Bionicle Hitman

Alex Humva

Starting the topic for Chuck Bartowski; he will post shortly with the game proper.

• Upvote 2

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

The current game is Hitman 3: Assassin Olympics, which you may find here.
BIONICLE HITMAN
THE PREMISE OF THE GAME
What is this game about?

The premise is simple. You are a Dark Hunter, trained in the classic art of assassination. Since the Odinan economy has fallen on hard times, the Shadowed One has found it necessary to downsize the Dark Hunters' operations, resulting in some necessary layoffs.

To determine who stays and who dies, the Shadowed One has organized a game of sorts. All of the assassins currently on his payroll must attempt to eliminate one another. The one assassin left alive at the end of the carnage gets to keep his or her job, and will receive a substantial pay raise.
Let the game begin.
PLAYING THE GAME
What do I do in this game?
In this game, you are attempting to assassinate other players. You do this by PMing me with the name of the player you are targeting. You have six weapons in your arsenal to choose from: a Knife, a Gun, Poison, an Explosive, a Sledgehammer, or Wire. In addition to your target's name, you will also PM me the weapon you will use in your assassination attempt.
You are not guaranteed a kill. Different assassins have different resistances and weaknesses against different weapons. When signing up for the game, you will PM me a list of all the weapons and correponding numerical values, like so:
Knife: 1
Gun: 2
Poison: 3
Explosive: 4
Sledgehammer: 5
Wire: 6
This is your profile. It tells me which weapons you are weak against and which weapons you are strong against. The lower the number, the weaker you are to that form of attack. For example, if someone targeted you with a Wire, I would roll a die. If I rolled a number lower than 6, you would survive. If someone targeted you with Poison, I would roll a die. If I rolled a number lower than 3, you would survive. If someone targeted you with a Knife, you would die instantly, as there is no number on a die lower than 1.
Rounds will take place roughly over 24-hour intervals. If you fail to send me the name of a target and a weapon of choice, you will take no action that round.
What happens when multiple people attack the same target?
I will calculate the assassination attempts chronologically. The first person to PM me that target's name will receive 'first dibs' on the assassination attempt. If he fails, the next person will get a shot, and so on.
What happens if the last two/three/etc. people all kill each other?
There can only be one survivor, so if the last few assassins all kill each other I will reroll.
SIGNING UP FOR THE GAME
What do I need to do to be able to play?
To sign up, state that you are signing up by posting in this topic, and then PM me the following list of weapons with corresponding numerical values 1-6. You choose which weapons you are resistant to and which weapons you are vulnerable to.
Knife:
Gun:
Poison:
Explosive:
Sledgehammer:
Wire:
PAYROLL
These are your fellow assassins. Eliminated targets are designated in red.
1. Punished Snake
2. Chro
3. Unit#phntk#1
4. Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons
5. Null.
6. Shadowhawk
7. Regenerated ShadowVezon
8. A VOX IN A BOX
9. Pupwa21
10. Norik of Gielinor
11. Pulsating Explosive
12. The Dapper Man
13. Aegon Targaryen
14. Freelancer Tex
RULES
What must I do and not do?
1. No changing targets. I will accept the first PM you send me, and will ignore any others you send in an attempt to switch your target.
2. No complaining about outcomes. I am not biased; I am genuinely just rolling a die. This game is a little bit of strategy with a whole lot of luck.
3. Have fun!
Edited by Chuck Bartowski
  • Upvote 2

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

This seems intriguing.. Sign me up.

Also i assume you can't say all sixes for each weapon right? Like is there a certain numerical value one can use?

Edited by A Vox in a Box

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Also i assume you can't say all sixes for each weapon right? Like is there a certain numerical value one can use?

Sorry if the guidelines were a little bit confusing. You must use the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 on the various weapons to insure fairness. Having multiple of any number would make the game unfair. This way, every assassin is on equal footing, but each has different resistances and weaknesses.

Sorry if the guidelines were a little bit confusing. You must use the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 on the various weapons to insure fairness. Having multiple of any number would make the game unfair. This way, every assassin is on equal footing, but each has different resistances and weaknesses.

Ah ok. That makes so much more sense. Pm will be to you shortly.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Registration is closed. The game is afoot. Here we go.

Round 1 commences now. PM me with the name of your target and your weapon of choice. And, due to my adjusted schedule, this round will last until Monday at 4:30pm rather than ending tomorrow at 4:30pm.

But, anyways... let the mayhem begin!

To the several of you who asked me via PM, yes you can simple reuse the same PM thread for your targets rather than sending multiple PMs. I would actually prefer that.

And with a little under an hour left, I'm still missing PMs from a few people. I can tell you all, though, it's been a bloody night, with six kills confirmed already.

Once 4:30pm rolls around, I will post a detailed list of all assassinations, as well as failed assassination attempts.

Edited by Chuck Bartowski

Note: If your assassination attempt wasn't recorded, it is probably because the person you targeted had already been murdered by someone else.

Last night the Shadowed One's grisly game of corporate downsizing began, with fourteen of his most skilled assassins gathering in Odina to prove their mettle.
Aegon Targaryen kicked off the carnage, using his powers of stealth and misdirection to sneak up behind ShadowVezon and strangle him with a wire.
After his cold-blooded killing of his former colleague. Aegon decided to pick up some donuts from a convenience store as a self-congratulatory reward for his murderous prowess. As he opened up his beloved box of Kanohi Kremes, he noticed strange machinery inside, and quickly threw the box away and it exploded mere moments later. From a distance, Pulsating Explosive shook his head, disappointed that his attempt to incinerate Aegon had failed.
Since he had both committed a murder and avoided one, Aegon was feeling very confident and decided to whistle a happy tune as he walked fearlessly down Odina's main street. His happy tune was cut short as his lungs were deflated by Shadowhawk's knife, which Shadowhawk had sneakily slipped between Aegon's ribs.
Shadowhawk, satisfied by the kill, took a victorious swig from the flask of bourbon he kept in his right pocket. Detecting an uncharacteristic hint of sweetness, he spat it out and threw away the bottle, supposing it had simply gone bad. Little did he know that he had narrowly avoided being poisoned by Freelancer Tex, who watched disappointedly from the shadows.
Feeling dejected that his skills of assassination were not as sharp as they had used to be, Freelancer Tex took his sorrows to the local saloon, where he ordered a keg of lager and a half-order of Tahtorak ribs. As he sat back in his chair, waiting for his food, he heard an electronic beeping coming from underneath him. He peered under his chair just in time to see a plastic explosive rigged to it. He dove out of harm's way just in time as his chair was reduced to a pile of fiery splinters. From a smoky corner of the saloon, Unit#phntk#1 shook his head in disgust, vowing to do better next time.
Tex, quite shaken by his brush with death, decided to leave the saloon prematurely. As he walked out of the saloon doors, he was immediately shot in the face six times by Punished Snake, who had been waiting for him underneath a cardboard box.
Punished Snake popped out from underneath his cardboard box, a look of grim satisfaction on his chiseled face. This look became grotesquely distorted when Chro walked up behind him and broke his throat with a wire.
Meanwhile, in another part of town, Norik of Gielinor was walking around, minding his own business, when suddenly his face met the business end of a sledgehammer that had been swung by Null. Norik's brain went flying through the back of his skull, up and over Odina's main square, and landed right in the eighteenth hole of a putt putt establishment over a mile away.
Null only had a moment to savor his miraculous shot before A Vox in a Box's cross-map throwing knife landed squarely in his eye.
Pupwa21, impressed by Null's shot, attempted to replicate it using his own sledgehammer and the Dapper Man's face. Unfortunately the Dapper Man had also witnessed Null's shot and had more than enough time to dodge Pupwa's swing.

Meanwhile, the rest of the assassins had gone to see an advance screening of "The LEGO Movie" at the local cinema and had quite forgotten that there was any type of game going on at all.
-------------------------------------------------------
tl;dr: ShadowVezon, Aegon Targaryen, Freelancer Tex, Punished Snake, Norik and Null have all been assassinated. Round 2 begins now and will end this Wednesday at 4:30pm.

My first mistake was having a Kryptonite Factor to Wire.

My second mistake was not realizing the PMs to be sent in were the murder ones, and not the weakness ones.

My third mistake... well, I didn't have a third.

EDIT: Oh, and Tex, it's just business. Business and vendetta.

Edited by Regenerated ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"