• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Caveat Scriptor Voting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Caveat Scriptor Poll (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these LEGO Movie comedies was your favorite?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,082 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 19 2014 - 12:05 PM

The one, the only - the Caveat Scriptor poll! Please read over all the entries, and then pick the one that clicked best for you. Since this is the only poll for this contest, voting will run until January 23rd, 11:59 P.M. EST.

1. The Lego Movie: Primetime Pitch
2. The LEGO Movie: Seperate Worlds
3. Scene 24: Johnny Thunder Blows This Taco Stand
4. The LEGO Movie: Dangerous Detour

#2 Offline PeabodySam

PeabodySam
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 03-September 04
  • 5,047 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2014 - 08:36 PM

I'm sure that it's all too tempting to vote for your own entry.  But instead, like a gentleman, I cast my vote for one of the other contenders: Dangerous Detour by Master Inika.

It's short and simple, but behind its appearance lies a rather clever and amusing read.  Well-constructed as a story; at first, I thought that the opening with Emmet in the uncomfortable bed seemed out-of-place and tacked-on, and I was pleasantly surprised to see it tied into the plot later on.  I also enjoyed the humorous wordplay with "Doom" and "Little Dainty", and overall its writing and dialogue seemed to fit the style of The LEGO Movie.

Best of luck to all the contestants!

awebanner.png
Calcite Copter VS Cybernetic Rock Monster - The Coming of the Toa - Cursed Form - Dino Attack Headquarters - First Assignment - Five Years Too Many - Hate and Vengeance - Lost and Found and Lost Again - Majhost Gallery - Scene 24: Johnny Thunder Blows This Taco Stand - Vakama's Secret
"It's all right, children. Life is made up of meetings and partings. That is the way of it. I am sure that we shall never forget Tiny Tim, or this first parting that there was among us." - Bob Cratchit
qs25896.jpg
qs25896.jpg

#3 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 07-October 07
  • 4,600 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 19 2014 - 11:36 PM

I'm sure that it's all too tempting to vote for your own entry.  But instead, like a gentleman, I cast my vote for one of the other contenders: Dangerous Detour by Master Inika.

It's short and simple, but behind its appearance lies a rather clever and amusing read.  Well-constructed as a story; at first, I thought that the opening with Emmet in the uncomfortable bed seemed out-of-place and tacked-on, and I was pleasantly surprised to see it tied into the plot later on.  I also enjoyed the humorous wordplay with "Doom" and "Little Dainty", and overall its writing and dialogue seemed to fit the style of The LEGO Movie.

Best of luck to all the contestants!

Thanks, that's awesome of you. I feel kind of bad about voting for myself now. I enjoyed yours and the other entries very much as well. :) Good luck to all!

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

unseen_light_banner.jpg

Click here for my other stories!

#4 Offline lenaissocal

lenaissocal
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 19-January 14
  • 1 posts

Posted Jan 20 2014 - 12:23 AM

Entry 4 seemed the most entertaining to read and self reliant of all the stories. Its originality is easy to detect and the author seems to utilize his/her own unique writing style.

#5 Offline Torran

Torran
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 22-April 07
  • 668 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 20 2014 - 03:50 AM

Enjoyed Dangerous Detour the most, went with that. The bit with Vader at the end, I could hear Business' voice so clearly with those lines. Well constructed.

tumafest.jpg

#6 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 07-October 07
  • 4,600 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2014 - 02:30 PM

Hey, the top of the poll says 18 members have voted, but the votes only add up to 17.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

unseen_light_banner.jpg

Click here for my other stories!

#7 Online CHRIS PRATT

CHRIS PRATT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Storyteller

• 22-December 08
  • 4,753 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 22 2014 - 03:57 PM

Voted #3 awhile back. It was the most interesting.

b3_chapter_1.jpg

#8 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,082 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 22 2014 - 05:27 PM

Hey, the top of the poll says 18 members have voted, but the votes only add up to 17.

My guess would be that if someone null voted to see the results, the board software still counts that.

About a day to go, folks! Thanks to everyone who's voted already. :)

EDIT: And that's a wrap! ...Is what I'd like to say, but it turns out we've got a tie. Incoming tiebreaker poll...!

Edited by GSR, Jan 24 2014 - 12:13 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users