Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Toranmat fell over out of his seat, then choked on a bite he had. He choked more and more, until the piece flew out of his mouth and hit the waiter. "THIRTY?! MATA NUI, THAT'S A LOT OF SIBLING RIVALRY! YOUR PARENTS MUST HAVE REALLY LIKED TO--" He was cut off by the waiter hitting him in the face with a plate.The traveler decided he was long overdue for a wash. Then again, his whole mission had been a wash. Whoever he was after had disappeared as well. He went down to the Ga-Wahi border to get there, but then something caught his eye. Two beings outside, at a school-like place. He approached them. "Ey, eether of you know where I could be a-getting a job?" They seemed like beings who would know where to find an interesting job. OOC: There you go.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC (Tuanuku): Tuanuku pondered what the Matoran had told him. Not long ago when they had both been caught in a snowstorm, the ice had seemed very impermanent. The flurries of white had been in constant motion, making it almost impossible to find their way or distinguish one landmark from another. Here, however, under the protection of a glacier, the ice retained none of its anger. An air of peace covered the village and its sanctum, and he could well believe that it would never change.For all its tranquil atmosphere, however, it was freezing! While most of the other inhabitants didn't seem to mind, Tuanuku wholeheartedly agreed with Matakite's suggestion. "That would be most welcome" he replied. "Lead the way, my friend."

IC: MatakiteIt took only a short time to reach the inn. The building was much larger than Matakite had remembered, likely to accomodate all of the new Toa and other strange beings that had been arriving on the island. Inside, the main room was empty, save for a single Matoran who served as the caretaker of the place.He briefly explained to the caretaker that they didn't need a room, but only sought warmth for a small time until they could return to the Sanctum.The caretaker nodded. "Would you like something to eat, then?"Matakite was considerably confused by this question. Eat? He was unfamiliar with the term, as he (along with all the other Ko-Koronans) had survived all of the years until the Toa disappeared by absorbing energy from Rahi caught by hunters in the drifts. It had never occured to him that people might taking in energy by actually digesting a substance."I'm afraid I don't understand..." he trailed off. "Tuanuku, do you know what he is asking?" Edited by Tazakk

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

OOC: I hope you don't mind if I interact, Tazakk?IC (Voima, Ko-Koro Inn):Voima was walking out of the inn when he happened to see and hear a couple of beings talk about eating. They seemed confused."Eating means taking food and putting it into your mouth", Voima said loudly from the other side of the room. "Ya know, to get energy. Never heard of it?"There was more than a hint of teasing in his voice.

Ic: "Viable concerns," Ambages admitted. "But I think you misunderstood me. I don't mean to make a resort, I mean to improve on what you have already. There are fine establishments in Ga and Ta-Koro and people routinely patronize them. There is a very solid market for refined inns, Rhanus, but Ko-Koro doesn't have the stuff to match the demand people have. I want to cater to them and their wishes, and I know this would work out. I wouldn't be investing my money if I was convinced otherwise."Now, I know what you think. If I'm wealthy enough to fund a remodeling here, I'm more than able to make my own place to my own specifications. But I don't want to do that, because I know that would not be good for your business. I want to put Ko-Koro on the map without stepping on your feet. So what do you say? You and I, hand in hand, for a grander place than you can imagine, or do you want to be a sour coot and decline what is good?"

OOC: Oh man...have you ever thought about selling things EW? You'd be darn convincing ^^IC:Rhanus brow furrowed slightly as he let everything Ambages had said sink in. Then he smiled. "Well mr. Ambages, it would appear that you are correct." He refilled both their glasses. "I hope you understand that an offer that good presented in such an eager manner can lead to assumptions not beneficial to the image of the one making it. But I can see the benefits of a cooperation. And it would be my personal delight to offer future gusts the most curteous service we can provide...and with your help, that is now possible."The Ko-Matoran seemed to think aout something for a moment, stroking his chin. "Of course I require a written contract from you and I suppose I will have to go over the details at some point, but I believe we can discuss the technicalities another time, don't you think? Suffice to say, you have convinced me." He raised his glass slightly towards Amabages. "To a successful partnership."----------------------------The Vortixx sitting at the bar smiled amusedly at the exchange of introductions playing out before her. He had noticed her rather quickly. Not too surprising, as she was the only other Vortixx currently present in the establishment. But she had a feeling he was able to see through her pretended casualness quite clearly. Takes one to know one, she thought. The Marquise van Paikish, she saw, was a man who liked the comfort of privacy while taking his tea. And he also was a man of manners and class, quite uncommon these days. Unfortunately she could not say as much about the Toa that had struck up the conversation in the first place. At least, not compared to the male Vortixx.Lord Paikish resumed to write in a notebook of sort, clearly signaling those around him a lack of interest in conversation. So, he presented himself as a challenge. One that Kohra gladly accepted. Just that moment, the bartender returned, placing her new drink in front of her. She gave him a thankful nod. Cupping the glass around the bottom in her right, she elegantly slipped off the barstool and strolled over to the table the Toa and Vortixx were sitting at. She put on her best smile and softly cleared her throat."Excuse me," she addressed Lord Paikish, "but I could not help but notice your writing. I think I have not seen such a notebook before. A rather curious thing. Would you mind if I join you?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Ic: "Yes!" Ambages declared as he raised his glass and chimed it with Rhanus. Just as the other man placed the rim of his glass to his lips, Ambages inserted quickly, "I want fifty-one percent." Sip. Rhanus was already in the game; he accepted, informally of course but accepted nonetheless. If Rhanus felt insulted by this addition to the deal, it would be of no consequence to Ambages. Around him, in the crowd, were enough eyes and ears to destroy Rhanus' life at the matoran's command. Not assassins -- death would be useless -- but hecklers and politicians who would tear Rhanus' dignity apart using the information they had been supplied and were gathering even now. Ambages was good at his line of business, be he always needed an escape net in case he lost his touch with something.Of course, Rhanus had no idea. Nobody had an idea except for the employer himself. That's how it worked in Ambages' line of business: Secrecy was just as great a weapon as the knife.

IC:Rhanus hesitated for a splitsecond, but then proceeded to drink, in spite of his festive mood ruinined at an instant. Yet he maintained his composure. He had suspected Amabages would have some sort of angle, a way to buy him out. The De-Matoran had not disappointed. But Rhanus did not say as much. He was still the sole owner of the inn. He had made it into what is was, through hard work and being savvy in running a business..without throwing his morals over bord. And right now, at this time, that was his saving grace. Curtesy first. Always. he reminded himself. It was with that in mid when he said:"Please, Mr. Ambages. We are both reasonable men. Our little endeavour will take careful planning and there are quite a few arrangements to be made. Such details are best discussed at length when we are both rested, not after a long day of work."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: I hope you don't mind if I interact, Tazakk?IC (Voima, Ko-Koro Inn):Voima was walking out of the inn when he happened to see and hear a couple of beings talk about eating. They seemed confused."Eating means taking food and putting it into your mouth", Voima said loudly from the other side of the room. "Ya know, to get energy. Never heard of it?"There was more than a hint of teasing in his voice.

OOC: Sure, the more the merrier,come join the party. On a separate note (and slightly nit-pikky), the inn is far from empty. It has been stated that there is only one inn in Ko-koro, and right now everyone in sight is swarming to it because Friar Tuck just put a character in there.IC (Tuanuku): "Well, no, I haven't" Tuanuku admitted. Having only been alive for a few days, there were many things he had not seen, done or even heard of. "What is it like?" he asked curiously. He hobbled forward on his cruches to get a better look at the new being.

ppg2.png

Ooc: BTW, what is Rhanus? Species-wise.Ic: "I know what I want. I don't see much room for discussion at length, Rhanus." He took another sip, and continued to look gently at Rhanus. There was no malice, no sinful greed in his eyes. "The hesitation must be on your end, then. I've finished having a yacht meeting and hiked over the mountains twice today, and yet I welcome further business after all that. So tell me, what suddenly stops you from sharing my enthusiasm with this? Is your pride too great to admit a debt's price?"Around them, several trained eyes piqued at the two businessmen, appearing and then disappearing like the mouths of the fish in that little childish spinning fishing game.Rhanus was good. Ambages could honor the man's morals, but at the same time, he was eager to eat him up and claim his banner over the inn. For Rhanus, he was suddenly treading o thin ice. "Believe me, I don't want to take away what is yours. You'd still be operating the place and the business would still be yours to the public eye. And 49% is still a fairly large sum of the profits, wouldn't you agree?"

OOC: Sure, the more the merrier,come join the party. On a separate note (and slightly nit-pikky), the inn is far from empty. It has been stated that there is only one inn in Ko-koro, and right now everyone in sight is swarming to it because Friar Tuck just put a character in there.IC (Tuanuku): "Well, no, I haven't" Tuanuku admitted. Having only been alive for a few days, there were many things he had not seen, done or even heard of. "What is it like?" he asked curiously. He hobbled forward on his cruches to get a better look at the new being.

OOC: Oh, sorry about that. I really should've been keeping up with the other posts...IC: MatakiteMatakite hesitated a moment before approaching the Toa. Something felt wrong.He examined the Toa. He was a color that Matakite had not known Toa existed in. Perhaps that also meant he had different powers? Yes, that had to be it, that was likely why the Toa seemed odd to him.When Tuanuku asked the being what eating was like, Matakite nodded to indicate he was also curious and followed him towards the Toa.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

OOC: suave...ICWould you mind if I join you... Those words danced about in my head, something between a delightful jig and the death procession. So she found enough interest in him to come all the way over and make the first move. A male Vortixx garnering the rather singular attention of what appeared to be a powerful female.Either this was smashingly positive, or a bloody horrible senario.What was interesting was that she immediately addressed my book with interest. Unusual... curious. I put that aside for just a moment, for this was the first time I got a decent look at the dame, and an interesting look it was. Her colours were of odd arrangement, with her black body covered by dark-blue armor; all Vortixx wore black armour, no expections... well, except for this one apparently. She was very slender in appearance, almost to the point of "sickly", but with her purple eyes and graceful movements (not to mention curves) she still retained the simply dazzling attraction of a female Vortixx. The exception, however, was her left arm. Blimey, it was notrotious! It appeared transformed, its shape a sinewy, black appendage, almost as if it belonged to a long-dead being, its hand ending in black sharp claws; this sudden change in appearance began right around her left shoulder, apparently affecting her torso from the clavicle to the shoulder-blade as well. To top it off, these areas are of even stranger sight as they formed into the shape black feathers, almost oily in the way they reflect the light, by all accounts growing directly off her arm. From my observations it appeared to be some sort of strange type of glove, one that seemingly fused to her arm arm and merges seamlessly with the apparent rotten flesh. The evil in its design was blatently apparent, with what seemed like teeth growing out of the knuckles and more black feathers growing near the wrist.I was simultaneously appalled yet drawn in at the sight of her arm, the decent side refusing to have any contact with her, the scientifically curious and weaponizer side wanting a closer look. In the end I made a compromise. Setting the book down with a dignified air I set the quill on top of it before standing."Of course, M'lady, but only after you answer a poser of mine." I stepped aside and graciously offered her my seat, and to her credit she accepted, sashaying over and with a very alluring and ladylike air sat down with her own dignified grace, all the while still holding the glass between her two claws. She tilted her head and half-closed her eyes as I pushed her seat in, clearly enjoying the moment. I turned the closest table to me, tapping the matoran on the shoulder who had the largest chair."Pardon my rudeness ol' chap, but I am in dire need of your seating."Without another word I pulled the chair from under him, taking a new spot at the now slightly-crowded table, completely ignoring the slight fiasco behind me. Taking up my book I opened it once again, studying its contents. My eyes did not move up from the pages, but I began to speak anyways. "This is for both of you; please answer seperately. And I do ask that you be truthful, for the sake of the poser; you only hurt yourself when you lie you know."It was here that I began."You are traveling down an old dirt path in an Ussal-drawn cart when you happen upon a fork in the road. There in the fork you see three people: first, a dying, elderly turaga who if you do not get to the nearby village will surely die; second, your best friend of whom you have not seen in years; and third, the love of your life, your perfect match, one that you will never see again if you leave without her. There is, however, only room for one in your cart. So, the question remains: with whom will you take with you? The dying turaga, your best friend, or the perfect mate?"I smiled as paused. I loved a good poser, especially insightful ones. "Before you ask no, this is not a trick question, merely a gauge that I have created for myself. There is no right or wrong answer, just simply what you feel is right, so please, again, answer truthfully."

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: SoranI was about the man his drink when I was posed, an interesting question, to say the least. However if the man wished to create a difficult dilema for me, he was sorely mistaken. The friend, any friend I had once possessed were now long dead. Thus he was ruled out. Besides a real friend of mine would understand the obligation on my honor to help the Turaga. So that's one down. Number two, the love, even love could be perfect in this world, it was not for me. Ties would make we weak, and throw her in danger. Thus if I truly loved her, I'd let her go. It's the chivalrous thing to do. That left merely the Turaga, strange as it may sound coming from me, but absolutely true. And besides, I shamed the Matoran for their hypocrisy, their blatant disregard for their virtues, I could not make the same mistakes. However whether the Vortixx believed my words or not is an entirely different story. I had no idea what conclusions he had gleaned from me, or for that matter whether he would assume I'm some stereotypical 'good' guy due to my answer. I suppose the only way to find out, would be to answer, and wait for the rest.I began, "You wish me to speak truthfully, well l assure you that I am, however surprising my answer may seem. Whether or not you believe me is up to you. However of all your options, their is only one I can take the path of, and that is to help to the Turaga. However I am no Hero, or even a 'good guy', not even close." I then grinned, "So do you want your drink now?"

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC"I believe nothing my dear boy, only what I can observe." I said quietly, beginning a new entry on this 'Toa Soran'. Every little detail I penned down, including the answer he gave. I smiled to myself as I wrote, his words not surprising; it fit my initial observations swimmingly. To me every detail was a trasure trove of information, and already after a minute I knew more about him than he knew of all the collected beings in the bar. I wondered what it felt like to them, the lack of eye contact I displayed, nose in a book."The drink? Dash it all, I had nearly forgotten in all the excitement. Yes, please, if you don't mind." I shifted to my right slightly, giving a half-glance up. "Now, how will you answer, Miss... "I waved my hand and quill mindlessly in the air, knowing fully well I did not have her name but expecting it to arrive shortly. Details as it were, they were important to me.

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: SoranI smiled at the man's response, or rather what he did not do when he responded. Look at me. That simple act set him apart from nearly every other being on the island. Those beings, shamed as I am to admit it, even included myself. Truly he was an intriguing character, I had made the right move speaking to him first. Far wiser than any other option that had presented to me. As a waiter passed me, I tapped him on the shoulder, he spun around. "Hello there, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to request a drink for that good sir over there." I gestured towards Paikish, "If you may, please bring him the best Red Wine you have." Nonchalantly I dropped a few widget in his hand, to show that I could do business and that he really should bring out the best, "He's a lord you know, they don't settle for second rate wines." Or second rate service. The waiter turned and hurried to the kitchen, he intended to bring out the very best.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC - Dez - Inn"Do you understand how expensive that will be? But, I mean, for a lord, I guess..."Dez hurried off, shoving the widgets in his pocket (a tip, of course) and walked into the kitchen. The Toa had ordered red wine, he was sure. He opened the small ice box (oh, the useless of refusing to store it outside in a regular box) and grabbed a bottle of the best- most expensive -wine in the entire Koro. Well, that's what the label said. On his way out, he grabbed two glasses, one for each of the customers, and quickly made his way to the table."Here we are. The Seven Sins, best wine in the Koro."He placed the glasses on the small table and poured wine into each glass. The wine was a sour red color, slightly misty. It looked delightful, in short. Perfectly cubed ice floated just above the surface, giving it the cold, fresh taste which complimented it well. Easily the best wine in the Koro (according to the label.)

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Utu - Ko-WahiUtu pointed off into the distance, west ward. Further than Ko-Koro."I will lead you there. But they must not come with us," He looked at Reaver and Yuru, "Besides, we need somebody to wait in Ko-Koro in case Dorian or the others show up."Tank didn't look away."If Reaver and Yuru wait in Ko-Koro, we can meet them there again and go from there."IC: Tank - Ko-WahiTank looked back at Utu. He didn't trust Utu, especially when it was just the two of them alone. The idea that the Toa of ice might pull something worried Tank. He knew the Toa wasn't above it. But it wasn't like Yuru and Reaver were either, "No. They come with us."Utu shook his head, "I don't want them to see it."Tank sighed, but said nothing. Having Reaver and Yuru around might bring about revelations. More visions maybe.He looked at Yuru, "I'd rather the two of you come along. Sticking together is important at this point, but at this rate we aren't going anywhere. Can you two wait for us in Ko-Koro? An Inn or a bar?"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Voima, Ko-Koro Inn):Voima chuckled. "It's nothing unusual", he said. "You simply open your mouth, like you were about to say something, and put the nurtition inside. Sure, you could just absorb the energy, but actually digesting the food gives you additional energy and improves your muscles, for example. Biological components."Voima was just beginning to realize that Matakite and Tuanuku weren't joking. They really did not know how to eat. This fact both amused and intrigued Voima. He wondered what these guys were up and where they had come from."If you'd like to give it a try, I could buy you a couple of Bula berries", he said, hoping to dig deeper into the nature of these fellows.

IC (Tuanuku): "I think I'd like to try this 'eating' business" Tuanuku said curiously. "And my muscles could sure use some improving. What do you think, Matakite? Shall we give it a go?" The prospect of a new experience exited Tuanuku. Already he had found so many new things since meeting the Ko-matoran, and now here was one who knew even more of this strange island he was discovering.

ppg2.png

IC: Reaver'As you wish.' She uncharacteristically curtsied to Utu, and grabbed Yuru's arm. 'You heard the man, let's get moving.'As far as she was concerned, Utu had the right idea about the Mark Bearers. He could see that they were more powerful than anyone could imagine. Her blind faith in him was so strong, if Utu said 'jump', Reaver would say 'How high?'

Edited by Toa Zealokan

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: "Yep...one clumsy guy and a really unlucky captain. Dream team, eh?" The sarcasm was heavy. He laughed, though. "We'll manage, I guess."Dino tossed the pebble without warning, though he didn't think that would catch his opponent off guard. One dip through the air--a split second--a touch and a bounce, and the match had begun! Dino activated his mask and started sneaking around his opponent, crossing and charging his lightning blades in front of him, keeping them facing Rannin in case he was discovered. He kept a keen eye around him, so he wouldn't bump into things. In Ko-Koro, there wasn't much to give him a shadow, since the sun was blocked out even above ground. When he was behind Rannin, that would be the time to strike.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: MatakiteIt seemed like a good idea. If eating truly did provide more energy, it certainly couldn't be a bad thing, especially during these dangerous times on the island."Yes, I believe it would be good to try," he replied to Tuanuku. Then he turned to the Toa. "Bula berries, like you suggested, would be a good place to start, I think. Although I rarely left Ko-Koro in the days before the great changes on the island, I often heard of Matoran in other villages who would absord energy from the berries. If that is the case, perhaps it may be easier to eat them?"

Edited by Tazakk

IC: "Yep. Well, now that we've eaten, what should we do?"The former warrior quickly discharged twin blasts of lightning, sustained them for five seconds, and brought them in closer to Rannin's sides with a scissor motion in that process. His range was an asset in this fight, and he hoped it would continue to be.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: Dino laughed. "Toa of Iron, eh?" He backed up, using his agility and speed to keep a good distance. His oversized swords would shock his opponent if he used them to block, but he didn't want to take the chance of being hit with extreme strength. Especially with that Pakari on Rannin's face. That could be a Plan B.So what, then, of Plan A? He shot a lightning bolt upward, still backing up to keep a distance, and he had aimed in such a way for ice chunks to fall down on Rannin. And there was still Plan C...

Pk57sNJ.jpg

[iC: Rannin]Rannin smirked, and promptly swerved around, swinging his massive weapon with great force and agility, slamming into the chunks of ice and crushing them. The sword continued to arc, and slammed into the earth, which shook with the power behind the blow, digging a large channel within the dirt."Just getting started."

IC: Dino sent lightning through the ice, directing it only at Rannin. The ice cracked with it, and he hoped the lightning could get to the sword and electrocute his opponent. He got the lightning targeted onto the sword, as sparks jump from metal to metal, so that unless Rannin was extremely fast, at least part of the attack could strike. Of course, anything was possible.OOC: Last post for the night.

Pk57sNJ.jpg