Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

The Marines burst out laughing."No Xibre. Kote ra Ky'ram." Maya said. "It's Old Matoran. Translated directly it says Glory or Death.""It's the motto of the Marines." Hotu said turning her right arm so Xibre could get a good look at the Marine Corps insignia patch on her sleeve. On the lower part of the ships wheel between the pommels of the crossed blades it read Kote ra Ky'ram."No retreat, no surrender. We fight for glory or we die." Hotu said. "It is the motto we live by and the call used among the sisterhood that is the Ga-Koroan Marine Corps. Using it means you will always know who is your Sister-Marine among the chaos of battle or anytime really."

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

IC Nen and Thama:"One thing that's always bugged me even back when I was a matoran was why we even have an 'old matoran' language. I mean, why would we as a people randomly switch languages to a completely different one if we were the ones who were going to be using it? You'd think switching the dictionary would mess everything up," Thama interjected, teleporting over and around any of the rocks in her way.Nen climbed over a rock and continued walking. He was pretty sure Nala had disappeared from his shoulders again, which made him somewhat sad. But he was okay. If she's in the area than that means the pair of them should be nearby. In theory. Unless she's already halfway across the island. But she seemed to be going the same direction we were, so that's good to know, he thought, thinking about the blue blur from before. I can't wait to introduce everybody to them! Everybody's going to get along so well!

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

OOC: Ah, Mandalorian. I remember when I was about 1/100th fluent in the language. :P Kote ra Kyr'am. Did you get that from somewhere in the Star Wars E.U., or did you literally come up with that? And yes, Xemnas, it literally means something.IC-Lashev:Lashev, unlike most Ko-Matoran around him who were slowly walking to where they need to go, was running as fast as was possible for him towards the bar in town. He had finally gotten off work, so he wanted to get a drink, relax, and maybe meet some new people. Who knows, maybe some new, sociable Ga-Matoran was in the village. He might just get lucky tonight, haha! He checked his pockets for his bag of widgets, making sure he'd have enough money to buy himself and everybody else in there a round of drinks.And, just like always, he did. He stepped in the door of the bar, yelling out "Hello!" For everybody inside to hear.OOC: Ah, thanks Hubert.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Savina"Well, you see, when I lost control of my mask, I left my former home in Le-koro, and began to live in the jungle, that's where I've lived for....a really long time." She wasn't quite sure how long it had really been, she'd lost all track of time along ago. "I devoted myself to helping the rahi in anyway I can, removing infected masks, freeing them from traps set by hunters, and taking care of injured rahi. When I first met Grecko, he was leg was caught in such a trap. I freed him, tended to his wounds, and went on my way, but he followed me...so, I started to to take care of him. It's been that way ever since."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Ah, good old Mandalorian from the Traviss novels. I think I still have a translation table of all the proverbs in them somewhere on my PC.IC:"Aran abiik, aranar adate." Sisk spoke up from behind Kalama. "The unit I was assigned to back home had a motto too." the Le-Matoran explained quickly.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Savina"Well, I met them yesterday, in the jungle, I had fallen asleep behind a tree, and they happened to find me, first contact with someone besides a rahi in a long time for me. And...somehow, they convinced me to come here..." Savina just remembered why she was here, she'd almost forgotten. "T-that reminds me! Sou! I almost forgot about her. We were heading to the residence of Ambages, another friend I met around here went to that place. We were on our way there, till we crashed into your hut that is..."

OOC: Yeah.IC (Naru):It was cold outside, and Nary had no real idea of whom she was looking for. With only a small portion of her elemental energy recovered, she was now wasting it on keeping herself warm in the perpetual blizzard."MOOOVIIIIIK! Where are you? I need a medic for a small home visit! MOVIK!"She didn't get a reply from him, but eventually a Ko-Matoran walked silently over and poked her in the side."Hey!?""I am a doctor. Stop screaming, please. I thought you were hurt.""Oh. All right, good." Naru nodded. "We got a broken bone, I think. Can you help us with that?"The Ko-Matoran returned to his characteristic silence and simply nodded; extending his arm in a gesture to indicate that he wanted the Toa of Plasma to lead the way. She noticed that he was carrying a brown bag, similar to the ones most combat medics used the field. A minute later, the pair was at Zauk's hut. The Matoran adjusted his black Akaku slightly as he looked around the room. He saw that Savina was already somewhat patched up and turned to face her properly."You?" he asked simply.

IC (Naru):"Thank you," Naru said, wrapping the blanket around herself before she even took the coat off. Her element noticeable stayed on, causing her to glow faintly orange inside the shadows of the wrappings.Meanwhile, the Ko-Matoran wasted no time."Does this hurt?" he asked while poking Savina arm. There was a silent, though obviously painful, reaction from the Toa."Yes, yes it does," he muttered. "Broken, no doubt."As much as an Akaku could frown, he frowned."Already patched. Good call, though it may not be enough. Looks a bit hap-hazard. A fracture can grow like that. A break may grow unevenly unless shoved back into place."He rubbed the chin of his mask, before looking into Savina's eyes."That will hurt. A lot. Come with me to the hospital, I need a Toa with a functional Mask of Vision to examine your arm."

OOC: Yes actually. It's a literal direct translation as Maya said. I've been using Mandalorian as an Old Matoran substitute similar to our English and Latin based stuff.I manged to get the entire lexicon from Traviss's website dedicated to the translations before she trashed it after her fallout with LucasFilms following how the Mandiorian culture was twisted with the new Clone Wars Cartoon in season 3. It's why she quit writing the Imperial Commando series after the first few books.Ah, thanks Gravity, I haven't been writing from the computer with the lexicon and forgot where the apostrophe went.But enough of that.IC: Kalama had only been half paying attention to the discussion. His view was on a higher ledge where he saw something moving.A Ga-Matoran's head looked over the edge down at him. She waved."Kote ra Ky'ram!" she yelled down. "What unit you from?""Kalama's Raiders, 17th Ghekula!" He yelled back."Gunnery Sergent Utiff! 3rd Seaborn! You headed back?""Aye Gunny!""See you at home!" She rejoined the mass of Marines marching back above them."Better pick up the pace Com." Nuraka said.

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

OOC: Pity the Imperial Commando novels weren't continued. I really liked the characters.IC:Suddenly, a Gukko-cry resonanted from the icy ledges around them, making it hard to pinpoint the source for those not used to having to spot the Rahi within a split-second.Sisk however was used to it and was the first to find the Gukko in question, making a pass above them and disappearing behind the ledge where the Gunnery Sergeant had been just a moment ago. The Le-Matoran recognized the distinctive pattern on the wings and the bird's shape and he grinned as Skyscratcher reappeared a few seconds later, now approaching them slowly.The terrain made it impossible to land safely for the Gukko, so he instinctively just hovered, edging closer to where the group was. Sisk risked the few steps to get closer to his Rahi-friend. He knew what this was about, so reaching into the pouch at the side of the saddle it came as no surprise to him to find a note, sealed and marked with the Gukko-force insignia. By the quality, he knew it had to come from Kongu himself.The Matoran could feel his excitement growing as he opened the note. As it turned out, it was a two-part letter. The parchment on top was a letter from Leah. Sisk raised his eyebrows as he read it and a smile began to cross his face. Leah was the closest friend he had back in Le-Koro and it came as no surprise that she missed him. She also mentioned an increase in workload and boredom since his departure, but wished him luck for his new assignment,as well as Wind under your wings, a smile on your face and a star to navigate the skies.Sisk chuckled. Leah had always been a bit poetic. He carefully placed the first letter in his backpack, before opening the second note. This one was much more formal and much briefer. However, it turned his smile into a sly grin. Sisk padded Skyscratcher on the beak and whistled a quick succession of notes, an order for the bird, even though it would never be called that by any Gukko-force member. Skyscratcher banked right and took a small dive, before grabbing more sky, increasing his altitude until he disappeared over the next ridge.After he had gone, Sisk quickly made his way back to the rest of the group, catching up with the Marines. He walked up behind Kalama and audibly cleared his throat, note in hand. "Kalama, a second, please?" he asked.

"What's up?" Kalama said looked back over his shoulder at Sisk.

IC:The Le-Matoran straightened his back as he handed Kalama the formal not Skyscratcher had delivered a few minutes ago. Opening it, the commander read:To: Kalama, CommanderKalama's RaidersFrom: Kongu, Sky MarshalGukko Force High CommandSubject: Temporary Assignment of Staff Sergeant SiskThe request made by SSG Sisk has been granted. He is hereby assigned as a liason to the Ga-Koro Marines unit Kalama's Raiders, 17th Ghekula.He will serve there until his assignment is deemed completed by the commanding officer of the Marine unit or he is ordered back to Le-Koro by the Gukko Force High Command, unless the SSG requests to be relieved of his duties at an earlier point in time.Aran abiik, aranar adate.Kongu, Sky MarshalGukko Force High CommandWhen he had finished, he could see Sisk was looking at him. The Le-Matoran had his hand raised in salute. "Staff Sergeant Sisk. Reporting for duty, sir."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

IC (Naru):"There's usually not very many people in the hospital at once," Naru chimed in. "There are those who work there and then their patients, in separate rooms. You'll get your own room to be examined in, I'm sure. Besides, they all want to help you. Nothing to worry about."The Ko-Matoran nodded slowly, once, in agreement."I understand you are afraid of crowds, or perhaps strangers," he said. "Not the most common phobias, but we who are trained in medicine are aware of most. I know there is not much I can do to help it right now, but a good way of overcoming it is to travel with people you know well. Familiar presence takes the mind off fear of the unknown, which is the root of many different types of fear."He looked from Savina to Naru to Zauk and back to Savina again."I'm afraid I will have to insist on bringing you over there. We need the X-Ray, and I know that our only Akaku-user is quite busy today. A poor drift-hunter lost his flags and walked off the glacier without noticing. Horribly damaged. The technician will have time to see to you, but he won't have time to prepare for a home visit."

Edited by Katuko

OOC: We seem to have lost Lema and Kahuwa in all this. If they don't post, let's just leave them in the hut. :PIC: SavinaSavina put her head down in defeat, and nodded slowly. "O-okay. I'll go..."

Edited by Snelly

ooC: Apologies, I got really busy and didn't have time to answer your post.IC: MovikMovik thought he heard his name being called, but he decided not to, the Ga-Matoran in front of him came first. The being was clearly suffering from hypothermia or something. He was more looked the Avian in the eye. "I ask again, what's the problem and how did it occur, sir?" but even as he asked, Movik was vainly trying to lift the Ga-Matoran, unfortunately strength was not his strong suit, pardon the pun.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC-Lashev:Lashev stumbled out of the bar, definitely drunk. He weaved around the streets for a bit, managing to avoid any contact on his way home, and he ran into a large group of marines walking along the streets. At least, he assumed they were streets...the place was always covered in snow. Although, those buildings to the side didn't really look like buildings too much... Drunk as he was, he decided to try talking to a female in the group."'Ello there," he said jovially, "It seems I've run into a spot of trouble, would you care to help me out?" The marine women was about ready to punch him in the face, when a bluish-matoran pulled him out of the way.OOC: That's you, Xemnas, who saved me from humiliation and a broken nose. Thanks, by the way. xD

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

OOC: Considering how drunk you are Kal, I'd say you wandered quite a ways from Ko-Koro since Xibre is almost completely on the other side of the Wahi from Ko-Koro.IC: Tanuka shrugged in response to Thama's musings. "Gradual Language Evolution. Happens as more words are added to the dictionary. That and most of what we know of Old Matoran comes from writings from before Mata-Nui brought us to this paradise. Nobody remembers what it was like before we were brought here other than we used another language altogether than the one we're currently speaking. It's still Matoran but not the same Matoran we used before. Some words were replaced because they were lost with time and pronunciation of others has changed. It's almost as if we were rediscovering our culture all over again. Or maybe another culture entirely that we evolved from!""Alright teach! No need to get all-OOOMPH! HEY! WATCH IT PAL!" Nuraka snapped as she turned to bludgeon the Matoran who'd wandered into her. Xibre quickly pulled Nuraka away. The Midshipwoman snarled at Xibre pulling herself free before continuing to walk forward grumbling."Wow. This one wandered quite a ways." Hotu said before backing off quickly. "Phew! No wonder! He's got enough alcohol in him to blow out a wall if you lit him up!"

IC-Lashev:Lashev laughed at what the bluish matoran said to him, not really caring. "Hoy, mate," he said, "I'll do what a want, and be drunk wheres I want, agreed?" He hiccuped, then looked around him. Something just seemed off about where he was. "By the way," he started to ask, "Would anybody mind telling me specifically where we are?"

profiles i guess

"Ye bee almoast at the bordar ye daft lad. Mata-Nooie ye moost bee complatlay slooshed ye wandared theese far froom dey Koro." Yuni said. "Iz a woondar ye taint been ate yet."

IC-Lashev:Lashev turned at the somewhat Scottish-sounding matoran speaking to him. "Well, mate," he said, "Just because I'm drunk doesn't mean I can't bloody defend meself, ya know. And the border of which Wahi? If it's Ga-Wahi, I might just run off to try and find myself a nice lass to talk to." He replied, his accent much less pronounced than that of the Matoran he was speaking to. This guy must be a bloody highlander, he thought, thinking back to the old days, when he lived up in the mountains too. Ah, those were fun...not nearly as much whiskey, though."By the way," he asked, "Would anybody happen to know a quick way to sober up? I'd rather not fall on my face every few minutes. And my name is Lashev, thanks fer askin'."OOC: Scots there, Scots here, Scots everywhere! So, who else can replicate a Scottish, Irish, and a British accent in real life? I hope I'm not the only one in this thread who likes to do so, when speaking to his friends.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess