• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Spinosaurus

dinosaur spinosaurus moc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Online Lucina

Lucina
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nobody suspects a thing

• 2,625 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2014 - 04:37 PM

topicimage.png

^Click to see the Flickr gallery^

Back when the furry BBC contest was going on, the entry I was working on was an anthropomorthized Baryonyx because dinosaurs are better than mammals but I never finished it because I couldnt build fitting legs.

Fast forward to now, when I'm bored and want to build something impressive and I remember how close I was to finishing something neat. I decided to revisit the idea, except this time, dropping the humanoid part and making the most impressive Bionicle-based dinosaur I can.

Originally, this was also intended to be a Baryonyx. However, when it came to the body, I found an interesting way to arrange a spine out of my red blade-like pieces so it became a Spinosaurus. Proportions aren't 100% accurate, especially the head, which is enormous, but I'm still pretty proud of it.

(also if I manage to get the money for shipping I might see about getting this guy on the convention circuit :o it pales in comparison to most of the usual brickfair stuff i guess but itd be nice to get him out there)

lucinabanner.png

#2 Offline Fabioman84

Fabioman84
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts

Posted Jan 15 2014 - 04:52 PM

I really liked the way you used the Hero-Factory launcher piece as a lower jaw, and as you said this thing is impressive

#3 Offline Torran

Torran
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 652 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2014 - 05:09 PM

It's very pretty to look at. From the tapering of the tail to the red stripe down the underbelly, this is a magnificent creation. It does well to be a dinosaur, I can definitely see it tromping around Mata Nui or other islands. :)

My only input would do with the gaps seen from the side, notably the two where the tail connects to the body, one right behind the front arms, and one in the neck. A few plates may prove to hide them a little better. Still, minor things!

tumafest.jpg

#4 Offline InnerRayg

InnerRayg
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Buttest of Dialers

• 12,846 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 22 2014 - 05:46 AM

Got dang yo that's pretty freaking sweet. The only thing killin it for me right now is the gap in the mouth when turned sideways, otherwise this dude's pretty grade A solid. Really enjoying the cool underbelly coloration blending into the upper body black.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users