Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC. Kyju's Lair.As soon as Zadron was finished speaking, Kyju stood. This action seemed to trigger light throughout. They now saw the Akrainid in full, striking glory. Glory wasn't a term used in a divine or beautiful context here- his face was terrifying. Painted with red, slithering lines that contrasted his unnaturally pale flesh. His teeth were the size of a Matoran's fingers, fangs not wasted. The paint ran down across his equally pale chest, made up of foreign reptilian muscles. His entire top half was bare of armor or cloaking, letting the paint show to spread even onto his arms. "The dark is not what was meant to terrify you. You should, however, fear what resides inside of it." By all indication, they had not yet noticed Pae. He was rather good that way. "Here is what I want you to do, specifically. Zadron; compose a gang of thieves based on stealing goods and other materials. Hoard all that you steal in a cave not different from this one. Zenix; form a gang based on violence and destruction, overall creating chaos. Go now and return for your rewards when you are finished."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC (Zadron)

Zadron did well at disguising his shock at the Akrainid's appearance, but he couldn't stop his eyes widening just slightly. Even by the assassin's standards, Kyju's visage was...intense.

"I can do that," he said. Waste of my skills, but I can do it...

The Vortixx cocked his head on one side, eyes narrowed.

"I assume," he said, "you're not going to tell us why we're doing this."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Incinerator (Onu-Wahi)

As the Nemesis heroes distanced themselves from the scene of the destruction suddenly the wreckage of the burning inn exploded as a figure rose up from the twisting flames. Incinerator. His armor had protected him from the brunt of the falling boards, and being a Toa of flame he'd been resistant to the flames. He held another figure limp in his arm. Right before the roof had caved in he'd tackled Malcor to the ground, protecting him from the falling debris. He had failed in his mission to capture them all, but he'd retrieved their leader. Incinerator had a special interest in Malcor, he was pleased he was able capture him.

He looked around for any surviving Dark assassins.

IC: Incinerator would see the Reaper slowly clapping, a maniacal grin on his face. "I see you managed to get one of your targets, despite my interference. Good job." The Fe-Toa looked almost completely unscathed, and however he had gotten out of the burning inn was not obvious at all.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Kutukan

Kutukan dusted some dirt off his armor with his normal hand. His other one fell limp at his side, the damage done by Incinerator clearly evident across its metal workings and even in places where his flesh was exposed. He let out a sigh for Malcor's sake, then turned to the rest of Nemesis.

"Great," he said, "well, this means we'll have to move even more quickly than before. Dark's probably on our tail as we speak."

He looked back and saw the smoke from both the inn and the tavern rising in the distance.

"Although," he continued, "we should appoint a new leader, or they'll find us and kill us for sure. It's difficult to survive in a group without some semblance of organization."

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC (Jin)

"I hardly had anything," I grumbled. "I'm fine."

Almost before I was finished talking, my stomach growled. That's when I remembered I hadn't really eaten anything since... yesterday? Right. I'd hardly had anything -drink or food. Gotta keep up my girlish figure somehow, y'know?

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed the fork that Brykon offered and dug into the pancakes. They were moist and delicious and stuffed full of chocolate. The best kind. I didn't really feel like eating, but my empty stomach and the steaming flapjacks convinced me otherwise.

"Thanks, Bry," I said grudgingly.

I took sips of the strong black coffee in between bites. I've never been a sugar-and-cream kinda gal. Wakes you up faster, and I figured I'd need all the juice I could get.

IC: Incinerator (Onu-Koro)

Incinerator turned to Reaper. The expression on his skull-mask was blank but the flames twisting around his head brightened. “Your interference was little compared to that of Roben,” he said, his voice distorted.

“You do not look like a hero, why hinder us?” he asked taking a step forward. He turned to Xenon and grabbed him by the throat before throwing him to the ground.

“You are a Dark agent,” he spat. “You do not cry over your injuries but take them in silence.” He boomed. “When we return to base then you will receive your healing, we do not go to hospitals, do you understand me agent?”

IC: Ashala (Onu-Koro)

“Roben you can put me down,” she said. Roben did as she told and she walked over to Kutukan before activating her mask and starting to heal his injuries. “And who do you propose leads us?”

IC: Jaceren (Onu-Koro)

“We also need a plan,” he said glancing around. “But I suggest we get the **** out of here before we decide on either of these.”

He turned back to Reaper. "What gives you the right to test agents of Dark?" Incinerator said. "You should pay for interfering with our business."

IC: Jaceren (Onu-Koro)

"Good let's go then," he grunted before entering the tunnel.

IC: Ashala (Onu-Koro)

"Alright you should be all healed up." she said to Kutukan. She nodded and then followed Jaceren into the darkness, with a single glance back at Roben.

OOC: Jaceren, Ashala to Le-Wahi

"What game are you playing Toa?" Incinerator demanded. He was roughly uninjured, his armor had taken most of the beating. His elemental reserved felt mostly untapped. He knew Xenon was in no shape to fight though.

"Yes but I am a master of flame," he grinned. "I am Incinerator, you do not know how many people I have killed... it wouldn't be hard to add you to the list."

IC Xenon"Look, Incinerator," Xenon retorted, "Healing isn't the only reason why I want to go to the hospital. In that fight, we destroyed an entire house; the Ussalry are bound to investigate. In fact, I'm calling them out for being tardy. And if more instances like these pop up, the militaries of the island are going to find some leads. But," he continued, a glint in his eye. "If we can brand ourselves as the victims and get the people on our side, we can deceive the people into thinking that Nemesis is the bad guy. Classic political tactic: antagonize the opposing party and glorify your own. If we use that strategy instead of just hunting for the rogue Weapons, pretty soon, we'll have the Ta-Koro Guard, the Gukko Force, and all of the others on our side."Hearing the Reaper's comments, Xenon turned to the mysterious toa of iron. "Then whaddya want?!" he snapped. Trying to get up, he found himself too burned to even stand properly, so he used his Kadinto levitate.

"It would be a waste of energy and time when I have Weapons to hunt," he growled. "I have reinforcements heading here as we speak... perhaps I will let them deal with you, unless you would rather join us."

He turned to Xenon, "An interesting strategy, be my guest. Try to spill lies about Nemesis... slander them as the villains. When you are finished, report back to HQ."

IC- Sovos - Onu-Koro

The Onu-Matoran had traveled far across the islan, with a single minded determination. It had taken him longer than he had wished, for the Reaper was a hard man to track. The Reaper saw himself as a god, and often acted like it, disappearing into the shadows without a trace. The Reaper, of course, thought it impossible to track him. The shadows were his. What could stop him?

But Sovos knew better. Because there was only one true person who controlled the darkness, who could fade away without any trace. Only one true person who was the master of the shadows.

Him.

Onu-Koro was full of them.

He crouched atop a building, masked in his shadows, invisible to others. But his two eyes remained fixed on the Reaper and the two beings The Reaper was talking to. Sovos had found his target at last- a great threat to his true god Mata-Nui.

A special throwing knife slid soundlessly out of its sheath, resting on his palm.

The matoran took a deep breath, and brought his arm back to a throwing position. Patience. He had to wait until The Reaper was distracted.

Then one of the beings, starting having a seizure. Sovos didn't know why- perhaps the being's mind was damaged. But he had no time to question it, because he had a duty to perform. He could not let down his God. The reaper was too threatening.

Sovos threw his dagger without hesitation.

The thin knife was coating in black paint, invisible- no shine of the light stones could give it away. This knife had been speically prepared by Sovos because he knew The Reaper was in control of iron- the knife was made of stone, stolen from a crafter in Po-Koro. Thus, it was undetectable by its target. Sulov's only regret was that it was not as masterfully carved as most of his other knifes, and thus was not soundless as it moved through the air. It was, however, very, very fast, thrown with perfect accuracy.

Sovos could now do nothing but pray to Mata-Nui.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC. Kyju."Your assumptions are correct. The less you know, the less you can tell." He resigned to the depths, but not before tossing a glance back. "Needless to say, being discovered will result in death. I know you do not fear me. That is inconsequential."

Edited by Relapse

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC (Zadron)

Kyju disappeared into the shadows, leaving Zadron and Zenix in the cave, along with Pae behind them. Oh yes, Zadron had noticed Pae. Situation awareness was paramount to an assassin, and consequently sneaking up on someone who made a living out of sneaking was hard. Zadron had to give the 'Inquisitor' credit, though - he'd almost missed the well-hidden Toa.

Zadron gave Zenix a nod as he turned to leave, mulling over Kyju's words in his mind.

This guy's almost as psychopathic as Echelon, Zadron thought to himself. Business as usual, then.

The dim glow of dusty lightstones lit the interior of a shabby warehouse in one of Onu-Koro's shadier northern districts. Crouched around a fire made from the broken remains of a crate sat a small gang of thieves. A Vortixx whose pockets clinked with stolen machine parts, a couple of Skakdi (the group's muscle), and several Matoran pickpockets sat in a circle, warming their hands and cooking the scraps of food that had made up most of the day's takings. Near them sat the group's leader, a wiry black-and-red Lesterin, enjoying a large smoked Ruki.

"So, what've you got for me today, lads?" the Lesterin asked his cronies. The group's eyes rose to their leader, and one by one objects began to appear in their light-fingered hands. The Matoran produced a few dull trinkets and pieces of jewellery, no doubt taken from the wealthy beings who passed through the Village of Earth. The Skakdi each dumped a sack of widgets looted from the coffers of one of the village's many merchants.

"Lovely, boys!" cackled the Lesterin. "That's lovely, that is. Keep 'em comin' like that, and we'll be rich men!"

"Don't fool yourselves," came a voice from behind him. The thieves' keen eyes snapped around in the voice's direction, senses alert, but not even the Earth Lesterin's enhanced night vision could pierce the shadows from which it had emanated.

The voice's source stepped out of the shadows. Tall, lean, black-cloaked, and armed with various deadly blades, the Vortixx regarded the robber chief with a disdainful eye.

"You're small-time, and you all know it," Zadron continued in his smooth, low drawl. "Pathetic parasites feeding off only what will barely be missed."

The Lesterin's look of shock turned to a sly frown.

"What are you doing here, assassin?" he asked distrustfully. "What do you want with us?"

Zadron smiled a smile that was just as cold and sharp as his blades.

"Me?" he replied. "I'm here to help."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Guest ToaOfAwesome

IC: Masopix walked through the trees wearing his grey cloak. He was going to enter Onu-Koro, but not the traditional way. He went up to the stone tunnel entrance overgrown with weeds. It was isolated--almost nobody knew it existed--but it was nevertheless an entrance to Onu-Koro, and so two Toa of Earth were posted outside to guard. One of them had a Kanohi Rode (Mask of Truth), and it was obvious that he was going to use it. Masopix wasn't worried, though, he was going to tell the truth anyway.

GUARD #1

"Halt. State your business." The guard was sleepy looking and would obviously rather be doing something else.

MASOPIX

"I'm here to do business with a trader I know."

GUARD #2

"He's telling the truth."

GUARD #1

"Go on."

MASOPIX

"Thanks." Masopix walked through the tunnel until he got to an old mine. Making his way out, he got through the hidden exit into the main city. Masopix casually walked away from it. Fortunately nobody noticed that he had just come out of the cave wall. Looking around to make sure nobody followed him, he entered a nearby tavern.

Guest ToaOfAwesome

IC: Masopix briefly scanned the room until he saw a dark blue Toa sitting at a table in the corner. The Toa noticed Masopix and nodded for him to come over. He inconspicuously walked over to the table and sat down.

MASOPIX

“Where have you been, Anoma?” He took off his hood. There was both annoyance and concern in Masopix’s voice. “You were keeping your contact with me just fine and then all of a sudden I don’t here from you for a solid month, and now you’re contacting me to meet you at some tavern in Onu-Koro?”

ANOMA

“Look, I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you earlier, I’ve been in quite a few jams lately.”

MASOPIX

Masopix was suspicious. “Define ‘jam’.”

ANOMA

“Tied up inside a burning building, Rahkshi coming in at all angles, a giant mutated Nui Rama… you know… just the usual.”

MASOPIX

“I see.” He really didn’t want to know all the details.

ANOMA

Anoma looked down at the crystal knife she held in her hand. “Here…” Masopix looked up. “Take this knife, I created it around the map of Ga-Wahi you need with the exact coordinates and everything. Sorry if it’s a bit unconventional, I didn’t want anybody seeing it.”

MASOPIX

“Thank you.” He took the dagger and made it disappear as he had done countless times with his sword.

ANOMA

“By the way, what happened to your shoulder?”

MASOPIX

“It got burned, I won’t go into how. It’s fine though, some guy named Gold patched me up. Don’t worry, he doesn’t know where I am, I started walking East, then started going to Onu-Koro instead when he couldn’t see me.”

ANOMA

Anoma looked confused. “Gold? What kind of a name is that?”

MASOPIX

“I don’t know, although I get the feeling that wasn’t his real name.”

ANOMA

“Figures.” There was a short silence.

MASOPIX

“Anyway, we’d better go now.” With that, Masopix put on his hood and got up.

ANOMA

“Good luck, by the way.”

MASOPIX

“Thanks, you too.” Masopix walked out the door into the streets of Onu-Koro and headed for the main gate. He left the city without anybody thinking about him twice, then headed off towards Ga-Wahi.

IC: Demothi

The wiry Toa of Sonics slipped gracefully through the darkened streets of the Koro, eyes slipping subtly from house to house. Who was a good target tonight?

His eyes lingered on the houses whose lights were off, then flitted to the streets ahead, while his sensitive hearing searched behind. He judged there were two Matoran, one probably of Stone or Iron, judging by its heavy footsteps, behind him. He waited for another moment and they took a turn, leaving him alone. At least from behind. Ahead, a darkly-colored Skakdi crossed the street, before vanishing.

Smiling, Demothi quickly worked his way to the side of the street, and into an unoccupied house's property. Making certain using his sonic powers, he assured himself that it was completely empty. Getting inside would be a complete cakewalk. The only question remaining would be if there was anything worth stealing inside.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC. Sucogu.Little did Demothi know, he was being stalked. A watcher, stealthily following him from the rooftops, caught his every movement and reacted accordingly. The repeated theft of the Toa of sonics had led him to be recognized and targeted by the master of combat who now followed after him.He made no sound, waiting for Demothi to make a movement. Once he began, Sucogu would take him out.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: DemothiActivating his Mahiki, he assumed one of the alternate forms he used in case anyone saw him. This time he chose the appearance of a scrawny Toa of Gravity with wide, insane-looking eyes. If he appeared starved, people would let him off easier. At least in theory. He had yet to be caught. Before picking the lock, however, he got the sudden sense he was being watched. Glancing around, he saw no one, but just to be sure, he turned the dial down on his sound dampeners.Every sound leaped out at him, and he winced a little at the noises in the next street over. Channeling his power, he focused only on the street. That's when the heartbeat of the being on the roof became clear. Turning the sound down, he groaned softly. Playing it cool, he stepped away from the door.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Eskuron, Readra

For a world supposedly resisting the darkness that oppressed and enslaved it, an awful lot of Mata Nui was underground. A huge web of tunnels that weaved in and out of each other, a giant interconnected network of shadow, that continued to expand out and out to the sea. They needed to be careful, though. If they were to dig too far, and too deep, they could uncover their own undoing. An ironic way to go out really.

Eskuron Vetma, being a Vortixx and therefore having a keen interest in technology and expansion, immediately found ideas of how such a vast network of breathing space could be used for such things springing to his mind. He forced them back with earnest, forcing himself to think realistically. He was in a land younger and more naïve than his homeland. They wouldn't take kindly to about 90% of what he thought today. Or was it tonight? It was hard to tell down here.

He was stood in the center of a mostly empty cavern, absorbing its appearance and history as he daydreamed of its potential. Along the walls were the rotting corpses of statues which depicted almost-kings. They looked as if they were grand in their time, but hated, all that was left of them desecrated, even down to the stone figures he looked at here. Almost all of their noses were sanded off, limbs missing, royal drapes mouldy. One had completely crumbled to a pile of broken stone body parts, its face constantly screaming its proud death cry. It was almost tragic, in a way, if their bleak lack of colour and maintenance didn't look so pitiful. Behind Eskuron was a raised section like a stage, with a small podium reaching out of the front. It was by no means expert carving, but the one who had made it had tried their best, evidently somewhat begrudgingly. Opposite him was the entrance, rubble seeping in through the always open doorway, some of it blown away and scattered across the ground thanks to his explosive way of making his own way in. All of it was covered in a thick layer of dust, and not just because it was underground. No one had been in this cave for a very long time. It had been consumed, like all things, by the passage of time. It was like standing below a graveyard ( and for all he knew, he probably was).

“Are you yet living?”

His brother’s words rang out silently in the chamber, the acoustics of the darkness oblivious to the sound. Eskuron didn’t reply.

It had been the last thing Sentraken had said to him all those hundreds of years ago, before they had parted for what he had now found was the last time. They had never got along, but the wrongs of his brother had finally brought his end, and clearly the same would come to Eskuron. All things died, all regimes pass. It was a fact, an undeniable truth that Eskuron had accepted long ago. That had been what separated him from his equally ambitious brother, who was convinced, like so many others, that he would be the one to succeed, and defeat the curse of the power-seeker. On the other hand, Eskuron had accepted his fate, and understood that success wasn’t preventing it, but prolonging it. Then when it came he would welcome it with open arms, for that would be the day he knew he could go on living no longer.

He had seen the body, stripped of its decorative attire, its protective armour, the lens, the weapons. Naked. If Vortixx were a religious people, Eskuron might say something about how he was as naked as he was made, or that he was stripped of all the earthly things that he treasured. But alas, he was instead reminded only of the scavenging and desperation in this land that mirrored the slums of his homeland, the life he had led in the shadow of the mountain that was his brother’s domination. Favoured by their father, favoured by all. No longer.

A grimace. “No longer.”

A shadow slipped through the rocks before him and rose to its feet, reflecting his expression with its own mocking undertone. “I should have seen this one coming.”

Eskuron would have smiled, if it weren't for the circumstances. Instead he loaded his Zamor launcher and went on, “Such a shame, Servio, that your familial line’s lack of foresight has shown your inferiority once again.”

“It showed little. And my name,” he drew his sword, and his mocking grimace transformed into a clever smile, “is Readra. The only people I serve now are the innocent. Your family can kindly go and shove it, your highness.”

The giant smiled at last, a fang-ridden smirk that made Readra shudder. “You should get down on your knees now, Servio,” he drew his own, far greater sword, more of a bludgeoning tool than a blade, “that your fighting ability be able to make me bleed more than your little words.”

“Why do you talk like tha-“ Readra started, but the rest of his words were cut off by a mighty rumble in the earth. Several chunks of rock and stalactite fell to the ground nearby, shattering on impact. It didn't take them long to identify a cave-in. Forgetting their feud, they charged out into the tunnels. As soon as Eskuron thought himself clear of the torrent of stone and earth, he turned to fire on his enemy, only for a second rumble to bring the tunnel between them crashing down. They were separated, and no force they possessed could bring them together again.

He cursed. The traitor had escaped his punishment a second time.

Readra opened his eyes, but they were senseless in the dark. The pitch black of unconsciousness kept its grip even with him wide awake, and a very strong, very familiar smell filled his nose. It was the smell of blood, and he knew it well. He took a deep breath of mostly dust, and blew in several different directions, attempting to determine the location of the bleeding. Since he felt numb and limp, wherever the breeze from his breath cooled the most was going to be where the bleeding was (except, of course, if he had been out for far longer than he had expected).

After some time had passed searching, he struck gold. That is, if gold was made out of acid and he struck it with his bare hand, as that is how the right side of his face was feeling. Red gushed down from a what he assumed was a large cut in the top of his head, and dripped off his chin onto his unfeeling chest. Unfeeling.

It was this thought that brought it home to him how unaware of his surroundings he was, and how all he could do was speak and think. He could feel the dust landing on his face but the hard splattering of blood dripping onto his torso was nothing at all. Arms, legs, fingers, toes even. None of it would move. What had happened? There had been a cave-in, he knew that, but-

Was he paralysed? Or was he still in shock, stuck under the rubble? Perhaps both? He had absolutely no way of knowing. All he understood, truly, was that he was trapped. Trapped in his own body, in a pitch black tunnel among millions, under earth and rock. Travellers might come this way and see the cave-in, but they wouldn’t see him. All they would see would be a dead-end. How he wished he could cry out to them, tell them to wait. But they would just find an easier route by.

Was this it? After all he had been through, was he going to die a slow, painful death in the dark, cold and alone. No one would miss him, at least. Not the villains he had associated with. Not his family. Not Lux or Hakilve. No one.

All that was left to do now, then, was sleep. If no one else was going to notice his passing, then best he didn’t either. Just lay your head back, imagine you’re in a nice warm bed with a feather pillow and a thick fluffy blanket.

Sleep.

Edited by Doctor Wotz

IC (Zadron)

Ironically, Sucogu the hunter was, in fact, himself being hunted. From shadowy rooftop to shadowy rooftop of the undercity, flitting through the shadows and almost totally invisible, was a dark shape. Shrouded in black, Zadron blended perfectly with the darkness, making no noise but the ruffle of his cloak which was indistinguishable from the breezy draughts that whispered through the great cavern.

Zadron needed people like Demothi, and if you knew where to ask, you'd be told that the Toa of Sonics was very good at what he did. Naturally, the Vortixx couldn't allow this would-be vigilante to take out such a useful asset.

So he hunted the hunter, tracked the tracker, until his quarry stopped short. Zadron's keen eyes could see that Demothi too had stopped, and looked to be preparing for a break-in. Evidently the thief was unaware that he was being watched - but wait, he stopped and moved away from the door. Sucogu, meanwhile, was focussed solely on his target, and so he didn't sense the silent assassin's presence until a cold blade pressed against the side of his neck. Its twin was held ready, the forearm to which it was attached resting at Zadron's side, ready to strike or parry should the Toa decide to pick a fight.

"I haven't been paid to kill you," said a quiet but sharp voice from behind Sucogu, "so don't waste my time. Get out of here."

IC: DemothiThe Toa of Sonics hadn't turned his sound dampeners back up- well, not all the way. He turned it to the point where the heartbeat was just barely audible. But then he heard a voice. Was he being targeted? By the person to whom the heartbeat belonged to, or by both? He wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted him dead. Though he figured they probably didn't know his identity. He changed his 'identity' weekly. Stone, Gravity, Sonics, even Air. He'd used them all. If someone were to put the robberies together, however, they were bound to figure out he used a Mahiki. Interested but wary, he ducked into an alleyway and cast an illusion placing 'himself' a couple of feet away, so that nobody could get the drop on him. He then relaxed and listened intently to the beings that were after him.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: he had a sudden feeling? Is that not metagaming 101?IC. Rooftops.Sucogu kept a stoicity as he watched his target change forms. The Toa backed away from the door, as if he knew he was being watched. Then Sucogu noticed a breathing over his shoulder. "Tell you what. I'll take him out, you can have what's left."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC (Zadron)

"Sorry," said Zadron, pressing his Radius Blade a little harder against Sucogu's neck to remind him of its presence. "No deal. I need him in one piece."

The Vortixx shifted his weight slightly, adjusting his posture to better prepare himself for any action Sucogu might take.

"Go. Now. I won't tell you again."

IC. Rooftops.Sucogu had been investigating robberies in the area lately- they had a similar MO of light thievery, nothing crazy. If this Toa was using a Mahiki, it was possible that he was responsible for them all."Hold tight. I won't harm him too bad."He leapt down off the rooftop, booming a landing in a three-point stance behind Demothi. Immediately, he shot a powerful, but mostly harmless stun blast into the Toa's back. Unless he had (quite literally) lightning fast reflexes, he had a slim chance of escaping the delivery. Sucogu lunged forward, a handing crackling with generated electricity aimed at his enemy's head."Criminal activity in the area. Talk."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: People do it all the time in books. =(

IC: Demothi

Stunned by the blast, the Toa of Sonics fell over. Smoke popped out from one of his sound dampeners as a power surge fried it. The following question sent a stab of pain through his head. He cried out, holding one hand to his ear, face wrenched with pain.

IC: The real Demothi

Having disguised himself as a sack of garbage among a pile of similar sacks, the kleptomaniac grinned slyly. He set the dial on his ear back to normal. Smirking, he altered his illusory self's shape into a Toa of Sonics, although one with different features from his own, including a mask shaped like a Great Komau instead, a brown cloak, and a lot more black and less gunmetal. Couldn't be too cautious.

Disguising the lightning bolt going through the illusion was a bit more difficult, though he created a wall of silence a ways down to disguise the noise it made, and created a very basic and easy-to-maintain illusion that nothing was wrong where the bolt had struck. He set to gradually causing it to fade, so that the inevitable smoke would (hopefully) go unnoticed. To make concentrating easier, he pulled his dark cloak over himself, reverting to his regular appearance, only using illusions to darken his eyes and heartlight.

The Toa of Sonics had been using illusions to save his hide ever since he'd become a Toa. While maintaining this number of illusions was complicated, he would have free reins once he let go of the disguise on the lightning-blasted area. He quickly analyzed his foe. Toa of Lightning (albeit oddly colored). Back turned so he couldn't tell what mask he might wear. Definitely not his friend. And judging by the fact he was sent after him, probably an expert in combat and likely tracking too. However, based on the conversation on the rooftop, the other one was on his side. That, or he was trying to lure him into a false sense of security. Best to play it safe and simply watch.

OOC: In case you didn't see my last post (I got the feeling you didn't, but if you did, disregard this OOC), he DID set up a decoy beforehand, so this isn't godmodding.

I love illusions! Why didn't I do this before?

Edited by Marius Pontmercy

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:Onu-Koro had changed.There was no denying that. The oldest resident to the newest, all could see the changes. They had been building for quite a while, though not all had yet seen the source. Militarization, changes in the law. All rooted in the actions of a single individual. There had been hope that when Whenua returned, things would be fixed. With the true representative of the Koro restored, he had hoped things would repair themselves, slowly but steadily.

The assassin had changed all of that. The best efforts of the Ussalry had not been enough to protect the Turaga, though it came very close. Most of the village did not know, most of the Ussalry did not know, but the true failure rested in ten crucial seconds. Ten seconds that could have saved, and in actuality doomed, the great leader. Ten seconds faster, and all would have been fine.

That was the weight that rested on Ussalmatoran Tarnok's shoulders. The weight of a failure too great to comprehend, a shame too great to acknowledge. He was praised as a hero, greeted in the streets by weary villagers who longed for hope. But in his own eyes, nothing could have been further from the truth. A real hero would have stopped Liacada. A real hero would have prevented this disaster. If Sulov were still here, Tarnok knew Whenua would still be alive.But which is worse? The Onu-Matoran thought to himself. No hope, or a false hope?

His eyes swept the street as he walked, watching for any sign of trouble. He had failed, of that there was no doubt. His duty was to protect Onu-Koro and its inhabitants. He had never faltered in his duty, never once wavered from the path he had chosen, even when he lost his way. Nor would he.His failure was great, his failure was undeniable. He had cost the village a father with his incompetence. He had cost the village a leader, when they needed him most. Even if no one else knew, he knew. He would not be able to make up for it even if he tried for a hundred life times.But he would try. He would never falter in his duty. And he would sure as Karzahni never fail in his duty again.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC- Sovos - Onu-Koro

The Onu-Matoran had traveled far across the islan, with a single minded determination. It had taken him longer than he had wished, for the Reaper was a hard man to track. The Reaper saw himself as a god, and often acted like it, disappearing into the shadows without a trace. The Reaper, of course, thought it impossible to track him. The shadows were his. What could stop him?

But Sovos knew better. Because there was only one true person who controlled the darkness, who could fade away without any trace. Only one true person who was the master of the shadows.

Him.

Onu-Koro was full of them.

He crouched atop a building, masked in his shadows, invisible to others. But his two eyes remained fixed on the Reaper and the two beings The Reaper was talking to. Sovos had found his target at last- a great threat to his true god Mata-Nui.

A special throwing knife slid soundlessly out of its sheath, resting on his palm.

The matoran took a deep breath, and brought his arm back to a throwing position. Patience. He had to wait until The Reaper was distracted.

Then one of the beings, starting having a seizure. Sovos didn't know why- perhaps the being's mind was damaged. But he had no time to question it, because he had a duty to perform. He could not let down his God. The reaper was too threatening.

Sovos threw his dagger without hesitation.

The thin knife was coating in black paint, invisible- no shine of the light stones could give it away. This knife had been speically prepared by Sovos because he knew The Reaper was in control of iron- the knife was made of stone, stolen from a crafter in Po-Koro. Thus, it was undetectable by its target. Sulov's only regret was that it was not as masterfully carved as most of his other knifes, and thus was not soundless as it moved through the air. It was, however, very, very fast, thrown with perfect accuracy.

Sovos could now do nothing but pray to Mata-Nui.

IC: Incinerator, Crystalia (Onu-Koro)

Incinerator sprinted towards the burning rubble of the destroyed inn. Incinerator approached the crystal dome that had protected his agent Crystalia from thew falling rubble. Summoning his mask of strength he unleashed a fist into the dome; shattering it from the raw power of the blow. He approached the female Toa bending down to pick up her mask before he placed it on her face.

He then slammed his fist into the crystal that was holding her to the wall a few times until it shattered as well.

Crystalia's yellow eyes snapped open and she looked around. "Oh heII," she said as she examined the destroyed in. "They all escaped didn't they?" she mused as as she rolled her shoulders. "The Toa of Crystal spared me... why?"

"We have their leader, number 218." Incinerator said as he motioned to the crimsoned armored Toa that was draped over his massive armored shoulder.

"We don't have time to waist, let us return to our base." Incinerator said. "Follow me number 12." he said to Crystalia as he moved towards the shadows.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC: Leli

A single Matoran sat on the corner of the street. Her emrald armor stuck out within a village of black and grey, the hue associated more with the polar opposite of the cavernous village of Onu-Koro. Leli was as far from the trees Le-Koro was nestled in as one could possibly get. But the distance from home only made it worse. Her arms were wrapped around her knees, hugging her legs close to her body. A slightly crumpled piece of parchment was held within her left hand, and she was rocking back and forth slightly. A small ussal, no bigger than her palm, scuttled around nearby, chirping every so often.

The normally light, care-free, and cheerful air that surrounded Leli was gone. Pushed away by a heavy aura of sadness, grief, but most of all, loss. Leli had sent a message via ussal to Le-Koro, informing the Force that she would be staying in Onu-Koro for a few more days. One didn't need to see her face to figure out that the news that she got back wasn't good. It wasn't good at all.

It was horrible.

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Apologies Draezeth, but this is something pre-planned. If you want Aar to show up after, then go ahead.

IC:

As Tarnok rounded a corner, his eyes were immediately drawn to an unusually colored being. For the village, at least. Le-Matoran were rarely seen in Onu-Koro, most of them were too claustrophobic to journey into the tunnels.But what really drew his attention was that Leli, eternally optimistic Matoran that she was, was crying. He couldn't see her face, but the shake of her shoulder was unmistakable, even at this distance. He swiftly walked down the street, reaching his friend in a matter of moments."Leli, are you alright?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Leli

The liquid black eyes of the small ussal watched Tarnok as the Onu-Matoran came closer. Another chip came from it, and it's claws snapped together. The Le-Koroan it was crawling next to didn't move immediate. Her face was buried, shut out from the outside world, hiding from reality. Eventually, Leli just held out her hand, the note still held tightly in it's grasp, as if it were a lifeline. Leli didn't say anything, the note being able to explain it all. On thte back of the parchment was the Gukko

Force's symbol.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -