okami_menu_small.png

Ōkami is an adventure game released by Capcom for Playstation 2 in 2006 (and ported to Wii in 2008). The game's art direction, story and setting are inspired heavily by Japanese culture and folklore. Since its release, it has earned many press awards and has a strong fan following.Has anyone else here played it? I own the game on Wii and I love it. <3Oh yeah and there's a sequel on DS now, Ōkamiden. Discuss that too if you like.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Normally I'm pretty unfazed by movies and video games, especially video games. This is literally the most beautiful game I have played and honestly I would play it again and again give the chance. It was adorable, hilarious, awesome, and I cried at one point. No game has ever done that. This is definitely a favorite in my book.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Don't consider. Just get it. It's one of the best games ever.

LISTEN TO KOTHRA. HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH. Though I do think there's some things to consider before buying. One, do you like the adventure genre in general? Two, do you own a PS2, a Wii, or both? You might like one version over the other.

Normally I'm pretty unfazed by movies and video games, especially video games. This is literally the most beautiful game I have played and honestly I would play it again and again give the chance. It was adorable, hilarious, awesome, and I cried at one point. No game has ever done that. This is definitely a favorite in my book.

I was also quite surprised at how moving the game was. I found myself either laughing or tearing up through most of the game. Very good storytelling. Also since you're a Homestuck fan, I think you might like this. :3

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

What part specifically? It seems that every part where Shiranui appeared was emotional :P

I think the part at the end where Amaterasu became Shiranui again did it for me. My god, that whole scene with Issun was emotional enough on its own, and then seeing Amaterasu fully revived and kicking butt was amazing. Now that's how you do a climax right.

Also, Okami White Light Majesty (Shiranui's theme) is amazing.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Well this one:

When Shiranui took the hit for Amaterasu in the mountain level. Basically yeah, anything involving Shiranui will reduce you to tears.

This is that one game, that you can say beyond a shadow of a doubt, it a work of art.

Ah yes, that scene was sad too. D: It really needed to happen though, since it helped Okikurmi's character develop and solved the weird time @#!$ caused by the Spirit Gate.

Haven't played Okami, but I have Okamiden.

How is that? I'm strongly considering getting it. The demo on the Nintendo channel was fun, and I noticed that they really improved the combat system. (No more annoying combo timing!)

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

That Water Dragon was the single most terrifying thing in a game. Get out of the Ghost Ship which was sort of scary, but then that thing pops and I felt like "I have never felt a fear like this, ever." It was also another sad part, this game heaps on the tragedy.

The Water Dragon never scared me much. I learned some lily pad conservation tricks early on, so escaping him was easy.

But then having to go inside the dragon's body and put him out of his misery, only to find later that he was the Dragonian king? Saaaad. ;-;

I will probably buy it; it's only $14.99 new on Amazon. I will probably finish Metroid Prime 3 before playing it though. -Canama

Yeah, the sale prices are quite amazing. Many good games have astronomical prices on Amazon, but Ōkami was surprisingly inexpensive. I guess the demand for it has always been relatively low. Not that I'm complaining though. That price is an absolute steal. Go buy it buddy. :3

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, the scariest part of the game for me was the Sunken Ship. Giant faces of past bosses suddenly appearing on the screen freaked me out.

How is that? I'm strongly considering getting it. The demo on the Nintendo channel was fun, and I noticed that they really improved the combat system. (No more annoying combo timing!)

It's a very good/great game. It isn't in the same category as Okami, but that's mainly due to the fact that it's a DS game, and therefore a lot less to do in terms of places to visit and sidequests to accomplish. The other main fault of the game is that there isn't all that much new from Okami. There's a couple new techniques, but other than that you will recognize them all from the first Okami. Still, a very worthwhile adventure and one of the top games on the DS.-MT Edited by Toa Zehvor MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Thank youuuu Zehvor for saving the topic. :3I agree that the Sunken Ship was scary. I was literally screaming "GO AWAY GO AWAY" when Spider Queen attacked the screen. Absolutely terrifying. ._.Shame to hear about less content. I really loved the amount of things to do in the original (I still haven't done/found everything in the game), though Ōkamiden looks solid overall, definitely wanna grab it sometime.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty