What is this BIONICLE set?

polip

That wouldn't be a set - if I'm remembering correctly, it is a special box that was sent to retailers to encourage them to stock BIONICLE sets in their stores. Someone here sold one a few years ago, I think.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

yeah, I thought it could be something like that...there is no model ID or any other thing...and it seems exactly something you display in a shop....well, I guess that not being able to find additional info, I have my answer. Thank you very much for your help, Tazakk.

Yes, it comes off...it is just a container cap identical to the ones that were on the first bionicle capsules, but with a little screw to hold it in position. Anyway, if it was for promoting bionicles why did they put onua's mask on it??? I mean, when I was a child, I would have given my life for tahu's mask, not onua's...

Yes, it comes off...it is just a container cap identical to the ones that were on the first bionicle capsules, but with a little screw to hold it in position. Anyway, if it was for promoting bionicles why did they put onua's mask on it??? I mean, when I was a child, I would have given my life for tahu's mask, not onua's...

Maybe because the screw wasn't that noticeable on Onua's mask? It is possible that different retailers got different masks too.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Onua was promoted a bit more than Tahu back when BIONICLE first started. He had a bigger image than the rest of the Toa on the flyers that came with other LEGO sets in 2001, and I recall a few Wal-Mart store displays where Onua was the only Toa on the sign. I don't know exactly why they promoted him out of the other Toa, given how little story relevance he had later on and how he was pretty much no one's favorite Toa (except mine), but the point is Onua was kind of the bonkles poster boy back in the day.

Here's a news story from six years ago, with the same image.

From the article: "This is perhaps one of the rarest and most unique of Bionicle-related items that have surfaced on eBay, and as the seller notes it is not likely to ever appear again."

Whether or not that's still true is up for debate, seeing as the platinum Avohkii has made an appearance as of late.

Well, if LEGO sent these things to stores I don't think it is extremely rare as the article le says. The only things that could make it rare is the impossibility to find it anywhere,I think.On the other side,I think something like this would be nearly impossibile to sell,as so many ignore its existance...I mean,how can you even search for it on google? Even I came across it by chance

Onua was promoted a bit more than Tahu back when BIONICLE first started. He had a bigger image than the rest of the Toa on the flyers that came with other LEGO sets in 2001, and I recall a few Wal-Mart store displays where Onua was the only Toa on the sign. I don't know exactly why they promoted him out of the other Toa, given how little story relevance he had later on and how he was pretty much no one's favorite Toa (except mine), but the point is Onua was kind of the bonkles poster boy back in the day.

Come to think on it,it could be possibile...being at that time the bionicle something different from the other lego creations, Onua was the most peculiar of the six

Hmm. Never seen this before. Pretty awesome. I hadn't previously heard about Onua being promoted more than other Toa before. Perhaps that was something that got missed in the story bible that Greg got (sort of like Kapura's talent)?

100TH POST.

Also, don't celebrate your post number in your posts. It makes you look tacky.

Especially when you look back in a few years, once you have 5,000 posts.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I would totally buy this in a heartbeat. After all, this is a b/s/t thread :D

Song Of The Month: From Scythe to Sceptre - Be'Lakor

qs104307.jpg
qs104307.jpg
Hau and Kakama collected!
I accept PBZP Requests. Just PM Me the letter you want, and the details of what you'd like to see in the MOC.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y X Z
Red= Taken and in Progress, Blue = Open, Black = Finished

Thanks :D Anyway, I am sorry but it is not for sale at the moment. You know, I know it can sound stupid, but when I was a child, I was amazed by bionicles. I mean, everyone in this forum argues whether old or new bionicles are better. Personally I think that new bionicle might be even better articulated, better built etc etc....but the very first ones were simply amazing. Not because of the action figure itself, they were pretty simple, but the idea was extremely fascinating. Six "gods" of elements in a misterious island with exotic locations...simply wow!I thought that I spent half of my childhood imagination only to figure how this island could be like and who this robots could be. And every time I watch this box, I remember this. I could say it has become my anti-stress box. I know that I have grown up and maybe I could make some money with this, but bionicle have more a personal than an economical value to me. If I am gonna end up selling it however, you will be the first ones to know ;)

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...