Superstars

25K Now!

"It would be highly appreciated if thanks was given for my ingenious idea of reviving you all. It is not everyday when one is brought back to life."

"Sidorak. Shut up before I shove my blaster into your mouth."

It had been much easier leading the Mangai, decided Lhikan, as he continued to direct his rag-tag group of companions through the ventilation shafts of the facility they had found themselves in. While they were all highly capable fighters, the formerly deceased Turaga wished that they could put aside differences and work together to find the truth behind how they had returned to the world of the living, and what exactly were they doing in this strange structure. However, nothing seemed to be able to stop them from leaping at each other's throats.

"Both of you be quiet," he chastised wearily. "We do not want to alert the Kestora, do we?"

Indeed, the threat of the purple-and-black beings were the only thing keeping his group united in purpose. Lhikan had seen them skitting through the shadows every once in a while, but learnt nothing of them other than their name. At first, they had not done much to him or his companions, but rather recently they had started attacking upon sight. In fact, he had nearly died (again); it had only been the surprise appearance of a sentient plant that had saved his bacon.

Speaking of the sentient plant, the Turaga of Fire did not exactly know what it was, and it had been rather coy with revealing its identity and original purpose. Reminded him a lot of Makuta in fact: both of them were highly smug and pretentious. Thank the Great Spirit that the Makuta was not here with them. He would hate to deal with his killer. Very few people could stay in the murderous being's presence for long periods of time without going completely mad.

"This criminal does not deserve to claim credit for our miraculous revival," growled Hydraxon, former (although some would argue that his clone was still really him) warden of the Pit, Hand of Artakha (yes they were disbanded millennia ago) agent, and all-around butt-kicker. "Let the Kestora come. I will use our little Visorak king as a weapon."

He was also highly aggressive and possibly a little deranged, but don't tell him that.

"Please, try if you wish," replied Sidorak with a harumph. "But I doubt you would be able to do so."

Sometimes, Lhikan wished that he had his old team back. Naho may have been overly prone to discriminating against mutants, Tuyet an ambitious and evil madwoman and Nidhiki a traitorous green spider monster, but they had managed to work together despite such flaws. This team failed to do so. If there was somebody out there who could control such a team, the Turaga of Fire knew he was not that somebody.

Maybe it would be for the best if he found a horde of Frostelus to massacre his companions. His nerves were beginning to fray.

"If you two do not stop arguing right this instance I will personally feed both of you to the next Kestora patrol we meet!" he roared angrily, twisting his head back to face his companions. "Understood?"

A blunt metal rod jabbed into the side of his mask.

"That can be arranged," said the Kestora in front of him.

The last of our wayward heroes, a sentient plant of dubious morality, spoke up for the first time since they had first crawled into the ventilation shafts in an attempt to avoid dissection by the mad scientists that were the Kestora.

"I believe the phrase here would be 'game over'?" offered Karzahni in a rather helpful, or to some, unhelpful, tone.

• Upvote 1

Oh lordy, I wish this was longer. You're so good at pitting together completely different characters and make them fuss at eachother. I really enjoy the banter between them. :D

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

Very good, it's rare to see such a well-written prose comedy. It never felt like it was dragged or forced. Will you be making more chapters?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!