Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image


Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
13844 replies to this topic

#13281 Online Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,675 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 10:58 AM

[color=#800000;]IC: Eniblad - Outside Ambages' Home[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]It took Eniblad a moment to stop panicking about the sudden burst of light (and by extension, to get his feet firmly back onto the ground), but when he did so, he was calm enough to try and work out the best strategy to find out what had just happened:[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]Ask Genno.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"Genno, what was that?"[/color]

 

-Void


  • 0

#13282 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

  • 1,461 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 04:00 PM

OOC

Arg... I hate it when I post in the wrong topic. Second time it's happened to me, with Sovos.


Edited by Visaru, Feb 24 2013 - 08:57 PM.

  • 0

#13283 Online A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 05:37 PM

IC GennoEniblad didn't get a response for a long while.The hunched over toa of fire stared up at where the light had been, trying to make sense of what had happened. "I don't know," he muttered. "Maybe it was some Vortixx screwing around with a flashlight. But the burst was so strong..."
  • 0

1322709438521.jpg


#13284 Online Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,675 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 06:07 PM

[color=#800000;]IC: Eniblad - Outside Ambages' Home[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]The amnesiac nodded slowly, before tilting his head to one side and asking, "What's 'Vortixx' and 'flashlight'?"[/color]

 

-Void


  • 0

#13285 Online A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 24 2013 - 06:14 PM

IC Genno"A vortixx is a type of spe-um, creature that is not native to this island. We don't know where they came from, but they have amazing technical sense and usually show up on theb island with strange equipment.""As for flashlight, it's some sort of device that can produce light on its own. Don't ask me how it does that though."
  • 0

1322709438521.jpg


#13286 Offline Nia Teppelin

Nia Teppelin
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

  • 1,787 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 12:35 AM

[color=#000080;]IC:Kai ~Ko-Koro Morgue-ish Place~[/color]

 

[color=#000080;]"Well, anything drastic and/or strange and unusual happening would be a great place to start."  Kai glanced around, keeping an eye out for any wandering guard members.  "Also, can't you like, burn the place down or something?  That would keep the Guard from noticing one less body..."[/color]

 

[color=#0000cd;]IC: (Alrin)[/color]

 

[color=#0000cd;]The idea of destroying the morgue rolled around in my mind. My first words were going to be "Absolutely not!"[/color]

 

[color=#0000cd;]However, how in Karz was I going to cover up Kai's faked death? If I left the place like it was, they would catch onto us. I didn't want to put my people through another problem either, which would be the rebuild of this place. It was also shatter that fragile sense of security again. Everyday it seemed like Ko-Koro had just barely built itself back up, only to be struck down again.[/color]

 

[color=#0000cd;]I also knew that we'd be dealing with much larger threats than just a few well-placed explosions. If all these awful events were happening, then it seemed like someone was planning something big. The Guard would just slow me down. I rubbed my eyes in frustration and annoyance. Time was short however and I needed to make a decision.[/color]

 

[color=#0000cd;]"Alright." I whispered. "You and are going to get a few Madu Cabolo along some of the oils we confiscated in storage, today's basically a skeleton crew except for me and a few others. Let's do this fast and get out of here. I moved to the doorway, and gently pushed the door outwards. Looking around in the hallway it was good to see the coast was clear. I motioned for Kai to follow.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]IC: (Valria)[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]I had been standing there awaiting my answer from Iulius when all of a sudden my eyes were blasted by a brilliant golden light. It took me a few minutes to recover from...whatever that strange occurrence was. When finally my vision seemed to be returning to me, I looked to LoJak and spoke to the obsidian armored Toa of Fire.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]"Might have been, but what was that?" I asked, moving closer to the entrance. I shrugged, slightly frustrated that blast of light disappeared as quickly as it came. A shame really, because there seemed to a warm, comforting glow. I stood waiting for the rest of my team, I was getting a little antsy, maybe because the more I stood, the more I would reflect. Reflecting, that would open up a whole host of problems I wasn't yet willing to deal with.[/color]


  • 0


gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg


#13287 Online A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 08:45 PM

IC: Merla

Merla sat down in the snow, next to her staff. Reflecting on how little the team seemed to be getting done, she finally gave voice to her thoughts. "We haven't had the best run, have we?" she asked, shaking her head. "I mean, first we mess up in Ga-Koro, then in Onu-Koro, then we're running around the island looking for these masks, and now we're back here, not doing anything. What is going on?" She reached down to the staff, attempting to pick it up. "And what is all this business about these 'Golden Weapons' anyways?" she continued as her fingers began to clasp around the shaft of the polearm. "Who is this 'Reaper', who was that Matoran, and what is this all about?" Merla was utterly confused, to say the least. She had no idea just what was going on, and if she didn't know, she couldn't act. The prospect of not being able to stop evil from happening simply because she didn't know was infuriating. Added to the fact that she was now a wanted criminal...

 

Then a bright flash of light hit her. Staggering back, she shielded her eyes. "What was that?!" she yelled.

 

IC: Thliveros

Looking towards the east, Thliveros stood solemnly at the village walls. A flash of light in the direction of the Kini-Nui had caught his attention; whatever it was, it wasn't normal. But there wasn't anything that Thliveros could do about it; Matoro had asked him to remain in the village for security purposes. He couldn't just abandon his post, could he? Sighing at the way things were starting to turn out, he shook his head and continued to watch.

 

IC: Sur

"What was what?" Sur asked in confusion at Valria's statement. Unlike many of the other beings on the island, Sur hadn't seen the flash of light; her back had been turned towards the Kini-Nui. She did feel a slight change in the lighting, but it wasn't like she was blinded or anything; she hardly noticed a thing.


  • 0

1322709438521.jpg


#13288 Offline brother-in-lawford

brother-in-lawford
  • Members
  • Metru Nui Restored

  • 12,331 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 01:49 AM

[color=rgb(0,128,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]IC-Iulius:[/color][/font]

 

[color=rgb(0,128,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]"Likely something dangerous," Iulius replied. "Especially judging from where it came from. Makuta himself probably can't make light burst forth like a sun, seeing as he's generally the opposite of that idea, but if somebody can, and they're in that area, problems may begin to arise." He quickly grasped his staff, gesturing to the cave's mouth.[/color][/font]

 

[color=rgb(0,128,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]"Quickly, to Ko-Koro. They've been left without homes and protectors long enough, and I fear now they may have need of the latter."[/color][/font]


  • 0

#13289 Offline Toa Fanixe

Toa Fanixe
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 06:46 PM

[color=#b22222;]IC:[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]Iulius spoke before LoJak had a chance to, providing a satisfying answer to Valria and Sur's questions as well as finally giving direction to the group.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"I couldn't agree with you more, Iulius. With as powerful display of power like that, it may be that Mata Nui is becoming a far more dangerous place to live. Meaning our jobs have just become a lot harder. We'd best hurry."[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]LoJak turned towards the exit and saw Valria standing there, anxious and somewhat glum. [/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]It looks like the scars on her face aren't the only marks her past has given her. She seems worried, maybe about her own inexperience or the upcoming battles. What she needs is confidence, but that's something built over time. Still, the best beginnings are the ones that start now.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"That is, if we are to fulfill our destiny and become a Toa Team of Legend!" LoJak said looking at Valria, a reassuring smile on his face.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]Around him, the others readied themselves and began to head out of the cave towards Ko-Koro. Towards the future.[/color]


  • 0
Quiz by TheQuizzery.com


You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much
Which Barraki are you?

#13290 Offline Nia Teppelin

Nia Teppelin
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

  • 1,787 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 09:15 PM

OOC: Alright I don't think first person is doing it for writing Valria. Back to third person.

 

[color=#ee82ee;]IC: (Valria)[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]Destiny. She wasn't sure if she wanted to believe in it or not. Was it destiny that decided all the things that happened to her friends and her? No, no, no, I don't want to think about that now. Every time I think about this, I go back to that same place. I don't want to go back there. I don't want to. I don't...I just need to ignore it and it'll go away. Valria smiled back at LoJak and followed the black armored Toa out of the makeshift cave. Despite their earlier activity Valria already felt her skin growing cold from the icy temperatures. Mainly due to the time they spent talking and resting in Kaiapo's temporary cave. She rubbed her shoulders, maybe when they finally got to the village she could look into work to get some armor. Given that the rest of her possessions had been lost in the fire back in Ta-Koro, not even the cloak that offered the impoverished Toa some protection from the elements had survived. Yes, she had armor, but it was the armor Telric had "given" her and he had clearly not given his slaves armor to protect anything. She wished she was rid of it already, but it was really the only possession she had now. The only bit of armor or clothing she had. She was stuck with it.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]Yes work, that would be a good idea, then she wouldn't have to ask her allies for help. They wouldn't have to worry about her. She wanted to be counted on by them, to be there, to be helpful, and dependable. Neither of which she had felt so far when compared to the others.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]Kaiapo was caring and capable of leading. He always seemed to put you at ease while he was around. If anything he was obviously the second-in-command of their little group. Iulius was the leader. He seem smart and self-assured. Perfect person to be in charge. Sur, Sur was a healer, she had healed Valria's wounds and likely many others. She was so friendly and charitable. She was already a great Toa like the others. Quada, new and rather quiet so far, he still seemed capable and he had gotten the group up to speed in Ga-Koro.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]Then there was LoJak, a Toa of Fire that was not only such a warm person to their group, but was also resourceful. He had been nice to Val, helped her keep warm in their trek through this Wahi. When she sparred with LoJak he didn't baby her, like others had before. She didn't want to be the one others had to carry anymore and he seemed to understand that. Something few really did. Overall what did a useless Toa of Gravity have to offer beyond a one time heroic act? She didn't know.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]Valria did her best to shrug off those thoughts. She didn't want to spend as much time thinking as the scholars in Ko-Koro did, staring at the stars instead of focusing on the now. The snow was deep, and cold, reaching as far as the Toa of Gravity's knees. Valria could swear she saw some of her lavender skin turning to a blue hue. Wind carried a bit of loose snow and blew it straight into Valria's path, caking the unfortunate Toa of Gravity in snow. Valria's teeth chattered and she rubbed her shoulders again as well as doing her best to brush off the snow. Somehow hoping that would keep her warm. It didn't.[/color]


  • 0


gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg


#13291 Online TX Wade

TX Wade
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

  • 4,070 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 10:00 PM

[color=#808080;]IC: Alfon - Ambages' House[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]Okay, I'm bored. Don't get me wrong, sitting on some rich guy's sofa in his mansion for free's pretty luxurious and all but I was doing nothing and this investigation was lasting something awful. The worst part? No one was talking. The air felt tense after how things played out: everyone had their guard up, military presence had its effect and the ILF was treading on some mighty thin ice.[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]I miss Ledzel. Where in Karz did you go, buddy? [/color]

 

[color=#008080;]Man, I needed a drink. Already was I on my feet at the thought, scouring the building for some of the architect's finest liquor. I ended up with an old bottle, its contents a magnificent dark crimson and boy oh boy, did it ever taste good. It didn't take long for its effects to kick in, dulling my senses a little yet not affecting my alertness and inhibition. I stared out the window, observing two Toa who were apparently stuck to us for the time being. Only then was I blinded for the briefest of moments.[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]A brilliant, almost heavenly light lit up the sky for several seconds, bright as the sun itself. And then it was gone simply like that. What in Karz was that? I'm not drunk...am I? I stepped outside, the frosty weather greeting me with bone-chilling winds biting at my skin before settling beside both Toa I'd been staring at earlier on.[/color]

 

[color=#808080;]"You guys saw that, right?"[/color][color=#008080;] I asked, handing the bottle to one of them.[/color]

 

OOC: Bored post is bored.


  • 0

#13292 Offline Shadow_of_Angmor

Shadow_of_Angmor
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 10:59 PM

[color=#00ccff;]IC: Korato[/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]Okay, one more... [/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]With a heave from his arm, Korato sends one of his javelins flying towards a small, fur-covered rahi. Mid-throw, a gust blows across the drifts and alters the path of the wooden object, causing it to stab into the snow directly next to the rahi. With a startled screech, it dives into its burrow. Sighing, Korato walks over and retrieves his tool, then looks at the burrow.[/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]"Heh, you got lucky little fellow. Next time, Mata-Nui won't send in a breeze to save you."[/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]Slinging a sack over his shoulder, Korato heads back to Ko-Koro[/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]Once at the village, Korato makes his way to the market, dropping of his daily catch, the way he has for years. After collecting his share of money, Korato starts walking to his house down the street.[/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]OOC: open for interaction[/color]


  • 0
"Peace. The word sounds close, yet it's still out of reach. Is there no stop to the endless cycle of war?"

#13293 Offline -JL-

-JL-
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,597 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2013 - 11:24 PM

OOC: Interaction.

 

IC: [color=#696969;]Argentum[/color]

 

[color=#696969;]Step.[/color]

 

[color=#696969;]Step.[/color]

 

[color=#696969;]The Toa of Magnetism walked through the streets of Ko-Koro; already, news of the 'Big Flash' was already going around the village of ice. As he walked in the direction of Kini-Nui, he accidentally bumped the shoulder of Korato.[/color]

 

[color=#696969;]"My bad. I wasn't paying attention.....Did you see the light?"[/color]


  • 0

 n

  (╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013


#13294 Offline Shadow_of_Angmor

Shadow_of_Angmor
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 10:38 AM

[color=#00ccff;]OOC: thanks![/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]IC: Korato[/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]Oh, look. Another clumsy Toa. By the time Korato turned around, Argentum was already apologizing.[/color]

 

"My bad. I wasn't paying attention.....Did you see the light?"

 

[color=#00ccff;]"Don't worry about it. Not the first time someone has stepped on me because I'm smaller."[/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]It's not that Korato doesn't like this Toa, minus the fact he bumped into him, it's just that he doesn't trust Toa due to him being inferior. He shuffles his feet when he realizes this Toa has A LOT of weapons.[/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]"I'm not sure what light you're talking about, unless it caused a gust that could misguide a javelin."[/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]Now that he thought about it, Korato thinks he might have seen a slight flash earlier, mistaking it for the sun peeking through some clouds.[/color]


Edited by Shadow_of_Angmor, Feb 28 2013 - 10:39 AM.

  • 0
"Peace. The word sounds close, yet it's still out of reach. Is there no stop to the endless cycle of war?"

#13295 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,830 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 11:00 AM

OOC: It's night time. IC: HjalmarOut in the wastes, the Skakdi raised his freshly bloodies muzzle as a bright light filtered through the snow-laden horizon. He could tell it wasn't the sun, whatever it was. Although he was curious about whatever it was, he merely returned to his cave, his stomach filled.
  • 0

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky, 'cause there's footprints on the moon." - Adam Young, The Yacht Club

 

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

 

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!


#13296 Offline Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

  • 3,675 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 11:46 PM

IC (Kaiapo)

 

The newly formed Toa team exited the cave to find the blizzard had mostly subsided, with only a few flurries of snow and wind to mark its passage. With a grunt of concentration, the Toa of Earth slammed his fists together, and the earthen cave sank into the ground, leaving the barren, snowy landscape much as it had been before.

 

"Lead us to Ko-Koro, Iulius," the black Toa said quietly, his eyes fixed on the distant lands below them, where his sensitive green eyes had caught the flash. "I believe you are right in saying we will soon be needed."


  • 0

2013

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<3


#13297 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

  • 16,118 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 11:57 PM

IC: [Quada]

 

"That was really flashy," muttered Quada, blinking several times to make sure he could still see properly.


  • 0

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

 

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146


#13298 Offline brother-in-lawford

brother-in-lawford
  • Members
  • Metru Nui Restored

  • 12,331 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 10:37 AM

[color=rgb(0,128,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]IC-Iulius:[/color][/font]

 

[color=rgb(0,128,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]"Northeast of here is a trail," Iulius told the group. "Just past that ridge right there. It's the fastest way to Ko-Koro, but it's a bit of a climb." He then turned, looking on the team of Toa following behind him.[/color][/font]

 

[color=rgb(0,128,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]"If any of you think you can't make it, there's a guard's outpost a bit west of here, on the main trail to the Koro. Whoever among you thinks they aren't up to the first trail, then you should go along that way and make sure they know that something might be happening, and we'll meet you by the Koro. Understood?"[/color][/font]


Edited by The Otter, Mar 02 2013 - 10:37 AM.

  • 0

#13299 Online Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,675 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 11:15 AM

[color=#800000;]IC: Eniblad - Outside Ambages' Home[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"Yup," Eniblad replied quickly, hoping to impress this new person, "And it was may have been a Vortixx screwing around with a flashlight!"[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]Following up with a huge, childish, slightly disturbing smile, the Toa yanked the proffered bottle away from Alfon, mimicking the Vo-Toa's earlier interaction with it (albeit it without the grace of an experienced drinker).[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]From a scientific standpoint, that action led to a huge success; proof that Peho Eniblad did not have a future in alcoholism. Of course, like anything, the experience itself was liable to bias, but generally when the subject spits the spirits back up almost immediately, a conclusion is pretty simple to reach.[/color]

 

-Void 


  • 0

#13300 Offline CUPCAKE SEAL

CUPCAKE SEAL
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

  • 2,146 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 05:08 PM

IC: Koratu

 

Koratu surveyed the interior of his shop, named The Silver Muaka. The dark wood walls and floor let off a distinct aroma. The shop was currently free of customers,  so he mentally took inventory of his merchandise. On on wall were various engraved knives and short swords, which were generally not intended for use in fighting, instead sold as decorative items. On the other wall hung furs and other items, and various small items of value were arrayed on tables in the middle of the room.Business had been rather slow today, and he wondered when a customer would arrive.

 

OOC: Open for interaction.


  • 0

1374699346m_THUMB.jpgmouthseal22.jpg

VOTE 4 CUPCAKE SEAL^^

Titans and Monsters entry: Gorvox

 

Vote here: http://www.bzpower.c...014#entry595571

 


#13301 Online TX Wade

TX Wade
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

  • 4,070 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 07:29 PM

[color=#808080;]IC: Alfon - Outside Amabages' House[/color]

 

[color=#808080;]"Seriously? No waaay!"[/color] [color=#008080;]I replied with faked awe, my sarcasm shadowed to all but those who knew me for the clown I am. Quick as a cat, I snatched the bottle out of the Toa's hands in one deft movement, handing it over the other gentleman instead. Something told me I didn't want to see a naive, goof of a firespitter get drunk in the middle of a tedious investigation.[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]But any other time? Karz yes.[/color]

 

[color=#808080;]"Eniblad and Genno, right? I don't believe we've properly met. I'm Alfon."[/color]


  • 0

#13302 Online A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 07:54 PM

IC Genno*facewall*Fortunately, the toa known as Alfon managed to fix the situation before it got out of control. Breathing a sigh of relief, Genno turned towards the big toa. "Yes, Genno is my name," the once-Ta-Toa replied. "Pleasure to meet you, Alfon."
  • 0

1322709438521.jpg


#13303 Online Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,675 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 08:49 PM

[color=#800000;]IC: Eniblad - Outside Ambages' Home[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]With the acrid taste of alcohol still burning the inside of his mouth, Eniblad could only grimace as he extended a hand out to the new arrival.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"Toa Peho Eniblad. It's good to interact with you, Alfon."[/color]

 

-Void


  • 0

#13304 Online TX Wade

TX Wade
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

  • 4,070 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 09:17 PM

[color=#808080;]IC: Alfon - Outside Ambages' House[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]You're welcome, Genno.[/color]

 

[color=#808080;]"Pleasure to meet you guys."[/color][color=#008080;] I spoke, acknowledging Eniblad's hand with a firm shake while making myself a mental note on his distaste for alcohol. Doubtless he'd make a good drinking buddy however.[/color]

 

[color=#808080;]"So boys, what brings you to the madhouse of the IL- is that a Parakuka?"[/color] [color=#008080;]I inquired suddenly, just having noticed the parasitic life form clinging onto Genno's back. I inched myself closer to the muscle man, inspecting the creature with an almost child-like curiosity. [/color]

 

[color=#008080;]I've seen my fair share of them at Pala-Koro, and believe me, I have, but it never ceases to amaze me just how hideous these things are. I can't possibly imagine what it'd be like to have one, sucking the life out of you while trying to be your friend. [/color]

 

[color=#008080;]Scary stuff, kids.[/color]

 

[color=#808080;]"Can I touch it?"[/color]


  • 0

#13305 Online A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 09:27 PM

IC: Genno

"Uh-oh," Genno thought. That was all that he could think at the moment. He had taken every effort to cover Ronin up and still he was busted?

 

"Yes," Genno sighed, pulling down his hood, revealing the creature on his back. "It's fortunate that you don't have him as your host. Ultimate snark champion, parakuka division, right here." "Don't you even think about touching me, fatso," Ronin tried to hiss. Of course, it only came out as "Hiss clack clack scree sssssssssss,' and so forth, but one could feel the snarkiness in Ronin's voice. To a less perceptive individual, it would seem like a threat, but to one as skilled as Alfon in the art of sarcasm, the message was clear. "He's even fatter than you," Ronin said in Genno's mind. "Don't be rude," Genno thought aloud.


Edited by Constructman, Mar 02 2013 - 09:27 PM.

  • 0

1322709438521.jpg


#13306 Online TX Wade

TX Wade
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

  • 4,070 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 09:38 PM

[color=#808080;]IC: Alfon - Outside Ambages' House[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]I narrowed my eyes at Genno, sensing the sass in the series of hisses and odd sounds. I made no effort to reply in equal, nor to probe the powerless creature, I just stood there observing its now exposed body from up close before taking a step back.[/color]

 

[color=#008080;]Charming.[/color]

 

[color=#808080;]"So what's your story?"[/color]


  • 0

#13307 Online A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 09:50 PM

IC: Genno

Sighing once again, Genno slapped Ronin on the creature's back before replying.

 

"I was part of a toa team one. Ten toa, dedicated to protecting the inhabitants of the island on a grassroots level. We weren't the big ###### heroes or anything; we were just people doing the right thing at the right time. Or at least, trying to. There was this one mission that we absolutely screwed up. A group of mercenaries were attacking Onu-Koro and we were trying to stop them. We ended up failing miserably and the tank of our group, Kraizhan, was killed. Our healer, Sur, blamed herself for his death and disappeared. So did Skaaraa, our strategist, but he had darker things in mind. Apparently there was something about that mission that drove him mad. Next time I encountered him, he was a raving Makuta-worshiper cannibalizing skakdi and causing chaos. I tried to stop him but he lured me into a cave, mortally wounded me, and shut me in. He left me with what he thought was a kraata, but it was actually this guy," I said, tapping Ronin on the back. "He saved my life; my first activation was me busting out of that cave. After that, I jut started... wandering, drifting around the island without purpose. During that time, I started training, trying to 'tame the beast'. Eventually, I reunited with one of my old teammates and lived with her for a while, but I eventually set out again."

 

"And in case you were wondering, my team hasn't gotten better. Apparently, the old team leader got drunk and got himself killed fighting five toa and two skakdi all at once. I reunited with a few of my old mates before I wandered off again, and I haven't heard from the rest since." The Ta-Toa looked down at the ground, sighing with regret.


Edited by Constructman, Mar 02 2013 - 09:51 PM.

  • 0

1322709438521.jpg


#13308 Offline -JL-

-JL-
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,597 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 11:56 PM

IC: Argentum

 

"The lethality of such light is probably 100 times more potent than the power of a javelin through a stomach."


  • 0

 n

  (╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013


#13309 Offline Shadow_of_Angmor

Shadow_of_Angmor
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 03:23 PM

[color=#00ccff;]IC: Korato[/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]"Well, if it was as bright as you claim, there is no doubt about it." Korato agrees.[/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]Huh, it was that bright? I hope no one was injured. [/color][color=#00ccff;]As [/color][color=#00ccff;]Korato pondered this, suddenly he got an urge to see what could have caused it. Well, I don't have anything else to do anyways...[/color]

 

[color=#00ccff;]"So, where did the big flash come from in the first place?"[/color]


Edited by Shadow_of_Angmor, Mar 03 2013 - 03:31 PM.

  • 0
"Peace. The word sounds close, yet it's still out of reach. Is there no stop to the endless cycle of war?"

#13310 Online Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,675 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 03:25 PM

[color=rgb(128,0,0);]IC: Eniblad - Outside Ambages' Home[/color]

 

[color=rgb(178,34,34);]Without warning, a warm hand was placed on Genno's (and by extension, Ronin's) back, attached to a Toa with a sorrowful expression. Besides that, Eniblad didn't move, choosing instead to remain still and silent, a strange occurrence for the burbly amnesiac.[/color]

 

-Void


  • 0

#13311 Offline Nia Teppelin

Nia Teppelin
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

  • 1,787 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 05:29 PM

OOC: Disregard my above post as Valria. This one makes more sense.

 

[color=#ee82ee;]IC: (Valria)[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]Valria's dark green eyes followed Iulius directions towards the ridge. The Toa of Gravity audibly gasped at the sheerness of it. Valria rubbed her lavender-coloured skin, doing her best to keep warm in. She was already missing Kaiapo's makeshift cave. Stifling any grumbling of the cold she listened to the teal Toa's next path to take. Unsure Valria contemplated the two paths forward. The sharp, treacherous incline of the ridge seemed more daunting than before. The Toa of Gravity wore a defeated expression on her face, looking down at the snow to hide it. She looked up, forcing a smile as she spoke.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]"I guess I should taken the western path. Is anyone else going that way?"[/color]


  • 0


gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg


#13312 Offline -JL-

-JL-
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,597 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 05:37 PM

IC: Argentum

 

"Somewhere in the Kini-Nui area."


  • 0

 n

  (╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013


#13313 Offline Toa Fanixe

Toa Fanixe
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 05:45 PM

[color=#b22222;]IC:[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"I'll be going that way as well" LoJak told Valria. "There's strength in numbers, and no reason for us all to split up."[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]LoJak saw that Valria was having a hard time dealing with the intense cold of the Ko-Wahi mountains, especially because of her lack of warm clothing. By accompanying her LoJak would be able to keep her warm with his abilities.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]Also, it was apparent Valria was drained from their recent bout. LoJak had pressed her to her limits so she could begin to prepare for any battles ahead, but she hadn't had time to recover. If she were to encounter an Infected Rahi along the way, LoJak wasn't sure she'd be able to defend herself.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]LoJak walked up to Valria and laid a hand on her shoulder. She didn't flinch like last time, and LoJak poured some of his heat into her. The frost on her clothing melted, and relief flooded her face.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"Let's be off, shall we?" he asked the Toa of Gravity, standing by her side and ready to walk.[/color]


  • 0
Quiz by TheQuizzery.com


You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much
Which Barraki are you?

#13314 Offline Nia Teppelin

Nia Teppelin
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

  • 1,787 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 06:12 PM

[color=#ee82ee;]IC: (Valria)[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]The warmth entered her and the frigid weather had suddenly become more bearable. LoJak had given Valria the ability to keep warm. She couldn't thank the Toa of Fire enough for this kindness and smiled slightly as LoJak decided to join her on the walk.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]"Sure. I'm ready, thanks to you." She replied, a warmer tone belaying Valria's relief. The two Toa had started on their trek westward. With LoJak she strode a little more confident as they moved through the frozen tundra. After about five minutes into their walk, Valria spoke up.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]"I wanted to thank you, LoJak." Her eyes remained forward and she did her best to keep pace with the taller Toa. A thousand thoughts flooded her mind as she walked with LoJak. First on her mind was LoJak unsurprisingly, but she was also frustrated. Frustrated by how incompetent she must have seemed in the eyes of the others. In how she needed their help often it seemed. It reminded her of how she felt with people like Kuyre or Mef. That she had been nothing but dead weight, and all she did was drag them down. She didn't even want to acknowledge the irony of that thought, being a Toa of Gravity and all. She pushed those thoughts away and awaited LoJak's reponse. It seemed anytime she spent thinking, doubt and frustration came back to strike at her. So it was best to not spend time thinking for the moment, least she raise concern.[/color]


  • 0


gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg


#13315 Offline Toa Fanixe

Toa Fanixe
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 06:27 PM

[color=#b22222;]IC: LoJak[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]"I wanted to thank you, LoJak."[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"Don't mention it" LoJak said with a smile, even though Valria wasn't looking at him. "And you should know, that was incredibly valiant of you before, giving it your all when we were sparring. I know you must not have had much practice before, and that makes your determination to better yourself even more amazing.  Don't worry if it takes a while - Mata-Nui wasn't built in a day, after all."[/color]

[color=#b22222;]LoJak knew that his words had an effect on Valria. She stood up even straighter as they were walking, and LoJak could have sworn he saw a glint of a smile on her face out of the corner of his eye. His smile grew a little broader.[/color]


Edited by Toa Fanixe, Mar 03 2013 - 06:27 PM.

  • 0
Quiz by TheQuizzery.com


You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much
Which Barraki are you?

#13316 Offline Nia Teppelin

Nia Teppelin
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

  • 1,787 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 06:47 PM

[color=#ee82ee;]IC: (Valria)[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]Valria listened to the last of what LoJak had said, nodding her head in acknowledgement. A small part of her was glad it was only LoJak that decided to come along. Lot easier to speak to the obsidian-armoured Toa of Fire. Finally she turned to him as the two Toa kept pace with each other.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]"Well it's not just the fact that I'm able to keep warm because of you. You didn't baby me in our sparring. Not a lot of Toa I've run into have done that for me." The lavender Toa smiled a bit more. "I'm glad you decided to join us, it's nice to have someone as resourceful and amiable as you around." Their walk continued on for a few more minutes, even with the directions that Iulius described it was going to take the Toa a bit longer to reach Ko-Koro. There was also the objective Iulius had given the two of them. To stop by the Sanctum outpost and check in on them. After about two minutes of silence Val turned her head back to LoJak.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]"If you don't mind me asking, what were you doing before you joined our group?" The emerald-eyed Toa asked.[/color]


  • 0


gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg


#13317 Offline Toa Fanixe

Toa Fanixe
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 07:07 PM

IC: LoJak

 

 

[color=#ee82ee;]"I'm glad you decided to join us, it's nice to have someone as resourceful and amiable as you around."[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]LoJak's chest swelled with pride, and an all-round feeling of goodness filled him completely. It was nice to be appreciated, and especially because it was coming from Valria. Her gleaming emerald eyes had a still unexplainable effect on him, or at least one he that would take a little while for him to completely understand. [/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]A few minutes passed. Finally Valria spoke up again. [/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]"If you don't mind me asking, what were you doing before you joined our group?"[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]LoJak breathed in sharply. He hadn't been expecting the question, and he had yet to tell anyone the answer. But it was an important part of him, and what had led him to te the new Toa team, to his destiny. He would have to tell it eventually if he wanted to help the people of Mata Nui.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]LoJak exhaled and took another look at Valria. He was happy she would be the first he told.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"I lost some friends in a raid on Kini-Nui a few months ago, some great friends. I grew depressed not too long after that and... I lost my way.  I started drinking, got stuck in a bar for a while. Trapped in Shadow by alcohol, kept from my destiny. Then, one day I decided enough was enough. I saw the light, sobered up and decided I would try to help others from getting into the same situation I had been. I thought I'd become a spokesperon of Temperance, and inspire the people on this island to pursue their destiny."[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]LoJak exhaled again, pleased to finally have that chapter of his off his chest.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"What about you?" he asked Valria, hoping that his story hadn't lowered Valria's opinion of him.[/color]


Edited by Toa Fanixe, Mar 03 2013 - 07:07 PM.

  • 0
Quiz by TheQuizzery.com


You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much
Which Barraki are you?

#13318 Offline Nia Teppelin

Nia Teppelin
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

  • 1,787 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 09:11 PM

[color=#ee82ee;]IC: (Valria)[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]Valria's smile froze for a second when she heard the words, Kini Nui. Memories flashed right in front of her dark green eyes. A jovial Toa of Ice, messing around. A naive yet serious Toa of Air with his arms crossed in annoyance. The backdrop of the beautiful Mata Nui sky. Oranges, yellows, and reds in the warm sky above.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]"Come on Val, ready to face destiny as a true Toa?" Words of the ice Toa ringing in her ears. She shook it from her head immediately and caught up to LoJak, listening to him as he weaved his personal tale. The loss of his friends, how all of it broke him down. How he retreated into a bottle to drink away the grief. It echoed in the Toa. Valria frowned for a second. For a second LoJak seemed to believe that she thought lesser of him, that was until he felt a hand on his shoulder. Valria had to reach up to do it.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]"I'm sorry LoJak. I...there...there are some things I've done that I'm not proud of...but you, you're strong. You back against the liquor and your depression. You're a true Toa...unlike me.[/color]" Valria said, turning her head to the front and looking down as LoJak asked about her past. She took a deep breath. Perhaps she would start with the past few months.

 

[color=#ee82ee;]"About a month or two ago friends and I were looking for a rogue Toa. His name was Telric." She spoke the name with an unintentional mixture of fear and revulsion. "We had brought him to Ga-Koro but a friend of mine, a Toa of Air had caught a disease while in the Kumu Islets. He was dying...Telric knew we were desperate, he extorted his means of escape from us with the cure. He wasn't finished however. I watched as M...I watched as M-Mef, a Toa of Earth was jabbed in the eye with a hook by Telric and watched as his skull got smashed against the side of the ship...I can still hear his skull shattering..." The Toa of Gravity paused, she couldn't go on. There was that sound again. CRACK! The Toa of Gravity cringed in reaction. It was in those few minutes of recounting she had been reduced to something much smaller. Those were parts of her life she didn't want to relive.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]Yet here she was, watching as Mef was killed in a sickening fashion. As her and Agni were too slow to stop. As Kuyre recovered from his sickness. Watching as they chased down Telric's ship. Brutalizing the Toa of Electricity for what he did to her and her friends. The retribution for all the evil he had done. All the evil she had committed in getting satisfaction.[/color]

 

[color=#ee82ee;]She didn't. All she did was sink down to his level and was lesser because of it. I should have just went with what was most recent. Now he's going to want to know more. Then he'll tell the others and then, then...then I won't belong anywhere.[/color]


  • 0


gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg


#13319 Offline Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge & BZPRPG Staff

  • 9,199 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 09:22 PM

Ic: "It's done," Kethrye said, strolling over to the architect.

 

It was not a moment afterwards that Verak apparently dismissed himself from the company. “Pleasure doin’ business with ye, and goodbye, brothers,” he hurriedly told them, saluting jauntily at Ambages and Kethye before backing himself out the door. “I’ll see myself out.” And then he was gone.

 

Other ILS members did just what Kethrye ordered them to, most people leaving the apartment to guard the exterior of the front entrance and a couple others securing the back door. One of the Ko-Koro guards also tailed the manservant just as a precaution. With a proper nod Ambages waved for Kethrye to sit across from him at the warm hearth. He bent over and slid a new log into the fireplace and prodded it into place with a poker as he said, "Now I think we can discuss this as civil men without distractions and pressures." Withdrawing himself from the fire he sat in the chair he used only an hour earlier when talking with Alyo about something very different, but the strategy was a similar one. Once again, Ambages was the master of the moment but had to feign piousness and innocence to keep leverage.

 

Ambages was a careful man; after all, one didn't succeed in maintaining a plot secret for seven centuries without a great measure of forethought and care. Kethrye's arrival was expected in a way -- the ILS's leader was anticipated to visit though Ambages thought it would be Madrihk, not this punk, to perform the house call. Madrihk was just as deliberate as Ambages and would have been able to operate as an equal, and though they would likely keep one another on each others' toes the familiarity of tactics Ambages had would have given him an automatic boost. Kethrye was wild with zeal and want for justice, which made him unpredictable and unstable, inadvertently tossing the schemer a wrench in the system. Ambages had to tread extra carefully here. It was best to start with a shot in the dark to ping the size of Kethrye's actual skill.

 

"Tell me what your needs are at this point in time?" he said, eyes square on Kethrye.


  • 0

This is the story of Ambages, the little architect that could.

 

(he thinks he can he thinks he can he thinks he can)

 

|| BZPRPG Profiles || BZPRPG Rules and Index || Pictures Topic || NM Q&A ||


#13320 Offline Toa Fanixe

Toa Fanixe
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2013 - 09:37 PM

[color=#b22222;]IC: LoJak[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]LoJak stood silent, shocked at the tale Valria was telling him. He had known that she had been through a lot - it was obvious from her scars - but the extent of the brutality that Valria had witnessed, and experienced...[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]He understood now why she always seemed slightly withdrawn, in the brief time they had known each other. The memories of her past haunted her still, clawing away at her mind and her concience. LoJak thought his life had been hard, but it was nothing compared to the the trials Valria had gone through. And she thought him a true Toa?[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]LoJak moved until he faced Valria directly, the journey paused. She still held her head down, staring at the ground. LoJak heard her sniffle, trying to hold back tears. He lifted his hand to her chin, and raised her face gently to look at him. He stared into her striking eyes, eyes waiting for him to speak.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"Listen Valria. I don't care what you think or tell yourself, or what other people tell you. You are a beautiful, strong Toa. Being a hero has nothing to do with strength or size, but rather the heart to keep on fighting to the end. To fight even when you're tired, and when you've seen things no one should."[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]LoJak paused. The female Toa in front of him waited for him to continue, hanging on to his every word as if they were a lifeboat in a stormy sea. He knew that it had taken considerable effort on her part to share her experiences with him, and left herself open to hurt if he didn't answer properly. He chose his next words carefully.[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]"Valria," LoJak continued a moment later, "you're a truer Toa than anyone else on this island. And you won't have to face your Shadows alone any longer. We will always be there for you. I'll always be there for you."[/color]

 

[color=#b22222;]LoJak pulled Valria close and hugger her. An instant later he felt her squeeze him back, nestling her head in his shoulder. LoJak waited. Sometimes, people need a long hug. [/color]


  • 0
Quiz by TheQuizzery.com


You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much
Which Barraki are you?




0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users