Gangs of Metru Nui

Padishah Mehmet II

[iC: Nepak] / [Onu-Metru Caves - on a Frost Beetle]

The Toa waved her arm to her right and then at her shin; the bandage was quickly becoming drenched in blood.

"Karzahni! Here--!" Nepak rummaged through his satchel and set the Onua figure between his knees. He ripped the thick fabric apart at the seams, ignoring skerricks of food and tiny scraps of protodermis as they tumbled off Manaka's shell. Before the Toa could protest, he wound the material around her lower leg, bound it with the arm strap, and tied it off as securely as he could.

Nokama Chameleon

IC Leraj

(Ko-Metru):

Leraj squinted and peered into the mist. Something was coming at him... a bolt of electricity!

Leraj knew he couldn't dodge in time, but luckily a wall of earth formed in front of him, blocking the attack. This was what allies were for. He wanted to thank Kayn, but decided to keep silent. No point in further alerting the enemy of their position.

Leraj dashed from behind the wall of earth and took cover behind some of the wreckage, all the while trying to spot the mysterious Vo-Toa. He could see him, just barely, but he knew he was there.

Even knowing it might be a futile attack, Leraj created a shower of iron spikes and sent them flying towards the spot where the Vo-Toa was, approximately. It would be easy to dodge the attack, but maybe it would be a distraction Kayn might find useful.

IC: (Onu-Metru, Fury Base)

Vengeance let out just a bit of a laugh and grinned at Horic. "Yes, Horic, yes he is. This here is Enaltai, the Fury's most sociopathic, unstable and downright brilliant asset."

Meanwhile, the Fury's most sociopathic, unstable and downright brilliant asset tossed Aglesis and Xaron each a medkit, and handed them a bottle of Steltian brandy that he seemed to have been drinking for awhile. There was still enough for both of them.

"To answer your question," Enaltai flicked a finger, indicating Truakhia, "There are some things Toa were never meant to do. This particular case involved splitting an Olmak in two, a Tarakava, draining an Archive Mole of its light, setting a building on fire and a Mahi burger."

Vengeance took a deep sigh. "The horrible part is that he's probably not making any of this up. Whatever you did, Enaltai, you did it well. Good job. What's the word on how we were ambushed? The map of the Archives we were using didn't show any sort of vast hall."

"I can only assume they've spies and moles in this base. As they do in all the others. As we do in theirs. Unsurprising, really."

"So in other words, you don't know more than we do."

"Of course I don't."

Vengeance took another deep sigh, and grinned. "Alright. Let's consider this a success because hey, we're not dead. Enaltai, you get back to your post, try to uncover these moles that are everywhere these days. The rest of you, I'm heading back to Ta-Metru. You're left to your own devices for now. You know the drill: if anything happens, you'll know."

IC: Horic-[Onu-Metru]-[Fury Base 7]

"Mind if I joined you sir? You might need an extra pair of eyes with you given how dangerous the Onu-Ta crossing is these days," Horic asked Vengeance as he sheathed the Rhotuka battleaxe to his side. Doubletooth was still strapped firmly to his back.

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

IC: Xaron

After applying the very painful salve, Xaron looked up. "Also, if you find the moles and need them killed discreetly, I can do that. No problem." He winced as he stood up.

"Unless they're a Ta-Toa. Then I won't be too happy about fighting them."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

[iC - Callerin] - [Onu-Metru]

"Understood." Having said that, Callerin immediately took off, changing her previous course from the Archives to directly towards Le-Metru.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Kapa

Kapa watched Callerin go. She had diverted her course and was heading toward Le-Metru. So was Iceblade. He got the impression they did not want to be followed. Kapa decided to go to, incognito. Le-Metru was the Metru Kapa felt most comfortable in, because of all the greenery. Maybe if there's trouble, I can provide some assistance.,Kapa thought, and after letting them a minute's head start, started to follow.

2xu8Ptu.png

OOC: Some timeskipping occurs; didn't want to RP all the walking.

IC: (Iceblade - Le-Metru)

As soon as Callerin arrived, Iceblade began to explain. "Swordshifter called me in. Told me to bring someone I could trust," he grumbled, "in absence of such, I called you."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

[iC - Callerin] - [Le-Metru]

"A confirmed double agent? I suppose you could do worse." she replied, with a smirk. "What, then, does our leader command?"

[iC - Truakhia] - [Onu-Metru]

Truakhia thought on Enaltai's comment, and then Vengeances reply. Sarcastically, he commented, "I had always assumed that Archives Moles had no inner light." before turning, and heading back out into the darkness. Today was certainly an interesting day.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Baranx (Dún Outskirts)

*Thud*

*Thud*

*Clack*

*Thud*

*Thud*

*Clack*

And so on and so on.

Baranx was milling about outside the walls of the Nortwhind stronghold, navigating through the clutter of tents and shanty shacks that housed anyone there simply wasn't room for inside.

He'd just stopped by a sick Matoran who'd needed his care, and his steps had now brought him to the edge of the camp, where the empty expanse of Po-Metru spread out before him.

He sighed.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kayn: Ko-Metru

After using my abilities to help Leraj out, I lowered myself behind the wreckage again. Leraj was already behind the transport with me, my attempt to protect him must have been successful. I was about to grab his attention, to suggest that he shouldn't attack but I was too late, as he was already casting an elemental attack.

I hoped to Artakha that whoever was attacking, had the decency to understand our position. If that strange Toa didn't stop attacking us, I'd have to join Leraj and help sort things out by force. Not before trying to talk, however.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

IC: Viitka [Po-Metru]

Viitka grunted, and heaved a block of twisted mechanisms over her shoulder as she stepped through the unrelenting heat that was infused between the maze of run-down shelters just outside the Northwind stronghold. The twin suns above gave no respite to the arid landscape, constantly bearing down on the open-air Metru. Of course, it probably didn't help that her armor was black of all things. She had learned to deal with it though, among other things since coming to this city.

Viitka had gone out earlier that day looking for parts, and she'd gotten lucky. As long as one knew where too look, they would generally find at least something of use. Despite the time, the area was mostly deserted, not many wanting to brave the heat of midday. And so, it was fairly simple for Viitka to pick out the one being that she did see, and recognize; a fellow Northwind.

Viitka raised her free hand in greeting, though didn't call out.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Baranx (Dún Outskirts)

Baranx gestured with his staff in response, fixing his pink eyes on the magenta ones peering out from the black mass. She was the powerful sort, no question, and his healer's temper beckoned him to notice the scar she had across her jawline.

"I think Nuadh will be pleased by that batch" he mumbled in a passive tone as he gestured at the parts Viitka was carrying.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Viitka [Dún Outskirts, Po-Metru]

Viitka nodded in agreement, her armored boots sending up small puffs of dust as she stopped before the Turaga of Gravity. She met his gaze with her own, which was greeting enough for her.

"Airship parts aren't as common as they used to be," She explained to Baranx, tilting her head to said pieces of equipment, "But with any luck, these'll be in some sort of state resembling working."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Of all the districts on the island, from totalitarian Ga-Metru to barren Ko-Metru, from gang overrun to... Different gang overrun Ta-Metru, there was no place that Vanir hated more than Po-Metru. Which, in a way, was ironic since it was the safest place for him on the entire island. Ragtag settlements and markets had sprung up in the shadow of the Northwind's fortress, a testament to the desire for safety and a degree of normalcy by the inhabitants. However, said settlements were built without standardized building materials, tools, and on that note, a complete lack of enforced structural standards.

You could walk down a "street" lined with huts of wood, only to take one more step to enter an open air market, and take one more and find yourself in a path so narrow that the structures on either side seemed almost suffocating. Now, these weren't the biggest reasons he hated the area. Oh no. No, the biggest reason was the Mata-Nui-forsaken sand and sun. For someone accustomed to moving unnoticed through the crowds, ending up puffs of dust just why walking was truly an annoying prospect. His problems with the sun really spoke for themselves; It was too hot, it was too bright, and it was too dry.

But nevertheless, Dun and its surrounding clusters were the safest place for him to be, and the most reliable place to get supplies. Unfortunately, that required reasonably prolonged contact with halfway decent people, and while infinitely preferable to the not so decent people, neither one was really his cup of tea. Which was why he found himself moving through the "streets" as quickly as possible, with his power cranked all the way to invisible. In such a populated area, the plumes of dust weren't too noticeable, so he could move more or less unassailed by the masses. Well, as long as he watched where he was going, because no one else was going to notice him. Which, truthfully, was just asking for trouble.

A request that was answered in quite short order. A Matoran was in a hurry to get wherever they were going, and that meant taking a Kikanalo through crowded, chaotic streets. Which, quite regrettably, led him to take the path of least perceived resistance;

Which just happened to be right where Vanir was walking.

Cursing at the impending storm of hooves, he darted to the side, reverting to normal visibility, and narrowly evading running into a Turaga of Gravity, and even more narrowly evading what looked to be a walking mound of parts, reappearing before their very eyes just in time to pivot on the spot, altering his path just enough to avoid collision.

Smooth, Vanir. Very, very graceful.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Kapa (Le-Metru)

Kapa listened to Iceblade and Callerin's conversation concealed behind some old storage crates. Iceblade had taken Callerin to the Notch because Swordshifter had requested it? This certainly would need some looking in to. Kapa peered out from behind the crates just to see Callerin and Iceblade enter the Notch. He needed to follow somehow, but even with his speed he would not make it in time. He jumped into a neighboring chute that led the same way. As soon as Kapa's chute started to curve away from Iceblade's and Callerin's, he lept out with ease and into the other chute. Kapa was maybe a third of a Kio away from Iceblade and Callerin, so he shouldn't have looked too suspicious, and that was if they even turned around, which he thought unlikely.

2xu8Ptu.png

[iC - Callerin] - [Le-Metru] - [The Notch]

As the pair travelled through the Notch, Callerin once again considered just how much she hated travelling through the chute system. Frankly, there wasn't much of a difference between it and waterboarding a person.

Still, if Swordshifter said go through the Notch, you go through the Notch. Even if it left her soaking like a wet hapaka.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

OOC: Mind if I bug in, Oryx?

IC Vilu

(Le-Metru, chute):

Little did Kapa know that he too was being followed. Vilu jumped into the chute right after Kapa, having become suspicious of him following Iceblade and Callerin like that.

Vilu increased his speed in the chute and touched Kapa on his shoulder from behind, both still moving. "What are you up to, spy?"

IC: (Aglesis)

Having patched himself up, and after a long swig, Aglesis laid upon a bedroll. He was going to kill Iceblade, he swore to himself.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC(Ignitus[Ta-Metru]):

Another alley.

Finally, I decide to stop for the night and sleep here, as I can't afford anything better.

Thus, I make myself as inconspicuous as I can against the building, make sure Vulcan can be drawn at a moments notice, and dare anyone to walk by.

OOC: Ignitus open for interaction.

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC: (Vengeance, Onu-Metru Fury Base)

Vengeance took just a brief smile at Horic and nodded. "Off we go, then."

From the Fury base in Onu-Metru to their central fortification in the Homestead, there was no one stable way. Due to the two Fury districts being largely separated from one another by enemy territory, every movement of forces from Onu-Metru to Ta-Metru would be done in a covert way, crossing over chaotic Po-Metru and militarized Ga-Metru in ways that were about as confusing as the Great Beings' lines of thought.

Typically the Fury would take a chute to the Po-Metru borderland between the Circle and Northwind-controlled territory, where they'd get off, hike across the sand to the borders of Ga-Metru and improvise from there. However, Vengeance eventually deemed this way of behavior illogical, and had a single, long tunnel dug from the underground levels of the Onu-Metru bases to Ta-Metru. Mata Nui, if the Circle only knew what sort of incredible asset lied literally under their prisons in the Coliseum...

The entrance to this tunnel, located in this base's cellars, revealed a vast highway, as wide as there were under the hills and mountains of the island of Mata Nui in its heyday. As they set off, Vengeance turned to Horic, a quizzical expression on his face.

"You, Horic... when was it you joined our little escapade of a gang, again?"

(Swordshifter, the Notch, Le-Metru)

It was about ten minutes of travel through a confusing patchwork of half-built chutes when suddenly Iceblade and Callerin found themselves literally ejected out of the chute. A retrospective inspection revealed that the chute simply... ended above where they were now, a small platform surrounded by walls built entirely out of chutes wrangling around its sides.

And there stood one Toa, his face turned from them, two katana strapped to his back in such a way that one might even wonder how he could even reach them there.

"You two are being followed," he muttered without turning. "I would've hoped you wouldn't be followed, Iceblade."

Edited by .saorsa

"Perceptive." she thought to herself, as she looked around. Though she had spotted no spies herself, she always assumed there was at least one or two Blades (if not more) watching from the shadows when she moved through Le-Metru. Unusual that this time, Swordshifter hadn't planned it that way.

IC: (Swordshifter - the Notch, Le-Metru)

"No matter. This is the Notch. Nobody can end up in the same place with the same chute as somebody else."

The chute that they had come out of suddenly moved. It was as if it was some sort of tentacle, suddenly opting to expand from where it dropped them off to another direction entirely. It became apparent, as all the chutes around rearranged, that whoever was on that chute would certainly not end up in the same spot as Callerin and Iceblade did.

Swordshifter slowly turned, his gaze piercing the two Blades somehow at the very same time. There was just something about his gaze. The sort of quality in a man's eyes that can turn your guts to ice.

"No, surprisingly, I'm not responsible for that," he answered the question he guessed they were going to ask. "Good job getting in the exactly right chute to get here, by the way. The offchance of that was ridiculously small. You ought've contacted me and asked for instructions first, but somehow you managed without that."

Edited by .saorsa
  • Upvote 1

IC: (An unmarked, nondescript bench in Ga-Metru)

"So... two? Four looks like the trap choice..." Oberon Tarec muttered, squinting at a page of a packet marked with multiple equations in oppressive black ink.

A pondering student, a common sight in the district. Probably an odd place to look over assigned work, though. One would usually find them in a cafe or near the school itself, a bench in the middle of a park belonging more to those pursuing the arts. Of course, this wasn't a long-lasting affair. He'd spent the majority of the morning in a remedial course attempting to learn how to draw out his elemental energy without bursting a blood vessel. Yes, that was a thing, in a city full of Toa like this one.

He sighed apprehensively. Making the leap from elementalism to physics on five hours of sleep with no break in between was grounds for disaster. It'd be far smarter for him to clear his head for a bit and let it process the information, he reasoned as he slid the packet back inside his pack.

Also, he noted, tugging at the collar of his plain white shirt and grimacing, It's really warm today.

Maybe he should grab a drink or something. Put a little life back in him after all that.

Slinging his well-stocked backpack over a shoulder, the Toa of Iron rose from his bench and marched towards the more urban region of the district, wits about him at all times.

OOC: Well, here we go.

helo frens

OOC: Mind if I bug in, Oryx?

OOC: Not a probelm, good chap.

IC: Kapa (Le-Metru)

Kapa wheeled around so violently he sent ripples through the liquid protodermis. "Wha- I'm not a spy!" he burst out, but there was not enough time for discussion because they had arrived at their destination.

"You whould have contacted me first, but somehow you managed without that."

"Actually, it was unplanned, sir", Kapa said, "But we weren't spying." Kapa thought it best he leave it there for now.

Edited by Oryx

2xu8Ptu.png

OOC: Actually, you didn't arrive at your destination, Oryx. :P Since I feel like including more people in this, you can try something else, like jumping out of the retracting chute midway onto the platform.

IC: (Swordshifter - the Notch, Le-Metru)

"No matter. This is the Notch. Nobody can end up in the same place with the same chute as somebody else."

The chute that they had come out of suddenly moved. It was as if it was some sort of tentacle, suddenly opting to expand from where it dropped them off to another direction entirely. It became apparent, as all the chutes around rearranged, that whoever was on that chute would certainly not end up in the same spot as Callerin and Iceblade did.

Edited by .saorsa
  • Upvote 1

IC: Xaron

After waiting for the pain to settle down, Xaron set out to leave Onu-Metru. Unfortunately, he had gotten lost in the vast expanses of the Archives. He disguised itself, making sure that no Rahi would see him.

Hopefully.

OOC: Open for interaction.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: (Iceblade - The Notch)

"Our tag along was a Blade by the name of Kapa. I assumed you sent him after us; you do like to be...vigilant."

Iceblade stared back at Swordshifter with dead eyes, dark from a sleepless night. It had taken him hours to execute the ambush, as it had certainly taken hours more for Swordshifter to plan. All for nothing, of course, but five dead Blades and wounds all around.

"As for how we got here, I assumed that if there were instructions to be given, you would've given them. That is all."

He crossed his arms, narrowing his gaze.

"Shall I excommunicate Kapa upon our departure?"

Edited by Douglas

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: [Horic]-[Onu-Ta-Tunnel]

The Toa of Iron was silent for a moment. It was not long ago compared to the old guard, but so many things had happened...

"It was maybe... half a year or so after the Fury formed. I was originally part of the Circle's military, cracking down on the Blades and other gangs. I was motivated by a drive to help and protect the citizens of Metru-Nui after all the war I had seen in my life. But... the Circle started to show its ugly side," Horic recalled.

"They started arresting citizens who just didn't look agreeable, breaking into homes situated near crime scenes because they might be harbouring gang members... at first I though it was all necessary evils. But they even started to segregate the immigrants from the natives for no reason. I even had a hand in pulling those innocents away from their livelihoods. Karz, even I was discriminated against. I was given less rations and made to do extra dirty work like the aforementioned internment camps. And it wasn't just me. Honest captains were downgraded or put into 'retirement', essentially comfortable internment. The final straw-" Horic's voice broke.

"I'm sorry, I can't talk about it now. Essentially, I left Circle's military. But being alone in this City of Legends won't get you food on the table. Or the table. A Fury agent came across me as I lay injured, chased by Blades through Le-Metru into Ta-Metru, and I started to feel belonged here. The Fury actually do care about he citizens under them. At least, the upper echelons and most soldiers do," Horic explained.

"Sorry if I start to ramble, but when you're an old dog like me... you feell like your story will be forgotten and finished better it should, and you start talking about it," the veteran apologised.

IC: Viitka

Viitka took a half step back, the parts she was carrying tilting dangerously to one side, as the being suddenly popped into existence while almost slamming into her. She visibly tensed for a moment, as if preparing for a fight, and she didn't quite relax completely once she realized they weren't under attack.

"Watch it," Viitka said, her voice dropping considerably to something more akin to a growl.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Skyra

"Yeah...a Blade shot an icicle into my shin, and then another burned my arm. Wasn't fun." I said as Nepak wrapped my shin. "At least the painkillers are working, or I'd probably be screaming in agony."

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Ah, yes. I guess I did miss that. -_-

IC: Kapa experienced a nauseating sensation of having his chute move. This was impossible, as Kapa had always known chutes to be stationary, but it was happening and he wasn't about to argue. Kapa glanced wildly around, looking for a way out, but his - and his companion's - chute was quite high and it would be dangerous to jump out, but if he waited he'd be sent on some rahi-chase possibly around the whole city. Aha! Kapa glanced to his right and spotted a vine hanging from a chute. Plant life; his specialty. Kapa jumped out and grabbed ahold of the vine, and extending his power to it, willed it to grow longer and stronger. As it grew down to the ground, Kapa began to clime down. Kapa started toward Swordshifter again, having already forgotten about Vilu.

2xu8Ptu.png

Callerin's eyes and cloak both blazed as she focused her elemental powers, causing a wreath of flame to immediately enfulge part of the rope holding Kapa, thus depriving him the pleasure of a gentle fall and instead providing an unceremonious drop.

"Excommunication may be the least of anyone's problems..." she said, never looking away from Swordshifter. "Shall the next target be his neck? Or is this one of those quaint Matoran fables where the underdog gangster cleverly finds himself standing in the secret meeting, and, rather than facing death, winds up joining in on the mission?"

IC:

"I was watching where I was going, old timer." Vanir quipped, recovering his balance, and standing still, hands on hips, and an almost cocky grin on his face. "The Kikanalo rider wasn't, and I'd rather not be trampled. But hey, no harm no foul, right?"

He glanced at Viitka, cocking his head slightly at the noise. "Er, sorry, miss. D'you need any help with that? It looks like a lot to carry."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG