Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Reordin (Company Safehouse, Ko-Wahi)

The watch was quiet for about ten minutes, which Reordin didn't mind; though he himself was naturally a bit extroverted, Ko-Matoran as a whole reveled in silence. It brought a peace that one could ponder on for eons while they watched the Ko-Wahi landscape. It was like a painting, if you liked looking at paintings that were simply all white with hints of grey for your landscape, and clear blue or black for your skies. Leah's sounds of exertion were the only ones in the area, which, again, suited Reordin just fine.

"I'm sorry you always seem to get stuck between me and Stannis when we're in one of our little moods," he said, not turning around, a grin on his face. "Half the time, I'm not sure whether he pities my supposed ignorance or just wants to bash my head in with a spear and find a way to get a new Chosen."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Leah didn't pause in her movement, instead fluidly continuing in her excercise as she twirled her staff and then performed a mock-strike through the air. "It's fine." she said btween breaths, planting her staff on the ground and flipping over. She continued with some more moves, before speaking again."You know, I think he needs you, even if he'd never admit it." The staff flew from one hand to her other, twirling fast in the darkness, almost too fast to follow with the naked eye. "Faith may be well and good, but it can only get you so far without some practicality."

She continued with the twirling, but started to balance on one leg, glancing over to Reordin. "We were chosen for a reason, remember. Maybe part of that involves balancing out the team."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC

"I know where the Keeping Place is... and how to get the Temple Crystals." The female Le-matroan was the first to speak. "I believe you, Joske. I knew I'd seen you before, but with so many revelations in one night, one things seems to drive out another." I nodded in thanks, but before I could say anything else she continued.

"But before any more is revealed, is it safe to do so now? Before we can even attempt that place you speak of we need to find the ones on the map first. If the dark ones minions are already on our trail, is it safe to reveal more information before the other stones are retrieved? If one of our number is captured before then..." Her voice trailed off and looked at the others, one in particular. The way she and the others reacted around him I was beginning to assume he was their leader. "Perhaps...Joske, was it?" the male Le-Matoran piqued up, "Sorry, I was never really into Kohlii. Perhaps Joske should split up from the rest of us? If he knows where the Keeping Place is and how to get all the crystal-stones are then he can go get them himself without telling the rest of us. I mean, he has a Kakama-mask, we'd just be slowing him down. And he stands the best chance against any shadow-agents that might attack him." He took half a second to catch his breath. "And its not like any of us here can even speak bird speech. I only do insects."In response she held up a small whistle for him to see. Even I could tell it was a Gukko-Bird caller. "Hey, just because I don't speak the language like Turaga Nuju doesn't mean I don't know what the birds are saying. If there is need, we can quickly get a high-flying ride. But I agree...perhaps Joske going after the Keeping Place while finish our task at hand would be best." "We can figure things out in the morning," the one who had Takua's things pointed out, the rest finishing hteir meal I had so rudely inturrupted. "We've had a long night, and we need to rest up for tomorrow. Any volunteers for first watch?" "I'll do it. I don't know about you, but I can't sleep right now. Plus I don't have a bunk anymore, so... " "Alright, then. Stannis, Oreius, you'll relieve us, and then Sulov and Lepidran can take the morning shift. Try and sleep as much as you can. I know it's been a big night, but we're still gonna have to stay sharp for tomorrow. Ko-Wahi's...well. Just get some sleep." I watched the two walk outside, making mental notes of this conversation. The first thing that struck me was how tight this group was; they had a decent amount of unity, which I found unusual, if not refreshing. Second, how well they could take and absorb not only new information, but worldview-shattering type at that. Third... well, the list went on. They impressed me, not the easiest thing in the world to do. As for sleep... yeah, my body was screaming for it. Bruised, sore, and elementally tapped I was in no position to go anywhere for a bit.

I found a corner of the shed and made myself comfortable, curling up to conserve as much heat as possible. Despite the cold I fell asleep almost instantly, falling into a deep, and rather blissfully dreamless, sleep.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: FLIP.

I drop the pistol. Ready for an attack, but there's none. He just gets his stuff and talks about Takua. Note: 'Joske'-ally; new objective-get weapon from Keeping Place; increase grapple interception speed. Then it's onto dinner.

Cleaning time. Armor's fine. Supplies, all but honey, replaced quick with what Reordin got. But I think we're gonna need more with Joske, so I'll see if I can find something fast in the morning.

Now the last bit of checking before bed. Leah made places for everyone but Joske to sleep...Joske ruined one. That's 5/7 outta 7/7 goal.

Let's see. Joske's already on the floor. But it's not quite 6/7 yet, he's shivering pretty bad and all bunched up from the cold. I put my coat and scarf on him. Can't move him into any kinda bed without waking him up, so that'll have to do.

One down, one to go. I'll sleep on the floor. I put my pack away from a corner on the side of a wall. Lie down. Bag's a pillow when I don't have one, and I don't need a blanket; 7th's armor can take cold. It's fine.

I stare up. And think.

Darrick Bane, Daylah, Goolu, Komisk Runion, Kol Uskey...

I remember them. Each name I found, in a story or in the field. Each one who died. I go over the list again, add 'Takua' to it and think about him, too. Think about how he brought us together and fought to make this a better place.

Hey, Mata Nui, it's Sulov.

I know you're kinda busy right now. I know you might not have time. I know you're stuck sleeping and that sorta thing.

Just...

Couldja maybe help them and everyone I missed, wherever they are? It seems to me like they should get to a good place.

Thanks. A-men.

I close my eyes, breathing settled. And fall into sleep.

Edited by Norman Efiks

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

"Yeah, maybe you're right," he replied, now turning to watch Leah exercise and laying back, keeping himself propped forward with his elbows. "I'm not gonna argue with the way the cards are stacked; never really been my place. Doesn't mean I have to believe that they were stacked the way they are for a reason."

He sat and relaxed for a minute or two, letting tension ebb from his bones as he lay, cushioned in the snow.

"What do you want to do? After we do whatever we have to do, I mean. With your life. Back to the Gukko Force?"

IC: Gust (Ko-Wahi)

"Oh, uh, my b. Thought you were someone I knew."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC(Jade)

(Outskirts of Ko-Koro)

With sword still pointed at the newcomer's chest, Jade repeats," 'Thought I was someone else'? Do you normally sneak up on this 'someone else'?" asks the Toa of Electricity. Reluctantly, the Toa brings her sword down toward the snow, the light "Chu" sound following suit. She wasn't about to sheath her sword-not yet, atleast, but she had to remember that people in the villages were just like this. It would take some time until she got used to it.

-Mef Man

OOC: Moving from Le-Wahi...

IC:

The Infected Toa turned around and went to his backpack to get his coat. As he put it on, he faced the eastern coast of Mata Nui, and noticed the many fjords that they were approaching. Then, suddenly, Ronkshou heard a high-pitched clicking sound from Vidar. A moment later, the lime-green Toa scrambled onto his feet.

“The climate,” Vidar said, as if explaining what woke him up. He then looked up to the sky – it was almost overcast. Turning on his heel, Vidar quickly walked over to his backpack and pulled out two large lightstones. He tossed one to Ronkshou who caught it with ease, but not without a bit of apprehension.

“What is it?” Ronkshou asked.

“We need to check these fjords,” Vidar replied. He then walked to the aft of the boat and spoke across to Utu.

“We have not check Ko-Wahi at all, and I know from experience that these fjords make some of the best hiding places,” Vidar said, “We need to check them”

Ronkshou wanted to protest, but Vidar was right; they had searched Le-Wahi and the Kumu Islets, but not Ko-Wahi. If these Matoran were indeed traveling in a clockwise fashion, then Ko-Wahi is where they would be next, assuming they had gotten a stone from Le-Wahi while the servants were searching in Xa-Koro. Better yet, they could have chosen this area to rest, considering how remote these fjords are.

Meanwhile, Vidar remained at the aft of the boat. Ronkshou moved the boat slower to the coast, slowed it down, and walked towards the other servant. Once both Ronkshou and Utu were close enough to hear Vidar’s near-whispering voice, he spoke again.

“We should check the narrowest inlets first. They’re where Matoran are most likely to take shelter,” Vidar whispered, “They’re also most often ignored by travelers and sailors”

So the two servants soon found themselves scanning the coastline, lightstones in hand and at full power. Once they reached about two miles from where the large river that separated Ko-Wahi from Le-Wahi was, they had a (relatively) clear view of the fjords of Ko-Wahi. The clouds were not helping at all, and while the two usually thrived off the darkness, they had to admit that the Makuta’s primary element was doing them a bit of disservice right now.

“This inlet is the narrowest,” Vidar said softly to Ronkshou and Utu, “We should choose this one”

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC(Jade)

(Outskirts of Ko-Koro; talking to Gust)

Jade rolls her eyes. This Toa was one of the strangest she had ever seen...

The sword was soon in it's sheath; obviously, this one wouldn't be any trouble. The Toa had a more surfer look than warrior. There was no way he'd be any trouble for her.

"Tell me, where can I find transport to Ga-Koro?" Jade asks. She places her left hand on her hip and pushes her right leg back; leaning on it as she speaks. "I need to get there as fast as possible."

-Mef Man

IC(Jade)

(Outskirts of Ko-Koro; talking to Gust)

"Okay, I'll look for this 'cable car system,' " Jade replies. She looks the Toa over one more time before turning around and walking toward Ko-Koro. The Toa of Air wasn't exactly useless, but he did tell her of this "cable car system." Maybe it could help her get to Ga-Koro.

-Mef Man

IC(Jade)

(Ko-Koro)

Jade walks through the open gate and into Ko-Koro. It was...strange being a welcomed stranger into the village of ice. Normally, she was raiding the village with her old "allies" or performing some other task of chaos and mayhem. But this time she was simply another face in the crowd; trying to find this cable car that the Toa of air had spoken of.

Soon, the Toa had found the cable car, but there was one problem: it was broken. She couldn't see what was wrong with it, but it was as plain as a Ta-Matoran being red that the car was broken in some way.

If I see that Toa of air again. I'm going to rip out his...

The Toa turns around and makes her way toward the nearest gathering of beings. Maybe she could find a different way to travel from this group...

OOC: Jade open for interaction.

-Mef Man

Edited by Mef Man

IC: Utu - Ko-Wahi Shore - WaterUtu looked ahead at the mountainous regions, gazing fondly. He turned his attention to the narrow passage, happy to check a place the six might actually be, instead of another nook and cranny. He could tell the other Toa were not as comfortable here than he was. His control over this element felt good.He nodded, "Keep the motors down. We don't want an avalanche."Utu knew this portion of Ko-Wahi. This is where he wandered off to after leaving his village. Utu didn't know where exactly everything was, but he could point out generalities. This might prove useful. He was in his element, in more than one sense of the word.He followed behind Makuta's servants, speaking softly, but loud enough to be heard over the lapping of waves, "Heauni had sent me alone at first," Utu couldn't tell if the fact more joined him should please him, or make him feel worse, "Even after I had brought up bringing others along," he eyed the pair."Honestly, I can't tell if I should be flattered, or feel inadequate," he checked his course, willing ice in the water away from both boats, "Why'd he send you?"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Tirra

The Toa of Cyclone looked like she was about to reply, when there was a sudden knock on the door. "I'LL GET IT," she announced rather unnecissarily, and got up from the table. Tirra made her way to the door, and prepared to "tell" the person knocking to go away.

Taking a breath, she opened the door.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Desuka

And there, standing at the feet of his long shadow which reached longingly across the threshold, was Desuka. His eyes were pitch black, he was covered in cuts and bruises and gripped his bicep, as if to hide (in vain) the enormous gash that was dug into it. He was staring at the ground, and as she opened the door, he looked up to face her, tiredly, looking like he had aged hundreds of years since they had last met. He seemed ready to collapse, but held himself up out of courtesy.

Forcing a smile, he spoke with a hoarse voice that was barely his own. "Hi."

IC: Zongu

"Okay, this is the place, I think, if our 'contacts' are correct." he looked up from his upside-down map at a tall, dojo-like building.

Edited by Doctor Wotz

IC: Tirra

"Hey, we'r-"

Tirra stopped as she realised who it was. The Le-Toa's mouth hung open slightly at the sight of Desuka, and she blinked multiple times as she tried to process his current condition. The fact that he was here, now made things even more surprising. Not wasting any more time Tirra rushed out, slipping under the De-Toa's arm to support him.

"W-what happened to you?" she asked, now that Desuka wasn't in danger of falling into the snow.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Keuirce (Keuirce's House, Ko-Koro)Keuirce's eyes widened. "Wow. Given the amount of girls whose presences I've had to explain to you, I probably should've seen this reversal of roles coming."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC:

Leah paused then. "I haven't thought about that to be honest..." she said. "I might go back to the force, but if what we know so far is any indication I might have a different calling by then."

She started to twirl her staff in her hands again in a defensive motion intended to block incoming throwing discs. "That is, if this task doesn't take everything we've got to give to complete it."

"I call dibs on waking Oreius."

Reordin pushed himself off the ground and moved back with Leah towards the safehouse, moving over to Oreius' bunk and waking him gently. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Leah doing the same for Stannis. When the two were out, the Ko-Matoran kept crouched, sitting on the floor.in front of the bunks.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Ko-Wahi fjord; Wanderer's Company)

A Dark Toa. A horrible murder. Essence Stones. Temple Crystals. A mysterious weapon-

I awake.

It took a few seconds for me to remember where I was in the darkness, the dream so vivid. The shed, the cold, the fall... the previous day's memories came flooding back painful clarity.

My friend Takua was dead.

Uncurling myself from the floor proved difficult, my body feeling frozen in position, stiffer that the boards that made this shed. It took over five minutes for me to just stand, having to warm up each body part individually, flexing fingers, rubbing legs, rotating shoulders... still, my elemental reserves had recharged decently and that helped in the process despite the lack of heat in the air.

As quietly as I could I climbed to my feet, I folded a coat three sizes too small in my hands, gazing about at the sleeping matoran. Sometime during the one named Sulov must have laid this on me. My head tilted slightly as I observed his sleeping form, many thing running through my head... mainly the fact that I had been wrong about him. In fact, to an extent ALL of them. Takua placed the future, and in proxy the fate of every creature on the island, in their hands. I was finally beginning to see the wisdom in that choice. Their very capable hands.

And myself?

Silently I laid the coat next to his head and stepped outside into the frigid air. Not as dark as I expected from the predawn air; it had to be all the snow, reflecting and refracting what little light there was. It was snowing lightly, thankfully without any wind, and absolutely silent. Like, silent silent. I could hear my heartlight flashing it was it was so quiet, the freshly-laden snow absorbing what little noise there was. I breathed out, watching my breath condense, crystallize, then join the thousands of other flakes as they made their dutiful march to the ground below.

Duty. I figured out my destiny, but what was my duty in all this?

The crunching under my feet was the only sound I could hear as I found myself at the stream, staring my own reflection in the dark water. Yes, I had my own mission, but they had an army of bad guys on their tail. Should I try to protect them before I gather the temple crystals? Should I grab them all quick then come back? A little of both? How could they fight off the Minions of Makuta when experienced Toa themselves have a hard time doing so. I hated thinking such gloomy thoughts before breakfast. Shaking my head I knelt down and stuck my hands in the water.

I gasped with shock as I the heat was stripped from my fingers, and did so a second time when I splashed the water across my face. Mata-Nui, it was cold, and deceptively so. Still, I was determined to complete my daily ritual, so with numb hands and gritted teeth I stripped myself of my armor and drove in headfirst.

When I finally broke I was gasping for air, eyes wide in shock. With my chest above the water I could see my arms shaking, the cold draining away what heat I had accumulated overnight. I did this because this is what my body needed, beaten and bruised as it was, and because I was part of my routine. My ritual. My training. I did this to become stronger. Clenching my fist I finally tapped into my reserves, and when I opened my eyes I would see the water vapor curl and float off my body, the heat within stronger than the cold without. Shoulders, head, chest, abs, little tendrils of steam like ghostly, smokey tongues of flames dancing across my as the water around me began to warm up at the sheer force of my will. Wading over the bank I paused before placing a hand on my face, and with a sharp yank pulled my mask off. The effect was immediate as I felt power flee, the temperature around me dropping. It was tempting not to do so given my condition, but that wasn't how I worked. Pain was weakness leaving the body, and that's how I became the best sportsman, the greatest athlete on the island. Simple put: I didn't cut corners.

I didn't cheat.

Wading back out into the middle of the steam I began, my hands slowly moving and I focused on my breathing, using the water as a natural resistance to my exercises. My morning routine was not about strength, nor speed, nor even power, but in control and precision, making slow yet precise gestures, attacks and blocks with my arms and legs. The water made it difficult, and the cold made it unbearable, and the lack of mask mask made in downright terrible, but I did it anyway. In this state I could think, relax, and mediate without any distractions that a day usually brings. Sadly, today brought no revelations, but it did bring a glimmer of hope; even with all the handicaps I dumped on myself by the end of it I was still warm, able to easily control my fire and keep the cold in check. To train without a mask many though absurd, but to me it was an irresistible challenge.

And I loved a good challenge.

Climbing out of the water I replaced my mask, staring at my mangled armor as I crouched there in the snow, water with dripping or steaming off my hot body. The color had faded, much of it had scratches and gashes, and what was in one piece was horribly mangled. Why did we wear such obtrusive armor? It wasn't like we were organic; we had metal outer covering as it was, and self-repairing at that, something armor didn't do. It was bulky, expensive, and depending on your fighting style, it could even get in the way. Yes, it DID save me from that fall, but I placed myself in that position as it was. Taking my chest piece I stood, staring at it as one stared as a useless tool, and with a heave chucked it across the way and into a snowbank. One by one I did so with all my pieces until only the necessary ones remained. It wouldn't be long until the snow buried what little was showing, probably never again to be seen in the frozen wasteland. I was built for speed, and I would play to that. I would play to my strength. Play to my strength...

That was my solution.

What many would consider a weakness I would turn into a strength. Overly charismatic, and ego only the Makuta could match... I would use them to help me. I knew how to make a scene, how to gather attention, not to mention I thrived in it... and use that to draw attention to me and away from them. Yes, buy time. Buy them time by drawing the Makuta's eye toward me, not them. Difficult, yes, dangerous, absolutely, mad even...

Right up my alley.

I turned towards the ocean, the tiniest pinprick of light beginning to rise with the coming dawn. A symbol perhaps? That these misfits would become the island's next set of heroes? Maybe. Or maybe they along with me were just a bunch of crazy, misguided, delusional hope-chasers that would only get ourselves killed in the end, or worse.

I smiled. Maybe. But it would be be one karzahni of a ride meantime.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

OOC: Supposed to be right before Tuck's post.IC:

Leah stepped up beside Reordin and looked at him questioningly. "You know your bunk is empty, right. Not going to sleep yet?" she asked, quietly to not wake the others. Reordin loooked at her but didn't reply right away. Then she had an idea.

A sly grin crossed her face. "Tell you what, if you don't want it, I'll take it." she said. And with that, she went over to where the Ko-Matoran was supposed to sleep and let herself fall uncermoniously onto the bed of hay.

Two minutes later, Leah opened one eye to see Reordin standing over her, one eyebrow cocked and his head slanted.

"Uh...what are you doing?" he asked; when her only reply was to open her other eye quizzically, he laughed to himself and shook his head before looking down at her in disbelief.

"First, you kick me out of my own hammock with a pillow in Le-Wahi, and now this? Really?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Leah groaned sleepily. Apparently the exercise had worked its magic like she had intended. She blinked a few times, then focused on Reordin standing over her. "Yup. It comes with the rank..." she said drowsily, moving so she was lying on her side. "And I never said you can't sleep here." Her hand weakly patted the hay next to her. "Get in LT." was all she said, before turning in the opposite direction and closing her eyes, so she was on her other side and facing away from the Ko-Matoran.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Reordin opened his mouth to protest, but Leah was already asleep again, and the Ko-Matoran rolled his eyes upward and sighed with a "You've gotta be frickin' kidding me..." under his breath.

Who's gonna kill me first? Stannis or Sulov?

Either way, he plopped down on the hay next to Leah and sighed, closing his eyes.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Oreius)

Oreius was roused quickly by Reordin; the Ko-Matoran had hardly to lay his hand on his shoulder, and the former Guard's eyes snapped open. He sat up, mumbled “thanks” and stretched, his breath appearing as a faint vapour cloud in the frosty air.

Ko-Wahi wasn't exactly his cup of tea. Ta-Matoran had never really been much for snow and negative temperatures, being more suited for the lava-strewn slopes of Ta-Wahi, so Oreius found himself shivering as he walked outside to accompany Stannis on the second watch.

The landscape around was bare, mostly rock with pockets of snow here and there. This tiny village was close enough to the sea that the snow never fell as thickly as it did inland, but it was cold and rocky enough to prevent most vegetation from growing. As a result, the land was full of stone hills, cold snow, and hard soil: an austere, unforgiving wilderness.

Casting his eyes about the landscape, Oreius quickly caught sight of the Ta-Toa, Joske, climbing out of a nearby river that emptied into the ocean. It was cold enough simply standing outside; the thought of diving into freezing water before sunrise was almost unfathomable to the Ta-Matoran. He watched as the Toa shook off the cold water, than... began throwing his armour away?

Oreius had known Joske in Ta-Koro. Who hadn't? He had been a popular Kolhii champion, but he hadn't been insane, at least as far as Oreius knew. The early-morning dip had clearly addled his mind.

The Ta-Matoran wordlessly gestured towards Joske; Stannis looked and nodded once in understanding. The former Guard left his post beside the old barn and began to walk over to where the Toa of Fire was busy pulling off pieces of his armour and hurling them into the snow.

He coughed once, his breath taking shape in the chilly air, to catch the Toa's attention.

"Er... Joske," he said uncertainly. "You alright?"

Edited by Eyru Bieber

IC

"Never better."

I didn't even turn, my voice in a flat, if not frank tone of normal conversation. There a pop followed by hiss as the last piece came off, a leg attachment that I had forgotten earlier. I took a half-step back I winded up, taking three strides forward and launching this piece into space, impressive by Toa standards, let alone matoran ones. It whistled as it twisted through the air, arcing gracefully over the stream and then noiselessly embedding itself into a snow drift on the opposite side. I snorted in satisfaction, streams of vapor exiting my mask. I finally looked down to see a concerned Oreius and Stannis. I shrugged.

"What, never seen a Toa without his armor before? Not really that different; just not as bulky. Shift change?"

IC (Oreius)

Oreius shrugged. “Yeah, Stannis and I are on watch now. I was just curious.”

He was silent for a long moment, his gaze fixed on the far side of the river, where scattered holes in the snowdrifts indicated the locations of the armour Joske had thrown. The Toa was strong, that was for sure. It made Oreius a little uneasy to think that, someday soon, if Mata Nui willed it, he, too, would command this kind of power.

The whole idea of changing your entire being in one fell swoop was an odd one, and one that the Ta-Matoran didn't exactly relish. For one thing, even Takua hadn't known to what extent the Essence Stones would bestow the personalities of the Toa they came from. Oreius vaguely remembered Tahu: he was strong and bold an courageous, but twice as hotheaded as your average Ta-Koran Kolhii player, and with half the temper.

When Oreius became a Toa, would his mind change too? Would he become a completely different person? The familiar weight of the Essence Stone in his bag was a constant reminder of the uncertainty that lay ahead, but it was necessary to travel through the obscuring mists to reach what lay beyond: a free, peaceful Mata Nui.

“Joske,” he said at last. “When did you become a Toa, and how? What was it like?”

IC

I was silent for a moment, not exactly sure how to answer that question. Then again, I would have to get used to this - very few people knew that I had been transformed, and even fewer knew how it happened. Still, how it happened to me... gosh, that felt like a lifetime ago... arguing with a Toa for no good reason, then the Tarakava attacking, my idiotic attempt to draw it off... boy, that was stupid... sooooo stupid....

I found myself smiling as I stood, watching the weird chain of events play over again in my head. It just so impossible, so crazy-

I laughed.

It started small, like all laughs do. A puff of air. Then a chuckle, followed by a snort. A guffaw was next, and before I knew it I was sounding like a madman. Well, muffled madman, the snow soaking up the noise I was making. When I found I could speak again I was gazing fondly across the way, a hand under my chin, lost in thought.

"It was what, two months ago now? Maybe a little more? Anyway, I was in Ga-Koro doing what I do best; living large, loving life, hitting on all the pretty ladies, even picking fights with a couple resident toa; that is, when I wasn't playing exhibition games for the locals. Well I was on the beach with a friend when, out of the blue a Tarakava bolts out of the ocean and begins playing target practice with the village and its residents. So I did what any sane, logical, smart matoran would do - I attacked it."

I turned to look at them finally, only to see both of their jaws somewhere on the ground. "Somehow I managed to rip it's infected mask off; don't ask, that's a story in itself. I digress. Anyway, I should have died right then and there due to my injuries but a friendly Ga-Toa doctor saved my life on that beach. I was recuperating at her place when lo and behold, out of nowhere Takua of all people show up. Pleasantries were exchanged, topics of destinies and heroes was discussed and at the end of it he handed me a colored rock. Clearly not thinking straight I took at, and a few moments later I ran out of that hut fully healed and transformed into the Toa you see today... and that was the last time I ever saw him. Never got to say goodbye"

Abridged version, yes, but there was no reason to get into the details; I wasn't a good storyteller. I paused a moment thinking about Takua. "If you want to know what to expect, I couldn't tell you; I was in so much pain and partially delirious from my near-death adventure that to give you an accurate description would be a fool's errand. I would expect the experience is different for each individual anyway. What I can tell you though is the end result."

I leaned back on my feet, giving the two midgets before more a sly smile, gesturing with my hand. "The physical change is quick, sudden, and dramatic; you'll look similar, but don't be surprised if people don't recognize you for a while, or even at all. Of you're concerned that you won't be, well... you when you come out, you'd be wrong. But also right." My fingers fidgeted as I tried to come up with a good explanation. "The stone don't change who YOU are as a person, just the body. Well, no, that's not true either. Ok, let's try this: The stones don't change you, they magnify you."

The look in their eyes meant I needed to go on. I sighed. "The stones just don't work on anyone; only those that have a destiny to become one actually transform into a Toa. Therefore you're not actually changing; you're really simply becoming who you already are, what's locked up inside." I poked at Oreius' heartlight. "Which means whatever is inside, whether good or bad, will be magnified as well. If you're evil, you will become even more so. If you're good, those characteristics will be exemplified as well. Which is why it's really important that the right people get these stones. Otherwise you end up with an island that currently have; full of messed-up and power-hungry individuals. Again, I digress. So don't worry about; you'll still be you, only ten times of it. Make sense?"

OOC: Alright, I'll cave.

IC: (Ronkshou and Vidar, Hidden village in Fjord, Ko-Wahi)

Ronkshou’s face remained stoic. It was this question.

The Infected Toa presumed that it would be a wise idea to not tell Utu that Ronkshou and Vidar were sent solely in the event (or likelihood, according to Heuani) that Utu failed his mission or betrayed their cause. Of course Heuani didn’t trust this mysterious being with an interesting skillset. Still, Ronkshou knew it was wise to keep this one within his field of vision at all times, so it made since to just reveal himself and Vidar and have them work as a team.

Not to mention this one seemed to be completely lost when they met anyway.

“Heuani thrives on the manipulation and belittling of others,” Ronkshou said softly, “The truth is, this burden is far too important to put on the shoulders of one man. How we feel about it is irrelevant”

Ronkshou then felt this boat move to his right and slow down. He watched as Utu’s boat began to pass his and he looked back at Vidar, who was piloting the boat.

“This region of ice better suits our fellow hunter,” Vidar hissed. He looked around and could see that the river was getting slightly narrower, “He should take the lead”

Ronkshou nodded. He then looked around with his lightstone and noticed a few small shacks on the banks. There was some sort of civilization here, albeit a very small one. For all Ronkshou knew, they may have all left by now.

More the reason for their prey to hide here.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC (Oreius)

Oreius was silent for a while after this speech; at last, he looked Joske in the eye (which required no small amount of neck craning), and smiled.

“You're right. Know how I know? Because no one else on the island would start off describing their transformation by saying they were “hitting on all the pretty ladies”.”

The Ta-Matoran chuckled, but his smile quickly faded, his hand unconsciously cradling the Stone in his bag.

“The thing is,” he said softly. “I- I'm not sure who I am anymore.”

Oreius turned his gaze out over the frosty wasteland. “So much has happened in these last few weeks. I didn't used to really believe in destiny, or prophecies. I mean, I did, but not in the way I do now. We've travelled halfway around the island on the whim of a Matoran who calls himself the Wanderer, and he's led us exactly where we need to go.”

He glanced at Joske. “Like here. No one else thought we should moor here, but we did, and then you just happened to show up.” He shrugged. “The world looks so different now, especially cause it's on my shoulders. I never meant to be a part of all this, but, for some reason, Mata Nui chose me.

“I just don't know if, by the end of all this, I'll still be the same person.”

The Ta-Matoran sighed, his breath forming a vapour cloud in the icy air.

“I'm sorry. I don't know where that came from, but I guess you'll want to be on your way now, eh?” He looked back up at the Toa and smiled. “Got an island to save and all that.”

IC: Utu - Ko-WahiUtu smiled at Ronkshou passively. He knew there was something about Heuani that made him agree. Belittlement. He chuckled softly to himself, turning his attention to the rest of the abandoned village before him, taking the lead. It reminded him of his own village. Not for size, but location. Secluded. Wasn't easy to find either.Utu shut down his motor, his companions doing the same. He closed his eyes, willing his power over the elements to seek out into the sky. Utu breathed in deep before opening them again, bringing the weather above them as a snow fall, thick snow flakes littered the waters below as the air became colder, the air shriller.He opened them again, and turned down the fjord, coming deeper into the village. There across the way, through the falling snow, a pier stood with dignity against the still waters. Two boats. But something else that caught his eye was two figures. One, a Toa, the other a Matoran. He eyed the pair from under his hood. There was no way of knowing if they knew of his group, or if the Matoran was related at all. Heuani didn't say anything about a Toa, so chances were, this wasn't them.But in a way that would please Vidar, they'd have to check anyways. At least around the village. Both boats were small enough to house the six he was after. Looked fast too.Utu quickly willed stronger winds and wisps of snow, making a small storm begin to brew. If there was an upper hand to be had here, he had to be the one who had it. He didn't turn to his companions. They would know what to do it seems. He took a deep breath again, composing himself properly. Brow natural, eyes indifferent.Utu let his ship approach the dock as though he was to tie his boat to it.OOC:Hello Tuck and Eryu

Edited by We Are Legion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Ic: Stannis was still around the shacks, guarding the village and the sleeping companions, when the boat carrying a huge toa came into the fjord. As he saw the visage of the craft rumble into harbor a sudden shrill feeling of fear swept into his mind, shattering his aura of heat that comforted him. One of the most mysterious abilities Stannis posessed was the uncanny skill to understand when danger was close; it rarely ever failed him. He evaded view from the toa on the boat and scampered stealthily behind buildings towards Oreius and Joske."Gentlemen," he said softly to desguise his voice in the gentle lapping of waves on the black sand, "I sense that this is part of the great danger I felt would come. Oreius, we'll have to leave. Now. Go wake the others."