Favorite Band

nocturn701

So I always like knowing what people's favorite band is and their favorite song by that band. So I will post my own favorite bands and songs and by them, but after I want to hear from YOU!

Band Song

1st: Men Without Hats Unsatisfaction

2nd: The Beatles I am the walrus/hey bulldog

3rd: They Might Be Giants which describes how your feeling

• Upvote 1

Alright, let's see

Dire Straits: If you haven't heard of them, what kind of music fan are you? I discovered Mark Knopfler before I discovered Dire Straits, and to this day Knopfler remains my absolute favorite all-around musician. But since we're talking about bands here, my favorite band is easily the original vehicle for Mark Knopfler's songs, the incredibly successful and talented 80s rock group Dire Straits.

Favorite Dire Straits Song: Oooh, that's a really tough one, they just have so many marvelous songs: Sultans of Swing, Walk of Life, Tunnel of Love, Brothers in Arms etc. etc.

But if I had to choose one then I'd have to go with Money for Nothing, mainly for blaring guitar and the "I want my emteeveeee"

I obviously can't share this, given that the lyrics contain one instance of "indecent" language.

The Proclaimers: Yes, this is indeed the Scottish Folk duo behind "I'm gonna be (500 miles)" and "I'm on my way", but they're actually a legitimately talented band with a great, unique sound and a delightful brouge that I personally rather enjoy.

Favorite Proclaimers Song: Also really hard to choose, but if I had to pick one, that'd have to be "Throw the 'R' Away"

It's not a particularly deep or meaningful song, but it just puts a big smile on my face whenever I hear it.

Hellbillies: These guys are a norwegian Country Rock group, and I grew up with them, so I've been listening to them for a long time. The Norwegian music scene on the whole is not much to speak of, but it's nice to know that at least these guys are still around, and are still trucking after over two decades of making music.

Favorite Hellbillies Song: This has to be the easiest decision I've ever made:

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

• 2 weeks later...

Queens Of The Stone Age - can't pick a favorite, but Songs For The Deaf, the self-titled debut, and Era Vulgaris are my favorite albums

Deftones - again, I can't pick a favorite, but Around The Fur, White Pony, and their 2003 self-titled album are my favorite albums

The Gaslight Anthem - All of their albums pre-Handwritten are on the same level, but favorite song is tied between High Lonesome and We're Getting A Divorce, You Keep The Diner. and also Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?

one more thing, Around The Fur may be THE perfect album. production is amazing, songs are all amazing, overall sound of the band is amazing

only in dreams.

Linkin Park, favorite song "Numb."

Daft Punk, favorite song "Derezzed."

I love the song "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," but nothing else from Green Day really hits me as much.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Daft Punk and The Glitch Mob, currently.

Favorite Daft Punk song is Digital Love. Favorite Glitch Mob song is We Can Make The World Stop, but We Swarm is also pretty cool.

I have a bunch of other favorite songs, like Me and You by Nero or Witchcraft by Pendulum, but I wouldn't say the bands overall are my favorite. Except maybe Pendulum, they're pretty cool.

e: okay, thinking about it, it's really more accurate to say that my current favorite bands are Daft Punk, The Glitch Mob, Pendulum, and Celldweller. Witchcraft is my favorite from Pendulum, and ShutEmDown is my favorite from Celldweller.

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

Alright, here's my top 3 favorite bands with my favorite songs included.

1. Anberlin - True Faith (This is my jam! There's just something that makes it sound so good!)

2. Rise Against - Satellite (This is their best song in my opinion. It's amazing. Period.)

3. Three Days Grace - N/A (I love a good deal of their songs. I just can't pick a favorite! Even if I did tell my favorite, it has a bad word... Let's just stick to Never Too Late as my favorite.)

The honorable mention is The All-American Reject - Top of the World. They have some good, memorable songs, but a lot of the other songs seemed boring to me, so if you share my musical tastes, you end up in a small bubble of some good Rejects songs while you're surrounded by the ones you don't really like. I'm not saying the band is bad (they deserve a little more credit), but sometimes, they just don't appeal to me.

mindeth the cobwebs

wouldn't the official music topic cover this kind of discussion? eh whatever

I can't pick favorite songs but here are a small number of favorite bands and albums. I like a ton more bands than this but I tried to narrow it down to the 7 that have remained consistent top favorites over the years. might expand it to 10 at a later date if I feel like it. bands are loosely ranked (they shuffle around a lot), top 3 favorite albums by each are ranked.

The Cure

Disintegration, the fourth album idk if I can say the name of, The Head on the Door

Dead Kennedys

Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables, Plastic Surgery Disasters, Frankenchrist

Katatonia

The Great Cold Distance, Viva Emptiness, Last Fair Deal Gone Down

The Agony Scene

their three albums in chronological order is my ranking

Machinae Supremacy

A View from the End of the World, Redeemer, Rise of a Digital Nation

The Smashing Pumpkins

Siamese Dream, Gish, Pisces Iscariot (I know the last one is technically a compilation but it's sooo good)

In Flames

The Jester Race, Come Clarity, Colony

Edited by Ryuujin

Here's mine.

1. Anberlin - Feel Good Drag. It's a great song that I jam to.

2. Rise Against - Re-Education (Through Labor) Probably the best song they made.

3. Breaking Benjamin - Fade Away. It's a sad song but it has a good guitar solo in it.

4. Skillet - Whispers in the Dark - My favorite song they made before Monster

5. Red - Faceless. Cause I feel like that some times

6 Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Face Down. I remember jamming to it when it was featured in MX vs. ATV Untamed.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Larry and His Flask: "Pandemonium" is my personal favorite, but then, I've only ever heard tracks from By The Lamplight.

I love the movie starship troopers, and that drawing thing you did was hilarious!

I found it on the internet -_-

There's also Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and OutKast. And many other good songs from bands I'm not too familiar with.

Morally unambiguous.

Okay well, it makes sense for me to post my songs to soo......

#1 Men without hats- unsatisfaction

#2 the Beatles-hey Bulldog

#3 They might be giants- which describes how your feeling

Edited by nocturn701

Daft Punk has been my obsession for years. Favorite song would be either Da Funk (from Homework) or Prime Time of Your Life/Brainwasher/Rollin' and Scratchin'/Alive (from Alive 2007).

Also Chemical Brothers, favorite song would be Container Park (from the HANNA soundtrack).

And Metallica, favorite song is Call of Ktulu (S&M version).

Edited by Shadow Kurahk

My top 5 bands and my favorites by them:

Band: Song:

Oasis All Around The World, D'You Know What I Mean, Columbia, Some Might Say, Champagne Supernova

The Beatles Hey Jude, She Said She Said, A Day In The Life

Pink Floyd The entire Dark Side of the Moon album, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Comfortably Numb

Sam Roberts The entire Chemical City album, Where Have All The Good People Gone?, We're All In This Together

Matthew Good Near Fantastica, Giant, Double Life, Champions of Nothing, Empty's Theme Park,

My comics: Kazi's Comics 3.0

My music: T-MG Music

"And now for something completely different."

-- Monty Python

I hope solo artists count too...

Taylor Swift - "Mine" "You Belong with Me" "I Knew you Were Trouble"

Krystal Meyers - "In your Hands" "Feel so RIght"

Avril Lavigne - "I Love You" "Everybody Hurts"

Britt Nicole - "Gold" "Headphones"

Kacey Musgraves - "Silver Lining" "Stupid"

The Band Perry - "If I Die Young" "Done"

Chvrches - "The Mother We Share" "Night Sky" "Gun"

The songs might change and the bottom three artists might come and go, but I think this list is pretty accurate.

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg