next.

Aar:

The miner ducked an attack from a Blade Burrower and jumped back. Three Toa stepped forward and battled it. It wasn't long before it ran, tunneling away. Aar inspected its tunnel. "It's rather fortunate we ran into it. These tunnels could easily accommodate the evacuees." He turned to the miners and fighters at his side, "Tell everyone to stick together, and to keep a Toa within sight at all times. If we run into another Blade Burrower, it'll be easier to fend it off that way. And I can almost guarantee we will." With that, he started sliding back.

"What are you doing, Aar?!" cried one of his comrades.

"Going to see if there's anything I can do. I'm not a fighter, but I'm sure I could have some use." And he was off. He wasn't sure about what he was doing, but it felt like the right thing to do. He always had been a fighter at heart. Protecting others like Kehuri while a Toa was absent was his self-appointed Duty.

He let his mind wander as he made his way to the others on his short legs. He wondered where that silly Kehuri had gotten to. Still in Le? Musta joined up with the ILF after all. He smiled bitterly. Aar wished his friend were back here. Lazy as he was, he could still have been useful. But enough of that. Time to focus.

BZPRPG Profiles

Demothi finished stuffing her bag with a couple more sparse valuables and exiting another house. She rounded another corner, not being careful, figuring everybody had run. Well, someone didn't. She stopped in mid-step as she spotted a Toa of Magnetism facing her. Too late to duck into an alley, so she just kept walking ahead.

BZPRPG Profiles