X-Ray

The essential premise of this topic is to discuss whatever happened to the actors, writers, and directors of the Bionicle original trilogy and Bionicle: The Legend Reborn. I figure that after more than ten years, it would be interesting to find out.

According to a certain database about movies which is on the internet, David Molina, the director of the original trilogy, was last recorded as working on "Roxy Hunter's Horrific Halloween" in 2008. Meanwhile, Alessandro Juliani, the voice of Toa Vakama, is still going strong, with roles in Smallville, Watchmen, Man of Steel (where he, ironically, played a Russian character), and other film and television roles. Much the same can be said of Lee Tockar, the voice of Makuta, Michael Dorn, the voice of Mata Nui in B:TLR, and Michael Dobson, who played Kopaka, Lhikan, and Hewkii.

Unfortunately, not all have been so lucky. In addition to David Molina's continued obscurity, Christopher Gaze (Turaga Vakama), Tabitha St. Germaine (Toa Nokama), and Jason Michas (Takua/Takanuva) remain all but unknown.

I invite all those persons out there who are willing to share what they know about the actors, writers, directors, etc. of these films, and please, tell us, where are they now?

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

Excuse me? Perhaps Tabitha St. Germain is unknown in some circles, but in addition to scores of other animated roles, she currently voices Rarity on the highly popular "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". In fact, a number of Bionicle movie voice actors appear on the show: Lee Tockar, Andrew Francis (voice of Jaller), Scott McNeil (Voice of Tahu), and many more. It seems you're limiting your scope of notoriety primarily to live-action roles, but if you try to find a large number of those on a direct-to-DVD animated movie, you're bound to be disappointed. The majority of actors for the Bionicle movies worked primarily as voice actors both before and after those movies were released, and many of them have long lists of credentials providing voices for cartoons, anime, and even video games.

Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with mentioning IMDB here anymore.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Excuse me? Perhaps Tabitha St. Germain is unknown in some circles, but in addition to scores of other animated roles, she currently voices Rarity on the highly popular "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". In fact, a number of Bionicle movie voice actors appear on the show: Lee Tockar, Andrew Francis (voice of Jaller), Scott McNeil (Voice of Tahu), and many more.

Lyichir's right, interesting how many of those actors ended up working on "My Little Pony" I think there's even a villain who is very similar to Roodaka and is also voiced by Kathleen Barr.

Apart from that I know Nathan Furst, the composer for BIONICLE's music on the original trilogy, worked as well on the movie: "Act of Valor" which is pretty awesome.

Excuse me? Perhaps Tabitha St. Germain is unknown in some circles, but in addition to scores of other animated roles, she currently voices Rarity on the highly popular "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". In fact, a number of Bionicle movie voice actors appear on the show: Lee Tockar, Andrew Francis (voice of Jaller), Scott McNeil (Voice of Tahu), and many more.

Lyichir's right, interesting how many of those actors ended up working on "My Little Pony" I think there's even a villain who is very similar to Roodaka and is also voiced by Kathleen Barr.

Apart from that I know Nathan Furst, the composer for BIONICLE's music on the original trilogy, worked as well on the movie: "Act of Valor" which is pretty awesome.

Yes, I'm afraid that I forgot about Nathan Furst. I love his music, both from the original trilogy and Act of Valor, which I hope to see soon. Apologies for being so cavalier in my dismissal of some of these actors. I should probably understand that IMDB has not all the answers.

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

Yeah, it's only to be expected that most of the voice actors remained in voice acting. That's their business, after all. The Legend Reborn had more actors with more live-action credits than some of the others, but a lot of its cast still specialized in voiceover work. Andrew Francis, Tabitha St. Germaine, Scott McNeil, Lee Tockar, Trevor Devall, Michael Dobson, and Kathleen Barr all have dozens of voiceover credits since the BIONICLE movies. Jason Michas (Takua) and Dale Wilson (Lewa) have fewer subsequent voiceover roles, at least credited roles, but that doesn't discount the possibility that they have been successful in less illustrious works like commercial voiceovers. Chiara Zanni has had a nice mix of voiceover and live-action roles since she played Hahli in BIONICLE: Mask of Light. And that's just picking from the first movie's cast.

The next two movies had their own share of talented voiceover artists such as Paul Dobson, Brian Drummond, Alessandro Juliani, and French Tickner. BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn had what could practically be considered an all-star cast, and from what I can tell none of them have quit acting since then.

Some of the actors from these movies have even gone on to act in other LEGO media like the Ninjago, Hero Factory, and LEGO Star Wars TV shows and specials.

Unfortunately, not all have been so lucky. In addition to David Molina's continued obscurity, Christopher Gaze (Turaga Vakama), Tabitha St. Germaine (Toa Nokama), and Jason Michas (Takua/Takanuva) remain all but unknown.

Shame, Christopher Gaze did a great job as Vakama. Sounded so old and wise.