Gangs of Metru Nui

Padishah Mehmet II

[iC - Callerin] - [Le-Metru] - [The Notch]

"Just to get this out of the way? You don't need to write this one off as a repeat of the Knowledge Towers incident. None of the gang were foolish enough to throw themselves in front of a firebolt this time. The Fury? Not so lucky."

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Kapa (The Notch)

Kapa was surprised Sworshifter had presented them with an important mission just after they had done something that might anger him. Regardless, Kapa decided it was best not to object. He started walking in the direction of the Moto Hub, thinking that would be a good place to start training.

2xu8Ptu.png

IC: [Horic]-[Onu-Ta Tunnels]

"Agreed," the veteran simply said.

As the two Toa crossed the remaining of the tunnel, the tunnel hlgot narrower and shorter until it ended in a metal door that faced upwards. The sounds of pumping furnaces could be heard. Horic wondered where that could be. Most furnaces were shut down throughout the war, so the tunnel most lead into a furnace or something.

"The door's locked, sir," Horic said as he tried the door.

IC: (Swordshifter, the Notch)

"What's done is done. The chance of this plan firing off successfully was slim anyway. Vengeance is no easy catch and will not be taken by simple surprise, no matter how perfect it is. I know this now."

His eyes narrowed down on Iceblade, cold and analytical.

"Now. To this issue of vel'Zharek. Yes, the man is organizing a competition. The thing is, he's been awfully arrogant lately. For example, he's planning to - nobody besides me and you two knows this, mind you, so beware not to let anyone know by accident - well, let's say he's planning to choose sides."

Iceblade and Callerin immediately knew what Swordshifter meant, simply because "choose sides" had become something of an euphemism with a very specific meaning among the Blades. Namely, the term referred to the unfortunate potential incident that a previously cooperative underling has decided to collaborate with another gang. Naturally, such behavior is generally frowned upon in the Blade hierarchy.

"You understand, now. This race is merely a brilliant opportunity to dispose of him. In such a way that no one would question us ever again."

(Vengeance, Onu-Ta Tunnels)

"Aye, I see, soldier. Hold on."

It was a matter of merely muttering a few commands over the comlink, and the gates opened. Vengeance and Horic stepped inside, finding themselves within the great Fury base of the Homestead, home to over a hundred operatives scurrying back and forth organizing the Fury's burgeoning war machine. Vengeance took a hundred rapid steps, quickly being surrounded by an ever increasing group of questioners asking questions such as "what happened in Onu?" or "are you alright, sir?" as he went deeper into the base, aiming for the central chamber, a vast circular hall where he would be clearly heard by everyone.

Finally finding himself in that hall, he made it to its exact center, as the Fury took the social cue to gather around him to listen.

"Fury," he finally spoke, "I'm home. This," he pointed to Horic, "man was among many who heroically took it upon themselves to save me from a Blade ambush in the Onu-Metru Archives. Regardless, we survived and will immediately begin investigations into what made it possible to organize that attack. All of you who feel confident enough to help in discovering a mole among our ranks, I await you in my war room."

IC:

"I don't need one of those, I have more tricks up my sleeves than just throwing knives." And with that, Xaron disappeared from view. If one listened intently, one could hear running footsteps, heading away and out of the Archives, towards the Onu-Ta tunnel. Getting lost wasn't fun to do.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: (Iceblade - The Notch)

The Blade nodded attentively, digesting the information Swordshifter had given them.

"Clever. I have my doubts, however, about the two eavesdroppers we're sending in...how can we be sure that they won't amount to collosal failure and shame our gang instead of bringing it glory?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

"The answer is simple, my friend. It doesn't actually matter whether they win."

If someone had shot a picture of Swordshifter's smirk at the time and put it on eMetru, he'd have instantly been made a millionaire because for the first time in a thousand years, the leader of the Blades was actually smiling.

"While they race, our troops will swoop in on the racing track. We will take out vel'Zharek. It will be rather natural for the entire race to fall apart at the seams, and nobody will care who actually won. But we will make it clear why it happened to that Skakdi scum. Oh, we'll make it clear indeed."

"You wouldn't call two of us aside if we were simply part of the main showing," she replied. "What are our parts in the game?"

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

"Simply put, Callerin, I have reason to believe that there will be members of other gangs there. While Iceblade will look to the technical parts of the operation, such as organizing the assault and apprehending, before disposing of, vel'Zharek, you will look to identifying these members, and, by the time of the assault, you need to have a list of names, false names, assumed identities and detailed descriptions of their appearances and manner of behavior that Iceblade can then use to deal with them during the assault. As such, you will need to go behind enemy lines. Also as such, I will arrange for you a meeting with our moles in the Fury and the Circle."

Edited by .saorsa

"Simple enough task, I suppose. Though do we happen to know which side is being chosen today? The smell of alcohol should pinpoint the Northwinds, but the Fury are a different matter entirely."

IC:(Oberon Tarec, Ga-Metru Station)

Blissfully unaware of the events occurring and being arranged districts away in the seedy underbelly of the city, Tarec entered the Ga-Metru Central Chute Station with an easy smile in place of his all too common neutral, reserved expression. Today was going fairly well, all told. He had plenty of time to get home and work on everything he needed to get done for tomorrow, and maybe even relax for a change instead of getting roped into something weird, which all too often had a way of coming to him in some sense.

The day's still young. He remind himself, stepping into a chute bound for Ta-Metru.

He didn't seem to notice the large shipment of supplies bound for Le behind him.

helo frens

OOC:

@Toatapio Nuva: Oooo-kaaayyyy... I think Euphrates can be safely declared MIA for the time being. So what say that those two-three posts she made with regard to Laredo and Miira, as well as the few posts they made in reply, be regarded as a non-canonical? That is, to facilitate future gameplay, we act as if they never happened?

Continued from last relevant post...

IC: [ Laredo ('Scruff') ] - Central Po-Metru

Still grinning, I set there an' just a-waited for the Ta-Matoran's reaction.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: [ Laredo ('Scruff') ] - Central Po-Metru

"Simple enough. And th' scale ratio on them 'd be, what? Basic small? That's the standard hereabouts for Matoran an' Turaga."

Almost as an afterthought, I slid Dragon Flame back into its shoulder holster. It was a safe bet this sombre little firespitter wasn't going to try anything; he seemed like a decent enough guy, and not out to beat up old men just for laughs.

And anyways, my hand was a-gettin' a cramp in it. Dang arther-itis.

IC:

It had taken a while, but Xaron had finally found the Onu-Ta tunnel. He glanced down the tunnel to make sure no one was coming back to Onu-Metru. When he saw no one coming, he deactivated his camouflage and went down the tunnel, to the Fury base. At least in the tunnel, he didn't have to worry about getting lost.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

Vanir sighed, holding up his hands as if in surrender. "I'm sorry, relax. It wasn't meant to be an insult to your abilities, though it seems like that's what it came out as..."

A pause, and he lowered his hands, looping his thumbs through the belt at his waist. The faintest hints of a grin were present on his face, though by the look of him, those were always there. He bounced slightly on the balls of his feet, as if not really used to staying still in such an area.

"Anyway, I can tell I'm not making any friends here. Sorry about nearly running into you, sorry for implying that you couldn't carry that, and... I think those were the two things I was sorry for. Well, regardless, if you could tell me where I might be able to find a heatstone for cheap I'd be out of your way."

He casually jerked a thumb behind him towards the desert, and the other Metrus beyond it. "It gets cold out there at night, and I'd really keep all my fingers and toes."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Naona - Circle Territory, Po Metru

Naona was a firm believer in peace and order. It was really one of the reasons why she had joined up with the Circle's enforcers in the first place. They had provided a strong sense of security and stability in the conflict between the major gangs, something Metru Nui was sorely lacking in.

While she would probably be one of the first to state her distaste for some of her superiors' policies, Naona knew that what the city needed was not a battle of ideologies and greed, but a stable leadership in which reforms could be maxe. The Circle was the best group for order, and here, at the frontlines of their conflict with the Northwinds, their discipline and order would be tested.

Not that it would need testing. Naona had made sure that discipline would be kept despite the threat of gangsters from the desert. It was her duty as a leader.

OOC: Naona open for interaction in the Circle held lands of Po.

IC: [Vaxel] - [Po-Metru]- [Circle Post P-8]

The Toa of Lightning stared out from the observation post into the war-torn wastes of Po-Metru, one of many in a long line across the Metru.

It was a dull day, and although Vaxel was quite professional, he was starting go feel bored.

Vaxel stretched his arms and got out for a walk. He looked around and saw the few Circle troops stationed in this post walking a bout. They were tired and hot, and Vaxel felt the same.

Yet he still fought on. But why? He was a mercenary, yet he had stayed as a Circle soldier for the entire duration of the war.

He saw the commander of the post, Naona, staring out into the desert too. Her telescopic lens extended and shortened periodically. Now, there was one who would be loyal to the Circle.

"Anything out there?" he asked simply.

OOC: Naona ain't in your profiles, though she is in the discussion topic.

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

IC: Yyevi - Onu Metru Caves

"Hello."

Popping up next to the group on the Frost Beetle was Yyevi, the disk-wielder who had been completely ignored during the latter course of the skirmish that had occurred earlier in the area.

IC: Skyra

I drew my sniper rifle...almost dropping it in a rather clumsy manner as I aimed it at the newcomer, everything was moving so much I couldn't keep my aim straight.

"You...You should hold still! So I can shoot you..." My arms wouldn't hold still, the blood loss hadn't done me any favors, or the pain meds...

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

[iC- Callerin] - [Le-Metru] - [The Notch]

"You already have a time and place for the meeting, or will you be sending it at a later time?" she asked.

Of course, she had plenty of other questions, though she wouldn't be asking those.. The first one that came to mind was, "what's the trick here?", an inevitable question to appear in the mind of anyone working in the Blades. Just as the two recruits didn't fully understand what was going on, she doubted Swordshifter was telling her - possibly not even Iceblade - the full story behind all of these affairs.

Then again, she wouldn't either.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

OOC: Derp derp derp.

IC: Naona - Circle Territory, Po Metru

"Nothing," she replied, continuing to scan the wastes for any signs of the Northwinds. "It has been a quiet day."

IC: [Vaxel]-[Po-Metru]-[Circle Observation post]

"It has," Vaxel agreed.

"When do you think they'll attack again?" He asked, referring to the Northwinds.

IC: [Horic]-[Ta-Metru]-[Homebase]

Horic went over to the forges and started mending his armour and tools. Several hours of sweaty work later he cleaned up and entered the war room.

OOC: I suggest you advertise this mission on the discussion topic.

IC: (Iceblade - The Notch)

"None," he said, shrugging. He extended his armblade, examining it. "Actually...should this mission go smoothly, might I acquire funding for a little side project I've been plotting out? Blade-related, of course. Additionally, I'd like some special equipment for this mission. Namely, a grapnel shooter."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Skyra

"No!" I stated indignantly. "Tell me who you are or I'l-" The rifle went off, shooting a bolt of energy. I had no idea where I'd been aiming though, somewhere toward the intruder.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar