Gangs of Metru Nui

Padishah Mehmet II

IC: Kayn: Ko-Metru

I turned around to the voice of the Toa of Iron, Leraj questioning my troubles. It seems that the Circle didn't wan't me all on my own out here, but him? I'd heard that he was a bit on the more anti-social side but at least I wasn't on my own. Leraj must have seen me create this badly structured chair out of boredom, however, I'm sure he has better things to do than listen to my suspicious thoughts.

"Oh, it's nothing important." I said in reply to the Toa's query.

He seemed to be disappointed by my lack of appliance to his question but I didn't want to squander on the subject.

I thought I might as well liven the mood.

"It's nice to have a little company around, especially out here." I said to the well-armored Toa.

Leraj gave a slight nod, acknowledging my statement. He wasn't the most anti-social Toa I've met, so that was a start.

I wondered if I could maybe loosen his tongue by asking him a question that he would need to do more than just nod to answer.

"So, Leraj, why did Vakama have you come and see me?" I asked, now in suspense for an answer.

Edited by Toa Kayn

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

OOC: What works in bionicle canon does not necessary apply in this RPG, Toa of Ice are meant to make things colder, not warmer. You should play Toa of Fire for that.

I can guarantee the GM will say the same thing :)

IC: Skyra

I looked up as I heard the sounds of crackling and the formation of icicles. I activated my Hau as they fell toward me, they made awful crunching noises as they collided with my shield, but I managed to maintain the shield. This battle was becoming both mentally and physically taxing however, I needed to end this soon.

The Ko-Toa had been expending quite a bit of elemental energy and probably was becoming tired as well, as soon as the icicles were no longer an issue I took aim with my rifle. Each shot drained a bit of my elemental energy but at this point I just wanted to take this guy out, and take him out fast. The Toa was expecting me to fire my weapon once again, but instead he found a small cyclone forming around him, threatening to pick him up and throw him across the cavern as it grew in strength.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: (Aglesis)

Aglesis activated his mask again, hoping to hurl Iceblade even harder into the wall.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC Leraj

(Ko-Metru):

Leraj was silent for a few moments before answering. "He wanted me to keep an eye on you. It's not safe for a member of the Circle to travel alone outside Ga-Metru, no matter how silent Ko-Metru might be."

IC Vilu

(Onu-Metru):

Vilu was startled by the quickly forming cyclone around him. This was not something he could use a Hau against (besides, he was beginning to get tired from all the usage of power) so he instead grabbed the closest object he could reach in an effort to resist the winds. Unfortunately he caught something that was not attached to anything - a display case with a Krana in it - and thus flew with cyclone, uncontrolled. He braced for impact by folding into a fetus position but still hit the wall hard. Luckily no body parts were broken, but he felt dizzy.

"You do realize you're fighting in vain, don't you?" Vilu taunted Skyra, rubbing his aching head. This was a psychological fight as well as a physical one.

OOC: Does that mean Toa of Fire can't make things cold by absorbing heat?

OOC:

Aaaaaaand, that's my cue.

My fellow staff and I have discussed the matter, and cold energy isn't valid. This game, as most do, runs on more realistic sciences than canon. Cold energy does not scientifically make one ounce of sense, and if you consider the ramifications it has on how heat works, it simply causes too many problems.

You're not in trouble, as this has not been ruled on previously, but this is the staff's ruling.

EDIT: Ta-Toa can make things cold by absorbing heat; That's simple science. But doing it with another person's body heat is very difficult, and likely something the staff will not allow.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: (Iceblade - Archives)

Iceblade was ready for it this time, however, and countered. The Crast could not repel more than one object at a time, so he formed a large piece of ice to intercept the force of the mask. When it came flying back at him, he simply shattered it and he continued to fall. He slashed again, this time for Aglesis' s chest.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

"Haha! Not safe? I was originally a Toa of Ice you know." I joked, in reply to Leraj's answer.

Vakama knew fine well that a Toa like me didn't need their hand held in a place like this. Was there a possibility that Vakama had become suspicious of me?

I didn't like the thought of that. I heard that the last person to do wrong by the Circle was being hunted, I was sure it was a Toa of Air or something. Poor guy.

Leraj smirked at my previous "joke" but that was all he was giving.

Getting up off of my seat, I grabbed 'Typhoon', getting ready to continue the scouting mission.

"Hey, Leraj, you coming?"

I collapsed the earthy seat to cover my tracks and headed on my way towards the nearest observation tower to check it out.

Edited by Toa Kayn

IC: Calerix (Archives)

The Toa who had threw a Katana was escaping. Calerix didn't really care all that much, as long as he went and left that was fine by her. She gave him a telekinetic push towards the area he was inching, and while she kept an eye on him, she also looked for another opponent to deal with.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

[iC - Truakhia] / [Onu-Metru]

OOC: Just to clarify (you mention a "small group" being targeted, but also the sphers being aimed at Truakhia), he is presently alone, on the outskirts of the main group.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: The small group being the circle formation that Vengeance called that the start. It's quite a large target, so he went for Truakhia specifically, as part of the Fury formation.

IC (Hatann): The metal pipes around him creaked and groaned, moving in on themselves, and Hatann too felt the pull of magnetism on his metal parts. Acting quickly, he threw himself sideways, off his pipe and out into the empty space above the gangfight. Even so, he was being pulled back into the imploding metal framework. To really get away, he had to create a gravity well out in front of himself, and then fall into it as the pipes behind him gave way. That left him hovering in space with nothing but the darkness of the unlit hall for cover. Cover... no. In a burst of impulsiveness, he broke even that and lashed out with his laser vision, aiming at a cluster of fury soldiers below.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC: (Aglesis)

The slash opened a gash under his shoulder before being blocked. Aglesis raised his axe, and tried to rise. Sword was caught in wood. To try and disarm the Toa, Aglesis sent cold energy into it, trying to freeze the weapons to one another.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC:

The Frost Beetle turned, momentarily, from Jarros - who still lay on the ground - to Vilu, who was currently fighting Skyra. The Toa with the wounded leg that the Frost Beetle had been speaking to. Still releasing a primal, bone-chilling hiss from its spiracles, the large, bulky insect started lumbering towards Vilu, its large, viciously clawed arms swaying dangerously in the air as it walked over - and they were still pointed directly at the Toa of Ice. As Skyra stopped firing for the moment the Frost Beetle took the small time to cross the last bit of distance in a sort of leap, landing next to Vilu, after he had (presumably) dodged the rifle's shot.

"Why does the Ko-Toa attack, hmm? Why does the small one fight?" it asked, the hiss - only slowly dying down - underlying its words. "Does the small one wish to anger Manaka?"

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Kapa (Archives-where all the current craziness is)

Kapa felt the mental push, but a glance at Calerix yielded that she made no move to attack. Besides, he had been pushed toward his goal. He started making his way slowly toward his lost katana. Once he had both he would be much more capable of a fight.

2xu8Ptu.png

OOC: @Geardirector: "Baranx"? Funny how things turned out for him. :P

OOC: Yeah. I claim copyright of the name, if you will. ^_^

IC: Baranx (Dún)

"Fine," Baranx replied bluntly and dismissively, "I probably have some patients to tend to anyway"

Baranx followed Nuadh down from the tower, before breaking off in a different reaction towards what passed for the Northwind's hospital area, even before he could see it did he swear he could groans of agony as injured warriors fought with injuries inflicted by the Circle.

He took a deep sigh as he walked in.

"Alright, let's see what you whippersnappers have gotten yourselves into this time"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Vilu

(Onu-Metru):

"A talking bug?" Vilu said in confusion at the frost beetle that had just lumbered over to him and started a conversation. In all his days as a Toa, Vilu had never seen anything like that. Before the Rahi could answer however, Skyra began firing at Vilu, who hopped around and dodged all the blasts he could, while he blocked the rest with the force field of his Hau. He was tiring fast and his advanced age didn't help matters.

Vilu glanced at a statis tube nearby. It contained a Kraawa, one of the more troublesome Rahi of Metru Nui. The Kraawa was known for its tendency to turn all force used against it into an energy that let it go. Making his decision fast, Vilu swung his battle axe at the tube, attempting to free the creature and distract Skyra and the frost beetle.

IC Leraj

(Ko-Metru):

Leraj nodded. "I wouldn't have come here in the first place if I could just leave you alone."

After a while of walking in silence, he asked "So how exactly did your element change?"

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC:

One of the plus sides of being a large creature with long arms was the fact that you had quite the reach, compared to the smaller beings around you. The Frost Beetle, taking advantage of that fact, reached out with its arm - it had been jumping around to try and follow Vilu - smacking its large, sharp, and armoured claw into the flat of the battleaxe, knocking it down to the ground and away from the Kraawa.

"Stop fighting!" the creature bellowed, then, anger present in its voice.

profiles i guess

I knelt down and picked up the battleaxe as I approached my new friend and the Toa of Ice. I was honestly a little surprised this beetle could be all friendly one moment, and enraged the next.

The Toa was no longer in any real condition to fight back, I came upon him while he was distracted by the roaring Frost Beetle and swung the battleaxe down at one of his legs, intending to embed it right in his shin.

IC Vilu

(Onu-Metru):

"Sorry, I don't negotiate with seafood", Vilu muttered as he proceeded to kick the beetle. His attempts were foiled by Skyra attacking from a different direction, using Vilu's own battle axe.

"I don't negotiate with anyone from the Fury either", he said, leaping out of the way and holding a karate-stance, his healthy arm and feet ready to strike as soon as either one of his opponents came closer.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC:

"Manaka is a land creature!" the Frost Beetle indignantly exclaimed. After a moment it stepped forward, and, with a heavy sigh - it didn't particularly want to hurt the Toa but it would if it had to - it swung its two heavy claws at Vilu, in a scissor attack. His only option to dodge the attack would be to duck or even roll forwards, coming into the Beetle's waiting manipulator arms, or to roll backwards...closer towards the back wall of this specific tunnel.

profiles i guess

"First of all, I'm not a member of any gang." I corrected. "Secondly, I have your weapon, you should know better than to use fists against an axe." I allowed Manaka to do the fighting, I just stood ready to swing the axe if the Blade member tried to get away, his only option was to go toward the wall.

IC Vilu

(Onu-Metru):

The frost beetle was trying to corner Vilu. He couldn't have that if he wanted to have any chance of survival. He exerted some of his fading power to yet again form a shield with his Hau. He couldn't keep this up for long before he was completely drained. His elemental energies were already quite exhausted and even mask usage required its own share of power.

"Any help would be appreciated!" he yelled at the rest of the Blades.

IC: Xaron

There was a sound behind Vilu. And suddenly, the Toa of Ice felt a Matoran land on his back. A sudden pressure was also felt as Xaron tightened his arm around the Toa's throat.

"I heard a call for help. And look at what I found! A Toa! And one attacking wounded people, too. Though I'm not one to talk...I mean, look at you!" Xaron chuckled softly.

"Now, unless you want a dagger stuck in your throat, I'd suggest leaving these folks alone. Ok?"

A dagger appeared in Xaron's other hand, and drew near the Toa's throat.

"It would be quite messy if you didn't stop."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

To my surprise, Leraj was interested about my elemental power. Then again, it is quite rare to have experienced two elements.

"You really want to know?" "Fine."

"Me and the old Toa team I was in specialized in mastering elemental power in any way possible. At first there was only three of us, so the Turaga that helped us discovered a complex method over the course of hundreds of years to let us accept an extra Toa stone each. We ended up having Stone with Water, Fire with Air and for me it was Earth and Ice. Ice was my original but then I had two which were equally as powerful."

I thought about those times, where me and my fellow Toa were nearly unstoppable, those were certainly the good old days. Karz knows where Pakare, Fahr and the others were.

"The fighting against the beings from under Aqua Magna got way out of control. We were all almost destroyed but a brave Toa named Uhat had to sacrifice himself. The details of how he did this is something I do not speak of."

Leraj's expression was blank so I thought to wrap up my life story.

"All in all, we all lost one of our elements, chosen at random. Lucky for me it happened to be my original."

We were in the central elevator of the observation tower we entered, heading rapidly to the top.

"Does that satisfy your question, Leraj?"

Edited by Toa Kayn

IC (Ko-Metru, Alpha)

There was frozen blood upon the ground, mixed with scattered tools and mauled bodies. An overturned transport smoked gently in the center of the carnage. Perched atop of it was a hooded figure, looking over the devastation with what could only be described as smug satisfaction. What had possessed the Blades to come to one of the least-traveled parts of the Metru was beyond Alpha, but her pack had certainly appreciated the free meal. The Kikanalo they’d had along with them had provided more than enough meat to restore her own supply and the fallen gangster had supplied her pack with a meal that’d keep them going. The feast had already ended, now her packmates were strolling among the wreckage, sniffing out any morsels they might have missed.

They’d been well-armed and armored, but they hadn’t been ready for a pack of ravenous Kavinika to come bursting out of the alleyways surrounding them. It’d been a simple matter to set fire to their vehicle and to cause the Kikanalo two of the gangsters had been riding to panic and trample the guards around them as the ambush wore on. The pack had suffered some losses, that was to be expected, but soon enough they’d recoup their losses. They always did. There was no shortage of Kavinika in the chaotic realm Metru-Nui had become.

There was also no shortage of worthless gangsters to feed them. For a moment, Alpha remembered her arrival on this island, remembered how struck she was by the towering buildings and vast crowds. She had thought she had arrived at some mythical city of the gods for the first few moments. She had been sadly mistaken, underneath it all was just corruption, festering, growing, until at last it sprang forth in the form of the gangs.

The least such beings could do to repent for their ways was to feed her pack, who had been caught up in the event just as much as anyone else. To her near-feral mind there was a certain poetic justice to it all. If the gangsters wanted to act like wild animals, then they would be treated as such. They’d learn the hard way that life in the blood red ways of nature was free and without law, it was also nasty, brutal and short to those unprepared to accept certain realities. This convoy had fondly imagined that their weapons and affiliation would protect them until they had arrived at whatever battlefield they had been marching towards. The fact that their seven corpses were now but mere skeletons, stripped of all that was digestible, proved their folly.

Alpha adjusted her gaze, looking at the twisting streets about them. They would need to leave soon, someone would investigate eventually and she had no desire to meet them in open battle. One had to stick to the shadows, rely on surprise and sudden ferocity in this Metru-Nui. Open battle would just put the pack in needless danger.
Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

[iC: Jarros | Onu-Metru Archives]

"Blades, up around that ridge" croaked the voice behind them again. Jarros, all but forgotten, floated two feet off the ground, his hand outstretched with an accusing fist towards Vilu. Both Skyra and Manaka turned to glare at him again and the Matoran on Vilu's back looked at him with a puzzled expression.

Jarros glanced all around at the people around him. "I...uh...I think he should die too. For the record."

The silence persisted.

He cleared his throat.

OOC: @Kahi - Mate, for the record the only one who decides how my character reacts to things is me. Stop bunnying my character please.

I ignored the Toa speaking behind me, never taking my eyes off of Vihu, not that he was going anywhere with a blade to his throat thanks to the matoran.

"Whatever..." I leaped forward and swung the battleaxe down at Vihu's torso, I didn't care if the matoran slit his throat or not. Either way I wanted the Blade to die, my parent's deaths demanded blood.

Edited by Yoko Littner

OOC: The small group being the circle formation that Vengeance called that the start. It's quite a large target, so he went for Truakhia specifically, as part of the Fury formation.

OOC: You'd need a pretty big explosive for that, I'm afraid. He was never grouped up in the main formation because he was a border scout.

This game, as most do, runs on more realistic sciences than canon.

OOC: Trololol... realism.

[iC - Truakhia] - [Onu-Metru]

Truakhia eyed the laser beams as his enemy... well, eyed his allies. "This will not do. There are too many Blades on the borders as it is; an attack from above would be debilitating. Better finish this."

Noting the source of the attack, Truakhia realized a crossbow bolt would be unwise. Whatever was keeping his enemy in his place would probably disrupt the flight path of his attack... he'd need something a bitter smarter than a full melee attack. Instead, he directed his powers to create a magnetic pull between the area around his target and another Blades agent on the ground below; one way or another, the two would be colliding with considerable force.

"Any help would be appreciated!" he yelled at the rest of the Blades.
"Whatever..." I leaped forward and swung the battleaxe down at Vihu's torso, I didn't care if the matoran slit his throat or not. Either way I wanted the Blade to die, my parent's deaths demanded blood.

OOC: Don't you guys realize it's too early in the plot to go murdering people? Sheesh.

[iC - Callerin] - [Onu-Metru]

Before Skyra could strike the blow, however, a bolt of white-hot flame shot out of the darkness towards Xaron's exposed back, followed almost immediately by a massive wall of blinding flame errupted between her and Vilu, forcing either recoil or incineration. It was gone almost as soon as it appeared, a blinding contrast against the darkness of the archives.

From the shadows stepped forth Callerin, her cloak glowing as she moved forwards (though seeing this would be difficult for those there, what with the aforementioned blinding light). "How incompetent do you have to be?" she asked. Her target was unclear at first, until she added, "You were supposed to be fighting Vengeance, not some fools, a vigilante, and a bug."

At least, that's what she suspected. She remembered a story the Circle had spread around about an agent going rogue and injuring her entire team, or something along those lines. The weapon and general figure matched enough, but in any case, this Toa was no Fury agent. Even if she was wrong, though, it was worth a try - the more you know about a foe than they know about you, the more they will fear you.

"To the rest of you, let him go. The Blades are only here for Vengeance, and this is not your fight."

She didn't really mind if Vilu died, either. But this wasn't a question of the logistics of keeping one Blade from dying; it was a question of preventing any others this lot took out from the sidelines from meeting their fate. Killing them wasn't her top priority, but it certainly wouldn't hurt if they were too foolish to listen.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: (Iceblade - Archives)

The Blade pushed in hard, hoping to break the already-weakened wood. As soon as he sensed the cold energy in the weapons, he diverted it directly into Aglesis's face in the form of a shard of ice. Due to the point blank range and Iceblade's high level of power over his element, Aglesis would be hard-pressed to deflect it.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Xaron

Xaron cried out in pain as flames scorched his back. He let go of the toa, and attempted to slice at him on the way down. But, the pain in his back was horribly, horribly intense. He rolled onto his stomach, to make sure that his back wouldn't touch the ground. That would hurt even more. He stood up shakily, and in an instant, disappeared from view. He held his breath, and inched away from where he was standing, careful not to hurt himself too much. He almost screamed.

Instead, Xaron clenched his teeth, and slowly took out one of his throwing knives, careful to keep it hidden.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

OOC: Well, this game has a way of making you slightly bloodthirsty. :3

Massive amounts of fire came between me and my target, I immediately recoiled, my armor's propulsion system kicking in to move me away faster. I dropped the stolen battle axe in the process, the handle had become far too hot.

So had my arm for that matter, the flames managed to lick at my arm and give it some rather nasty burns. I cried out in pain. I was quick to pull the arm to my chest and grasp it with my other arm. I pulled back toward Manaka, my only true ally in this fight.

I listened to the Toa of Fire's words, and I had to admit she was right about at least one thing, this wasn't my fight. Especially with my right arm now injured as well, I wasn't going to be able to use my rifle like this, maybe my elemental powers, but even that was sketchy. She also seemed to be aware of my status as a vigilante, a bit unsettling.

I was going to need more of those pain meds.

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC:

The Frost Beetle hissed in annoyance at finding its attacks blocked, and it did so again when yet another one of these two-legged creatures jumped in for absolutely no reason. However, he was concerned for the same Toa he'd first tried to help, when she pulled back towards him, harmed by the flames. He reached forwards with one of his two lower arms, the clawed hands grasping the Toa and holding her steady.

"Make sure to teach that tall matoran not to needlessly attack a wounded person," the Frost Beetle said to Callerin, pointing to Vilu. "And perhaps an execution won't need to be administered for a lack of honour and for general stupidity." Turning - and picking up the (likely somewhat surprised and possibly scared) wounded Toa he'd been speaking to - the Frost Beetle started walking off along the tunnel, pausing only to settle Skyra up just in front of his spines and shoulders, right behind his head. Perfect sitting space.

profiles i guess

OOC: Black Six, you know you wanna join...

[iC - Callerin] - [Onu-Metru]

The toa of fire looked on as two of the number left. "A rather minimal amount of elemental energy to expend for such a large group. The way things should be..."

Though she continued to appear calm, she wondered where that one assassin with the knife had ran off too. The burns she had inflicted would probably be enough to scare him away, though she almost hoped he would show up again... that would be fun. Regardles, there was her reason for coming here; looking towards Vilu, she said, "You, Ko-Toa. Get back to the fighting and stop playing around on the sidelines. If Vengeance gets away, it's on all of our heads."

Glancing to the main battle, she said, "It's hardly like they have the advantage of numbers. I almost admire their fighting spirit... almost."

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I yelped in complete surprise as I was picked up by Manaka and carried off. I was placed just behind his head as if I was riding a Ussal, it was only then that I finally calmed down a bit.

I clutched my arm gingerly, it was stinging horribly. I couldn't really feel my shin anymore, but I was certain it still needed to be looked at by a real doctor. How had I managed to get so many injuries? I'd been careless.

I remembered that I still had some of that painkiller on my person, I eager took what was left of it for my arm, hopefully I wasn't overdosing.

OOC: Kayn, has this Spherus Magna story of yours been proven? Remember, the story detaches from the canon in the 2008 storyline, but the MU beings never learned of that place.

IC Leraj

(Ko-Metru):

"Interesting... and a weird story", Leraj replied. "So what are you going to do now?"

IC Vilu

(Onu-Metru):

Vilu cried in dismay as the fire weakened him again. He lay on the ground for a moment and found out the attack had actually saved his life: it had driven off Skyra and the frost beetle. That left Vilu with only Xaron to deal.

"My energies are running low, but I can still easily form an ice cube around your head to suffocate you", he said to the Fa-Matoran. "So I suggest you leave me."

[iC: Nepak] / [Onu-Metru Archives]

Nepak was trapped.

Within a matter of weeks, his city had been slowly populated by an array of questionable characters, from Matoran merchants to Skakdi assassins. Within a matter of days, the Archives had been taken in as a part of some gang or another's territory. And within a matter of hours, Nepak's former area of responsibility, Sectors 74-75, had become the site of a Toahunt - and a dangerous place for a lone Matoran.

Hearing the clash of protosteel and explosions in the distance had driven the former Archivist away from the central lift - and freedom from this dangerous labyrinth he once called home - and into a corridor. Unfamiliar with this part of the Archives, Nepak had decided to settle in a dark, quieter zone until the chaos moved away.

Now, the once-highly-esteemed Onu-Matoran had been exposed to some rather unusual sights in his life. Even a posting in the Cultures and Legends Sector of the Archives provided some odd articles of interest. Certainly, the death of the Great Spirit was something he found to be unprecedented, as was the news of rebellious Toa. But what the diminutive Onu-Matoran was presently faced with was nowhere short of bewildering.

A giant frost beetle trundled along the shaft, menacing-looking claws clicking as it scuttled. This was not uncommon; many of the rahi exhibits had been opened or damaged. What was perplexing was the figure situated atop its carapace.

It appeared to the purple-masked perplexate that there was a green-coloured Toa on the back of a frost beetle.

Shaking himself out of his stupor, Nepak looked around for a place to hide - no cartons, no doors, no side corridors.

Karzahni, he thought.

What was he to do?

It was too late to fumble around with his disk launcher: the creature was only a few bio away now.

Collapsing to the ground, Nepak reached into his bag and rifled for his most prized possession, his last connection to normality. His fingers curled around the statue of Toa Onua, patron of Earth. He hoped against hope that the frost beetle had some visual impairment. A prone, purple Matoran was not exactly inconspicuous...

Edited by OmiChron

Nokama Chameleon

OOC: Yeah, I was wondering about that.

IC: [Horic]- [Onu-Metru Archives Sector 75-AF]

The Toa of Iron materialised a handful of Iron powder and some sharp needles and used his elemental power to throw them at Hatann. Truahkia's magnetic field accelerated the powder and nails, causing them to fly towards Hatann.

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

IC: [ Laredo ('Scruff') ] - Central Po-Metru / Area 31

The afternoon wore on, blue shadows creeping dark towards the horizon.

I dozed lightly, and 'tis lucky I am not one to snore, for once or twice I even fell into a fatally blissful sleep and roused to find the suns considerable lower in the sky. A dangerous lapse in guard, and I chided myself none-too-gently for it.

It was the bourbon, the soothing alcohol, that did it. I should've known better... leastways, it was gone now, and I was back to straight water.

I waited. Watched. Relaxed.

Come evenin', I was wide awake and restless. A bit of a cooling breeze was picking up with the night, and far off in the desolation, I heard the mournful warble of some desert bird a-callin'.

I got to my feet, wincing as my bones complained a mite, then rolled my shoulders and cracked my back and loosened up the stiff muscles. It was time for a little stroll, just to sorta scout the surroundings, like.

That, or maybe I was just feelin' a bit bored these days. It had been long, too long, since I'd had someone to match wits an' fists with, and I'd a hankerin' for a bit of action. Old man's folly, if you've a mind to call it that.

Taking a last careful look around, I went down the staircase into the third story, locking the reinforced iron hatch behind me, and gathered up my walking gear. Battered woolen vest to keep off the chill, my trusty ol' Dragon Flame, a cane (with a single-shot Cordak blaster hidden 'nigh its innards), and a few other odds-an'-ends of that sort.

Then I rode the elevator down to ground floor, unlocked the hallway control panel, punched in three different security codes, and shoved all the little levers straight up to 'Armed'. I wasn't planning on hosting any punk parties whilst I was out; in thirty seconds, the whole danged compound would be a deathtrap, and only I knew all its ways, and how to regain access.

The heavy front door clattered and groaned as a dozen distinct locks shut down momentarily, then hissed aside on pneumatic rails. Five seconds, I had, then it'd close up tight again without so much as a 'by-your-leave'... which was just how I liked it.

Whistling, I tramped out into the night and down the nearest empty street, favorin' my bad leg a bit more'n was necessary. Just in case someone was watching, y'see. Tactical advantage never hurt no one.

Behind me, the door hissed shut again, banged grimly into place and sealed. Click-click-click.

Tighter'n a tomb, oh yes. Tighter'n a tomb.

OOC:

Still open for interaction... of any sort. Circle? Northwind? Unaffiliated? Bring it on!

IC:

As the Frost Beetle scuttled along the ground, Skyra sitting atop it, it heard a small noise in one of the corners of the cave it was in. It turned its head, piercing blue eyes picking out the form of a Matoran on the ground. That must've been the sound, the Matoran falling. It scuttled over, tapping the Matoran with one of its lower two arms.

"Is the Matoran okay?"

profiles i guess

OOC: The story is in Kayn's bio so I assumed so. I'll have to change it since it makes some things unclear.

. I also noticed I have made your character, Leraj, make expressions, sorry about that, I did it to help advance the plot but I completely forgot he is your character to control.

I did make sure he didn't actually talk.

IC: Toa Kayn: Ko-Metru

The elevator doors slid open and I walked out into the top floor. There was telescopes and binoculars lying around everywhere, it was strange for the Ko-Matoran to leave everything unattended. There was a large telescope mounted on an icy balcony, pointing down towards something in the distance.

"What am I going to do?" "Check what this telescope is pointing at I guess."

I walked over to it and peered in to the small eye piece, connected to the advanced telescope. This revealed something extremely unsettling.

I was able to see a blur of some kind of destroyed transport. I adjusted the focus to get a better view, revealing something even worse. Mangled and severed corpses were scattered around the transport, six, or maybe seven bodies were lying there in the snow. I zoomed in much further with the telescope, getting a better view of their equipment. Their tools and formation at death seemed to indicate a Blade origin, they had been ambushed by something even more savage and merciless than themselves. Leraj had to see this.

"Hey! Leraj! You have to see this." I said while I gestured towards the telescope to let him know I wanted him to take a look.

Edited by Toa Kayn