Spirits of the Ice

otter

IC: Zinyn

Zinyn nearly tripped when he realized he was being spoken to. He caught up to the Fe-Matoran and gave a curt nod. "Yes, but I'm not much use in hand-to-hand. I'm best with taking out distant targets, but-" he gestured at the buildings around them as they ran, making sure to not make eye contact "-these won't make very good sniper nests if the battle gets too diffuse. I may have to be in the crowd..." He trailed off and shook himself. The howls of the Kavinika were close now, and the thought of close-quarter battle only added to the distress caused by the howls.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

IC: Dracax (Ta-Karda)

Dracax had found his way back, spotting a slowly growing group of defenders gathering to respond to the oncoming assault.

He skid to a halt next to the Toa of Ice he'd met earlier.

"I caught wind of them moving, so I came" he said simply.

IC: Rezha (Ko-Metru)

"Let's get to work"

I followed the gang outside, twirling my knife as I did so with a thoughtful look splayed on my face. This wasn't going to be easy, but it could probably qualify as interesting.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Dracax didn't answer as he ran to face the Kavinika without waiting for a signal. He saw a pair come running, teeth bared.

"Begone, hounds" Dracax threatened as he quickly launched a pair of fireballs at the two.

IC: Rezha (Ko-Metru)

"Here they come" I yelled as I lifted my crossbow. I shifted, presenting my side to the Kavinika to give them as small a target as possible.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC [Outside of Icicle Inn]:

Novvah can remember the good old days back when he was a Toa of Air. His Koro use to have one or two Kavinika accidentally walked into the outskirt a few times, requiring the aid of his team to drive them away. He remembered how he always made jokes about how pathetic their attempts to hide behind the buildings were, considering how almost no body enjoyed living by the border, having only one or two watch towers that looks out for threats. Kavinika have never, in Novvah's career as a guardian, been much of a danger. After all, his team had been successful in stopping them heading toward the center of the village, where most Le-Matoran and Bo-Matoran held their Rahi farming business. Well, those Kavinika only came by alone usually anyway.

Novvah tightened his left hand on his Staff of Phantoka, feeling his elemental power flowing through it. As a Turaga of Air, his power had been halved since his Toa days, but he can still bring some effects on the battlefield... like throwing sands at the Rahi's eyes or help him carry a stone toward his target. Meanwhile, his right hand reached back into his coat, and pulled out another dagger. He's still extremely skilled with projectile weapons though, thankfully, due to many years of training in hard solid winter winds even long after he sacrificed his powers.

Novvah managed to caught up to Vokahi, not quite sure if Odrek is somewhere nearby. "Mr. Vokahi, I hope yer don't mind. I think we should stick togethah for a bit yeh? An awful thing to do for a loner, I know, but that's what's best. What are you best at doin' in this nice scenario with them Kavinika? " He said, readying his analytic eyes for incoming assaults from hidden angles. "Mr. Tapio, where are ye?"

OOC: I wonder where's everyone atm (Those who ran outta the inn). Are we all standing at the same area or all scattered?

Edited by LewatheChickenNuggets

OOC: I think most of us are pretty close to each other outside the inn: half of us were still conversing when the Kavinika appeared.

IC: Tekro

"They're coming!" Still following Teclorus and the Toa of Ice, he pointed to a trio of Kavinika approaching from their right flank very quickly, one beast headed for each man. The lead hound was headed for the Toa.

Tekros had overheard the Toa mention his lack of dependability in close combat. He decided there was enough space between the lead and the other two Kavinika for him to blindside the one headed for the Toa of ice.

"Toa, go find your nest!" He raised his blade and dove for the animal.

sig8.png

Zinyn brought his rod up, one end resting on the back of his outstretched hand so that he could peer down the notch, aiming right at the oncoming Rahi. Concentrating, he released a blast of Ice from the end of the rod, a spike of ice forming in the air. The lead Rahi ducked beneath it, allowing it to fly over and strike one of his companions. Zinyn knelt to the ground and followed up with three quick volleys, not looking to see if they struck as he moved into a standing position and ran forward, hoping to distract the lead Wolf enough that the Matoran would catch him unawares.

Edit OOC:

I think there are three groups of player characters. Dracax, Tekros, Teclorus and myself are one; Novvah, Tapio and Vokahi are another; Laerdus and Psyzhran are on some street together; and Ordrek is...somewhere, I'm not sure which group he ended up being closer to. This doesn't count the implied NPCs from the bar

Edited by Zox

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

IC: Teclorus

Strange, I don't remember seeing Kavinika this big before! All the wolves that we've run into on our hunting mission have been smaller, and never gave us trouble. What's disturbing is that this is like a designated attack force! And then Teclorus realizes that he's zoning out. "Most of us need to stay together unless you see anyone about to be slain. Toa of ice, I suggest you get your favored distance."

Just then, Teclorus is tackled by one of the wolves. With little time to react, He grabs the Kavinika's metallic tooth with his claw and starts forcing his little elemental energy into it...

The tooth twists violently, then comes off into Teclorus' hand! His assailant yelps and staggers back in pain, and Teclorus jumps up and forces the tooth straight through the wolf's proto-metal plated skull. The Fe-Matoran staggered back, wanting to collapse, but the worst was still to come.

OOC: Just thought I'd let anyone who hasn't caught on that when my text is italicized, it means I'm thinking. You guys wouldn't actually hear that. :P

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

He saw the Toa of Ice fire 4 shots, one landing in the shoulder of the lead Kavinika and the other striking one of its followers. The rahi then starting charging the Toa in blind fury, allowing Tekro his chance to flank him. Before the rahi could reach the Toa, Tekro charged and slammed his shoulder against the gigantic hound, leaping high enough to sink his dagger between shards of armor into the backside of his neck.

He had underestimated the beast's size and strength, though -- Tekro hung onto the knife while the beast kept charging full force, though Tekro's body force did veer the rahi off course enough to closely miss the Toa. Still clinging on the blade, Tekro was dragged several yards before he managed to push off the ground and swing halfway onto the rahi's back. The Kavinika couldn't bite back far enough before Tekro jerked out his knife and plunged again closer to the base of his skull. It was close enough -- the beast let out a whine and collapsed, taking Tekro down with him.

"Yahh!" he yelped as the hound fell on his lower torso. Dang, that thing is huge. The worst out of it would be a bruise or two, but he would still need a moment to free himself. He yanked out his knife and starting lifting the carcass to slide himself out.

sig8.png

Zinyn brought his rod up, one end resting on the back of his outstretched hand so that he could peer down the notch, aiming right at the oncoming Rahi. Concentrating, he released a blast of Ice from the end of the rod, a spike of ice forming in the air. The lead Rahi ducked beneath it, allowing it to fly over and strike one of his companions. Zinyn knelt to the ground and followed up with three quick volleys, not looking to see if they struck as he moved into a standing position and ran forward, hoping to distract the lead Wolf enough that the Matoran would catch him unawares.

Edit OOC:

I think there are three groups of player characters. Dracax, Tekros, Teclorus and myself are one; Novvah, Tapio and Vokahi are another; Laerdus and Psyzhran are on some street together; and Ordrek is...somewhere, I'm not sure which group he ended up being closer to. This doesn't count the implied NPCs from the bar

I assume Novvah and Odrek aren't too far from us, seeing as they just left the inn. They are probably in the same neighborhood.

Sorry for the entirely OOC post, just thought I needed to address some things. Otter, please don't kill me... :P

Edited by Black Six

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

OOC: Please don't make any OOC only posts, or post without creating a profile, both are against the rules.

IC: Inicara

The sound of howling was becoming more and more frequent and intense, making my heart skip a beat. I was more than ready to fight, but that didn't mean I wasn't nervous. I held onto my ice spear gingerly.

"Shall we jump into the fray then?" I asked no one in particular, but I looked at Kova when I said it.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

As the Su-Matoran felled the first Rahi, Zinyn felt his legs being swept out from beneath him as the third wolf came running. He instinctively activated his Volitak as he fell, and though the Rahi could obviously still smell him, there was a look of confusion in its eyes when it's prey never hit the ground. Zinyn, knowing it would be heartbeats until it noticed his tracks as he stumbled up, ran towards the fallen wolf and rolled it off the Matoran beneath. Wordlessly, he moved further back, flickering back into view as he again knelt to take more shots at the last Rahi. It charged him, ducking beneath one boot, taking another on the shoulder, only to dart aside at the last moment and head for the Fe-Matoran.

"No you don't," Zinyn muttered, striking the ground with the rod. A line of Ice sprouted from where it touched the snow, running towards the wolf, and erupting in a series of spikes in front of it. The Rahi leapt, crashing into them with his full weight. As the spikes broke apart, Zinyn charged it with more energy, capturing the wolf in thick bonds of Ice. Tomana returned to his firing stance, taking aim at the Rahi the Fe-Matoran was dealing with.

"Plasma," he said, "do you see any more coming?"

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

Tekro scanned the area for advancing Kavinika and was about to point out another heading for Teclorus before it was clubbed by another random matoran from the bar. It was far from over, but everyone around the inn seemed to evenly match the onslaught of wolves up to this point. "Not toward us." He started toward the Fe-Matoran to help him up before he heard a howl from behind the Inn. He spun around to witness several Kavinkia pouring out from an alley behind the Inn. Two of them diverted towards the Toa and two matoran.

He pointed to the alley. "There! I think they're surrounding us!" All of us, he thought. Someone is coordinating these rahi. He helped the Fe-matoran onto his feet before remembering that they had a fourth man. "Where's that Toa of fire?"

sig8.png

After finishing his original target, he removed the tooth from the dead Kavinika's forehead and dove towards his next foe, stabbing it under the scruff of the neck.

"I don't know, but they certainly aren't letting us get to the civilians!"

Edited by ~garnira returns~

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

OoC: Gar, I'm assuming that Kavinika you just stabbed was the one that Zinyn locked down earlier, here.

NPC - Kavinika:

Unfortunately for Zinyn, he had made a mistake with the one Kavinika. Though the spikes of ice jabbing into it had caused it some amount of discomfort, they weren't incapacitating - they'd broken easily under its weight - and the bonds of ice weren't strong enough to hold an angry wolf that was about the same size as a Toa in place. And another Kavinika's tooth, even wielded by a strong Matoran, wasn't going to punch in enough to cause it any serious trouble.

These wolves were just a little too strong to be quickly dispatched by much more than a broken neck, a mushed brain, or some other very serious wound.

Once Zinyn and his compatriots turned away, the large wolf broke from its bonds, leaping at the Matoran that had tried to stab it, with its own brother's tooth, no less. He was too close to dodge the wolf...he had better hope he had strong armour and helpful friends.

IC:

"The walls are already protected by the guardsmen," Kova said. "Travel through the city in pairs, everybody who is still here, and get all those out here in the open into the mountain districts. We'll protect them better if they're behind a few meters of rock." He stepped forwards, slightly, waving Inicara along behind him.

"Ini, I recommend you go with one of them. I'm going to go lead the defence right now, and I'd rather not watch you get hurt."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

He followed the two Toa and braced for another confrontation until he heard a grunt come from Teclorus behind him. He spun around to see the Fe-matoran being approached by the same wolf that the Toa of Ice had tried to incapacitate.

"Toa! Help!" He shouted, but he knew that they may already be too busy with the two other Kavinika that had just approached. He ran and prayed that someone was following to help him with Teclorus's attacker: he knew he wouldn't get quite as lucky in taking down this guy.

He started to run for the Kavinika when he heard someone shout "Look out!" and saw a small spherical device land in the rahi's path. A grenade.

"Teclorus, run!"

OOC Triple Edit: THERE we go. :P

Edited by TBK

sig8.png

IC: Vokahi

These attacks. They where happening more often now, and the toa knew as such. He watched as the people around him began to prepare their weapons. Vokahi sighed. He hated these attacks even more than most, for he was most of the time the one to look for bodies. The black toa began to stride down the city streets, signaling for people to take cover in their homes, keeping on the lookout for the Rahi.

Then he saw one. It was chasing a small group of fighters that thought they had done their job. "Look out!" He cried. He quickly manifested his power over smoke in a stretch of snow before the beast. Then, he brought out his incendiary grenade, rapidly pulled the ignition strip, and cast it a bio in-front of the beast.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

[iC - Methroda] - [Ta-Karda]

After getting the people marshalled up in the inn, Methroda did a few more runs about before finally heading back the way she came, taking a loop. She had finally made it to the end of the loop, and was nearer to the border; far enough in to pay more attention, as the wolves could very well be here. Hopefully, she would find either Maira or Salah; maybe even another dispersed fighter. As she did so, she suddenly came to a stop, and began to listen. She wasn't alone - but it wasn't one of them she had found.

She made a quick turn as one of the Kavinika came rushing towards her, quickly taking aim and firing a bolt from Shiver-Piercer right into the face of the armor-like face of the wolf. Conservation of the momentum led to the creature to continue skidding towards her, coming to a stop a few feet before her. She quickly began reloading as she looked through the x-ray based sights of her crossbow towards the direction the wolf had come, reloading as she did so.

Sure enough, there were three more in the group, making baying sounds as they followed the same path that their forward scout had. She was no toa; she didn't stand a chance of taking them all on. As they turned the corner from the buildings across the way, down the alleyway, she made sure to measure up a shot and fired. One of the wolves, though quite a distance away, was out. There were now two left, and while they had stopped at first, they were now moving far quicker.

She barely had time to reload when the two finally made it to her. "Screw it!" she shouted, pulling out her mace and swinging as one of them came. The creature was dazed, but certainly not taken out; its partner quickly pulled her down. She struggled and beat against it, but she was too restrained to do much more than keep it from rending her; once the other had recovered from the blow it had taken, she'd have little to no chance.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

"Look out!"

Zinyn barely registered this until he heard the thud of the grenade, and he spun to see the Su-Matoran several yards behind him, the Fe-Matoran a few feet further. His mind racing, Zinyn summoned most of his elemental reserves and flung energy at the feet of the Matoran, a thick wall forming in front of the Su-Matoran, a slightly thinner one in front of the Fe-Matoran which was immediately shattered by the bulk of the charging wolf. The creature might as well have been a wild Kikanalo. There was a flash, and fire erupted from the ground, catching the back of the Kavinika as it sprayed high and wide. Zinyn retreated in the direction his Toa of Fire ally was going, putting away the rod and taking out his knives. He smelled smoke, and detached his cloak, letting the snow on the ground put the fire out.

His energy was out. It was time to hope and pray.

Edited by Zox

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

Hearing the Su-Matoran's shout, Teclorus bats away the charging Kavinika with the (now terribly deformed and stretched out) tooth and jumps through the nearest window. (the beast is hardly fazed, but it is knocked back a few feet, giving me a "window of time" to run for cover.)

OOC:

Otter, that was initially the idea, but things sped up before I could reply.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

IC [Ta-Karda Streets]

Novvah jumped into the air and activated his Noble Miru, allowing him to soar above the battlefield for about ten feet and gaze toward the beyond. More and more Kavinika seems to have invaded the region, similar to how Novvah had predicted. Just a couple of Kavinika down below had caused people from the inn a lot of trouble. He can't bear to imagine if there's even more coming. Ironically, the word "reinforcement" popped out from the back of his mind, as if it's an organized invasion. But then, they're just Rahi....

Novvah pulled himself to a halt, after Vokahi. As Vokahi unleashed a smokescreen over one of the Kavinika, he helped controlling the air around, allowing the smoke to cover the Kavinika throughout better. Having a clear sight from above, he threw one of his daggers at the wolf's direction, hoping that it'll create more distraction.

IC Tapio

(Ta-Karda streets):

Tapio watched the battle ensue with an expression of pity and resolve. He didn't want these Rahi to be harmed, but what other options were there?

Taking out his sword, Tapio walked closer to the battle, ready to help the others, but still maintaining the priority of peace.

IC (Skald(Ta-Karda):

Skald entered the once city of fire, he strode through the streets, although he didn't like the city he needed to stock up on supplies.

From near the Icicle Inn he heard sounds of a battle, his instincts kicked in and he began running towards it.

OOC: I hope nobody minds if I jump in on the battle.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

Another large group of Kavinika were headed right for them, Dracax wasted no time.

He stopped, closing his eyes, his body stilled as the contraption on his left shoulder began to glow, a flaming wheel of orange energy gathering as he poured his resolve into the Rhotuka.

The wheel discharged, spinning forth as white streamers gathered to it as it absorbed the necessary energy from the cold air, before erupting into a massive blast of flames directed at the Kavinika.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC [Ta-Karda Streets]:

Novvah landed behind Odrek, and unleashed a weak gust with all his might. The gust managed to toss the snow on the ground into the eyes of the Kavinika attacking Odrek, giving Odrek some time to withdraw. "Mr. Odrek and Mr. Tapio, them Rahi too smart! They tryin' to encircle ye, don't give 'em such chance!" He bellowed through the winter wind, trying to get his commands straight.

"Mr. Odrek, would ye mind collect more 'em reinforcements from other streets Ta-Karda, with Mr. Tapio accompanying?" He yelled, while heading under Vokahi's cover. Sticking with a Toa of Smoke is probably #1 rule on "100 Ways to Survive a Rahi Attack as a Turaga" anyway, and he's more than willing to keep that in mind.

IC: Odrek

The Skakdi growled as he smashed in another kavinika's head. He could try to punch through their circle at any point, but he would only be helping himself if he did that. The hard truth was that he lacked any ranged offensive power. Though his thermal vision could help support, however.

"Tapio can go," he barked. "I can see the Rahi before they come, I'll be of more use here."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OOC: I'll be jumping in on this battle, as I said before, hopefully no one minds.

IC (Skald):

A blast of ice came out of a side street, immobilizing a kavinika. Anyone looking towards it's source would see a grim Toa of ice running towards the fight,

"Looks like I can help you all."

OOC: Any hunter/trapper character would know Skald as "The White Wanderer" other than that he wouldn't be known at all.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC [Ta-Karda streets]:

"Nevermind that, Mr. Tapio. It seemed like we got 'em company." Novvah remarked, as the ice blast hit one of the three Kavinikas to the right of the battle. A Toa of Ice ran toward them, somebody that Novvah had never seen. Definitely not one of the inn, at least. Novvah turned his head back at the Skakdi. "Mr. Odrek, would ya mind scannin' 'em tall buildings? These foul dogs enjoyed hidin' behind em."

OOC: Okay, so our groups are really close together. Sweet.

Zinyn breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the Fe-Matoran diving through one of the windows of an abandoned building. The appearance of another Toa of Ice punching through the Kavinka lines to join them was another welcome sight. At this point, though, there was little left that he could do.

A Kavinika interrupted his thoughts, breaking formation and darting around the flames erupting from the Ta-Toa's Rhotuka. It tackled him head-on, knocking him down and pouncing at his neck. Zinyn stabbed with his left knife, catching the beast below the jaw. He kicked, dislodging the creature, and followed up with a swipe with his right-hand blade, driving it through the wolf's eye-piece. He jerked it out as the wolf fell limp, and took a moment to survey the battle. they needed to end this and find the being directing the Kavinika.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

"Does everyone have something to hide behind? I may be able to 'clear out' a few of these wolves!" Teclorus screamed from his makeshift shelter, pulling out a metal ball. he pressed a latch on it and multiple spikes along with a fuse sprung out of tiny holes in it.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife