Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

Ic: "I'm a businessperson, so I both appreciate the bluntness and the understanding that there is always a price," he said. "But first, please, Feongulf... put that weapon away. You should see that killing me is neither in your best interests or a useful action."His eyes swerved to the other side of the room, to Kuhrin. "I say 'or' because it is a choice, as I have said. You can have one thing or the other and I will give one or the other. Either choice you make I have ground to gain, I'm just offering you an opportunity because competition is good for business, and I think you all can help me out more than the ILS can anyway. But again, I don't like it when people are threatening me when I am clearly not even the strongest man in the room," he said, gesturing at everyone else and their bristling weapons and renowned skills in using them.

IC: IraIra continued to watch Ambages with suspicion. What business did he have here? Surely they could have attained there goal without relying on his help? Why should they resort to direct fighting when they could always attack by stratagem? There was a very strong part of him wanting to trash the plan and simply burn Pala-Koro to the ground, but wouldn't there be time for that after they had conquered it by guile? "What makes you so confident that a direct attack would succeed?" he asked. "Isn't it always better to conquer the enemy without fighting, to foil their strategic and diplomatic maneuvers? Fighting should only come as a third choice, and attacking a walled city like Pala-Koro, a fourth. Even with his help, the risks would still be greater than if we drew them out into dangerous ground and then eliminated them in one stroke?"

IC:"Competition is usually good for for the people buying, not the people selling," Feongulf replied with a shrug, pulling her hand away from the dagger and raising her hands. "IN my experience, anyway."I guess you do share the same goal as the rest of us, though." Not that that makes my willing to trust you very much. Sounds as reasonable as trusting the rest of the people around here.

IC-KuAnLo:"Broken gates would allow us an easy way in," KuAnLo said, breaking into the discussion again. "Yet manned parapets could give them a false sense of security...assuming we plan well. Depending on the plan, and whatever fallbacks we have, both would be equally advantageous-it only depends on your creativity, and your willingness to execute."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Ic: "Perhaps you all are not quite understanding me here," Ambages said with the authority of a master architect who had crafted a myriad of similar schemes and schematics. "I can give you Pala-Koro on a silver platter or I can give you something you all stand no chance at destroying. An easy win or an easy lose. I have that power in the palm of my hand, and I can share it with you all. Is there any among you who doubt my ability to give what I offer, or any who have more questions?" he asked.Of course, the next question would be about the price he asked. That was a question he was waiting to address ever since he entered the shed and something that made him excited under his businesslike, calm mannerism.

IC: Nameless SkakdiI remained silent, listening to the newcomer's words. Though I did like the thought of Pala-Koro on a silver platter, I could not help but feel suspicious of him. What reason did he have to offer this?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Ira"So they have decided to go with the fool's plan," he muttered to himself. Still, it would offer him more things to burn, and as long he had something to destroy, he would be happy. He was a pyromaniac after all. The look of disgust on his face changed to one of sick delight.

IC: Nameless SkakdiI finally spoke, expressing my doubts. "I do not think it is wise to accept his offer. How would we be sure he would not lie to us, and fortify their defenses instead. In fact, how do we know that he is not going to go right back to the ILS and tell them about us?" I added, not trusting he newcomer.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC-KuAnLo:"And now you realize why we plan for such eventualities," KuAnLo growled. "Plan for two main eventualities: The enemy doing what you want, or the enemy taking the direction that makes them seem smarter than you. If they take another path, which can happen, you'll just have to improvise. This is a strategy that has been used for so long, it is proven that it works."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Ic: "Ah, a wise one," Ambages said, hearing the Skakdi's voiced opinion. He was rather surprised at the awareness of the being; sometimes smart minds just so happened to be packaged in dumb bodies. "The answer is simple: There is no reason for me to tell them about you or your plans because they already know there will be a fight and their defenses are already reinforced. What do I have to gain from that?"An average man would share the details of the scheme to gain your trust, but as we know a magician never shares his tricks, and since architecture can be seen as magic, I consider myself a magician of sorts. Instead, I come before you as a deliverer of something far more valuable than any of you can imagine: Pala-Koro in ruins and the ILS destroyed. This is what you want, correct? This is what the Makuta would wish to see, and it's what you all want to happen, too. Now you can run around and play games with the ILS that they will not fall for, or you can march in like the heroes you want to be and lay waste to them like you were Rahkshi. That is what will create fear in the island, fear to you and to the Makuta that can be useful. Might, not quiet, is what will be most useful in this engagement."What do i want, though? I could ask for many things, gentlemen," he said. "Riches to add to my own, artifacts which I know you possess, or even arcane technology from some of the more... interesting specimens here. Instead, though, I ask for something immaterial: Your debt. To me." He waited a beat. "And I will also give you use of Xa-Koro, since I know you want to take that village as well."Buildup, bombshell, passing remark. It was a formula of speech he had used with success before, and while the company was different this time around, he had little reason to doubt that it would work again.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC (Karemo and Kitano): "You're a clever one, you are" Karemo acknowledged the Matoran's speech. "Clever enought to make a profit from other people's battles, but I'll have to call you back on a couple of things." The black-armoured toa steped forwards out of the corner to face the architect more directly. "You may think you're very clever, with your words and your buildings" he stated, "but some of us aren't stupid either. You could have just as much to gain from the ILS as from us. As you pointed out, competition is good for business. If we agree to you're plan, what is to stop you from strolling into Pala-koro, telling them of our offer and demanding a higher price of them for you to keep their gates shut? With all this talk of spies and traitors going around, we will have to heed our own words and be very careful with you, little one."He referained from going on and making a point about the Matoran being unarmed among a circle of warriors. If he wanted to withhold information, they could get it out of him, but at this stage he didn't want to bring any more animosity between the architect and the Makuta's followers. If Ambages really could provide what he offered, they needed to keep him on side.

ppg2.png

IC (Echelon)Echelon had remained silent for a long while, observing Ambages' proposals and his allies' reactions. Now, Echelon knew of the Cultured Gentry, and also of their secret allegiance with Makuta. The Architect's offer could prove invaluable in the inevitable assault on Pala-Koro; however, even he had some nagging thoughts that this seemed too good to be true.The Necromancer dispelled those thoughts. A member of the Gentry would not dare to sabotage such an important machination of Makuta's forces. If Ambages said he could deliver, then he could."Ambages can be trusted," he said eventually. "His offer stands, and to me it sounds highly attractive."He looked to the Matoran."Tell me, Architect," he said, "if we accept your offer, will you provide us with full knowledge of the layout and makeup of the village's defences? All traps and defensive mechanisms deactivated? Because when you offer broken gates - "A smile curled the edge of Echelon's mouth." - I assume you do not mean it purely in the literal sense."Despite Ira's protestations, Echelon could see the potential in this course of action. It had the element of surprise, certainly, and was far less risky than a political approach. It would also be much quicker to execute than a series of assassinations. All in all, it seemed their best option.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: The MafiaThe Mafia looked at his axe, then looked at Nahu. The matoran seemed a bit too eager to claim his axe; even for a thrift collector. If he refused to give it to him, he might have a pushy buyer on his tail. Then again, if he gave it to him, he might never see it again,and all hope of opening his fortress would be lost. Still, if he was a collector like he said, when he learned about the other five, he would get those too and the matoran would lead him right to the axes. "Alright," he finally said, handing the axe over. "Whaddya got?"IC: The MarksmanThe Marksman woke up the predator and they cooked the muaka. They then started the same routine: skinning it, making its bones and armor into weaponry, and its hide into clothing

Edited by Constructman

IC: (Durzan/Makuta Shrine, Ko-Wahi)All this talk of strategy made Durzan's head ache. So he sat on the fringe of the the group, knawing on a piece of Skakdi jerky to pass the time.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: IraIra continued to eye Ambages. he was now beginning to see just what the matoran was offering. If he kept his word, they would have a spy inside Pala-Koro, and the defense structures would be weakened. The attack on the weakened fortress would still be riskier than trying to "train the muaka to leave the mountains", but it could work, and would offer more things to burn...

OOC: I'm really tired of stuff happening while I'm gone. Any attempt of mine to recognize the staff-plot as important seems to have fallen through the floor. Oh well, time to write the transitions for the mass of characters in Ko-Wahi...IC: Shadow HapakaThe Shadow Hapaka (or whoever remained with them) went to Onu-Wahi with their ill-gotten spoils. Suminaxe remained behind in Ko-Wahi after a squabble with Sideways.OOC: Shadow Hapaka to Onu-Wahi.IC: Velan:IC: Noira:IC: Aurel:IC: Suminaxe:Velan was released shortly afterwards, the true circumstances were unknown (however, it was assumed the guard on-duty was seduced by her to let her free), but Velan was somehow able to retrieve her mask and weapons and escape undetected. Velan later left to Po-Wahi.OOC: Velan to Po-Wahi.After the hostage situation, Aurel stayed in Ko-Wahi, assuming Zacax dead since no news had been heard from him, or any of the others. Aurel helped to try and rebuild the village, however a few days later, she mysteriously disappeared from the place she was staying in. The door was busted down, and burn marks were evident in the room. After another day of searching, the search was called off, as the life of one one Toa wasn't as important as the survival of the entire village.Suminaxe had trudged through the snow, dragging along his new "pet" to the location that his true dark master decreed. The Shrine. A good place to plan his next move. His new "pet", the Toa of Fire the Shadow Hapaka had kidnapped, and later released (something that Suminaxe had disapproved of). Suminaxe had tracked her down to her temporary place of residence, and in the night, kidnapped and bound her, dragging her along to the shrine. An excellent gift to his master.Aurel, her hands tied, mouth gagged, her feat bound so that she could only walk, and a piece of rope tied around her neck to be a chain as Suminaxe dragged her along. Her dress was shredded from her battle against her captor when he first abducted her. As they trekked on, the two eventually reached a cave, in which Suminaxe made her walk in first, eventually reaching a wooden door. Suminaxe rapped upon the door with the back of his hand, waiting for the door to be opened.Noira, navagating through the large number of guests, reached the door. Someone on the other side was knocking upon it, and as she looked through a peephole to see who was knocking upon the door, she spied a red and black male Toa, armed with claws and holding a rope that was attached to a blue female Toa's neck. Stepping back from the door, she went back towards her master and stood nearby him before saying, "A red male Toa is here, he appears to have brought a Blue female Toa along with him. What would you have me do master?"

IC (Nahu):"Oh" Nahu quickly said, supprised it worked. He took the axe and placed it under his table. "Well we have just got a new iron shield with sharpened edges. It can be used for offence and defence. We also have protodermis spears and swords, along with a vast collection of melee weapons, which you can have three of. If you have any requests, tell me and I'll see if I have it."IC (Grata):Grata left the place of shadows, and the Shadow Hapaka, to continue to look for a job that involved destruction. He had no plan, but just kept on the move. His disguise faded, which reminded him to stay away from Ta-Wahi. He eventually found his way to Ga-Wahi.OOC: Grata to Ga-Wahi

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

IC: LathonLathon slowly walked through the snow-capped mountains of Ko-Wahi. The cold wind chilled him to the bone, even with his cloak thrown around him. Frost collected on his lime green mask as his feet trudged through the snow. "Le-Toa aren't made for this kind of weather." he muttered to himself. Everything was white, and it was hard for him to see with the snow-flurry, in fact Lathon couldn't even see his companion Nawal, he'd lost sight of him. "Nawal?" he yelled out into the whiteness.

IC: The MafiaThe Mafia took a look around the room. "I'll think I'll have the shield," he said as he scanned the room, looking for any secret rooms that might contain anything the shopkeeper didn't want him to see. Somehow, he suspected that Nahu was lying and that he had a few more axes than he claimedOOC: which you can three of in turn for the axe.You grammer no good. I assume you mean can have three of?

OOC: Ops, how'd that get in there? FixedIC (Nahu):"Good choice" Nahu said, handing him the shield. As he said, it looked new and unused, with razor-sharp edges and a thick steel middle. He glansed down at the axe.One more"Where did you get an axe lixe that?" Nahu asked, playing dumb, "Or did you make it a long time ago?"

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

IC: Noira:IC: Suminaxe:IC: Aurel:Noira nodded and calmly strode over to the door, opening it for Suminaxe and Aurel.Suminaxe shoved Aurel into the shrine first, causing her to gag momentarily as the "leash" choked her. The Dark Toa of Fire calmly strode into the room, grinning as if he'd found the jackpot."Hail Makuta!" Suminaxe exclaimed, "I am hear to worship his greatness, bearing a gift of good peace!"In fact, he tugged on the leash of his 'gift of good peace', hard, forcing Aurel down to her knees to prevent her throat from being crushed by her 'leash'.Aurel, if her mind could be read, was thinking in very vividly colored thoughts of what exactly she was going to do to Suminaxe when she got loose.

IC: ..."well, it's certainly unorthodox," said the elder of the Cultured Gentry."Which is exactly why we should do it," Niici explained, "I warned you guys that I would be trying some things. First I made it easier for people to get into this club, and after this, Mata Nui's working class will be eating out of the palm of our hands"Niici and the three Ko-Matoran executive officers sat inside one of the conference rooms in the back of the meeting hall where the Cultured Gentry meets bi-weekly. There was a small table in the middle of the room, with three chairs on each of the two longer sides. The three Matoran sat on one side of the table, and Niici was seated in the center chair on the other side.“This initiative will help everyone,” Niici continued to speak. She was trying to gain more support from the outside world in order to improve relations with the Makuta.While the supporters and members of the Cultured Gentry took great pride in their exclusive events, Niici could not comprehend how setting up an event for the lower classes could hurt them financially or principally. The Cultured Gentry sponsors an event, and instead of the richest of the land attending, regular income people attend – more of them to be more specific. It was quite possible that this event would make more money for them than any of their social gatherings in the past.“The Windriders haven’t gone on tour in decades, and I know they still have the talent and the energy. If we sponsor a ‘charity concert’ with most famous band on Mata Nui – remember, they were the guys who supplied the music during Lewa’s Golden Kanohi ceremony. If we do this then we will roll in the dough, which means more money for the Makuta, which means more favors coming our way,” Niici said, “At the very least, we’ll be able to justify withholding a little more of our earnings from the Makuta during the next fundraising event”Murmurs echoed in the dimly lit chamber. After the three old Matoran deliberated, they turned to face Niici.“We propose a compromise: no tour, just one location,” said the leader of the executive board, “If this flies, maybe we’ll do a tour later”Niici sighed in disappointment. Still, it was a compromise she could live with, as it was a far cry from the “final decision” they made earlier. She rose to her feet and extended her hand.“We have ourselves a deal,” Niici said, shaking the Ko-Matoran’s hand, “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to sell this pitch to the Windriders themselves. I’ll send our recruiter. He’s going to headed there anyway.----------The Cultured Gentry Public Relations Officer, named Kokkrihan, set off on a fully grown Ussal crab past the Ko-Koro gates towards North March. He was a white and sand-blue Ko-Matoran with a white noble Rau and a sash across his chest that signified that he was a Cultured Gentry officer. Riding on his Ussal crab, he made his way across the bridge to Ta-Koro.OOC: Kokkrihan (NPC) moving to Ta-Koro…

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC:Ronkshou awoke from his slumber. Unbeknownst to the public, the Makuta's servant was basking in the riches of the man he pummeled several weeks prior.More specifically, he was in Wokapu's mansion.After spending the days since his meeting with Niici watching the sundial and calendar, Ronkshou saw that this was the day to meet with the band of Makuta's followers.The Cultured Gentry's secret donations have led to gifts that the worshippers might find useful. First, he would need to find them, and since Ronkshou lived in Po-Wahi and wanted to return home anyway, the region of stone seemed like the logical place to look. He had faith that the Makuta would guide him the rest of the way.OOC: no color because I'm posting from my phone. Moving to Po-Wahi region

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Ic: "An what if I did?" Ambages replied. "What if all that was built by my will can be... broken... by my will? What if the power to destroy was as firmly in my hand as the power to create?" Those wizened enough understood the point being made, and Echelon more than any other: The mere suggestion of the sheer arbitrating power Ambages held made him a token more valuable than a Rahkshi raid.The door was opened and new company paraded in. "Hail Makuta!" Suminaxe exclaimed after shoving a woman on a leash in front of him. "I am here to worship his greatness, bearing a gift of good peace!"Ambages winced at the treatment of the "gift of good peace." He never liked wanton acts of cruelty such as this, and the fact that followers of the Makuta were usually more inclined to use it was an added testimony against the dark one in his vast mind. Further, the theatricality of it all served no purpose other than mere show: "Look out, we have a bad man over here," etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum. But what bothered Ambages the most was the fact that there were those who were even so inclined to be so tastelessly glorifying of the Makuta. He never once showed it, but in his heart Ambages was as neutral as he could be. On one hand he hated Mata Nui and all he represented, but on the other hand he detested the Makuta and his ways. And his followers... they were the worst of the lot. The sophisticated ones could be handled, but it was the barbarians, the uncivilized, the torturous ones that were unpredictable.Ambages hoped that in this vile lot there would not be more wild cards than he could contend with, here in negotiation or in battle.He paused and waited for further entreatment from the others in the room.

IC: Cimond"Hail Makuta! I am hear to worship his greatness, bearing a gift of good peace!"Cimond glanced around to find out what the source of the shouting was. He saw a red Toa holding a leash connected to... another Toa. Of course. What a psycho. Cimond turned to the new arrival and scowled. That was it. He had put up with this sort of thing long enough. "Why the Karz are you holding someone on a freaking leash!?" Cimond shouted at the top of his lungs.

Edited by Bordakh Unit 227

IC: Ira"Perhaps she is his prisoner?" he said to Cimond. "Some villains are at the level to treat their enemies like dogs." Still, WTK was this random guy doing here barging bringing a dog into the room? "We are currently n the midst of an important discussion," he said. "That was rather rude of you to barge in like that. Take your prisoner elsewhere, and please, you should work on your dramatic entries. You just transmitted "Sadistic Maniac" to all of us in here; which is not a good impression to make even in a den of vipers."

Edited by Constructman

IC (Echelon)Echelon raised an eyebrow in disdain as Suminaxe entered with his 'gift of good peace'. This Toa of Fire was known to him; he had on many occasions attempted to gain Echelon's 'friendship', and even had the nerve to call himself a Dark Toa. In Echelon's books, this was a title that must be earned.Ignoring Suminaxe, he turned his attention back to Ambages."Indeed," he said. "And I think you have been planning this from the moment you began work on Pala-Koro. I am inclined to accept your offer. But know this: I want more than simply a guarantee of broken gates. I want information on their defences, on their numbers, on strategic locations within the village. I assume that, with you having built them, the walls are more than mere bricks and mortar, yes?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Ic: Ambages smiled politely as he put a finger to his lips: "A magician never shares his secrets," he repeated solemnly. He didn't say Echelon was right, but he didn't say he was wrong. For all anyone knew it could be either one."The ILS is silently recruiting; I don't know what their numbers are at this moment. Their village is hardly strategic in any regard except for the fact that it exists, a fact that would be obsolete if we so much as have my way. Their defenses, however, I do know a considerable much about." His smile hesitated, a twitch, caused by nervousness or simply habit. "But first, let's talk about Xa-Koro."