Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC - Decaia - Ko-Koro Inn: "Hm..." Decaia thought for a moment. He wasn't sure about this arrangement; on the one hand, he detested traveling with others -- in his experience they tended to slow him down, and in a lot of cases their presence wasn't even useful, anyway. On the other hand, this larger being was much more powerful than most of the beings he had fought in the past, and if another group of vigilantes decided to try and stop him, either due to a new crime or because of his reputation, he could certainly use the help -- especially if he ran into another else who could match Water in combat. "All right; I'll let you tag along for now," he decided. "But be warned -- I'm a loner by nature. I don't care for other people; as soon as it benefits me to split from you... well, you can expect me to be gone. Got it?" In the deeper part of his heart, the Toa of Water had another reason for agreeing to this: He was drifting too far away from the expectations that had been set up for him all of those years ago. He needed to remind himself that he could still keep in tune with them. Even with the rose as a reminder... he wasn't sure if he was still who he thought he was...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Utu - Wall of History Utu struggled with the Toa on the ground. He was surprised at the being's strength. Utu was almost a full head taller than this being, and he was much more muscular too. Perhaps the box had some sort of effect on him. Unlikely. But on the other Toa? Only a little more likely than the first explanation. Utu considered activating the mark. There was enough turmoil to at least anger the people in the building, but there was no real fear. As far as the onlookers could see, there was little real violence occurring. No knives, no swords or weapons of any kind. So far nobody had gotten hurt. Sure Utu could probably pull out an ice dagger and stab the guy, but something was keeping him from doing so. Whatever, the fight was too evenly matched and Utu intended to change that. He closed his eyes, rolling them back. Upon opening them they were glowing a dark purple an indication his mark was active. He smiled a sadistic smile, looking right into the eyes of the Toa on top of him. Reaching out with the mark he tried to locate fear. Even just a little. And there it was. A smaller-than-average Matoran a little ways down the chamber. It wasn't much, but it was something. Utu kicked the Toa off of him a little higher than one would expect; into a table and rolled to his feet. OOC:I'd suggest you read up on the mark in Utu's profile. Link in signature.

Edited by MicroSnipe

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Zealokan, Payiges After the traumatising events of yesterday, the pair retired to their inn room. They woke early the next morning, and were preparing to leave for Ga-Wahi. As they were about to leave, Zealokan realised that Payiges wasn't behind him. He poked his head into the room, and saw Payiges on her knees on the floor, holding the 2 halves of her broken Kanohi. He crouched down next to her and put a hand on her shoulder. 'Don't worry, we will get it repaired, I promise you that.' She clutched the pieces to her chest and whimpered. 'We can't. All the energy was drain out of it when it was shattered. Even if it was repaired,' she said, unsuccessfully holding back tears, 'it wouldn't have any power. And, and what is a Toa without their Kanohi?' She lowered her head, trying to hide that she was crying. The Toa of Kinetics took the fragments of the mask, and held them next to each other, as if they were a whole Kanohi. 'Who says it needs power? I've heard about the sport they have on this island, Kohlii. The winners receive a Copper Kanohi, powerless, to be used as a trophy. And that's just what this mask is,' he declared, hold the 2 halves up in the air, 'a trophy.' She glanced around to him, confused. 'A trophy of what? My faliure to even keep a single mask intact?' He turned to her and smiled. 'No. It will be a trophy of victory. Of the victories you've had, and the victories you will have.' She had to smile at this. He gave the mask pieces back to the Toa of Lightning, who held them close to her heart. They went downstairs, where Payiges nicked a satchel from a vacent table, obviously accidentally left there by a previous customer. She placed the mask fragments into the satchel, and she and Zealokan stepped out into the cold weather of Ko-Wahi, beginning their journey to the wetlands of Ga-Wahi. OOC: Zealokan and Payiges to Ga-Wahi

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Mip followed the two down the trail. "The Ko-Matoran are actually successful scholars," he explained."How might you know that, Ta-Matoran?" Ghar-Knel said."Well, because my temple is just up this trail," Mip answered. "I think we're taking the back way in."Ghar-Knel looked down at the short Toa of Fire, opened his mouth as if he was going to say something, then turned back to the trail, muttering something to himself about strange islands with stranger people.

Solaris: Electric Sentinel: Fluidic Master Nuva. It's... ALL ADJECTIVES!

IC: Ghar-Knel was surprised. "Well, Vortixx like me had to come from somewhere," he said. "But, my boat fell apart a few Kio off the coast. I have no way to get off. I've been to stranger places, though."Mip only listened to a bit of what the rude assassin had to say. Soon enough, they were at the back doors of his temple, which had been crushed by an avalanche the day before. "Home sweet, quiet home," he sighed."Hey, Mip!" a nearby Ko-Matoran called. "You and your friends mind digging us outta here?""Where's your seer?" Ghar-Knel asked."I am him," the same Matoran said.​"Where is a Toa of Electricity named Solaris?" he asked."Well, I can only see what's on this mountain, and there's no one named Solaris here," the seer said.Ghar-Knel looked at the ruined temple and turned around. "We're leaving," he said, walking away."Wait!" Mip called, running after him. "You're heading up the mountain!""Exactly," Ghar-Knel said. "If I want to see the island, I need to get to the top of it. I hope Kahua isn't afraid of heights."

IC: Kahua was stunned. "Hey, help me dig this guy out first!" He formed some Iron Sand into a shovel and started digging. "This...isn't...easy! I told you, my body is only average!" He started digging really fast using his mask, but the toll on his muscles was exactly the same. "HELP ME OUT HERE!"

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: Ghar-Knel sighed, but began digging.Mip simply stood by, having next to no physical strength whatsoever. "Yeah. You dig that guy out, huh."Ghar-Knel scowled at Mip a moment, but continued digging. In time, the person was free.

IC: Matakite As the two climbed higher, the road steepened until they were faced with climbing a high cliff with only a narrow ledge winding up it to the top. Matakite began slowly following the path when he felt himself sliding backward- it seemed the path was coated in ice. Grabbing the cliff face for support, he inched his way back to the base of the cliff. "There is little chance you could scale this cliff with your wounds, and I doubt my ability as well," he said to Tuanuku. He considered the cliff a moment. Frozen and tall, it stretched as far as Matakite could see in either direction. There were no other visible paths. "We may have no choice but to travel along the base for a time. Shelter will be important to find by nightfall, before the cold sets in. Shall we go, or would you rather we trust our fate on this slope?"

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

IC: Mip shrugged. "I can't really lift any kind of shovel, I'm not good at digging, fighting, lifting, or any kind of physical work," he explained. "Sorry, but I'd just get your way."Ghar-Knel looked at the weakling up and down. "Well, let's head up the mountain, shall we?"

IC: Ghar-Knel decided not to argue and continued the trek up. After a good few hours of climbing, they got lost again."How do you get lost on a mountain?" Mip scolded. "All you have to do is go up and down."The Vortixx glared at Mip menacingly, raising a fist. Mip backed off rather quickly. After about fifteen minutes, they reached some sort of stone structure. "What is this place?" Ghar-Knel asked."It's one of the entrances to the Kini Nui," Mip answered. "We thought it was lost for years. Let me see the carvings."Ghar-Knel turned to Kahua as Mip ran to examine the markings on the statues. He sniffed the air. "Solaris is in there. I feel it."

IC: Kahua felt the statue all over. He put some Iron Sand all over and inside the statue, perfectly mapping its shape. "Here we go." He formed some Iron Sand into a key and put it into the statue's mouth. A trapdoor in front of the statue fell down,and snow poured in on top of the staircase that was revealed. "We'd better go in quickly, and close the door behind us. The blizzard will block the way we came in with snow after we're all in unless we block the snow with the door."

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC: Wow, I'm sorry that I haven't been on for a while Void: I had to go somewhere unexpectedly and wasn't able to get on... Again, sorry.IC: Divinex wasn't happy. He didn't like having sharp things up against his neck (as would anyone else.) He knocked Plagia's blade away with a quick burst of flame and went for Akinii's throat. Akinii tried to move away with his Kanohi Calix, but Divinex knew that trick and caught up to him easily. Divinex grabbed Akinii with an iron fist and smashed the Toa of Ice into the ground. Divinex then angrily started to punch Akinii repeatedly, unleashing his rage, frustration and hatred on the helpless Toa. OOC: I'm having a severe case of writers' block here: I'm not sure if I should have Divinex retreat to Ta-Koro or something, or whether to continue the fight: what do you think I should do?

OOC: It's all cool mandmboy! :biggrin: IC: Plagia Plagia ran forwards at Divinex, ready for a fight. He raised her right fist, channeling a small amount of electric power into it, before slamming it into the Toa's side. OOC: Hmmm, I guess it's up to you where Divinex heads. Yes, I know, not a very helpful answer, but that's the best I can give. -Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Matakite They set off along the cliff face. As the day dragged on, the light darkened and the snow picked up, but the cliff showed no sign of ending. Matakite quickly lost track of time, and began to lose himself in his thoughts. If the other villages were any indication, Ko-Koro would have changed greatly since he last visited. Matakite had rarely seen a snowstorm such as this one- he feared the Peace of Ko-Koro had been broken, allowing the anger of the mountain it was on to be unleashed. He stopped in mid-step, realizing he had just been wondering at the snowstorm around him, and yet he hadn't even consciously realized it had begun. The snow was so thick he couldn't see the cliff face beside him. Reaching out, he attempted to find it with his hand. Only empty air greeted him. "Tuanuku?" he called out behind him, realizing he couldn't see his companion. "We have reached the end of the cliff. It seems shelter is no longer an option. We must traverse the Drifts."

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

IC: At first, Tuanuku was fascinated by the falling snow, but as time dragged on, the cold slush got on his nerves. It all looked the same - he couldn't see where he was going and the clod that seeped into his limbs made his movements awkward, although Matakite seemed unaffected. As the snowstorm intensified, it became more and more difficult for Tuanuku to see the white matoran, and he began to lose sight of him for short periods. Then he dissappeared altogether. "Matakie!" he hollered "WHERE ARE YOU?"

ppg2.png

IC: Matakite Tuanuku didn't reply. This was not good. "Tuanuku?" he called out again. Still, there was no reply. He turned to retrace his steps when he realized he had no idea which direction he was facing. The cold was deepening, and even his resistance as a Ko-Matoran couldn't put up with it forever. It wasn't safe to simply stand there. He chose a direction and, hoping it was the right one, began trudging through the snow. He didn't know how long he walked. Sky and earth blurred together in a vortex of white. There was no direction. There was no space. There was nothing but an endless expanse of deathly cold. If he was doing this badly, Tuanuku would be ten times worse off. He needed to find him. But Tuanuku didn't exist in this world. Nothing existed in this world. Nothing but Matakite and the Void. He realized he had fallen into the snow, and already it threatened to bury him. He dizzily rose and made it a few more steps before he tripped over something. Before he lost consciousness he saw it was a body. It was not Tuanuku, however. It was a Toa. OOC: That's you, Tanma.

OOC: not exactly, but I can work with this.OOC: hooray for sub powersIC: The Toa's eyes opened, and she sprang to life. "Blasted Mahi stampede," she muttered, her voice cold and lifeless. There was something in her eyes, or rather, something missing. No passion, no emotion, only cold optics. They were the eyes of someone who had had been hollowed out, an entity who was now a shell, a creature of habit.The Toa spotted the Matoran, and her empty eyes narrowed. Slowly she got up, her hand on her blade's hilt. For a while she stared at the Matoran, waiting for him to move. Finally she turned away, and began to walk away.Yet as she walked off she slowed down. This Matoran probably had already seen her, if he survived more people would be coming to find her. And if he died here, people might come to reclaim his corpse. The Toa had no choice, she would have to rescue the Matoran.With a charge of her blade the Matoran flew to her, and with a flex of her hand he landed in her grasp. Without even blinking she dragged the Matakite off, his head plowing through the snow behind her.When Matakite awoke, he would find himself in a cavern of ice lit by a single lightstone. Although some dusty furniture filled the room, the chamber was mostly empty. As Matakite would try to move, he might find that his body was magnetized to some sort of board, stopping movement.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

OOC: Oh, I misinterpreted what you said you earlier. Sorry. :P IC: Matakite His awakening was slow and uneasy, drifting in and out of consciousness. Then he remembered what was happening. He opened his eyes, but quickly saw that he had somehow found shelter. Looking around, he found that he was in an icy cave. In one corner, he saw the Toa he had tripped over in the drifts. He realized this Toa must have saved his life. "I cannot thank you enough for saving me from the Drifts," he said. "However, I need to return. I have lost a friend in the ice, and I fear if I do not reach him soon, he will be overcome completely. Already, it may be too late." He tried to get up, but found he was unable to move. "I seem to be somehow caught on this board. Can you free me, or is this your doing?"

IC: The Toa's hand rested on the metal board, sparks dancing on her fingertips. "Electricity has its uses," she stated, her voice empty like the Drifts itself, "Electromagnetism is one of them. Tell me Matoran, what brings you to this land of death and nothing?" As she asked the Matoran about his motives her free hand twirled her blade. The sword was curved and bent into the shape of many strands of lightning, entwined into a strange static design.

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Matakite "This land is my home," Matakite replied, slowly, keeping an eye on the spinning blade. "I return to Ko-Koro to seek the counsel of Turaga Nuju. The island is in turmoil, and only he may be able to understand." Matakite stared at the blade for a long moment. A thing of destruction. But in the end, it had no meaning. "I cannot stop you from ending my life. If you feel you must do so I bid you do it now, or else free me. I must find Tuanuku, and time grows short."

IC: The Toa nodded, and slowed her blades movement, until it lay still. "You seek the Turaga of the Koro," she replied, her face a desert void of emotion, "You would not be the first generation to want to solve the Makuta problem, and you won't be the last. No, you won't be the last."The Toa withdrew her hand from the monolith, liberating Matakite from his prison. "You fail to comprehed the power of the Makuta," stated the Toa, "As have so many before you. You probably believe the worst he can do is kill you. But the Makuta can do things that would shred your mind into a puddle."

IC: Matakite He looked into the Toa's eyes, searching for some sign of emotion behind what she had said. There was nothing. "The Makuta is a threat to all on this island. If he cannot be stopped, he will bring Destruction upon us, leaving only the Void to remain. I am but one being, inconsequential in comparison to the entire population. If it is my Destiny to perish, or worse, to ensure The Makuta is abolished, then I accept it without reluctance. I will leave now to find Tuanuku. I will not bar you from joining me, though I doubt you wish to."

IC: The Toa turned away and replied, "Destiny? There is no such Rahi. The only destiny that exists is that as ong as life exists there will be pain, and as long as the island exists destruction will plague it. That cycle can't be broken, no matter what your foolish heroes might think. Even if the Makuta does fall, only more chaos will follow him. That is our destiny, to never change or escape this Karzahni." The Toa returned to her silence, not even bothering to turn and face Matakite. Finally she said, "Unity doesn't exist either, the island is just as divided as it was in the time of the Toa Mata. There is no bond between the people of this land, we all either take what we can get or lose it all and die. And duty is almost a myth, only in one Koro did it ever linger. And the Ta-Koro guard can't change the fate of this island to suffer for all eternity." If Matakite goes to find the exit, he would see that the only way out is a hole about seventy feet above the chasm floor, in the opposite side of the cavern. It would be a long and hard climb, if not impossible.

Edited by Tanma

IC: Matakite He paused long enough to hear the Toa's reply. When she had finished, he turned and replied, "I will respect your belief of Destiny, although I believe otherwise," he spoke at a quicker pace, needing to leave as quickly as possible. "As for Unity? You may not have been on the island before the Toa vanished, but I can attest to the Unity that did exist, at least in Ko-Koro. We are a silent people, but we all knew the same goal of achieving Peace, and in this we were united. Many have lost sight of their Unity in these times, but I believe that mulling over such a thing does not repair it. Farewell." He moved to the mouth of the cave and saw the chasm below, as well as the height it stretched to above. He backtracked into the room. "I am not able to climb such a slope. Already I am indebted to you, but I must ask for your help again. Please. For a Unity that could one day exist once more in this land."

Edited by Tazakk

IC: [Arkrak] Boredom was something Arkrak rarely felt. He had never actually thought of doing something more exciting than making things explode, other than going on vacations and making even more things explode. However, today he was bored, and decided to do something more exciting. So he packed his equipment, grabbed his sled and began to walk out of the village. When he had reached the gates, the Toa of Sonics realised that he had absolutely no idea what he was actually doing. "Screw this," he muttered. "I'm just going to go in a random direction then." So off he went, jumping on his sled, randomly picking Onu-Wahi as his destination. He then placed a rather small explosive at the back of the sled, which, as explosives normally did, exploded, providing enough force to send him and the vehicle thing down Mt. Ihu, also destroying the back half of the sled as well. OOC: Arkrak to Onu-Wahi

OOC: by which I mean tell people about this character.IC: The Toa was silent, as time passed. Finally she replied. "should I exile you from here, you can't ever tell anyone about me. You can't speak of me the Toa, to the Matoran, and especially to the Turaga. Should I learn that you told someone, anyone, your life would end quicker than the Toa Mata's. Swear this on you "Unity," and I will take you back up to the surface." She waited for a response, her back still turned to Matakite. While she paused for the reply, she caught a glimpse of clean ice. With an instinctual flick of her wrist her blade flew into the wall, shattering the glass enough for her to survive. But what does Matakite think of this random destruction?

OOC: That could be kind of difficult, Matakite is the kind of person who keeps his word. But I'll do my best. IC: Matakite "No one but myself shall know of your existence. This I swear," he said solemnly, looking at the glinting shards of ice that had been freed from the wall when the knife hit it rather than the Toa. After a moment, he looked up. "We must leave now, quickly."

OOC: no pressure, you know your characters best. But if you find a situation requiring a Toa of electricity, you know where to find one.IC: The Toa turned around to face him, her empty eyes scanning his face. Finally she nodded, and grabbed him in her spare hand. With a rush of her Kanohi of Flight the two of them flew to the surface, passing walls of ice. The Toa closed her eyes as they passed the reflective solid, this area was too delicate to destroy.Finally the two of them reached a turn in the shaft, which emptied into the surface. A small hut of ice had been carved over the shaft, to block the constant snow form burying the lair. Outside the cave's door existed only blinding winds, nothing particularly interesting in sight.As the Toa. walked back inside she said, "about fifty feet ahead of the entrance is a boulder buried in snow. When you dig it out you will find a hand sized hole in it's side. With your back to the hole turn to the right and keep walking straight. It should lead you to the nearest red flag trail."Her piece said, the Toa flew back into the shadows of the cave. If Matakite was to look around, he might spot a stone tablet on top of the entrance to the Toa's lair.

IC: Matakite As rapidly as he could, Matakite dug the boulder out of the snow. He wouldn't follow it's path now, but it could still serve as a landmark in this endless land of white. At least, until the snow engulfed it again. And so he set off into the snow, not sure what to do or where he was going. "Tuanuku?" he called out, though it seemed as if the wind would muffle his cry.