Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Utu - Ko-Wahi - Utu's VillageThe hulking Toa of ice was motionless, standing not with humility, nor with pride in the deep snow. He simply existed at the edge of the place he once called home. The place he originated. The place he lived. The place where he was beaten and broken, treated like dirt by those bigger and stronger than him.It was here he learned to survive out there, yet it was the one place on Mata-Nui he didn't want to be. And when he got out, he had set his mind on never returning to this village. He wanted it to be out of sight and out of mind, but it never really was. Utu always brought his mind back here even if he wasn't. He fantasized being able to do something about the people he once called- with disdain and remorse- family. He dreamed about being bigger, smarter, and stronger; better. Somewhere in his twisted abused mind, he wanted to prove them wrong.He wanted to show them how wrong they were.Utu showed them how wrong they were.Destroying the beings he hated so much seemed to be the only option. An ability he didn't yet possess when he needed it. But upon gaining that ability, he did just that. He came back full force. Angry, despairing, and thirsting for the blood of his "family". He, and his Mark of Fear became the end of them. He was going to teach them their last lesson, the finale in a symphony of pain and hatred.Utu killed them. He slaughtered them without any effort. With fear in their eyes and "mercy" on their tongues, he struck them down, one by one, saving those he hated most for last. Letting the most spiteful and barbed live long enough to see him. He let them live long enough to watch how wrong they were, how their words and hands were the reason they would die.But it didn't prove anything. Even in their deaths they would not see the truth, nor would they feel remorse for the things they did to him, for the things they said to him. The Toa here refused to see the light. Like Tank, they were blind to the power he bore on his arm, to the ability to control that power for himself. They were blind to see he was meant to, born to bear this beautiful gift.Utu bore vile hateful holes into the half broken structures before him. They would not admit they were counter-factual. How he wished to relive that moment, maybe do some things differently, just make them see.He started walking slowly down the lone street, his feet seeming to glide on the snow below his feet. This was his territory. The soft crunch at the soles of his shoes reminded him of the control he had here. The control he had then. It seemed strange that he was once so powerless in this very village. He stopped in the middle of the destroyed "street", peering into a nearby hut before turning away quickly.He breathed in the chilled air deeply, letting it fill his lungs, reminding him of his power. He didn't want to remember. Utu walked slowly to the hut, placing his hand on the doorway. He pulled out his blade, forged himself, admiring his work. It wasn't the greatest, but it was still impressive considering he had never really known what he was doing. He gazed at the shining blade before turning his eyes to the hilt. The Mark of Fear he branding on the leather handle was something he had done after coming here again. He took a step back before whipping his wrist about.When he stepped back, the Mark of Fear was on the door, marking where he once lived. People must know where the legacy began.Utu turned around, starting to walk forth once more. He was going to prove them wrong. Tank, Salamander, Venator, his village.He was going to prove them all wrong.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Zauk [Entering Ko-Koro]The Toa of Lightning sighed. It was good to be home. True, learning that there had been multiple attacks since he was gone didn't improve his mood much, but it was still good to be back. It was about midday now, the twin suns burning high in the sky above, and causing those not used to the bright glare of the snow to squint. For now, the weather was clear, and it didn't seem like it would change anytime soon.The teal-armored Toa had hiked down the mountian with Naru, something that was easy enough for him, but he wasn't so sure about the Toa of Plasma. She wasn't exactly used to these temperatures, atleast, not like Zauk was, and it worried the Toa of Lightning. Elemental heat could only go so far, and it really only made Naru tire even faster. And so, Zauk had suggested they stop by Ko-Koro, specifically his hut, before moving on to any of the other villages.Nodding to a few Ko-Matoran they passed, Zauk turned a corner to where his hut was located. Thankfully, the building was far enough away from the center of the Koro to have survived the attacks, and it seemed everything was exactly as they left it. Broken door and all. Hoping the same could be said for the inside, Zauk continued walking to his home. "Seems like such a long time," he commented, glancing over to Naru. "For me, anyway. Never really been away from Ko-Wahi that long."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Zauk [Entering Ko-Koro]
IC: Naru (Following Zauk)"I-I can't see why you wouldn't l-leave more often," Naru said, shivering from head to toe. Her elemental energy was running low again after a long walk through the snow from the Ta-Wahi border, and the Toa of Plasma was forced to keep at least some of it in store for any potential self-defense. Her Kanohi, the Great Faxon, did allow her to borrow the abilities of Rahi that survived naturally in the snow, but the closest she got to a heating power was one that drained the heat from the Rahi's victim. She wasn't nasty enough to prey on Zauk... not yet.If it gets much colder, I totally will, she thought."Boo, the door is broken," Naru whined, still hugging herself to keep warm. "It's gonna be freezing inside. Oh, and people might have taken your stuff in the raid. If they have, I'm gonna gut them myself, just so you know."The orange and white Toa glowed warmly for a few short seconds. "Oh, that's better," she muttered, having spent another portion of her energy. It was an emergency, she decided, for her visor had begun to frost over at the edges. Naru silently cursed the extreme temperature."If it weren't for you, Zauk," she said, "I'd never ever return to the Wastes ever again. I'm freezing my bum off!"

IC: Naru (Following Zauk) <complaints about temperature>
IC: Zauk [Ko-Koro, nearing his hut]The Toa of Lightning glanced behind him to Naru, an unreadably expression on his face, before pushing aside the fragments of his door. "Well then," he said, looking around at the snow piles that seemed to want to invade his house. "I suppose its a good thing I have a fireplace, eh?"That thought in mind, Zauk used his Matatu to clear the snow away, before stepping further into the hut. Inside was, thankfully, the same as it was when they left: the controled mess that Zauk seemed to keep his stuff in. Nothing was gone, well, nothing that the teal-armored Toa could see so far. Stepping over another pile that he Matatu-moved out of his house, Zauk casually raised an arm, and a small bolt of lightning shot out of it, struck a pile of wood in a small alcove, and started a small fire."Use it for cooking," Zauk explained, shrugging. Otherwise, he didn't actually need a fireplace in his hut. Despite not being a Toa of Ice, he really liked the cold a lot better. Unfortunately, Naru didn't, so he did his best to warm the house up. "And I still have that coat, if you want."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: NaruIt didn't take more than a minute before Naru was huddled up on the couch with Zauk's coat around her. She had resolutely pushed the piece of furniture across the floor until it sat barely a meter away from the fireplace, and around the coat again she had made sure to wrap a blanket. The Toa of Plasma used another quick burst of plasma to warm herself up from the inside, and soon she had closed her eyes and sighed contently in the spreading heat."Mmmmuch better," she hummed. "Much better indeed."Naru turned her head to look at Zauk, her green eyes peeking out from under her orange Faxon's fogging visor and the blanket hood draped over her head. "Nothing's missing, right?" she asked, beginning to show concern for something other than herself again. "Your hunting trophies are all there?"OOC: Third one is Naru right now.

OOC: *can totally see Naru's expression like that*IC: Zauk [His hut, Ko-Koro]The Toa of lightning nodded, having just went into his room to make sure everything was there. "Yep," Zauk said, sitting down in a chair opposite to the Toa of Plasma. "No one seems to like to mess with my stuff anyway... Probably has to do with a few paralysed Skakdi I left somewhere in the middle of the Koro.""In fact, no one really wanted to come near me for a while..."Shrugging again, Zauk absent mindedly twirled a knife he'd brought with him from his room, a strange weapon with a green, curved blade and a hilt made out of something that looked suspiciously like a Muaka's tooth.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Zauk [His hut, Ko-Koro]
IC: Naru [Zauk's hut]"Gee, I wonder why," Naru grinned, withdrawing a knife of her own from her belt. She looked with more interest upon the weapon in Zauk's hands, though, for it was quite different from the blades she usually used. The Toa of Plasma carried daggers meant for throwing: sharp and straight-edged with dull colors and little design. Naru would usually waste some in combat, and as such she never carried daggers she would miss. Zauk was a hunter, however, and they seldom threw their knives away."That thing got a story?" she asked, eying the glint of the metal and the custom handle.

IC: Naru [Zauk's hut]
IC: Zauk [His Hut, Ko-Koro]The Toa of Lightning glanced down at the weapon in his hand, and shrugged. "I suppose," he said, a small smile on his face as he looked back up from the weapon."Some time ago, way before I'd even considered staying Ko-Koro, I was out hunting in the Drifts. I remember it was cold, and from the amount of snow, I could only see a few bio infront of me," Zauk shook his head. "It was my first time hunting in the here. Overconfident doesn't even begin to describe me right about then. Sure, I'd been hunting larger Rahi for some time, but never in that kind of weather or terrain. Anyway, I'd gone out hunting, of course I'd refused a guide, and I stumbled upon the blade here," the teal-armored Toa flicked the green-colored edge. "Nearly cut my foot off before I realised it wasn't plant. You'd be amazed at some of the things I've found out in the Drifts. So, I picked it up and kept it with me. Didn't have a hilt, so I assumed someone just threw it away.""A little while later, the snow storm had stopped, and I managed to find the tracks of a Muaka. Fairly recent to, seeing as the snow hadn't covered them up yet. However, it took me a little while to realise something: there was only one set of tracks, and Muaka almost always travel in pairs, so where was the other one? I found out not that much later, when a paw flattened me into the snow. I managed to get it off of me and roll away, but not before I'd recieved a few borken ribs. I drew my bow, but the arrows did little more then anger it. And so, like the genius that I was, instead of getting away rather quickly, I stayed where I was. I knew that it wasn't a good idea right when the Muaka had clamped its jaws onto my leg. Finially doing something smart, I drew that blade and stabbed it in the eye. That along with a few volts convinced it to let go, and quick snow-screen with my Matatu allowed me to get away.""I limped back to the village, gripping this blade in one hand and having that tooth stuck in my leg. After the doctors took it out, I managed to have it shaped into a hilt for that blade. That's pretty much it."His story finished, Zauk leaned back into the chair, studying the dagger.OOC: *takes deep breath*

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Naru [On the really very comfortable couch in Zauk's hut, Ko-Koro]Naru looked down at the knife in her own hand, which she was holding by the tip and wagging back and forth. "Wow, that's... wow. I know I've melted a Muaka to a puddle, but somehow getting almost owned by one and then escaping sounds more impressive. Good job, hunter."The orange Toa leaned back on the couch and wrapped the blanket more tightly around herself. Her hand with the knife still stuck out from the front of it, but apart from that one could not see much of the female. Her legs were pulled up beneath her, and her head was half-covered by cloth as well. Her eyes shone with delight at the rapidly increasing temperature."I haven't got any good stories about my own weapons, but I do got this." Naru flicked her hand under the blanket, and when it emerged again it was holding a different knife: This one rather long and single-edged, though with small notches on the back of the blade; a typical survival knife, one that might also have been used for hunting. "I took it from the canister of a dead Toa," she said. "It's quite a while ago, now. I briefly traveled with a small group of warriors who were allied under some Vortixx named Zand. We went to some forested area near Kini-Nui in order to find the canister of a Toa named Ari-something, the group's former leader. He was long dead, poor guy, so I decided to take this knife with me. Wouldn't do him any good, and the others didn't seem to care as long as they had his mask."Naru furrowed her brow as she turned the knife in her grip, trying to remember everything. "He had the most curious canister I have ever seen," she mused. "Blue, and it seemed bigger on the inside, almost. Inside I found this, plus some strange clothing. I got the impression he was an eccentric guy."She replaced the knife in her belt, and then shifted uneasily in her seat. Some shuffled cloth and a few metallic clicks and clattering later, the Toa had loosened her knife bandoliers. She dropped them on the floor with a thud, like the last time she stayed at Zauk's place."Aaahh..." she sighed, "Sometimes it's good to take all that weight off. Maybe I should do like other Toa and just keep one weapon. Doesn't really fit my style, though."Naru let herself drop sideways and gripped the blanket more firmly, almost ending up in a fetal position. Still almost entirely covered in cloth, she stuck the blade of the survival knife out near her face. Her mouth was hard to see, but her eyes conveyed her playful grin."Don't get any ideas, I'm still armed," she giggled. "I once woke to a Ta-Matoran poking me with the blunt end of a spear because they were searching the inn I stayed at for criminals. Good for him that my doziness wore off quickly, or they'd have to pull out more than the one knife from his arm."Her smile suddenly vanished, and the knife as well."...Please don't think I'm a psychopath."

I.C. Kotahk launched a spray of ice from his sword at the giant cat.Kranuka drew his dagger in anticipation of a pounce.Tamaka and Takana rudely threw Zenex to the ground and drew their knives.Zenex tried his best to roll away from the battle scene, but wasn't going anywhere. He managed to disentangle the lightweight axe that was strapped to his back, grabbed ahold, and began tediously, and painfully chopping off the armor of his own feet.
IC Fehron noticed what Zenex was trying to do and liquified the axe. The blob of molten metal slipped out of Zenex's hand and into Fehron's, where it began to reform. First a long handle formed in Fehron's hand. Activating his mask power, Fehron blasted into the air, spinning rapidly. The rotational force, combined with Fehron's power, warped the end of the handle into a deadly scythe. In one smooth motion, Fehron used the momentum of his spin to launch an aerial attack on the Muaka. The scythe cut into the Muaka's thick hide, wounding the beast. However, Fehron had made one small miscalculation. After he launched his attack, Fehron had become vulnerable. One swipe from the Muaka's claws shredded the scythe. The second slashed Fehron's armor. Using his power to mend the damage, Fehron fell. Noticing his fallen comrade, Botan shot seeds into the ground. They quickly sprouted into vines that entangled the Muaka.

aouROFb.png

IC: Naru [On the really very comfortable couch in Zauk's hut, Ko-Koro]
OOC: ...long post... ._.IC: Zauk [Next to that really very comfortable couch that Katuko mentioned, Ko-Koro]Zauk raised an eyebrow at the Toa of Plasma who seemed to have claimed his couch and blanket for herself. "Naru, if I thought you were a psychopath I doubt we'd be having this conversation now," the teal-armored Toa replied, smiling. "Besides, if someone ever woke me up by poking me with a spear, they'd probably get a bit more then a knife in the arm."The Toa of Lightning brought his arms up in an almost comical "I'm thinking" pose. "Hm... perhaps something more along the lines of electrical burns... but you never really can tell, can you?" Zauk said, as if considering what he might do if the situation should arise.Strange, Zauk seemed to have gotten a lot less nervous around the Toa of Plasma. Perhaps because he was inside his house-a familar place-, or maybe the Toa of Lightning was beginning to get used to actually talking to people again. Whatever it was, it definately made conversations easier. Edited by Frost Dragon

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Zauk [Next to that really very comfortable couch that Katuko mentioned, Ko-Koro]
IC: Naru [Zauk's Hut, Ko-Koro]"I suppose. I'm just glad I didn't use Plasma, you know? I almost had to fight my way out of there, because when you have one guard that is stabbed and just screaming the rest aren't exactly up for talks when they arrive at the scene. I doubt frantic excuses would have helped with a dead Matoran in front of me."Naru felt her elemental energy slowly recharge inside her. The fireplace, coat, blanket and couch all combined had made the cold room not-so-cold anymore. Edited by Katuko

IC: Zauk [His hut, Ko-Koro]"Yeah, that proabaly wouldn't have been good," the Toa of Lightning replied, unconsciously scooting away from the fireplace and the heat. "Funny, most people listen to screams rather then words.""So, how exactly did you get out of that situation?" Zauk asked, a bit more interested in the Toa of Plasma's story. "I doubt the Guards liked having one their own stabbed... Even if it was just an arm."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Naru [Zauk's Hut, Ko-Koro]"It's a kinda boring end. The guards never got aggressive enough to attack when I obviously wasn't trying to fight, and the guy I stabbed got patched up relatively quickly."Naru pulled the blanket fully over her head."I felt their angry glares all the time after that, though, so I left for Po-Koro and stayed there a few weeks. Felt like a criminal. Probably was, despite lack of intention."

Edited by Katuko

IC:Rhow nodded in approval. "Very well." She turned to the rest of the horde. "Alright, who wants to volunteer to stay behind and take the slow route through the jungle?" she asked. "Thes rest of us will take the shortest way to the Kumu-Islets and we will meet up back there."OOC: Just making it quick, there is no point in dragging out the discussion here, lest we go to the Kumu-Islets and find everybody has moved somewhere else again.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Naru [Zauk's Hut, Ko-Koro]
IC: Zauk [His hut, Ko-Koro]The Toa of Lightning shrugged as Naru pulled the blanket fully over her head. "Well, he was the genius who decided to wake you up using a spear, not something that I think anyone with good intentions would do," Zauk said, before adding, "Besides, accedents happen, and eventually someone was going to poke back, probably better for him that it was you rather then some giant, crazed Skakdi, huh?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I.C. Kotahk launched a spray of ice from his sword at the giant cat.Kranuka drew his dagger in anticipation of a pounce.Tamaka and Takana rudely threw Zenex to the ground and drew their knives.Zenex tried his best to roll away from the battle scene, but wasn't going anywhere. He managed to disentangle the lightweight axe that was strapped to his back, grabbed ahold, and began tediously, and painfully chopping off the armor of his own feet.
IC Fehron noticed what Zenex was trying to do and liquified the axe. The blob of molten metal slipped out of Zenex's hand and into Fehron's, where it began to reform. First a long handle formed in Fehron's hand. Activating his mask power, Fehron blasted into the air, spinning rapidly. The rotational force, combined with Fehron's power, warped the end of the handle into a deadly scythe. In one smooth motion, Fehron used the momentum of his spin to launch an aerial attack on the Muaka. The scythe cut into the Muaka's thick hide, wounding the beast. However, Fehron had made one small miscalculation. After he launched his attack, Fehron had become vulnerable. One swipe from the Muaka's claws shredded the scythe. The second slashed Fehron's armor. Using his power to mend the damage, Fehron fell. Noticing his fallen comrade, Botan shot seeds into the ground. They quickly sprouted into vines that entangled the Muaka.
I.C. Zenex cursed quietly to himself, and snapped the already weakened armor with a blow of his fists. A little bit of blood sprinkled to the otherwise perfectly white snow. He crawled for shelter beneath a snow bank.Kotahk --watching Zenex's spectacle-- knew that it would be near impossible for Zenex to go anywhere, and if he did, he couldn't go far enough that he couldn't be tracked. He knew right away that Zenex would have to be insane to take the actions he had taken so far. Rushing the entangled Muaka, he activated his pakari, and slammed the flat of his sword up across the Muaka's head, forcing the raging beast into unconsciousness. Kranuka crawled to the top of the tiger, and carefully removed its infected Kanohi.

elementalussal.png

IC: Zauk [His hut, Ko-Koro]
IC: Naru [Zauk's Hut, Ko-Koro]"I have actually met Skakdi that are gentler than me. More work, less fighting, you know? Right now I'm still itching for revenge on anyone that follows Makuta. When I saw Ko-Koro's current state I could only think that we were too late again."

IC: Naru [Zauk's Hut, Ko-Koro]"I have actually met Skakdi that are gentler than me. More work, less fighting, you know? Right now I'm still itching for revenge on anyone that follows Makuta. When I saw Ko-Koro's current state I could only think that we were too late again."
IC: Zauk [His hut, Ko-Koro]The Toa of Lightning's expression changed dramaticly at the mention of that. "I know what you mean..." Zauk said distantly, his eyes unfocusing. Seeing his Koro in this condition really made him angry. Partly because he wasn't here to help defend it, and partly because of the amount of destruction some beings could cause.If only... If only there was a way to stop them...IC: Tirra [Keuirce's hands]"I suppose... But that doesn't really make it any less colder for me," The Toa of Air said, sighing. Opening one eye, for she had closed them, Tirra watched thte different beings they passed by, occupying herself with this."So," Tirra said after a while, "When are we going to get to this Mask Shop?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Keuirce"Seems a little dodgy to me..." Keuirce muttered, leading Tirra into the shop. This part of Ko-Koro seemed quite dark, and all of the other shops seemed to be closed and boarded up. The shop itself was dimly let, with a suspicious looking Matoran standing behind the counter, leaning over, his chin resting on his hand, his elbow resting on the counter."How may I help you?"

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Keuirce"Well then," the Matoran croaked, turning around, "I'll see what I can do."He disappeared through a door behind him, and was gone for a few moments. "What kind of mask are you interested in?" Keuirce jumped as the Matoran appeared, seemingly from nowhere, right behind him. This earned a chuckle from him.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: TirraThe Toa of Air glanced down... She didn't exactly want to give up her old mask... It had become a part of here for long time. Although, she knew it would be better if she did, and so, Tirra removed her Kanohi.Fortunately for Keuirce, Tirra had jumped down from his hands just before doing so. To avoid falling on him as she grew in size.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -