Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC: Bravo everyone for writing such wonderful LONG posts... Gah... Let me bask in the joy of reading a good story just a little longer... Oh, no? Darn I guess it was all a dream...IC: Draeverian JoskiirHe stumbled through the streets, feet burned to a crisp, hands mangled, face a memento of personality shredded by time and misfortune. Screams eloped across the windswept earth, a barren wasteland where the tall buildings rose up threatening around him, like poachers on a small defenseless rahi. No matter the effort, he was rooted to this spot, this scene of horror, horror that curled the stomach, pulled bile from the deep well of his gut, spewing across the inside of his mask. Pain was his romantic companion, a beating and berating lover he could never escape. His arm snapped like a twig. His throat to strained to no longer shout in response, he rolled in the agony, feeling the wretchedness of the world, his body seemingly to fall into the very earth itself, the ground opening its maw...*THUMP.*"GAaa--" Draeverian groaned as he rubbed his head. "What the karz?" He was on the carpeted floor of his home, the heavy crackling of the fire reminding him of the time: cold and probably still night. Shaking his head, he grabbed ahold of the inset daybed and pulled himself up on to shaky legs. Time had elapsed since his return to home, but things felt different, as if altered by a dark presence. Whenever he'd close his eyes the dreams would afflict him, and always the cold feminine laugh of a being he new too well. His hands balled into fists as he sat on the bed, legs dangling a few inches from the ground, his knuckles turning white as he thought about his enemy.Drae, this has gone on too long. There's nothing you could have done. Go back to sleep. I can't if you don't, so please.Rivet, for once, I agree, but I just can't. She's got too much of a hold on this island. I helped Kohra kill all those innocent matoran because I wasn't toa enough to let her slit my throat back in Le-koro.Get over it Drae. I'm happy you're still alive.Shaking his head, he slipped back under the muaka pelts and fell back into a fitiful sleep.

OOC: I have to confess, I was actually really concerned about Ambages. EW has written such good arguments for him and made him such a suave negotiator, I've been chewing fingernails while coming up with a response that is equal in quality XD Btw. Rhanus is just your plain old Ko-Matoran, Rene, nothing special.IC:For the first time, it was the Ko-Matoran who reclined in his seat with a knowing smile. "My dear Ambages," Rhanus replied, "I assure you, my enthusiasm for your proposed idea is still going strong. And your willingness to do business after such a full day is remarkable and quite commendable. I am also rather willing to do further business, even during a hard day's work. After all, we are talking business right now, despite me having a full room of customers to service. And running this humble establishment is indeed something I take pride in."He raised the whiskey to his lips and took a longer sip, really letting the liquid caress his sense of taste, so he could explore the fine beverage in detail. It was well-aged and well worth its price indeed. He would have to order another bottle soon. All the while, he returned Amabages' look with an equally courteous expression."However, your proposal of 51% of ownership clearly leaves me with a slight disadvantage, even though I agree with you that the remaining 49% would be a rather nice sum indeed. Of course I do not doubt your intentions, but if I agreed to such terms with a signature on a written contract it would effectively make me your employee, a manager in the venue I built with my own hands. I am sure you can see where that might create a small conflict of interest that should indeed be discussed at length before signing any contract. It would be wise and I believe we would both be better off if we were to proceed in such manner."Rhanus broadened his smile. "You see, as it turns out, my dear Ambages, we both have something that is desirable to the other. I have an inn that is already quite profitable and which, if you were to buy yourself into it, would become even more so in the process; and you have the financial resources that would allow me to provide my guests with an even better service. Now, if we were to become truly equals in a joint effort, I would accept such a partnership with open arms. That way, we both gain something, without inconveniencing the other. You are a rather reasonable man, are you not? I am sure you can see the benefits. So, I propose a 50/50 percent split. Agree to it and you have a done deal."--------------------------"Now, how will you answer, Miss...""Kohra." she introduced herself. "Well, naturally I would pick the perfect mate." Kohra answered Lord Paikish's question, without any hesitation. It was the only option that personally benefitted her. The poser had clearly been aimed at more...well-adjusted people. Or what counted as well-adjusted in these times. But for Kohra the answer was straight-forward, even if it served no other purpose than to entertain the other Vortixx. There was nothing in this universe that could even remotely sway her to aid either Turaga, Matoran or Toa. The fewer their numbers, the better. These people needed to be reminded of their place. She also had a seedling of an idea on how to do that in this Koro.As for a best friend, she did not have such luxury. There was no-one in her life that was deserving of the title 'friend', much less 'best friend'. No, solitude worked just fine for her. At least, most of the time..., a stray thought crossed her mind. But a lover...a lover was worth saving. A lover she could gain from, emotionally and otherwise; and she could easily discard them afterwards. There were, after all, certain...benefits, to intimacy. And if someone was willing to let another being this close, it merely meant that a shorter knife was needed, should such drastic action become necessary.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: You know what? I don't like having to read all this super long posts...so to spite you all I'm gonna make a super long post. :)IC: Leon - Outside of Inn, Ko-koro -I opened my eyes slowly, despite the fact that the sky was covered in clouds, the brightness nearly blinded me. As my eyes got used to the light, I looked to my sides, I was lying on the...snow? Yes, it was snow, somehow I didn't feel too cold though, heat was radiating through my body with a faint aura, sorta like...plasma....why did that sound so familiar? After what seemed like an eternity I decided to try to sit up, immediately sharp, stinging pain came from somewhere on my body. I looked at my right arm, it had some deep gashes in it, the rest of my body seemed to be fairly bruised, with plenty of scratches and scrapes. What had happened to me? I couldn't remember, in fact...I couldn't remember anything...not even my name...Clutching my wounded arm, I stood up unsteadily, I got a better look at my surroundings, I appeared to be behind some sorta of Inn, hidden behind some sort of garbage disposal. It didn't smell particularly pleasant. Though the cold climate seemed to prevent any bugs from getting into the trash. I shook my head, that was hardly important right now, I needed to find help, not only was I wounded, I had no idea who I was. The Inn was right there, so I decided that was the best place to start...surely someone inside would be inclined to help a wounded...whatever I was. Oh, I'm a Toa, that's right...I took a step forward, nearly stumbling from the sudden pain from my left leg, apparently I had sprained it...or maybe even broken it...I really hoped not. I began to limp toward the entrance of the Inn. It seemed like forever, and it took so much effort, but I quite painfully made it to the entrance, I took a step inside. I looked at the now staring customers and employees, I took time to try to analyze their faces, maybe I knew someone there? Who knew? With memory loss it was hard to rule out anything...The two Vortixx stood out the most too me, probably because there were the only beings of their kind in the Inn. A Toa was talking to the two Vortixx, and nearby two matoran seemed to be discussing some sort of business deal. I decided to try to speak, I needed help from well, anyone willing. Instead of words though, I coughed up a little blood. That's not good...not good at all. I thought, then my vision began to blur, and grow darker. "H-help..." I managed to choke out as I collapsed onto the floor. Then all I saw was darkness. OOC: Yeah...I just sorta made him everyone's problem...trolololololol.

Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: MatakiteSo, this Toa, Voima, had control over the force of gravity? How strange. Matakite had lived on this island his entire life (or at least, so far as he recalled). Despite this, it had only taken a short time of being alone in the mountains for the island to change completely. It was a strange mix of familiar and unfamiliar that he still wondered at.He took a Bula Berry off of the plate. Removing his Kanohi to free his mouth, he was about to eat the berry when a Toa who had just entered collapsed with a strangled cry for help.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

IC (Tuanuku): Tuanuku watched intently as the berry neared Matakite's mouth, keen to take in every detail so thtahe wouldn't make a fool of himself when his turn came. The bright red orb looked firm and shiny beneath the Matoran's white fingers, and he wondered if it would be awkward having a hard lump sitting in his mounth while whatever was going to happen happened.He didn't get to watch the show, however, because a gold and silver being stumbled into the room, mumbled something and collapsed on the floor. The being was much larger than Matakite, but looked similar to Voima, save for his mask and colours. He supposed there was some connection between them. One more major difference, however, was that the golden being had gashes in his armour and bits of blood leaking out in some places. Most of the damage seemed consigned to one arm, however, as opposed to Tuanuku's injuries.Grabbing his crutches and struggling to his feet, he sent a lightning bolt of pain up his left leg when he put wait on it. He tried to ignore it however, and moved towards the stranger. "What happened to you?" he asked excitedly. "Did you meet the crabs too?"OOC: Hey Snelly, we should form a "beaten up with no idea" club. Tuanuku will join straight away! :P

ppg2.png

OOC: Carrying on the olympic writing torch here...OH, btw: does anyone want sketches of locations or buildings? I've started doodling some places and am happy to send the sketches to someone for finishing as I complete them. Look for some photos on the wiki eventually too. We need more art on that place. That said, back to hacking at my keyboard with trigger fingers.IC: Draeverian JoskiirThe dreams assaulted Draeverian yet again. Voices would resound in his mind, pain would inflict itself through his brain, but something new had occurred. Something he couldn't place. A dark presence unlike anything before and with no superior rose in the recesses of his active mind, giving birth to an unknown evil. Something pressed against the doors of his stronghold, battered through the tiniest cracks, and slipped knives from his very shadow. Draeverian clutched the bed frame he lay on in this twisted world, looking down from a dangerous height to the valley of lava far below, the heat searing him even from his current position. Looking up, he could see his bed was nothing more than a foot hole in the mountain, and so he climbed. His hands were desperate, his breath coming slowly and with great pain as the fumes and heat worked their way into his lungs. Still he climbed. He could not call for help as the lava steadily rose, encroaching upon his ironic safety with due diligence. The apex of the mountain was a barren waste, a small desert made into the size of a ring. There was no color here. It was his world after the sights were dimmed, the eyes wrenched from their sockets with hot bolts of electricity. There was no warmth here. The lava rose to flush, but did not flow upon the crown of the mountain top. Draeverian was safe. Panting, he forced himself further into the ring, closer to the middle down the ground that quickly morphed into descending stairs, forming a great ring into the arena of his mind. Down below he heard the clammer of stillness, smelled the bloodbath of peace, felt the darkness of light. Descending ever deeper the sounds faded until all at once they were shoved away, covered by a shroud through which no stimuli could pass. Draeverian was utterly alone. The sound returned, a mere whisper, a slithering pattern of language spoken by a thousand tongues in unison. There was no discernment. Hate and anger washed over him in waves as the words rolled across the forked tongues of their messengers. Draeverian could not reply. Words evaded his mind, save for the river he floated in, washing him towards the mouth of a cavern, out into the light of some unknown world. The fire cracked again as Draeverian rolled in his bed. If he had a pair of eyes, they would have been bloodshot with fright. Throwing the linens off his body her slipped out of bed and took an unsteady step into the firelight of his home. "I need to get out. Something's not right with me." His armor easily assembled, a few ties pulled, a buckle here or there, and Draeverian was out the door, Rivet sliding into her collar as he left. The fire, closed in its oven, chortled as the door locked behind. It was the keeper of this home in the ice. The flame shifted a little, twitched and yawned, as if a pensive rahi bored with its surroundings, and then anticlimactically sputtered out. Ko-wahi shared none of the heat of Draeverian's small insulated home in the ice. Frost quickly formed on the edges of the toa's armor as he trudged through the hidden fortress of seekers and seers, his sole focus a single destination. Since the influx of foreigners to the island, there was only one real place Draeverian could go to read in solitude. Tourists and matoran owned the relic by day, but the night gave birth to his learned musings. Drawing up to the buildings, he nodded peacefully at the two guards on duty. "I come seeking Destiny," Draeverian said respectfully, his head inclined towards the ground partly out of cold.A cold matoran of the region just yawned and muttered, "Yeah yeah, I know you. Get in, just don't rub your greasy hands over the whole thing tonight okay?""Thank you Komu." Draeverian replied as he passed by, quickly ascending the steps into the chamber. Draeverian could remember the colors, the splendor of this relic from before his sight was lost. In here, no one spoke, the only sound being the slight rustling of fabric and feet, or the occasionally tapping of a new prophecy being carved. It was midnight for sure, and the moon would be glancing through the holes in the domed roof, giving an unearthly splendor to the icy hall. Stepping forward with echoing strides in the darkness, he placed a hand on the wall, feeling the indention in the surface. In the time before time, Mata-nui... It was the legend of the six toa he read through the night, his palms tracing the letters of his kind with a fervor as each word resounded in him. Why did they fail? Have I failed them? What would Kopaka have done in the mines?

[iC: Rannin]Rannin's sword promptly thinned and lengthened, and he pointed the tip at the blast of lightning, which found itself being conducted through the steel length. It came to a stop as it passed the crossguard, the electric currents failing to conduct through the rubber grip of his weapon. The sword returned to its normal settings once more, and he charge forward with frightening speed, swinging the massive blade.

IC: So this Toa could redirect his lightning-based attacks at will...he would need a new strategy. He once again attempted to slow the charging Rannin by shooting lightning up into a cloud, then controlling and aiming a mini-storm at Rannin. He then blasted the ground with lightning to make snow and ice fly up like a smokescreen. Not a thick one, of course, but when you had an activated Volitak, no shadow, and plenty of smoke, you were probably invisible. Using the storm as a distraction, and the icy mist to render himself fully invisible, he got behind Rannin and slashed with a charged blade. His other blade was also charged, kept in reserve to block a strike. Charged, so that if he had to block, Rannin would be electrocuted with about a thousand volts.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC: The problem with doing so many things at once is that it's slow.[iC: Rannin]Except the other Toa would have found himself slashing at thin air, because in all the time that it took to do everything that had been listed in the above post, Rannin had already walked out of the dust cloud and was impatiently tapping his foot on the ground, waiting for his opponent to exit the cloud.

OOC: Argh. Right.IC: Instead of Dino exiting the cloud, a lightning bolt did. However, it was not an attack. Expecting the bolt to be redirected, Dino stabbed the ground and sent a bolt through it, having it burst out under Rannin. However, it spread as forked lightning does--into seven pieces. Six formed a cage around Rannin while only one went up at him. The thousand volts he planned to block with were channeled into that attack.OOC: Don't confuse that for many actions. Read it carefully, it's only two actions, but described in detail.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: SoranI shook my head as the other Toa stumbled in. Why did folks always have to interrupt. I'd much rather continue this conversation I was having with, well this interesting character. A gentlemanly Vortixx, who was always engrossed in a book. Well that was not something one saw everyday. Most people preferred the Sword over the pen. To see some one like Paikish was refreshing to say the least. Now I had to leave this conversation. Such a shame, but I could not ignore the other Toa. My personal code would be violated, after all there was no honor in leaving a being, friend or foe, to just die like that. I could not say what I had just said, and then violate it. It would make me no better than all those hypocritical Matoran. The ones that I despised so much. Sighing, I placed a hefty sum of widgets on the table. "For your drink," I explained to the Lord. "I'm afraid I must take my leave, there is the matter of assisting or guest that just wandered in. Can't just leave him lying there now can I. It was a pleasure speaking with you, and I hope with meet again." I then walked over to the Toa, and picked him up. "Come on buddy let's get you to a hospital." I then groaned inwardly as quite a few drops of his blood dripped onto my cloak. That thing was a pain to clean.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: Earth does not conduct electricity.[iC: Rannin]Rods of steel rose from the earth in each area where the bolts had emerged from, conducting the electricity into the ground, causing it to dissipate. For the last bolt, Rannin merely stabbed downwards, and watched the lightning shoot up his sword, only to stop once more at the rubber."I just love insulation."

OOC: It was more, breaking through the ground. Rahkshi style. (Remember those promo videos? He made the lightning basically do that.)IC: Clearly Rannin had great reflexes. Neither of them had been able to cause real damage so far...Dino's mind interpreted that as "he was losing", obviously. His lightning would only be effective in close combat, it seemed. He shot the ground, creating another cloud, activated his Volitak, and charged his blades with 1000 volts all at the same time. Following that, he charged, keeping his heavy breathing down so as to be fully undetectable to anyone not wearing an Akaku. A thrust of one blade, and another reserved for an electrified block...

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: Leon - Inn, Ko-koro -All was still darkness, I began to hear muffled voices however as I slowly came to, I felt myself being lifted from the ground, was someone carrying me? I slit my eyes open, moaning. I heard someone say, "What happened to you?" he asked excitedly. "Did you meet the crabs too?" I turned my head to face the being who spoke the words. "I-I don't know...I can't...remember...""Come on buddy let's get you to a hospital." The Toa now carrying me spoke, then he groaned as some blood got on his cloak. "T-thanks..." I said weakly, I was barely hanging on to consciousness.

Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: One blade had been blocked, but Dino highly doubted that Rannin's whole body was full of rubber. He slashed his other blade at Rannin's head, maintaining the electrification.OOC: I saw JL do the 1000 volt thing before...And wouldn't enough lightning also melt rubber? I doubt this is enough to melt either, though.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC: Does everyone have an addiction to 1000 volts? Just because the Japanese name for the Pokemon attack known as Thunderbolt is 10,000 volts.You have the lightning constantly in the blade. Rannin conducts it for a short time.[iC: Rannin]And Rannin promptly ducked, letting the blade slice through air."Tell me, why are you trying to kill me?"

IC: "Ah. I'm Dino. Don't mispronounce it." He retracted his blades. "You see, this is why I was a-reluctant to join ze guard. I get carried a-way in battle, ah?" He laughed. "Always with the lethal attacks." But then his smiling, cocky face turned dark. "That's one reason..why my teammates...disbanded. We were frowned upon for that." He managed to get a smile back up, though a weak one.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC: I'll be releasing the other old chars around the island gradually, ending with the strongest one. I still don't think I'm ready for that responsibility yet.IC: "But enough about me. What do you guys do? I mean, I'd tell you more, but then you probably wouldn't like me very much. The name of the group I was once with has become a cuss around here."

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: "Being a janitor...eet takes patience."OOC: I know that from experience. (Though I don't have a career in cleaning.)IC: "Well, I guess I'll join the Guard right here." Dino turned around, took a few steps, then turned back around, embarrassed. "Er, where a-do I do that?"

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC (Voima, Ko-Koro Inn):Voima frowned as a battered Toa entered the inn and collapsed, attracting the attention of Matakite, Tuanuku and someone called Soran.Voima walked over to the being, but said nothing. He decided to let Tuanuku and Soran take care of things.

OOC: Kohra, you Black Widow you... :P love itICWith a flourish I finished the entry on Toa Soran, my observations accurate and complete. As usual my profiling was a smashing success, his words and actions fitting perfectly, albeit unfortunetally, the label I had mentally placed on him the moment he introduced himself. As much as I would love to sit back and enjoy a spot of contemplation on the chap I had no such luxury, for now I was presented with a most unusual of situations.Kohra.I closed the book on my quill, leaving it as a bookmark for my eventual return. Taking the glass the Toa had so valiantly provided, I swirled the red liquid within, noting its fullness and viscosity. I leaned it up to my nose to waft in the smell, breathing deep to take in the complete experence. Only after this close expection (and the passing of the test) did I enjoy a singular sip, rolling the drops over my tongue as I closed my eyes, allowing the fermented pleasure to slip down my throat, taking singular pleasure of the warmth I felt as it went down.It was only the two of us. Alone. At a corner table. As odd as it may have seemed to most societies, I was the one at the disadvantage. A touch a fear mixed in with a healthy spoonful of intrigue. It wasn't what she said... I would expect no other answer from one such as herself, the greedy blighter.It was how she said it.So it was now that she received something most people didn't experience. I leaned back in my chair, raised my glas to my chest... and looked her directly in the eyes, holding that stare. It was so quick, so firm, so lacking the usual angle that most in her position would have said it... and without explanation. It was as if I had asked a stupid question. Granted, I had not met another one of my kind in over a millenia, but I remembered. Remembered everything. She was the sterotypical female - yet completely and utterly different. It was the same air, but with a different undercurrent. It was... unexplainable.Which is why she so intruiged me. Yet after that answer, seeing that I was indeed a viable male in a very limited pool... blimey."So... Kohra... what brought you to this little forsaken spit of rock they call civilization? It wouldn't have anything to do with that... arm of yours now, what what?"Seeing how it was now only the two of us I was comfortable enough to talk about the homeland without fear of being fully overheard.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

OOC: Miranda Lambert, "Over You" is perfect paired with this, for those music listeners out there.IC: Draeverian JoskiirThe ice was cold, his hand freezing after hours of sliding his left palm across the frigid solid water, feeling the indentions of matoran lettering in the wall of prophecy. A feeling of longing coursed from the letters through Draeverian's arm, rushing straight to the core of his heart. A sigh. "Where are we now, great toa?" Draeverian asked to the letters. A wall of information refused to answer. Shaking his hand to create some blood flow, Draeverian paused from his blind reading of Nuju's stories. Draeverian would never have the gall to place his hand on the wall of great prophecies -- what would happen if the letters began to melt? -- and remained on the edges of the building, reading small-time prophecies, legends, and weather forecasts. However, Draeverian in all his night readings could never not read the prophecy of the six. It was his creed, a tale of the brave toa who were destined to overthrow the shadow of the makuta, a shadow now plaguing Draeverian's dreams: Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Onua, Pohatu, and "Kopaka..."What's the big deal of a prophecy Drae? They just get lost in time or become unfulfilled. Destiny has no hold on this island.But we still have our unity, something that's grown since the passing of the six. And duty. We've all got our duties.What's yours then music-man?Draeverian raised his head towards the skyline, his face cut in the light between the moonbeams and the darkness of the hall. A small group of snowflakes fluttered through the cherubic zephyr around him, giving his right half the appearance of an angel emerging from the dark. "What is my duty?" He muttered, unsure of how to answer Rivet's mental probing. Back, immediately preceding his awakening by Turaga Nuju, Draeverian had felt different. Not special, no never special. No matter what Draeverian had done things never worked out. Music was his only real occupation, but sound was not such an appreciated discipline amongst the snowy peaks of Mt. Ihu. When the adventurous matoran Takua had traveled to Kini-nui and sent the signal for the six, Draeverian had been sullenly moving 100lb ice cubes to help in the village's defense. What good did that do, building a wall of snow and slush? The rahi just jumped over it. Kopaka had given him hope. For once rahi were afraid of the snowy village, and the cold savior never seemed to mind a following matoran, so long as Draeverian had kept his mouth shut. "My duty..."The arrival of morning was pronounced throughout the koro by the rising amount of snow crunched underfoot. Picking up the little ripples of walking, snow-bound matoran Draeverian wrapped the long thick scarf more tightly around his neck, pulled the pelted coat's sash a little firmer and rang out of the icy chamber, his footsteps sounding like a bell tolling the coming of a new herald. He whistled slightly as he stepped out into the sunlight. Ko-koro had been built to allow the light to reflect off the icy mountainsides around rather than take direct sunlight, and so the snow never melted but the light shown bright as normal for those who could see with their eyes. Draeverian's world was one of constant dark, peaked by warmer and cooler hours labeled as day or night. Komu, the easy sentry, gave Draeverian a slight bump on the toa's way out. "Come back 'rgain tomorrow if ye' need to.""Thanks Komu," Draeverian replied as he barely escaped tripping off the top of the steps, "Just don't be so physically jovial. I may be a toa, but I can't see.""Ah, that's what yer' mask is for. Don't try 'n kid me DJ."Draeverian just smiled and jumped the whole staircase, his feet crushing inches into the slushy powder of the streets. Rising up, he set off whistling a tune he'd heard Kopaka recite all those years ago. A song about travel. A song about solitude and the peace of self-exile. A song about love, about the drive of destined heroes. He moved steadily up-stream as the matoran scholars and ice-shapers passed by heading to work, breakfast, or some other business in the city proper. For now, Draeverian was content in his journey to his final destination. Even as he reached the pagoda, the worn stone shrine was calling to him, the wind whipping through the holes of Kopaka's suva in a perfect chord. It's amazing what we build for those no longer here, Draeverian mentioned to Rivet. No, it's amazing what we build in honor of those who helped us.Again, another smile played across Draeverian's face. Smiles seemed to be the mood of the day. However, the smile soon faded to a memory of sadness, Draeverian's inner eye reliving his time of protection behind the silver and white back of his all-seeing hero. His fists clenched in front, almost as if in a stance from some ancient art of battle. Against the bitter cold of the growing city steaming tears wrestled down the corners of Draeverian's mask. "My duty."Perhaps destiny has not forsaken this island after all, Rivet cooed.