• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Ghostbusters Project Passes Cuusoo Review

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,300 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2014 - 11:51 AM

LEGO Cuusoo has announced that the seventh set in the fan-driven line will be a thirtieth anniversary Ghostbusters model based on <a href='http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/36088' target='offsite'>this submission</a>. You can watch the video and read the full details on the <a href='http://blog.lego.cuusoo.com/2014/01/30/fall-2013-review-ghostbusters/' target='offsite'>Cuusoo Team Blog</a>. Additionally, they announced that the female minifigure set is still under consideration, but the other sets from the fall 2013 review period will not be produced. It looks like the 80s generation is really having their way here; what's next - Beetlejuice? Labyrinth? RoboCop? The Princess Bride? Willow? Bill and Ted? Blade Runner? E.T.?

View the full article

#2 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,474 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 30 2014 - 12:51 PM

It's certainly a well done project and it's nice to see something at this level finally get produced as a set.  It's also interesting to see their decision on how to handle two similiar projects in one review cycle.  I hope that they consider quality at least a bit in it, although both projects were fairly similiar and well done.

But with that said, I'm probably not going to pick this one up just cause I'm not a huge fan and it's bound to be pricey... but I am looking forward to their decision on the female minifig sets.  B-)

:music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#3 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,906 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2014 - 12:51 PM

...what's next- Beetlejuice? Labyrinth? RoboCop? The Princess Bride? Willow? Bill and Ted? Blade Runner? E.T.?

YES. Someone needs to get on this like right now.

Oh and good for Ghostbusters, I guess. I would have preferred to see the female minifigures or Road to Oz go through, but since there's still an opportunity for the former I suppose there's always next time. I'll be pulling for that one or the Japanese Architecture.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2, Jan 30 2014 - 05:51 PM.

kellssunset.jpg

BZPRPG Profiles

#4 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,188 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2014 - 05:17 PM

Boooo! No FTL or Wizard of Oz! :(

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#5 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,103 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 30 2014 - 11:15 PM

I'm interested to see what the final product will look like. I'm not the biggest Ghostbusters fan, but I still think the set will be cool.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#6 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,409 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 31 2014 - 11:28 AM

I am secretly hoping for a Modular-sized headquarters despite the really awesome fire hall from a few years back.

Wait, that didn't really happen

Sorry, let me get rebooted

This is where the plot gets a little convoluted

~Bionicle, 2015

#7 Offline The Kumquat Alchemist

The Kumquat Alchemist
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 56 posts

Posted Jan 31 2014 - 02:37 PM

Ooh, if this gets produced, I may have to shell out whatever outrageous sum is demanded for it; I love the minifigures in this set, and I also greatly enjoyed the Ghostbusters film. Think of all the fun vignettes one could make with these little plastic Ghostbusters!

Get out of my dreams, Freud!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users