Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Hajia, Onu-Koro

"Perfect." Hajia said, standing up as she did so, offering Gravity her hand, her face still mischevious and jovial, smirk present and eyes sparkling. "Now, I dare say an even bigger desicison is ours to make. Do we want to go out the revolving door, or the normal one?" Hajia said, grinning playfully.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC. Assassination.

Liacada plodded into Onu-Koro, giving a little yawn and stretching. She hadn't walked as far as the trip to this rock cave had been. She lifted her map again, matching what she saw on the paper to what was in front of her. She had reached her destination.

She simply needed to find Whenua now, and that was simple. She could only hope killing him would be that easy.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Tarnok

"Yes, Uyism. The big one."

The Onu-Matoran paused in his stride, turning to look at Leli head on. "I'm as certain of it as I am that you're sitting there. Akrainids are a very rare species on this island. And it can't be a coincidence that this one resembles the one from the Hive battle so much."

"The odds are too low."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC. Council Meeting.There was another meeting soon. This one, however, was different. All citizens were summoned. In thirty-two seats were the collective council members, plus Nuparu and the recently arrived Whenua. The audience was the Onu-Koroans, all standing in the city square as the politicians talked. Kyju stood, and the audience was in dissarray. There was jeering, along with a lukewarm applause. Most didn't know what to think of the Akrainid, whose voice now boomed throughout the Koro. "People of Onu-Koro!""I have realized my great sin to you, the people I seek to serve. My militarization has caused nothing but trouble and oppression. So I seek to redeem myself by doing something, and doing it today. I will destroy the military bases that intimidate the population. I will destroy the taxes which leave you with in need. From the rubble of this, I will create a better Koro. Better equipment for our miners, better buildings for our shop-owners, and finally, a building where not just the politicians, but everyone can meet. You deserve to know exactly how your homes being run. And so, you will." With a gesture, he relinquished control of the convention to the next man as the entire crowd erupted in applause. Roaring Onu-Koroans shouted his name until Whenua hushed them. They all silenced before their great and long awaited leader as he began to speak. "Onu-Koroans! In honor of-" He was silenced as the middle of the stage- specifically, the parts in his immediate area, were set ablaze in an instant. The fire grew rapidly as though it was being fed, though no obvious source was present. Citizens ran as fire was shot into the crowd. A Matoran fell dead and people ran from the area. The Ussalry came on scene, evacuating villagers and making sure the politicians got off. However, no one could help Whenua, who was surrounded in flame. One Ussalrymen- a Matoran with a lisp -ran in and attempted to, but fell back with a yelp as the fire lashed out at him, tendrils attacking his chest. It was evident to the observant that the particular fire surrounding Whenua was being controlled, even though the rest ran wild. Kyju saw her, and pointed it out. A Toa in the middle of the running crowds who stood still, arms lifted. An Ussalryman ran towards her, but she landed a kick directly to his forehead and ran forward.She produced two swords and leapt up on stage, instantly running towards the Turaga and slicing towards his neck...

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: NPC Ussalry Guard

Liacada's swords sliced through the air, the sharpened metal blades glinting malevolently off the lightstone's pale light as their razor-sharp edge threatened to cut clean through the Turaga of Earth's neck. It seemed it would be over in that instant, the Turaga's head would be separated from his squat body, his life slipping away in the very Koro he built. He would have returned home the hope of safety, only to find death. In that moment, many things would be decided. The death of Whenua would rock the deep-rooted Village of Earth, shaking it to its very core. Many unforeseeable changes would undoubtedly take place.At that moment, much would be decided.

However, situations weren't static. What was present one second may be gone the next. Situations were dynamic and fluid, flowing with the choices made by being everywhere. Which is why history would be forever changed when a glowing field of pure energy suddenly materialized in the path of Liacada's biting blades. The energy completely stopped the Toa of Fire's swords' path towards Whenua's neck, the deadly edges rebounding off the energy shield with almost as much force as they were swung with. The source of the sudden energy shield that saved the Turaga's life was a metallic-blue Kanohi, its sudden glow fading as it was deactivated. The Kanohi Hau sat atop a sharp face belonging to a powerfully built Toa clad in black and purple armor, with his extra armor shining metallic blue. If that was anything to go by, as well as the fact that the Ussalry's symbol was crafted into his polished shoulder armor, the being before Liacada was obviously an elite Guard member.

And he did not look happy. Couldn't really blame him, considering he had just had to save his Turaga's life. The flames around Whenua proved ineffective against his Hau's energy shield, and so were easily dealt with. In his hands were twin axes, judging by their style and the way that he held them, they were obviously his chosen Toa Tools. But that wasn't it. On his back was a black shield, while both his gauntlets had knife sheaths built into their undersides. One of these axes was pointed directly at the Toa of Fire, while his stand indicated someone who knew exactly what they were doing.

Killing the Turaga of Earth just got a bit harder to do.

IC: Gravity

I smiled, pushing everything else aside, and took Hajia's hand as I stood up next to her. "Revolving door, obviously," I replied, my smile forming into a somewhat childish grin of sorts. "They're so much more fun."

Yes, now was not the the time to focus on what had happened. What was the past was the past. History. History that I shouldn't have remembered. History that shouldn't be there. Wait, stop, not thinking about it.

IC: Leli

"So... You want us to get rid of him?" Leli asked, tilting her head at the Onu-Matoran. Coming from the green-armored Matoran, "Get rid of" could mean multiple things. Most of them probably involved pain in some form or another. Leli suddenly glanced around, having the distinct feeling that the walls were starting to close in on her. No, it just wasn't natural for a Le-Koroian to be here. The trees were her home, not some stuffy tunnels.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"No. We're not that desperate yet." The Onu-Matoran replied, shaking his head. "If we take him out by force, we're no better than he is."

"Peaceful removal is the preferred option." Tarnok was quiet a moment, pondering his next words. "I can only think of a few Ussalry officials who are't corrupt."

"Unfortunately, the one I have the best chance of talking to hates me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC. Assassination.It was true, history was fluid. Things could change in the blink of an eye. When looking into the grand scheme of it all, that fact was a bit scary. It gave you a feeling of hopelessness. However, what was truly intimidating was the thought that some things had to happen. For instance, no matter what went down, Liacada knew that Whenua had to die. It wasn't a what-if. It wasn't a could-be. She was convicted in her idea that Whenua was going to fall.That's why, when she viciously attacked the Toa before her, she knew that he would never have a chance to stand in her way. She blasted a fireball, but it fell useless against his shield. Another, and it similarly had no effect. So, sheathing her swords, she put both hands out to fire a continuous stream of blazes directly at her opponent. Eventually, the shield would have to give in.The image anyone watching saw was quite interesting. A street rat, born into the slums, was in combat with a high officer of the law, probably born into a rich and noble family. Both wore a Hau, and both obviously knew what they were doing. If such an onlooker could see the eyes of these combatants, they would know that only one of them would be walking away that day.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

The Guyard watched at the stream of fire curled around his energy shield, the glowing flames lighting up that area like a small star. His face not showing the mental effort it took to keep the shield up, the guard member raised both his axes, the twin weapons glowing with a purplish light from the elemental energy being channeled through them. Once he had built up enough power, the Toa released it in a powerful blast of gravitic force. The shockwave of energy momentarily pushed away the flames surrounding him, before the burst of power continued on towards Liacada. The effects of the burst were starting to be seen on the loose objects around the dualists, as those objects started to fall sideways off the stage, away from the Toa of Gravity. The change in gravity would also happen to Liacada, should the glowing burst hit her.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC. Assassination.Just before the blast of gravity hit her, she activated her own Hau. While normal gravity was maintained within her little bubble of protection, things around her began to warp, losing their connection with the ground. She hadn't seen many Toa of gravity- she'd heard they were a bit of a rarity. That might've been because they didn't have a native Koro, though it could be because they were simply more rare to come in existence. Now, on to reducing their race to just a little bit lower a number.From inside her shield, she manipulated the air around him. Namely, it was becoming a whole lot hotter. If he moved, it moved with him, albeit a bit cooler. He would have to keep moving, not stopping for more than a few seconds, lest he burst into flame. This severely limited concentration until he countered the attack.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

The blue-armored Toa of Gravity frowned, pausing momentarily as he felt the temperature around him rise. Only for a moment, and already he was working to counter the attack. His Hau would be ineffective against a non-physical attack such as this. As of now, the heat was bearable, not much more hotter than the tunnels close to lava flows, but it wouldn't stay that way. The assassin's own Hau made direct attacks like the one he used before useless, another tactic had to be taken. Well, why not take from her own idea.

Keeping Whenua out of sight from the attacker, the Elite Guard member once against called forth his elemental power, his axes once again glowing with built up energy. The purpleish halos of power flickered like a illusion in the rapidly increasing air temperature. Twirrling the twin weapons around, the Ba-Toa suddenly slammed them into the stage floor. Almost instantly, the stage floor around Liacada collapsed under its own rapidly increasing weight, hopefully interrupting the Toa of Fire's heat attack long enough for the Ussalry member to take more direct action.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Liacada's plan had anticipated a swift victory, and then a hasty retreat. And, if things had gone to plan, it would have worked. The Ussalry members summoned by the initial chaos would have been too late to defend their Turaga, and too late to catch the killer.

But her attempt had been delayed. And that delay was all the time needed.

A few blocked away, several guards had been gathered, discussing the village's state of affairs, and how to correct them. The screams from the fleeing villager reached Tarnok's ears a brief time after the initial assault, and the Onu-Matoran instantly sprang into action throwing aside his suit coat and grabbing his weapons. He didn't have time to don his heavy armor, so he simply left it behind.

Without waiting to see if his comrades were behind him, he hit the streets running, buckling his knife belt as he went. He could see the flames in the distance, and redoubled his pace. It was only three blocks away, a distance Tarnok covered in a matter of minutes.

He arrived in time to see one of his fellows engaging a Ta-Toa in defense of Turaga Whenua. His green eyes took in the situation rapidly, assessing both combatants. The attacker was clearly wearing a Hau. But there were ways around that.

Without hesitation, he grabbed his repeating crossbow, took aim at Liacada, and fired. With his presence unknown, and her attention diverted, she would be unable to see it coming. And thus, her Hau would be unable to defend against it. He quickly took cover behind a piece of flaming debris, leftover from when she shot fire into the crowd. The heat would disguise the warmth given off by his own body, rendering him invisible in every way to the enemy Ta-Toa.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Xylak (Xylak's office, League of Shades base, somewhere in Onu-Koro)Xylak sat at his desk and sighed. Events had taken a turn for the worse, and this time there was no way to convince Erux to change her mind.They were going to bring back to Mata Nui a being so twisted it was nothing short of a complete monster. And then they would release it, let it do as it pleased... the thought made him shiver.He shook his head, banishing the thoughts from his mind. He needed to find a way to organise everyone, bring them to Onu-Koro, so that his plan to get Xerov out of the way could go on.Myka and the Le-Matoran Erux spoke of would likely be searching for Xerov. Ga-Koro seemed like a good place to start, but he doubted they'd head there. The next most significant location to Xerov would be Ta-Koro. He'd send someone there to look for them.Xerov was trickier... it'd be best to check Kini-Nui for him first. But, he might just have ditched the Followers again... and the most significant location to him, where he wouldn't be caught, was Ta-Koro.Tarrhus and Lezac... Vorex could find them.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Xylak (Xylak's Office)"Yes, I did. Take a seat." Xylak gestured toward a chair near the door. "I was wondering if there has been any word from our... allies, recently. Especially from the Followers or Bad Company."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Huaki (Xylak's office, League of Shades base, somewhere in Onu-Koro)

Huaki shrugged. "Well there's these here for starters," she reached over the desk and handed Xylak several tablets stacked on top of one another. She then walked back across the room and hopped onto the chair, which was big enough for her to fit both her legs on the seat. "No word from Bad Company since the Islets were destroyed, and none from the Followers since before the battle for Pala. You want me to send someone out to track them?"

IC: Xylak (Xylak's Office)Xylak scanned the tablets quickly. Mostly panic about the Islets' destruction, some word from Fantum about recruiting his brother's goons, nothing really important. "No. I'm afraid that there's been a change in plan. Although... there might be something you can do to help."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Xylak (Xylak's Office)"There's a Vo-Matoran, calls himself Xerov. I need you to find him, and a Fe-Matoran who is likely with him. I'd check Kini-Nui first, but if you don't see him immediately, don't go any further. Check Ta-Koro next. Ask inns for a dark blue Matoran, with a Kakama and a grey jacket. Once you've got him, tell him that he is required in Onu-Koro, at The Unfortunate Fikou inn. Then, I need you to find another female Ko-Matoran, named Myka. She should be in Ta-Koro, too. Dark grey noble Huna, mostly white. Give her the same message."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC. Assassination.So far, her attack hadn't let up. Even as the ground pulled her down, she dropped to one knee and resisted it. She was shorter than other Toa, but she was strong. She was young, but she was clever. She didn't look like much, but she was powerful. Most of the people back in the streets of Xa-Koro had learned to respect her. They'd know she was destined for greatness. They had simply never had the chance to realize why. The people of Onu-Koro would realize what greatness she was destined for, and in her infamy she would grow greater than ever. Unfortunately for the elite guard now attempting to ward her off, this meant that he was going to die in a fiery death.Dropping to a knee had given her an advantage she hadn't expected. A crossbow bolt- a coward's weapon -sailed over her head and towards the Turaga. By chance, the shooter had introduced a difficult dilemma for the elite Toa guard. It was inbound for Whenua. It was moving so fast, and it was so close that he could not manipulate gravity to make it miss. It would undoubtedly hit the Turaga if he let it. However, if he was fast enough, he could jump in front of it and take the hit, ending the fight for him. He could activate his shield, but then he would undoubtedly burst into flame in mere seconds.If he used all of his wits, he would be able to find a way to get out of the situation without any damage....That's when another bolt struck her. The one from earlier had been wild and stupid; a shot from someone who wasn't thinking. This was more clever. It hit her in the arm- from her position on her knee, this was protecting more vital areas. Though it distracted her momentarily, the earlier bolt kept her enemy busy while she was recovering. She looked across the crowd for the shooter, but couldn't find him. The pain in her arm was incredible, but she ignored it as best as she could. She would have to look for a solution later.

Edited by Relapse

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Tarnok, behind his cover, cursed. That first shot had been stupid, reckless. He should have been more careful when lining it up. The second was a succes, but a limited one. His ally was still distracted with protecting the Turaga, and unable to assist or fight back. He needed to get Whenua out of here, but he couldn't move him, and the other Ussalry Toa was pinned down. If he could distract the assailant, then perhaps.....

The solution suddenly became clear.

A moment later, he slung his crossbow across his back, and stepped out from behind the burning wreckage. Staring at Liacada., who was still searching for him. After a moment, they made eye contact, the unstoppable gaze meeting unmovable stare.

"You have, to an extent, proven yourself to be an attacker of honor. You could have killed the Turaga from a distance, with none the wiser. You didn't. Instead, you gave an opportunity for response. Which means you are either very foolish, or at least to a degree, honorable.""So in that light, I, Ussalmatoran Tarnok, challenge you to a fight. One on one." He paused. "I know what you're thinking. If you accept, my ally has time to escape. But being a Toa, you should be able to beat me easily before continuing on to your goal.""And if you can't, then you would have stood no chance against both of us. In this way, you have an opportunity to take one opponent out before dealing with the other. I am a man of my word. No one shall intervene."

"Truly, this is more advantageous to you than to me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: [uyism]

It was a rather amusing view, seeing an Iroiit actually dive into the earth itself, the dirt flawlessly giving way to their claws and body. This was the sight that Leli would have experienced when Uyism had determinedly charged after Tarnok, hoping to also assist the Turaga in his time of need, which she had understood from the frantic snippets of conversation occurring all around her.

The dirt in her way parted quickly as her body dug through the earth towards her destination. It had been a while since she had been to the village square, but she still knew the way.

Of course, the first thing she expected to find when she emerged was not her colleague deciding to challenge the assassin to a ridiculous one on one battle.

IC. Assassination.Liacada saw a Matoran in the crowds, attempting to talk to her from where he stood. She heard a few words, but could not overall catch what he was trying to communicate. She pointed both swords in his direction, emitting a fire blast at his feet. She didn't want to kill anyone who didn't explicitly get in his way, and he had disarmed himself. Though the blast might scorch his feet, it was obvious that it was a warning blast.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Tarnok sidestepped, avoiding the attack. Unflinchingly, he started to approach the stage, eyes fixed on Liacada. Once he was certain she would be able to hear him, he spoke again.

"I challenge you to a one on one duel. For reasons you apparently did not hear, though I believe you could figure out yourself, I think you would find accepting advantageous."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC. Assassination.She leveled both swords, tilting her head. "I am not an honorable kind of girl, soldier." She frowned, leaping into the air off of the stage and landing before him. "I will kill you, and use your weapons to kill your friends. Try me."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

"I suppose we will find out."

The Onu-Matoran drew two of his knives, and sank into a ready position. In either hand he held a seax knife, longer than most, tough enough to withstand blows from a sword. Originally, he'd only had the one. But during his stay in Ga-Koro, he had managed to find another, in a small fishing shop. The shopkeep hadn't known that it was originally a weapon, he believed it to merely be a rather strange fishing knife. Tarnok had purchased it on sight.

In a strange way, Tarnok mused to himself, it was better that he hadn't had time to put on most of his battle armor. This was not a fight he would win with endurance, rather, his only hope lay in speed.

He stood completely still, waiting for Liacada to make the first move. His goal was to buy time, and this was the best way. He was on alert for element usage, as well as conventional attacks, ready to react to either.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC. Assassination Side-Show.He was ready for elemental attacks, and conventional ones, but was he ready for both simultaneously? Born in one of the darkest places inhabitable, she had learned to use unorthodox techniques. Liacada fired a large blast directly at him. It would do crazy things if it hit him at such range, but it was mostly meant to hurt his vision. As soon as it was safe, she lunged forward, swords slashing through the flames at the small opponent.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

But her blades met empty air, for the Matoran was no longer in the same place.

He could still feel the uncomfortable heat from the blast, even after he had narrowly evaded it by lunging to the side. Tarnok had used the fire blast as much as a diversion as it had been intended to harm his vision. It had been effective in its intended use, but his vision had not been impaired enough to be overly troublesome.

His left hand stabbed forward, toward Liacada's side, taking advantage of the delay between noticing he was no longer there, and being able to react.

fK5oqYf.jpg

The arrow presented a problem, but not for long as the Toa of Fire was forced to let up her elemental attack. Without wasting a moment, the Toa of Gravity's strong legs pushed him off from the ground, his Hau acivating with a flash of energy as the sudden shield deflected the arrow from the Turaga of Earth. Seeing as the other Guard had the assassin distracted for a moment, the Ba-Toa took the time to get Whenua out of there. Picking the Turaga up in his arms, the Elite Guard quickly made for Whenua's large hut, it being one of the most secure buildings in the area. Whoever this assassin was, they were about to have a much harder time reaching the Turaga.

If they reached the hut in time, that is.

OOC: Okay, so, Whenua moving towards his hut. ;)

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC. Assassination Side-Show.She saw the Turaga leaving, and knew she had to end this fight quickly. As the stab came towards her, she caught the attacker's wrist and twisted in what would make him drop it with any luck. She brought one knee up towards his forehead, hopefully striking dead-on and rendering him unconscious.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Tarnok almost grinned.

He went with the twisting of his wrist, relinquishing his grip on the knife in order to grab Liacada's own rist, and pulled hard. With her balance already weakened by having only one fot on the ground, it was easy to destabilize her completely, forcing her to start to fall. As a result, her strike, already targeting a small area, was thrown off course.

With any luck, she would be forced to let go of his wrist as she fell. And even if she didn't, he would still have his opening.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC. Assassination Side-Show.Unfortunately, the strength of a Matoran was simply no match for that of a Toa. She had made sure to balance her weight correctly, and used that to her advantage as she countered his attempted strike. She threw him off with relative ease, tumbling to the ground and quickly rolling back to her feet. Retrieving his knife, she sheathed one sword and fought with one of either weapon. This allowed more range control, an important factor for dealing with a Matoran. Reversing the grip on the knife, she let out a deadly set of attacks. A kick to the chest, another to the shin, and a final strike- slamming down the butt of the dagger against his head. Any of these attacks could destabilize him, and the final one could finish the fight.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Unconcerned, the Onu-Matoran jumped back, avoiding the attack to his chest, sidestepped to avoid the attack to his shins, and jumped back once more to avoid the attempted clubbing. The attacks, save the last one, had been little to fear, even if they had connected. With the extreme size difference between them, the attempted kicks had been awkward, and relatively ineffective.

He drew another knife, smaller then the first. Designed to be used in close combat or for throwing. "Is this truly the best you can do, assassin?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC. Assassination Side-Show.He had jumped back once too many- this was Onu-Koro, after all. He was literally backed against a wall now. She pinned him against it, sword inches from his neck. Immediately afterwards, she stabbed towards his chest, attempting to gut him with his own knife.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Or rather, that was what Liacada expected to happen. The clink of metal on metal quickly shook that notion from her head, as she discovered that the sword she had been aiming to put against his neck was blocked by a knife blade.

The stab was diverted by a horizontal block, deflecting it to the side. With all of his opponents weapons, and by extension her arms, otherwise occupied, Tarnok brought his knee up, attempting to slam it into his foe's gut.

She had underestimated the strength of a trained Onu-Matoran. She wouldn't get a second chance.

OOC: KNI, this isn't trying to be contradictory, but it is unlikely that Liacada could have brought her sword to Tarnok's neck without him blocking.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC. Assassination Side-Show.Where was the knife to go, but up? As the horizontal block brought it upwards, it would surely strike him. Liacada sheathed here other sword with haste, and, jumping back, blasted the Matoran with a continuous stream of fire. It was a bit of a last-ditch effort- she would abandon the fight if it did not end soon.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.