Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: RyzenAs Ryzen kept walking, he saw an inclined slope, with a rocky face. Weird. Wonder where that'll lead to, maybe somewhere I never went. He picked up his pace a bit, and headed there. As he climbed it, grabbing onto parts of it sticking out, he thought of many things. Why, I never knew this place existed. Then again, I rarely left the outskirts of Ko-Koro, growing up. He pulled himself up the remaining few bio, it wasn't too tall. Ryzen pulled himself onto the flat ledge. He looked over, and he found himself on top of a short cliff. Great view. If only I knew where I was. Then I'll get down. Ryzen couldn't think of anything, then he concentrated. A small ice path led directly to the ground, and he slid down it. That's better. Now I'll just keep going, he thought, walking away.

IC:

Aurel excused herself as she stood, striding into the kitchen. A half-minute later she came back out, dragging Noira by her wrist.

The Le-Toa was shaking her head, as if she was disagreeing with something Aurel said. When Noira caught sat of Iegasa, her eyes lit up, and her mouth turned into a smile. Noira gave Iegasa a poke, trying to see if he was real or not.

IC:

It was a bright afternoon. Sunlight fell through a partly cloudy atmosphere to watch the people of Mata Nui going about their lives. The sea around the island lapped in its normal patterns, turquoise under the happy light. For the most part, the Koros were peaceful on this afternoon. Matoran walked the streets performing their daily businesses – buying and selling, farming, weaving, carving – and the warm glow from on high relieved a little of the weary tension that had sat in their shoulders for too long. On such a fine day as this, with no antagonistic Rahi in sight, none of their friends on the march, it wasn’t so hard for the more optimistic Matoran to feel that the Great Spirit may have blessed them with a rare good day. The wiser ones knew better than to hope.

Somewhere within close proximity to the Koros, unnoticeable at first, there were slight tremors in the earth. Perhaps a leaf or two rustled, or a pebble bounced, snows or sands shifted. The tremors could easily have been mistaken at first for wind, but it was not long before they escalated into discernible quakes. Anyone who stood by chance over the patch of disturbed ground would have been able to tell that something under their feet was moving, may even have been able to hear a rumbling crack. The faces of the first Matoran to notice blanched, and they quickly ran back to the safety of their Koros, shouted the alarm. Nobody could know what was coming from below him or her, but by the feeling of it, it had to have been big.

With the speed of wildfire in dry grass, the fearful word of the trembling in the earth spread, and it was only a matter of minutes before practically the whole Koro was peering anxiously from behind cover at the patch of ground which, by now, was visibly shaking, tossing dust and debris about. The patches were all situated someplace easily within view, right at the doorsteps of the Koros; it was clearly a strategically placed disturbance. The noise of breaking ground was a pervasive growl interspersed with sharp sounds of fracturing rock. The Matoran watched with unconsciously held breath. The warriors among them already had their weapons ready; if today was to be a day when they would fend off an assault, so be it. The Matoran of Mata Nui may have been small, but they were not helpless against Makuta's pet Rahi.

Against what emerged from the ground, though, they stood no chance.

The final cracking noises were loud as gunfire, and the rock of the earth shattered outwards like ten thousand arrowheads, injuring any who were too close. The ground exploded completely into shards, revealing a gaping maw of a tunnel, wide enough for the passage of a legion. And a legion marched forth from the earth, arranged in the formations of a well-trained army. At the front of the columns were brown, spiny creatures wielding sharp-edged staffs. Even the Matoran who had never seen one of these frightful beings before knew that these, and the countless others behind them, were Rahkshi. The many brown Rahkshi of Shattering, which had carved the way for those behind them, screeched in challenge and exploded nearby boulders as signs of force, then moved to the back lines to preserve their strength. The others strode out on their long legs in unison step, weapons held with deadly ease.

Line by line, the Rahkshi emerged from Makuta's secretly-developed system of tunnels, a project he had set his tireless sons to some weeks ago. Each contingent had carved through the earth on their straight paths, and all had simultaneously broken through the final barriers before their targets at the order of their master. Every breed, every shape of spine and pattern of staff, was represented in the ranks, each different color interspersed at random with the others. There were perhaps a hundred Rahkshi at the foot of every Koro, each one a warrior with more speed and strength than two Toa combined. There were no forces in any Koro that could give any challenge to such a host of the staff-wielding creatures.

None in the people in the Koros moved or spoke. They waited for the Rahkshi to make the first move, but the Rahkshi, once assembled before the holes they had stepped out of, stood in still readiness. If any were foolish enough to try and brave the creatures, they were killed before they even reached the tips of the staffs. After any futile attacks ceased and silence returned to the tense standoff, the scattering of red Rahkshi of Fear began to scream, and they were rapidly joined by all their brothers. The cacophony of a hundred shrill voices curdled blood for miles around; the likes of the sound had never been heard on the island of Mata Nui. The shrieks died down after a few seconds, leaving the Rahkshi standing as they were: ready, but motionless.

The people of Mata Nui wondered how long it would be until the army that spelled their doom would strike.

test2.png

IC: RyzenDigging his heels hard into the ground, Ryzen kept walking. I am getting very bored right now. Maybe I'll get somewhere? I don't know...don't know where I am, what I'm doing, or why I'm here. Oh yes, I am out here because I wanted to go somewhere. Oh, well, maybe nowhere will be it.Ryzen kept walking. These days, he walked for a very long time. He didn't care. These days, he rarely cared anymore. But he cared that the area seems to be getting hotter. Why? He didn't know, but he cared. He was in a desert-ish area. Po-Wahi...? This is an interesting surprise. he thought, heading into the region.OOC: Ryzen to Po-Wahi.

IC- Alyo - Ko-Koro Bank

Alyo tried to calm his frantic breathing. A bit of sweat added extra sheen to his already polished armor. His money. His livelihood. His status. His life. If someone was not able to retrieve it from the collapsed bank he would lose everything.
He gulped and stared at the field of rubble, trying to convince himself that the safes were still intact, that everything was fine. A small crowd of ice white Matoran joined him, and a couple made sideways glances at Alyo. The toa of fire didn’t really care, too upset was he with the possible loss of all his credit.
But then a Toa of Earth stepped forwards, growing rapidly to a huge size with the help of his mask. He stepped forwards, and began to dig through the rubble. Soon after, the sanctum guard joined, trying to free any beings that might have been crushed by the roof.
Alyo looked in shock at the selfless acts of heroism. He was a Toa too, and his first thought had not been to help the people trapped inside. He had been worried about money. What kind of Toa was he? The answer was a cowardly one. He had never been proactive enough to help Matoran, never brave enough to do good in the world. He hated himself for it.
The Toa of fire took a hesitant step forwards, then one back. No, his help would do no good. He looked down at his shining hands that hadn’t been used for manual labor in decades. They were not hands that would do any good digging civilians out of rubble.
No, his heroism was not so blunt and obvious. Alyo was more of a refined hero, one that helped the island in more bureaucratic ways. He was taking down the corrupted Cultured Gentry with Ambages. He was his own unique hero. And he needed his money for that.
Alyo’s help would not appreciated, necessary, or even helpful. The best thing he could do now would be to stay on the outskirts of the destruction. Even though he was a Toa, he was not a hero in the traditional sense. Most Toa were-
The ground was shaking. The rumbling was growing steadily louder. It had been imperceptible at first, but now he could not help but notice it. A bioquake? At this time? Alyo stumbled a bit as he tried to keep his footing on the shifting ground. Pebbles bounced wildly and snow was shook off of buildings.
He looked back at the guard members, who were having an even harder time keeping their balance. One Ko-Matoran only barely jumped out of the way of a falling piece of rubble.
Alyo heard a few cracking sounds and looked over towards the Koro gates, which were unfortunately obscured by his position. Crowds of white matoran were rushing towards them, driven by curiosity or duty to protect the village. He wondered if he should follow them.
Them the rumbling ended with a loud, smashing boom. Alyo noticed a few chunks of rock and ice being flung into the sky. Whatever explosion had caused the sound was located just outside the village gates. Something bad had happened.
He gulped. He could sense that whatever it was, it was far worse than the collapsed bank.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: [Quada]

Soon enough, Kaiapo was joined by Quada, the younger Toa rather out of breath from his frantic run to the ruins of the bank.

"Chief, where do you need me to help?"

IC (Kaiapo)

The Toa of Earth, towering over his brother, gestured towards the vast mound of snow and ice that lay where the bank had once stood. "Dig. However you can, we need to get the Matoran out."

He grabbed another enormous armful of snow, and had turned to throw it away when a spine-chilling scream shattered the icy air, then multiplied into a chorus of terror. Kaiapo faltered, but only for a moment. Then he stood tall, his enormous black body standing in stark contrast to the sterile while of Ko-Koro. His green eyes glowed.

"Quickly."

IC:

The ILF had barely left the village gates before the end of the world rise from the ground in front of them.

Kethrye froze, as dead in his tracks as they'd be when the Rahkshi were done with them. His hand flew to his sword as he motioned a retreat through the gap they had had just exited. As soon as they were through the guards slammed the great doors down behind them.

He glanced a the surrounding villagers, all costumed by terror, although you'd have trouble discerning that fact. Stoicism had always been one of their virtues and hopelessly was something they had gotten used to. Instead they carried on with their routine, or gathered together in small, whispering groups, watching and waiting to see how things transpired. They were his people, and if Makuta was going to slaughter them then they'd sure as karz not make it easy.

The cacophonous screams of the Sons of Makuta covered the village, and Kethrye found his teeth grinding against each other within his mouth, calming his neverse. He closed his eyes, focusing, and a second later a block of ice rose from the ground adjacent to the gate, reinforcing the walls. The change would only slow the Rahkshi a few seconds, if that, but it was a start.

The ILF leader turned to the nearest Matoran, a group of obviously inexperienced guards. "Get me the captain, and as many of the Sanctum Guard you can find. Spread the word, we need every able bodied warrior ready to fight. The darkness destroy us, but he can't destroy our unity."

Edited by Javert

OOC: Okay, fine, editing.

IC: Hjalmar - Ihu-Koro

The sound a chilling scream caught Hjalmar's attention. There was something distinctly unnatural about it. Casting a longing glance at the golden weapons, he left Ihu-Koro at a jog and headed for Ko.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OOC: Hjalmar would've heard it, though. And known something was happening.

IC-Iulius:

"Quickly is the correct adverb in this case, Kaiapo," Iulius rather calmly observed. "For we appear to have some of the meanest visitors possible." Raising his voice, he turned towards the village.

"All guards not currently engaged in the capture of those who instigated the bank's robbery and destruction, make a hasty trip to the Southern Gates! Rahkshi are here to attack, and you're now being called upon to defend your homes and your friends, all those about you! Make haste!" Turning to Kaiapo, he nodded at the Toa of Earth.

"I'm going there as well, to help lead the efforts. I have some small experience fighting in the snows...Once you have finished in your efforts, lead the others to me. I fear it shall not be long until your aid is needed."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: (Valria)

I was close behind Quada and without even saying a word I focused my powers on the ice and stone, lessening their weight for the time being. This time around it didn't seem to take a lot out of me as it had done before, that was probably the adrenaline that was pumping through my veins right now. I was focused, determined to save my people, the people of Mata Nui.

You see there comes a time in a Toa's life. A point in which you have to make a choice, you can pick the safe route. You can go home, live a normal life, start a family and just enjoy life as you should. You can be concerned about yourself, you can effectively roll over. It's not really a bad thing, it's just a different path. I knew what my path was, when I heard that spine chilling scream and the cries of fear, I realized that in that moment that I was needed now more than ever.

I told myself I was weak, that I would never succeed, but with people like Kaiapo, like Quada, like Sur, like Lojak, and Iulius. This was a team, a team that I was honored to be on. A team of Toa who actually behaved like Toa, who didn't let all this island's evils break their spirit. I dug harder and faster, flinging the rocks and ice out of the wall, until I come upon a matoran, aching and screaming from the pain.

"SUR! We need you now!" I yelled above the cries of the matoran. I moved on, digging deeper and deeper, but hearing that scream a pit formed in stomach. We were going to be caught between saving the people trapped her or fighting off whatever monster laid beyond the gates of Ko-Koro. I ignored those thoughts and focused on digging people out. That was the most important thing right now, then we could focus on the next threat.

Edited by Master of Masks

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC Thliveros"Bad bad bad bad bad..."The Anzaros hastily grabbed a sword, an axe, and a lance off of the armory wall. Flying out of the room, he charged straight out of the guard HQ, franctically looking around. "All units!" he shouted. "Let's go! Red alert!" Running off to a lookout tower, he analyzed the situation. "By the Silver Hawk," he muttered to himself, before dropping down from the tower and dshing towards the gate.IC GennoThe massive warrior rose to his feet, still reeling from the shaking earth and the flying debris. His glaive now shattered beneath his body, he found himself weaponsless and caught off guard.Not that any of those would matter given who he was facing.A whole company-or was it battalion?-had mobilized outside of the village gates. Standing perfectly still, they didn't seem to show any signs of advancing. Still, they were a threat. A threat that needed to be removed.A toa had dropped their axe in panic. Genno picked it up; just the right size. Twirling the massive weapon around, he strapped it to his back. "Well well well," he muttered.IC SurSur immediately went into action. Rushing over to what used to be the bank, she willed her power to go forth. Vines began to grow underneath the debris, lifting off chunk after chunk. "What is the meaning of this?" she thought franctically. "Why?" As her vines continued to push, her arms also went to work, liftting chunks of debris off of the broken building.

IC- Sovos - Ihu-Koro

Sovos’s eyes opened when he heard the scream. It was faint, so faint he thought he might have imagined it, but the unnatural tone was too unusual to ignore. The tone made you tense up and grimace, like the sound of nails scraping roughly against rock. It was loud and shrill. Sovos could not help but pay it mind.
He sat up and looked at the snow outside and the bright sunlight. There were the golden weapons in the snow, and a Skakdi was walking away towards the sound’s source. What was that sound? Was it the Reaper enacting his plans? The result of Sovos’ failure?
The memory of his failure was still too strong, and he sobbed. If this was it, if this was his fault, he would never be able to forgive himself. He had to see what it was. Perhaps he could stop it. Perhaps he could redeem himself.
Sovos frowned and shook away his tears. He would be a warrior. He would not be weak. He could prove to himself that he was not useless. He could still defeat things, save people. It was time to remember his role.
Sovos was a killer, but a holy one. He was the dark champion of Mata-Nui.
The Matoran strode out of the hut, wiping frozen tears off his Kanohi.
It was time to prove it to the world.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

OOC: Forgot about this is all the Rahkshi fun.

IC(Kaerhi):

Kaerhi took the packet, tore it open, and dumped it in his teacup. He then lifted the tea kettle and poured himself some. With some caution, he took a drink.

His face turned a pale green as he quietly spat it back into his cup, hopefully without anyone noticing.

Well, I'm never drinking tea again.

WIP

IC: (Aryll/Bar District/Ko-Koro)

Aryll knew that sound. In all his days in the ILF, he'd fought the Rahkshi twice. Twice, in the jungles of Le-Wahi. Now, he was out in the middle of the frozen wasteland of Ko-Wahi, surrounded by what sounded like hundreds of enraged Makuta servants. New 'friends' be darned, he had to survive. Bidding goodbye to his new companions, he walked around the Koro, barking orders at hapless guards around the bar district. Figuring he needed a drink, he barged into a small pub, and downed a shot of vodka. Aryll then began to run, run towards the gate.

That was when he saw Kethrye, and the ILF he'd effectively abandoned. Slowing down, he came towards them, a grin hidden by his hood.

"Why hello, Kethrye," Aryll said calmly. "Fancy meeting you here."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC:

"Aryll," Kethrye nodded. The ILF leader was not all that acquainted with the Toa of Lightning, he had kept to himself all his time with the team, but that didn't Kethrye from smiling at the reunion. Aryll, even discounting the ILF's standards, was professional, which was exactly what they needed to have even the barest hint of a chance. "I wish we were meeting under brighter circumstances."

IC: (Aryll/Near Entrance/Ko-Koro)

"Likewise," Aryll said.

He looked around at the Madrihk-less ILF with a mixture of contemplation and happiness. Though, the look of happiness was just hiding his disappointment at the organization, specifically the disappointment at him not being its leader. They seemed to him to be a bit more rag-tag then he had left them, but still workable. He figured they would make fine defenders, fine soldiers when pressed into a situation as dire as this. He and they needed to find out what to do, how to make this chunk of ice survive.

"Now, I have to ask a couple of questions," he said businesslike and calm. "How many do we have? What are they willing to do? And do we have any wounded?"

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

OOC: Short post, but that's all i have time for at the moment.

IC:

"Me, Alfon, Vompran and a couple of others are here. rest are scattered across the Koros, dealing with the exact same problem we are," Kethrye replied. "No wounded, and the Rahkshi haven't made a move."

Edited by Javert

IC: Riversong (in an inn, talking to Marrak)

The commotion caused Riversong to start suddenly, nearly toppling her teacup in the process. She had always been rather high-strung, and it didn't help that the noise had been of distant ground splitting open, followed by some sort of animalistic chorus of screaming that reminded her all too much of the hated "brain slugs". Obviously this was more than just an avalanche or other natural disaster.

Leaping from her seat, the Toa of Water made for the exit (curious as to what was going on outside) - only to stop, realizing that she should probably see if Marrak would follow. She turned around and made a "come here" motion to him, saying, "We should probably go see what that was. Although if you don't want to come, I understand...after all, we hardly know each other."

IC: (Aryll/Ko-Koro)

"Then I think it would be wise to find the highest ranking Sanctum Guard around, or else organize the guard ourselves," Aryll said. "The ILF can't fight this battle alone."

Edited by Mr. House

"Then I think it would be wise to find the highest ranking Sanctum Guard around, or else organize the guard ourselves," Aryll said. "The ILF can't fight this battle alone."

"So, you worked out all your problems?" asked Elysi, lazily walking up to Kethreye.

IC:

"Yeah, right," Kethrye replied,narrowing his eyes in a "yes, thank you for stating the obvious: expression that was, unfortunately second nature by that point. "That's exactly what we've done. The captain should be here as soon as someone gets a message to him." "No," Kethrye said turning to face Elysi, who seem to share her brothers knack for abruptly reappearing from the ether. He jabbed his thumb towards the wall, and by association the Rahkshi horde. "Soon as we sorted out some of them a horde of them drops in uninvited, without even bothering to warn us beforehand."

Edited by Javert

IC (Kaiapo)

The Toa of Earth followed his own advice, moving as quickly as he could to excavate the ruins of the bank and rescue the Matoran trapped beneath. His stature increased twofold, he had been able to move huge armfuls of snow at one time; now that Valria had affected the area with her power over gravity, he was able to move even more.

But would he be fast enough? Though the team was working as fast as they could, the shrieks of the Rahkshi still lingered in the icy air, chilling their spirits more effectively than any blizzard ever could. With every moment that passed, the more likely it became that Makuta's sons would attack before the Matoran could be rescued.

Then, upon scooping up another armful of snow and ice, he uncovered the first of the Matoran. The Ko-Matoran seemed to be unhurt; he thanked Kaiapo as the Toa helped him up and out of the debris. Encouraged by this victory, the team continued, working as hard as they could to free the rest before time ran out.

IC (Jin)

Oh, karz.

Karz.

Take my word for it: there's nothing worse than finally dragging yourself, shivering and half-frozen, through Ko's gates, only to feel an earthquake, and turn around to see an army pouring out of the ground. Hearing a scream split the air that just about finishes the job of turning you into a frozen corpse.

My Ussal was as tired as I was; I ditched it and moved further into the village. Everywhere I looked, people were running around and calling out orders, trying to put up defences as quickly as possible. Good for them and all, but that army outside the gates had looked an awful lot like an army of Rahkshi, and, if half the stories were true, no amount of defences would hold back even a few of the devils for just a few minutes. Against hundreds...

Yeah, there was no chance.

That decided, I figured my quickest plan of action had to be to figure out why Caerus had sent me up here, get it done, and get out as soon as possible (if it was possible to get out. I had a nagging feeling that the Rahkshi might have blocked the exits, in which case I was stuck here, doomed to die with a bunch of scholars and prophets. Yay).The only problem was that I didn't have a clue as to what the blasted poet wanted me to do.

The scroll was long since burnt to ashes, but I've got a half-decent memory, so I called it up and muttered it under my breath as I moved through the village.

Trophy of the elder strong, of stone

Held in land of snow and frost and ice

Architect of sinking island's groan

Make all haste to aid him in his plight

So... I was looking for someone who'd architected a sinking island. My thoughts went to Aurelia first, but Bry and I'd seen her in Onu before I'd left. It wasn't her.

Unless... unless the person I was up here to help wasn't the mastermind herself, but one of her minions. The poem was confusing enough: I couldn't tell if the whole thing was about one person (trophy, architect, him), or about multiple things. The second approach seemed to make more sense, so I figured that was my best way to go. Find an accomplice of the architect. Help him do something about a trophy. Whee.

That still didn't get me any farther, though. The poem didn't make any mention as to how I was s'posed to find the guy.

I thought about it for a minute, still walking in an attempt to look like I had somewhere to be (people standing still in an emergency draw too much attention), when something clicked. Maybe the guy was the architect. Nobody had ever said that Aurelia had come up with the plan on her own. Maybe she had some smarty-pants Ko-Matoran who'd done all the math for her, and actually engineered Kumu's destruction.

It was my only shot, so I went with it. There wasn't enough time to second-guess myself; there were Rahkshi at the gates.

As a Ko-Matoran ran past, holding a spear and a shield, I held out a hand, my eyes wide and voice breathy. "Excuse me! I'm looked for the architect's house!"

The guy didn't even blink as he slowed and pointed. "Ambages. Follow that road. Biggest house in the Koro."

Then he was gone again. And so was I.

In a moment, I was at Ambages' house. It was easy to find: biggest house in the Koro. I knocked at the door, hoping the guy was still home and not locking himself in the Sanctum with the rest of the civilians.

IC: Hjalmar

Before long, the Skakdi warrior was within eyeshot of the Koro. His eyes narrowed at the sight of the Rahkshi. Hundreds of them... Didn't look like they were coming out of this one smelling good. Half walking, half crashing, he came through the rear entrance of the Koro. It looked like some fighters were conglomerating a ways away. So with that, he lumbered over to them.

"Hey, do you have some sort of plan? I'll pitch in," he said as he drew near.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Incommodo (Ko-Koro, presumably they've left the hospital at this point because other stuff happened and I know most of you probably aren't glad to see him but still, this is probably dragging on too long and I have a character limit in my mind so I'll have to cut it off sometime soo

"So I hear there are Rahkshi," Incommodo commented, looking at Arkrak and rather successfully disguising the fear in his voice.

Rahkshi were not a good thing. Rahkshi on many, many levels were not a good thing. Incommodo didn't want to get involved with Rahkshi. Rahkshi killed people. They'd killed a ton of people in Po-Koro. And that was only, what, three of them? He was pretty sure survivors involved in the fight were now claiming that it was twenty-three, but he felt fairly certain that the original number was three. Maybe four. Some one-digit number like that.

The Rahkshi outside Ko-Koro were not a one-digit number. They were not, Incommodo suspected, a two-digit number either. No, these were three whole digits of trouble, and Incommodo wanted nothing to do with them. "You think we should go help to fight them?"

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill