Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Hau rolled his shoulders and relaxed his muscles. Ozone crackled as his chain hissed slightly.The toa finally nodded. "Yes. I am ready."OOC: @TB3: Naara will interact with Jotham next post.

Edited by Pein

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC: @Pein: Thanks.IC: JothamJotham decided to practice using his elemental powers. Looking out on the lake, he concentrated on a certain point about ten bio away from the cliff. Slowly, a column of stone rose out of the water. Jotham paused, his breathing slightly heavy from the effort. Then he concentrated on the newly created pillar, and it began to twist itself around into a spiral. Several portions of the rock broke off and crashed into the water, and soon the column appeared to be a completely natural formation. Why had he created the pillar? Jotham had no idea. But it gave him satisfaction to see what he was able to do.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC - Sucogu - Training HauSucogu nodded to his apprentice. He felt slightly awkward towards having one in the first place, but wouldn't let that get between the fact that he had promised to train the young warrior. He wasn't into the jazzy type of new martial arts where the entire pool of techniques were resemblant to dance moves- no, Sucogu was and always would be an old fashioned man. That was how he had been born and raised, and in effect how his legacy would continue."I've never known a fire that didn't begin with a flame, or a storm without a drop of rain. The moral of the statement: you can't have the magnanimous without the minute."The master elementalist raised his palm heavenward. Above it, a slowly forming sphere of electricity began to crackle roughly. The more he concentrated, the more it condensed. It became small and smooth above his grasp. It became smaller before Hau's eyes, down to the size of a marble."As you have proven, one often misjudges what isn't large or attention-grabbing. However, the minuscule things are what make our world so complex."The orb moved above his head, where he let loose the wild charge. It glowed brightly, crackling with energy. Just when it would be expected to explode, it conformed into a straight blast into the sky. The power was incredible, especially hailing from such a small source. Sucogu smiled wisely."You see, there is a key principle many fail to understand: it is often the smallest things that are the most important."------------------------Speaking of small things, Kol Uskey hung above an icy pit. He had (multiple times) tried to get loose, but the chains wouldn't give. He snarled as he thought of Hiemalis. The being's words rang through his head without cease like a bad Matoran matching band.You are mine.It burned inside of him, his malice. Not only had the fiend taken what was his and been an arrogant fool, that wasn't enough. Apparently, he felt the need to hang him by the feet over a ditch he saw not the bottom of. Even if he did manage to survive the fall, he would never get out. He had definately been right. The worst part of his position was the confusion. Why has he been allowed to live? What was Hiemalis' purpose? He didn't understand. Cripple the Usaalry by taking down their bravest member? Flattering, but doubtful. An attack on morale was more likely.But why, oh why, was he still alive? Surely if he had wanted to discourage the Onu-Koroans he could've left Kol's cold dead corpse at the doorstep of Koskium's hut. Surely that would've been more effective. Uskey had been forced to cross that out on the list. He couldn't find enough evidence supporting it. On the other hand, most things hadn't made sense lately. Kol took a deep sigh. This would be a long night.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Ic: Hiemalis gazed skyward at the hapless prisoner he now owned. He would leave him there until morning, he decided. If the matoran lived to see the sun rise again, then he would know he chose the right one to capture, like a fruit ripening on a tree. But while Kol pondered his purpose in life, Hiemalis already knew long ago.He had baited the trap in the mines, of course. He knew the Koro would send its finest to the rescue, and he carefully had even chosen Goolu the miner to be the one to deliver the distress call to the turaga. He was the youngest and the most observant of the miners, and his energy would be conductive to getting the right troops. Once they arrived, he toyed with them, waiting for the right moment to strike, and when Kol Uskey started to attack the undead miner on his own, the separation was just what Hiemalis wanted. In a fell swoop, he had reduced the Koro's best to the Koro's most depressed. And once they returned to the Koro and reposted what had happened, he would just wait. While Kol may think that his removal from the Force was meant to demoralize the group due to the loss of their strongest member, the truth was it was demoralizing to the while village because the group had been so useless. Hiemalis had picked his battles carefully and chosen the right people for all the jobs. It couldn't have been done without his contact, either.As for Kol, his first purpose was over. Hiemalis had him, anyway; that was the primary goal. The second goal, however, could only be authenticated if he lived through the night, the cold, frosty, deadly night. The chances were slim, but only time could tell the outcome.The Lord of Winter turned away from Kol's wriggling form high above and disappeared in his cave.

IC: SavinaSavina nodded, though she had no idea just how painful having her bone realigned was gonna be.

IC - Naru - Ko-Koro hospitalThe Toa of Ice looked at the Ko-Matoran, as if expecting something. What followed was a short, typical, stilted Ko-Koro exchange."...""Well?""...I don't follow.""The anesthetic.""No.""Why?""No point.""She'll be in pain.""Only for a few seconds.""Still...""You are wasting time.""All right, then."Without much warning, the Toa grabbed hold of Savina's still extended arm, switched on his Mask of Vision again, and twisted gently. Naru shivered at the vague cracking sound that followed. Savina's entire form shifted remarkably, a silent expression of pain on her face. The doctor was quick to exchange his mask for the one of Healing, however, and as promised it only took a few seconds before its power flowed through the broken bone.The pain must have faded pretty quickly -- or perhaps it was just too overwhelming -- for Savina didn't scream even once during the short minute it took to fix her arm. When he was done, the doctor replaced his original mask and checked the internal structure again."All done," he said. "Good as new. But be more careful with it."OOC: In case you were wondering, I put your character through this sequence of broken bones and brief pain as a friendly punishment because she dared interrupt our conversation earlier. :P

IC - Kol Uskey - Hiemalis' CaveKol kept thinking. What if the Toa of frost was trying to tear down military defenses one by one by one? What of he was just a single one of many who had been in this very position? What if, when he died, he would be dumped into a pit of rotting skeletons to join their horrid ranks? It would make perfect sense. No one made home think more of Makuta more than the cruel Toa. The one who slaughtered happy-go-lucky miners for evident fun. Just like something Makuta would orchestrate. Uskey hung there all night long. He shivered his frozen little way through the first horrible hours, until finally resting. He didn't get much, though, as the cold soon reawakened him. The only reason he was alive was because he was a battle-hardened soldier. He had never actually been to Ko-Koro before, and now he knew he never wanted to go back. But his question was, would he ever get the chance? Or would the Matoran soldier die the property of this evil scum? The property, if effect, of Makuta.-------------------He made it by the skin of his teeth. Most of his limbs didn't function properly, or were so very cold he couldn't feel them. Was that frostbite on his fingers? The morning offered some warmth, but mostly a small storm that blew in and bit at his back. All this time, he felt not the urge to beg on his knees for mercy. Not the urge to just finally die. No, he wanted Hiemalis to die. He had imagined so many ways already. Coming too close to Kol and falling into the hole, somehow escaping and jumping on his back to choke him to death, stabbing him with a sharp icicle, even pushing him off this mountain somehow.Someway, somehow, Hiemalis would die.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: hmmm. Sledding into a conversation is not something I would recomend in the future. :PIC: ZaukHe cringed at the cracking sound that followed the doctor twisting Savina's arm. That had to have hurt a lot.He knew it did, breaking a bone was something you remember.

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: :PIC: SavinaSavina's eyes were all watery from the pain. The pain was gone now, but the memory of it was still there. But at least her arm was better. "Thank you..." She managed to say. She turned to Naru and Zauk. "Can we go now?" She said with pleading eyes.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: JothamJotham stood up. Glancing around, he reaffirmed that he was alone. Turning to the newly created column of rock, he concentrated on its top and the edge of the cliff. Slowly, a bridge of stone began to grow out of the cliff and out of the pillar, the two protrusions eventually meeting in the middle. Jotham stepped cautiously onto the bridge, glancing uneasily at the water below. Continuing forward, he came to the pillar only to discover that it was not quite wide enough for him to comfortably stand on. Calling upon his power of stone, he expanded the top of the column and stepped onto it.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Hau nodded. Only the discipline he had learned as a martial artist and his wish to please Sucogu kept him rushing to try that move."Do you wish me to try to create a similar charge?"Naara kicked up through the thin ice. She had just been taking a particularly long swim within the lake's icy liquid. Now the toa would continue her training on land.She stretched on the shore. The I'Rohu needed to keep her body flexible.Including her element.The water at the base of the pillar began to swirl. It was beginning to form into a tendril...

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Ic: The sound of soft rumbling shook Kol's chains slightly, and the sound of crunchy footsteps followed. Hiemalis conjured a narrow pathway of frozen steps that intercepted Kol's position. It was on these steps that he walked on and crouched down near Kol, though safely out of any swinging the matoran could do. Kol was blue from the cold and his lips, hands and feet as purple as the armor he wore on his shins.The sound of whipping wind that whistled through the snowy mountain passes was the only noise either heard save for the gentle tinkling of the chains in the breezes, the sole artificial sound. Hiemalis had stood on the promontory to admire the visage many times before, the vast white landscape possibly the only art he truly enjoyed, its starkness and blankness fitting to his empty and frigid heart. But perhaps the matoran, helplessly hanging next to him, could also be considered art. He was being chisled by the dark toa one chip at a time, and the sheer hatered within the small soul was palpable."You survived," Hiemalis finally said. It wasn't a complement as much as it was an insult. Kol had lived, paralyzed and powerless, and despite his solitude, the cold could do nothing more that disturb his scheming he doubtlessly suffered. He waited for whatever wit Kol could still muster through his frost-bount mouth.

OOC: Ya....I've got no clue if they're still there or not, let's just act like there not until they post saying otherwise. :PIC: SavinaGrecko had been waiting outside for them. Savina pet him as they walked toward the hut. "Maybe, I don't know." Savina said. She was in a much happier mood now that she was out of that hospital and her arm was better. "I still need to figure out where this Ambages lives, that's where my friend Sou went..." She yawned, apparently more tired that she let onOOC: Don't remember if Wraith had left the tower or not but here goes, I'm a coming for Hiemalis...muaahaha!IC: WraithWraith had left the witches at the tower, he had to continue his patrols. After a few hours of walking through the snow. Wraith stopped and surveyed the area from his position, not even realizing how close he was to where Hiemalis was nearby.

Edited by Snelly

IC - Naru - Zauk's HutNaru let Savina enter first, then she quickly grabbed Zauk and whispered:"Is she staying too?"The Toa of Plasma felt a sting of annoyance at possibly having to share Zauk's company with someone she knew even less about.

IC - Kol Uskey - CaveKol heard the voice of his captor. His eyes flipped open, and the hatred in them was easily seen. This was past hatred. He despised the Toa. The one who'd come back to taunt him. The one with the tainted soul. Kol's soul was beginning to be just as tainted at this point. Tainted with feelings and thoughts he should never have had. Ideas that would otherwise have never come to his mind."Ya' mus' look real special ta' yer frien's," he spat, "Ya caught a Matoran."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: ZaukNaru had pulled him aside.He shrugged, "I don't know. I don't even know if her friends are still here. I can't really tell them to just leave though..."He looked at Naru."I'd rather not have them stay here, I've only got two beds."He walked inside and asked, "You guys have a place to stay?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Ic: Hiemalis grunted in response before raising his hand and releasing the pulley. The chains rattled quickly as Kol suddenly sank, still on his leash, into the chasm below. To him, the white mountains turned to terrible morning shadows as the wind whippes up past him, the unreal terror of his descent terrifying him more than he could have ever thought possible. The bottom of the ravine, deep and obscure, came into faint view to him, and Kol was certain that he would meet his death as he fell hundreds of bio in mere seconds.And then, the chain stopped, whipping him back and forth. The links dug deep into his skin, pressed against his armor and hurt him physically as emotionally. The side of a mountain was nearby, and as Kol looked, an ice platformw as conjured there. Suddenly, Hiemalis' dark form, further shaded by the shadow of the mountains, landed there as agily as a bird of prey landing on a branch. In a fit of cruel rage, he lifted a flail of ice crystals and whipped at Kol's body with vicious force. "Are you dead yet!?" he bellowed, his crackling voice booming across the narrow confines of the ravine. "No, you're not!" The sharp edges dug into Kol's muscles, the frozen appendages not bleeding much but hurting to demonic levels. "You are not dead! You think you're not special? You think it is not a trophy to have the likes of you? The fact that you still live and those you see at the bottom of this chasm are not is proof to both of us that your captivity isn't trivial."Sure enough, if Kol sharpened his eyes and batted the frozen tears away, he could see the bones of the dead at the bottom of the chasm, dimly lit by primordial blue light, blue like Hiemalis' eyes, that glowed through ice banks far below. They appeared to be moving, too, like worker ants scurrying in a glass cage illuminated only by their scientist observer's cyan lantern. "Their souls are still restless," Hiemalis said softly. "Your soul, however, is far more precious in your body."

OOC: How did he hear that? Zauk was outside. I'ma gonna edit a IC. What EW said.IC: Zauk"Yeah, sure you did," he said, not really liking the Toa of Fire.He put his hands on his hips, "Well you can't exactly stay here, I don't have a lot of room. But I could give you guys widgets to buy rooms in an inn."He added, "That is, if you need it."

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC - Kol Uskey - CaveA little bit of him died as he fell, deeper into the hole. He knew now he would not survive this. He prayed a silent apology to Mata Nui, sorry that he could no longer free his island. He closed his eyes, waiting... "Ahhhhhh!" he cried out in pain as the chains dug into his skin. Blood dripped into the chasm. He screamed again as the whip made contact. His vision went blurry as blood rushed into his eyes. His head hung back. He might as well be dead."Are you dead yet!?" Hiemalis screeched at him.Looking up, the Matoran somehow forced a grin to his bloody lips."Tha' easily?" he choked out defiantly.He looked down at the dead corpses, that were not as fortunate as he. Or maybe more fortunate. They were free...weren't they? He wasn't sure anymore."Wha'," he choked, blood dripping from his lips, "Do ya' want from me?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC - Sucogu - Training Hau"Something of the sort, yes." he replied. He appeared thoughtful for the next few seconds. When he finally did speak, he had thought on his words thoroughly."Then we shall spar- I need to see what you can do."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Ic: Hiemalis stopping flailing Kol, instead throwing the whip down the ravine and reaching for the chains above Kol, grabbing them and pulling Kol to him. His ugly face was even more frightening from all the shadows on his many-faced mask, his brilliant blue eyes becoming the single most dintinguished feature. Despite his own chilliness, his breath formed mists as he spoke. "I want you to join meeeee," he said in a breathy, raspy voice. "I want you to share the conquest with meeeee. But before that, I want to break you, build you, shape you. I want your destiny."Suddenly, Hiemalis' head snapped up, as if he, like an alpha predator, had caught a scent and mentally scoured the area for the stranger. Almost as hauntingly swift as he had come to Kol's level, he vanished, leaving Kol dangling on two-hundred bio long chain. Hiemalis was nowhere to be seen or heard, and the sound of the wind through the passes was all Kol had for company once more.Ooc: To clarify something, they aren't in a cave at all at this point. They haven't been for a while. They were at the start, but when Kol was yanked by the chain, he was sent flying through the hole in the cieling of the cave, which in truth is little more than a caved in portion of the cave itself. The chain was connected to a ledge high above the cave, and the cave, and the opening, are on the side of a mountain, next to which is the great and deep chasm Kol is currently precariously hanging over.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC - Kol Uskey - CaveKol wanted to back away. There was just the small issue of him not being able to. He glowered at Hiemalis, putting up as much of a fight as he could against his fear. It was tearing him up inside, this whole ordeal. Why couldn't he just die and be done with it...? No. That wasn't how it worked. He would keep fighting until the inevitably bitter end. He would do for Sulov, for the rest of the Ussalry, and for those who had fallen under to unrelenting doom. That was why he was fighting."I'll join you..." he said, spitting blood into Hiemalis' face, "When Karz freezes over and melts into an ocean."He braced himself for whatever pain Hiemalis would dish out next. He wouldn't give in. After all, the difference between being brave and being arrogant was when it came down to what happened when no one was looking. He owed the island that. He would never give in. Never fall on his knees. Hiemalis wouldn't get that satisfaction from him. He'd have to go capture someone else, but not this Matoran.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Savina"I lost count after a few decades..." She said sheepishly.

IC - Naru - Zauk's hut"Sorry for asking, but why did you live there for so long? Was it your phobia that drove you to it, or did you slowly get it from being isolated all that time?"

Ic: Hiemalis stuck around long wnough to give Kol the satisfaction to speak, but in a flash of ice, he blocked the bloody spit with his sword, rendering the only disgrace Kol could possibly land ineffective. He lingered one second more to gently slice open Kol's left hamstring with his razorlike sword before disappearing. Then, almost as hauntingly swift as he had come to Kol's level, he vanished, leaving Kol dangling on two-hundred bio long chain. Hiemalis was nowhere to be seen or heard, and the sound of the wind through the passes was all Kol had for company once more.The lord of winter had detected a foreigner there in the shadow of his mountain, and so had baited a trap. As Kol screamed in pain from his new wound, his voice would carry in the surrounding area, doubtlessly attracting the intruder. And as Hiemalis vanished into the soft snow embankment nearby, he would have the opportune place and moment to strike.

OOC: Whoops, it's not a cave, my bad, I don't know how I missed that, I even read that post before. Derp.IC: Wraith - Chasm -Wraith heard a scream coming from behind him in the distance, it was more of an echo. He dashed off to investigate. He came upon a vast chasm. He could have sworn he had heard a scream coming from this way. He stood over the ledge, where he saw a chain dangling over it. He began to walk over to the chain.

Edited by Snelly

Ic: Hiemalis remained silent and motionless, completely hidden by the deep snow on the bank of the mountain. His eyes were squinted, making the once telltale eyes narrow to the point of being invisible, his breath barely disturbing the snowflakes around his mouth as much as the wind whipped up here and there.The sound of footsteps could be heard cruching through the snow, their intensity increasing as the intruder came nearer. Hiemalis wouldn't make a move, though, until the stranger stood on the very ice platform Hiemalis had created next to Kol's bleeding, dangling form. Once there, however... he might consider striking.

Edited by EmperorWhenua